Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

10:00 a.m. ~ UN Webcast Live Schedule for Thursday, 28 July 2011

10:00 a.m. ~ UN Webcast Live Schedule for Thursday, 28 July 2011

UN Webcast Live Schedule for Thursday, 28 July 2011

All indicated times are New York time (GMT-4)

CHANNEL 4

10:00 a.m.: Security Council Meeting (English)

1) Resolution on the African Union/United Nations Hybrid operation in Darfur (UNAMID)

2) Resolution on the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI)

3) Briefing on Libya

CHANNEL 7

10:00 a.m.: Security Council Meeting (Original Language) 1) Resolution on the African Union/United Nations Hybrid operation in Darfur (UNAMID) 2) Resolution on the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) 3) Briefing on Libya

http://www.youtube.com/unitednations

http://articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com/2011/07/1000-am-un-webcast-live-schedule-for.html

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the post k98.

I see this going one of 2 ways -- either lifting Chapter VII sanctions and closing down UNAMI or extending Chapter VII and thereby extending UNAMI's mandate.

I'm hoping for the former and also hoping for a text message shortly thereafter from Mr. Montana!

C'mon man, RV already.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the post k98.

I see this going one of 2 ways -- either lifting Chapter VII sanctions and closing down UNAMI or extending Chapter VII and thereby extending UNAMI's mandate.

I'm hoping for the former and also hoping for a text message shortly thereafter from Mr. Montana!

C'mon man, RV already.

The funding for UNAMI was granted for a six month extension back in Dec. I do not expect too much from this meeting.

• Upvote 1

I am almost incredulous at this point. Is it really possible that they could get this done?

Of course it is possible that they could get this done but will they??? Knowing their track record I fear for the worst as we all know how they like to drag things out. On another note GO RV!!!! *Fingers crossed* :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am a newbie...please don't bash me too hard! :D

I just found this on another site and copied....not sure what it means, but they think sanctions have been lifted????? DO NOT QUOTE ME....I have no idea!!! :blink: I am just copying the information they posted.

SEE BELOW THE INFORMATION COPIED

Re: $$ UN Security Council Live Webcast Thursday 10:00 EST $$

moto Today at 9:30 am

.Kar/Admin wrote:

This has to do with Resolution 1936, but I don't understand what just happened.

UN closed Resolution 1936 which is UNAMI and that means they are no longer under sanctions of any kind...WHAT DO YOU THINK???.

kristybis4 Today at 9:31 am

.I tend to think you are right moto

kristybis4

Poster

Kar/Admin Today at 9:32 am

.I would think that is correct Moto, but that's only my guess!!!.

moto wrote:

Kar/Admin wrote:

This has to do with Resolution 1936, but I don't understand what just happened.

UN closed Resolution 1936 which is UNAMI and that means they are no longer under sanctions of any kind...WHAT DO YOU THINK???

That is exactly what I understood it to be Moto.. .

Edited by Lotsofdreams
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1