Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Yahoo Finance

optomistic1

I have been following this for about a year so if I'm off base please let me know. I have been watching Yahoo Finance for the last 20 minutes with the IQD showing a change against the GBP of +9,868.7598%. That is showing a rate of 0.0518. What does this mean. I am seeing this on my IPad and PC. What does this mean?

It went back to normal after about 22 min. I have been watching these rate changes since Thursday but this was the longest it held. I can't imagine this being a glitch given the amount of time it held and the frequency at which it changes. I am not a "Pumper" or a "Guru", I'm a person with hope and faith. THanks for the replies. I will continue to watch the numbers, "the numbers never lie".

• Upvote 1

It went back to normal after about 22 min. I have been watching these rate changes since Thursday but this was the longest it held. I can't imagine this being a glitch given the amount of time it held and the frequency at which it changes. I am not a "Pumper" or a "Guru", I'm a person with hope and faith. THanks for the replies. I will continue to watch the numbers, "the numbers never lie".

The numbers have been "Lying" for a week... I wouldn't waste your time. Just saying..

Someone should contact yahoo finance and find out why it's doing that.

HAHAHA

Perhaps we can release one of many newshound gurus onto the case.

Yahoo is probably "pinging" while tears continue to fall on Okie's keyborad as he's getting secret intel from a US Senator in Washington DC.

I almost for forgot on a serious note......Thanks for the post optomistic1!

At first I thought it was nothing; but this much continued activity for a managed level currency pegged against the US dollar is odd when the difference in change percentages are that high.

Edited by PD46

Someone should contact yahoo finance and find out why it's doing that

Yahoo Finance was contacted by another DV memeber, Here is the response

Yahoo finance finally sent a reply back, here it is below, after you have read it click on the link and it will take you to the post, read the replys after this was posted , very interesting

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Finance.

Before I go into addressing your concern, I'd like to first apologize

for the delay in my responding to your inquiry. We are committed to

answering your questions as quickly and accurately as possible. However,

we are currently receiving unusually high volumes which caused the

delayed response.

I understand you're reporting that IQD/GBP data is inaccurate on Yahoo!

Finance. I apologize for any frustration caused by this circumstance. I

would be glad to troubleshoot this issue with you until it is resolved.

Could you please send me a web address of any non-Yahoo! financial site

you are able to find the desired data that matches your request or

proves our data to be inaccurate? This information is necessary for me

to further investigate and to forward to our Product Group and

Engineers.

Note: We will need a site that does not require a username/password

login or subscription. If you do not know of any other non-Yahoo!

financial sites you can compare our reported information with, please

view some example credible sources below:

- http://www.nyse.com/

- http://www.nasdaq.com/

- http://www.morningstar.com/

- http://www.bloomberg.com/

In addition, please describe any unexpected behaviors you may be

experiencing with our site, if applicable. This will help to accurately

diagnose why this information wasn't readily available.

We appreciate your interest in Yahoo! services, and we appreciate that

you have taken the time to contact us. We look forward to your reply.

Thank you for choosing Yahoo! Finance. We appreciate having you as a

customer.

Kind Regards,

John

Yahoo! Finance Customer Care

Finance E2Y

91203431<BR _yuid="yui_3_1_1_3_131131052277864">

As you can see, they have known about this for sometime, they dont say they are having problems, they just seem to evade answering the question, and still its the same over a week later

Read more:

Edited by blonde_minx

Yes. Please don't call it a glitch. I am currently a software developer for a large corporation and worked for several years for Sony. People use the term "glitch" way too often. Code changes, patches or system related updates go through a change control process. Typically they are first loaded into a pre-production environment. They go through QA process, and eventually the change is loaded into the production environment. If the spiking was caused by a "glitch" because of the of code, I surmise that you would see issues with or currency comparisons. I have not heard of any. If this was a true code issue or patch issue, the developers would roll back to the prior version. This issue would still not be occurring for over a week. I believe the root cause is data related and possibly resides within the interface that provides yahoo with their numbers. This is meant to occur for whatever reason. I am not saying it's related to an RV but it's interesting that it only occurs when the IQD is being compared. I am very comfortable saying that this so called glitch is no glitch at all. Whatever the intent it's meant to be this way for now.

• Upvote 7

Yes. Please don't call it a glitch. I am currently a software developer for a large corporation and worked for several years for Sony. People use the term "glitch" way too often. Code changes, patches or system related updates go through a change control process. Typically they are first loaded into a pre-production environment. They go through QA process, and eventually the change is loaded into the production environment. If the spiking was caused by a "glitch" because of the of code, I surmise that you would see issues with or currency comparisons. I have not heard of any. If this was a true code issue or patch issue, the developers would roll back to the prior version. This issue would still not be occurring for over a week. I believe the root cause is data related and possibly resides within the interface that provides yahoo with their numbers. This is meant to occur for whatever reason. I am not saying it's related to an RV but it's interesting that it only occurs when the IQD is being compared. I am very comfortable saying that this so called glitch is no glitch at all. Whatever the intent it's meant to be this way for now.

Oh I'm so buying into that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks for your insight

I heart your post! :)

Thank you for your input. This is not the only site where this has occurred. Bloomberg was also changing the rate of both the IQD and VND, as well as some currency phone apps. The VND being the only other currency is strange, since it has been long rumored it could rv following the IQD......