Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I would love to see us step away from the Federal Reserve... but it seems everyone in power that suggests that gets shot (Kennedy, Reagan)... so not sure if it is possible or not??? Why should we be printing and using "unconstitutional currency"??? (go ahead... pull out a copy of the Constitution and it discribes "money"... now look at any Federal Reserve "Note" and that is what it says... "note"... it's not currency, it is a debt note. dry.gif That's my TwoCents.gif worth but that isn't worth much either I guess!

• Upvote 6

Well if the Dinar did RV then there would be more spending by the consumers, The problem is Obama is spending more then we can take in. When money is tight in our household / companies we cut back, spend only on what we have too to keep things still moving. Our gov spends and asks for more! That isnt how it works in the real world. He will get his 2 trillion he wants, and by the end of the year he will ask for more. Now where can we cut back on spending.... everywhere.... the answer isnt raising taxes. Most companies are barely making it right now, more taxes mean more lay offs, have to cut back somewhere. Some say you can raise your prices to overcome the raise, we all know that wont work. The answer to me is just stop spending. If you dont have it dont spend it, plain and simple.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

WHAT TO CUT , What to cut---here's a wild idea --how bout we cut out paying for the illegals in our country on welfare, SS, Medicaid ,food stamps and so forth --By thier own numbers the gov use it is in the trillions per year.

what to cut, what to cut!

capt cliff

• Upvote 11

RV and it will put a dent in some of it.

I agree with Redwizard 100%. We budget our households/businesses everyday. If we don't have the money, we can't spend it.

Also, people have to stop relying on the govt for money! Govt also need to stop sending so much money to other countries.

By no means should congress change the constitution and allow the president to change the debt ceiling without their approval, as they are considering doing, so they don't assume any onus for whatever happens when the Fed and their owners takes full financial control of our country. It's happened exactly this way to other countries in the past and being orchestrated by some of the same familes that did it before, so they have a winning formula are continue to follow it. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to be their philosophy for financial control.

• Upvote 1

Well if the Dinar did RV then there would be more spending by the consumers, The problem is Obama is spending more then we can take in. When money is tight in our household / companies we cut back, spend only on what we have too to keep things still moving. Our gov spends and asks for more! That isnt how it works in the real world. He will get his 2 trillion he wants, and by the end of the year he will ask for more. Now where can we cut back on spending.... everywhere.... the answer isnt raising taxes. Most companies are barely making it right now, more taxes mean more lay offs, have to cut back somewhere. Some say you can raise your prices to overcome the raise, we all know that wont work. The answer to me is just stop spending. If you dont have it dont spend it, plain and simple.

nice.

Lots of government bureaucracy needs to be removed into the private sector, if not totally abolished - way too top heavy! I do believe in the gold standard - and I do believe that revaluing the dinar will help - in the short term, however, spending for the sake of 'growth' must be reined in to moderate, achievable steadiness.

I'd like to see a flat tax - a reasonable percentage, prefaced by responsible spending. To get to that point, Congress would need to work for the people -

saying that our elected representatives will not be re elected should they 'fail' to remember constituency really doesn't work in the immediacy - each of them suffer little in consequence - each continues to receive a salary, benefits, perks while 'working' on a solution-

in fairness, how can any of us know how we'd react were we barnstormed by special interest lobbyists? And also in fairness to us, what other choice is presented but to elect another representative?

I do know that individuals can and will grow this economy - their resilience and healthy fiscal practice are the only methods saving - or trying to save - themselves from runaway Washington Armageddon spending.

• Upvote 1

Default and start all over again

It's going to happen sooner or later

Either way it means nothing to us poor people beside pay more tax.

haha they will never default do you understand whaat that would do yyou think the economy is bad now?? we would go into a bigger recession and be taxed to death even more. They know its NOT an option.

First...no more entitlement spending. I'm not naive enough to thing we can do away with social security and Medicare...but we sure don't need to come up with anything new. Second...flat, no deductions 10% income tax for EVERYONE making more than $5000 a year. Third...cut foreign spending by two thirds. Fourth...get rid of the Fed and reinstate the gold standard. Fifth...10% corporate income tax. And sixth...term limits...8 years for the house, 12 years for the Senate...and no more congressional pensions or health insurance.

• Upvote 1

Members of Congress need to quit fighting left and right . . . stating Democrat or Republican and say, "I am an American . . . this is my country and I am going to do whatever it takes to save it!" They need to fall on their face and cry out to God and ask HIM what needs to be done. They have been doing it, "their way," too long and need to do it HIS WAY! HE has the answer. God Bless America and Go RV!!!

• Upvote 2

WHAT TO CUT , What to cut---here's a wild idea --how bout we cut out paying for the illegals in our country on welfare, SS, Medicaid ,food stamps and so forth --By thier own numbers the gov use it is in the trillions per year.

capt cliff

That would put a BIG dent in it. Stop all the donations to other countries when we dont have it. Stop bailing out the big companies and destroying the small companies. There is so many things that the gov could do, but they wont. That isnt Politically Correct. I think it would be a blast to be the president, but my wife said I wouldnt last a week lol. tongue.gif

• Upvote 1

I would love to see us step away from the Federal Reserve... but it seems everyone in power that suggests that gets shot (Kennedy, Reagan)... so not sure if it is possible or not??? Why should we be printing and using "unconstitutional currency"??? (go ahead... pull out a copy of the Constitution and it discribes "money"... now look at any Federal Reserve "Note" and that is what it says... "note"... it's not currency, it is a debt note. dry.gif That's my TwoCents.gif worth but that isn't worth much either I guess!

That would be a start, but it is all part of a centuries old plan to destroy the US and the middle class for their benefit. The only way to put a stop to it is for the People of the USA and most other Countries to stand up and take what is theirs back from the Elites before it is too late.

The rest of the world is starting to do just that, but they keep asking "why aren't the Americans taking to the streets?" Zbigniew Brzezinski said that the Elites are worried now about the awakening happening worldwide, and for a good reason. Remember..."We are Many, They are Few!"

• Upvote 1

capt cliff

I'm with you on this one. We need to put someone in the WH in 2012 that will convert this country from a Nation of Takers to a Nation of Makers. What we need is a seachange of thinking in this country to put us back on course towards fiscal responsibility. Oh, and while we're at it, how about a principalled adult in the WH.

• Upvote 1

We need a new party. One who`s concern is the American people rather then the party itself. There`s very few politicians in this country right now that have any type of honesty, Integrity, or strength of character. Most would let the USA slide into another depression rather then believe their party could possibly be wrong. And I'm talking both parties not just one. Fire them all and re-hire only patriot's. Loyal to the constitution and tell the UN to go to hell

• Upvote 1

Lots of government bureaucracy needs to be removed into the private sector, if not totally abolished - way too top heavy! I do believe in the gold standard - and I do believe that revaluing the dinar will help - in the short term, however, spending for the sake of 'growth' must be reined in to moderate, achievable steadiness.

I'd like to see a flat tax - a reasonable percentage, prefaced by responsible spending. To get to that point, Congress would need to work for the people -

saying that our elected representatives will not be re elected should they 'fail' to remember constituency really doesn't work in the immediacy - each of them suffer little in consequence - each continues to receive a salary, benefits, perks while 'working' on a solution-

in fairness, how can any of us know how we'd react were we barnstormed by special interest lobbyists? And also in fairness to us, what other choice is presented but to elect another representative?

I do know that individuals can and will grow this economy - their resilience and healthy fiscal practice are the only methods saving - or trying to save - themselves from runaway Washington Armageddon spending.

I know that I don't know a lot about how exactly governments run, so please understand that I am only using logic to speak with:

I would love to see a flat tax. If you don't want to spend money then don't you pay tax. So if the poor want to stay poor then stay poor and don't pay tax. If you want to spend money to make money than you will pay the tax to do so. I am also tired of the "the rich can afford it" mentality - and I am not rich. But if I ever have the opportunity to have money, I would hate to think that it would be taken away just because I have it to give. I have always thought this way - not only now because of the Dinar - I am not invested like alot of you are-I am sure of it . I will be able to pay my debt and put some money in the bank to be a blessing to others that are trying to help themselves. I would love a flat tax.

I would also love for the government to have to live like the rest of the planet. If you don't have the money, you can't buy or pay for it. I see alot of areas also that we could cut spending. I was single mother of 2 at the time and I worked by myself cleaning carpets for $9.50 an hour and all I needed extra a month was $75 - $100 for food and bills. I had gone to get some assistance - nothing crazy - I don't like the governments help. But for my kids sake, I went for the small help. I never got the help because I made to much and so I got a second job and worked more. So when I hear of people complaining that they have 5 kids, school paid, and living of my hard earned moola, I start to have issues with our government's spending. I didn't ask for much and I wasn't looking to have a hand out for the rest of my life. I was in between getting a raise and just becoming a single mother living on my own - didn't live with family. I just needed help for about 6 months. But now that I am on the better side of things, I am glad that I didn't get the help because I am proof that if you want to make it, you can. I wish people would stop looking to the government regarding their problems. If you are hungry, plant a garden, use coupons. Do what it takes to save. Don't spend what you don't have. I am tired of paying higher taxes because the government is scared of cutting programs that if more money stayed in our hands we could fund ourselves and even create jobs to do it.

I am tired of the fact that the government bailed out banks because they over valued homes to give loans and the economy went bad. Isn't that the risk they take on owning a bank? I mean, we have to live with the risks we take everyday and no one bails us out. If the bailout money would have gone into the hands of the citizens, instead of, to the banks we would have paid off homes(bank problem solved), had money to spend, and would have had jobs to create with the new businesses people would have been starting. The government wants us dependant on it, otherwise, it would be out of business. Then maybe it would go back to what it was made for, protecting us.

And our president and his part of the government wants the ceiling raised, the Dinar revenue he knows is coming, and the debt that will still incurr. Talk about dependant on the government - that is what they want

I don't want to have to keep paying higher taxes. I would rather pay for things that matter more out of my own money. Let the independant person fund the fight for aids, dissabled people, and etc. Believe me, if their is a need it will get filled. But I would rather it not be all of us funding everything. Let the need be filled by people, not our government putting it's hands into everything. We don't want taxed, but a lot of people don't want the responsibility to live our lives and the consequences of it. Having to live with the consequences of the way you live would create a survival of the fittest, I know, but you would definitely think about how you raised your kids again, you would be more likely to spend your money wisely, and you would be more apt to think before you spoke and did anything. Wouldn't you? When people decide to be more responsible is when we will see less government. But our government is making sure we don't do that - who insists on paying for childcare? who insists on bailing out corporations? who insists on raising taxes? Do you see the theme here? More government, not good growing economy. I know they say they are working on it and pretend that they can fix it, but they aren't. Because if any of them truly understood a good economy, they would discipline themselves to what is right, and give the people their money back to put it into a failing ecomony.

Again, just an opinion! Have a nice day!

Go RV :D

• Upvote 5

capt cliff

And how about if we stop sending millions of dollars every year to our enemies, countries that say publicly that they hate us. Pakistan comes to mind, and there are many others.

• Upvote 2

Just wanted to get other peoples thoughts on what our country SHOULD do to get out of this financial crisis.

There are no wrong answers here people B) ... so waddya got?

Alex

I have always wondered why each department of the government couldn't be told to cut 10% and they would have the right to choose how it gets done.

I too agree with most of you guys. As Americans, take back our country! **** can the Federal Reserve, stop paying for all these immigrants, get a new President, the citizens need to vote on the qualified not someone that has carisma or just because your friend voted for that person, BRING OUR JOBS BACK!!!! Mom, Pop business help build this country and now they don't have a chance. Small Business are going to be extinct, they too help build this country. Education, education, education..................................All the PORK in Washington needs to be fried and gotten rid of............Since our President and government can't play by the rules of the Constitution, they want to change it to fit their needs. That is BS. I love this country we are not perfect people but we are a careing country. When disasters occur, people pull together for the good of the people, I have seen this many times. I could go on and on but you guys know as well as I do all the things that need to be done........

GOD BLESS THE USA

and GOD BLESS OUR SOLDIERS!!

Edited by AngelBaby
  • Upvote 1

capt clif

What a great (GREAT GREAT) IDEA! You should start a pole and see what the rest of the DV's think!

That Trillion does not even include the removal of all the criminals in the prisons and jails that should be deported. Families and all! It doesn't include all the cost for education for all the children in our schools that are getting free education and meals and clothing.

If they have children in the family, and they are considered US Citizens, then they should be sent back with the parents to the country of origin and when they reach 18 years of age they can go to the American embassy and apply for their visa to get back in. We have always had immigration to America! But there is a process and it's not walking across the Mexican/US Border and sucking up our tax dollars or selling drugs.

I would rather have soldiers on the border and stopping this crap there; than having guards and more prisons (at the cost of $40,000. per prisoner) and keep the illegals and drug runners out. You should see the what Mexico does to the illegal aliens that try to come to their country!

If we keep letting the illegal aliens across the border, our wealth from the Dinar will be sucked up by our politicians for votes and wasted on the the Illegals.

Next!!!!! End Welfare payments Programs and unemployment after 16 weeks. Period! If they can't find a job in 16 weeks then they need to create their own. Become a business owner and see what paying taxes is really like! Oh yes! This is just my opinion that is shared by many of the silent majority!

Save America! Export all the Illegal Aliens!

• Upvote 2

Default and start all over again

It's going to happen sooner or later

Either way it means nothing to us poor people beside pay more tax.

YOU DO UNDERSTAND....by defaulting it then cost the US more to borrow money? I've watched this budget mess for a while and the mean spiritedness that's happening in washington, it makes me sick. Has anyone considered the damage it does to the morale of our men and women who make extraordinary sacrafices to keep us free. Now they have to not only worry about the enemy, they now are concerned because spouse emailed and says they cannot pay the mortgage on the first if no check! Or.....what about granny....she has to make a decision...do I turn on the A/C in this heat wave, or do I pay my co-pay's on my meds....And FYI its the poor people that suffer the most, they are literally hanging on by their fingernails now, what happens when interest rates go up? gas prices keep going up! We need to demand more responsibility from our representatives...we need to make them aware that we the people are sick and tired of route step politics, we need to be taken serious, They need to CAST THEIR VOTE for the people and not their party. Should they be unwilling to adopt those principles, there's an App for that, its called a ballot. Put someone in their place that understands what "We The People" Means, Just saying

• Upvote 2