Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anyone successfully opened new account in last 3 weeks?

sambob

Has anyone used Bank of America's on-line wire transfer to wire funds to Warka. If so.....

Did you go through Citi?

Here, they want to confirm the account with a small deposit and ask for my user name and password at Citi........ I don't have a Citi account.

or

Did you wire directly to Warka?

This is another mess. All the correct info is there for Warka including the SWIFT code and Warka's address, but then asks for my info; name, address, country.... Wait..... NO, UNITED STATES, NO, AMERICA.......????

Help! Please!! :(

I was wondering the same thing. I received my email from Warka with wire transfer instructions. I bank with Chase and notice I can do the wire transfer online. It was easy for me to setup the wire transfer and Chase keeps everything on file as a saved recipient. So any time I need to transfer funds to the Citibank/Warka account, it is only a couple of clicks. Now that I have it all set up, I have been scared to hit the send button. Anyone else tried it this way and had success?

SUCCESS......................

Well folks here is the update on my experience with Warka Bank. For those of you who don't recall or wish to scroll back in this tread I will make my timeline simple.

June 16th I applied for an account using Warka's online application on the old website before it was taken down and revised

June 20th I made inquiry regarding the status of my account application to the accounts department

June 27th I forwarded my initial inquiry to Mr. Issa

July 1st Mr. Issa replied and advised that my account would be established soon.

July 12th I received my account numbers via email

July 13th I wired funds from my bank to Warka per their standard instructions

July 20th I received confirmation that my wire was received and that once the online account access fee was deducted from my IQD account my login information would be forwarded.

August 2nd I received my online account login information, logged in, and transferred my funds from my USD account to my IQD account

It took me about a month and a half total time to accomplish all of this. Towards the end of June I began requesting read receipts with each email I sent. I also made it a point to email between 1 am and 2 am central time so as to ensure they reached during business hours Sunday thru Thursday.

I was always respectful in my requests and follow ups even when I was frustrated about the process. It was a lengthy process but I feel it was well worth my time and effort.

I hope this can be of help to others.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RV

Mark in Texas

Mark, I managed to get through most of the same steps as you. About the same amount of time. Right now a Rowaida has e-mailed me that the dollars to dinar exchange has taken place with "X" amount of dinars in the IQD account and $150 USD in the US account. It also stated 2000 dinars and $2 USD deducted for opening account fees. Although I had mentioned to exchange the dollars to dinars in my previous e-mail I also mentioned I was also needing log on information to do online banking. His above e-mail did have Mohammed Issa carboned copied along with my previous e-mail attached below it. But no one else was carboned copied. Will they now e-mail me my e-banking logon or is there something I'm suppose to do? Just wait and if so how long? I'm a little fuzzy on this final step.

I did noticed it helped to send with return reciept. I noticed sending during their time of hours didn't help that much. One time I actually got a response within 24 hours when sent at 9:00AM Central my time. Thanks!

Still trying to help my bank do a wire for me. I know that the Vet's can help me more than the bank can.

Can someone please tell me what to put in this section of the form for a wire transfer.

On my wire transfer form it has:

Receiving Bank Name: Citi Bank New York

Receiving Routing/ABA Number: 021000089

Receiving Bank Full Address:_______?______

Receiving Bank Information

Credit to:

Receiving Bank Account Number: ________?______

Name(s) on Account: ______?_______

Address: ________________

City: ______?________ State: _____?_______ Zip: _______?_______

Special Instructions: _____________________?_____________________

Thanks to anyone and everyone.

Edited by Dinar_o'saurs

Dinar_osaur's, I used Wells Fargo to wire the funds to Warka thru Citibank in NY. But the form WF used must be a little different than your bank because the same "questions" aren't there. Here's what was on my wire:

Beneficiary/Recipient Name:

my name

Beneficiary Acct #: my USD acct # that Warka had given me

Beneficiary address:

my home address

Beneficiary Bank Information:

Beneficiary Bank: WAIVIQBA (this was the bank code for Warka)

Beneficiary Bank Name:

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Information for Beneficiary Bank:

FBO (then my acct #)

Optional: Intermediary Beneficiary ank RTN or SWIFT BIC:

CITIUA33

International Routing Code (IRC)

Intermediary Bank Acct #

The rest was my personal info from my acct with Wells Fargo. So not sure if this will help you or not. Maybe print out this page & take it to your bank & see if they can figure out which of this info goes into their blanks. Hope this helps.

to:

• Upvote 1

Dinar_osaur's, I used Wells Fargo to wire the funds to Warka thru Citibank in NY. But the form WF used must be a little different than your bank because the same "questions" aren't there. Here's what was on my wire:

Beneficiary/Recipient Name:

my name

Beneficiary Acct #: my USD acct # that Warka had given me

Beneficiary address:

my home address

Beneficiary Bank Information:

Beneficiary Bank: WAIVIQBA (this was the bank code for Warka)

Beneficiary Bank Name:

Warka Bank for Investment and Finance

Information for Beneficiary Bank:

FBO (then my acct #)

Optional: Intermediary Beneficiary ank RTN or SWIFT BIC:

CITIUA33

International Routing Code (IRC)

Intermediary Bank Acct #

The rest was my personal info from my acct with Wells Fargo. So not sure if this will help you or not. Maybe print out this page & take it to your bank & see if they can figure out which of this info goes into their blanks. Hope this helps.

to:

paperboy.......... thanks so much for taking the time to help me muddle through some of this red tape.

Looking at the wire trans. form I think I may have figured it out.

For the Receiving Banks full address: This obviously has to be Citi's address, which I found here at the DV, thank you NevadaAl and your post from 5/11.

The Receiving Bank Acct. # should be the 369***** which is Warka's Acct. # @ Citi. (There is a place at the top of the form for the Fed. Wire #.)

Name(s) on the Acct. should be 'Warka Bank for Investment & Finance - Main Branch'

Address: This should be Warka physical address to help identify them even more, I guess?

Special Instructions: This is where I'd put my full name along with my USD & IQD Acct. #'s

paperboy.... did you just put your USD Acct. # (from Warka) and not your IQD #.

If this is right, I'm resigning my current job to become a 'bankster'. Maybe not............. :huh::lol:

• 1 month later...

I have tried and I even went back and forth with Mr Issa when he confirmed my information and cc'd the department that is suppose to open my account but I haven't heared anything else so I decided to open an account with another bank. I guess with the Vets when they opened their account they didn't have all the fees that Warka now charges. Heck they even charge for online banking.

Been with Warka for many years. Mr. Issa is the man. You reach him and his office will channel your request.

They are rather slow but keep in mind that you have no idea why, and it could very well be worth it in the long term

I can tell you they are MUCH faster now than they were back in 2005 and the service, though slow, has been

solid and professional. I have their debit card and that took some time to get, but not bad. More recently I had

my son added as my beneficiary and co owner of the account, and that went through once I got through...finally.

After several emails and no replies, Ifound the email address for the lady who helped me set up my Master Card

account and told her that I was very frustrated since I had emailed the accounts dept five times with no response,

and asked her if anything was wrong. I asked her to please make sure my email got taken care of as I needed to

take care of some important matters regarding setting up my beneficiary.

I got a reply with the procedure I needed to follow within a couple of days from another dept. I sent in what was

required via email attachment and I had my son added within a week.

It seems to me, once you get their attention and reply on the same email your receive, things go rather well.

But this last time around it was very slow and not getting replies to my requests, though it took awhile, I always

got a reply, was highly unusual.

This leads me to believe that they may very well be in the process of modernizing and restructuring. Keep in

mind that Warka is a big bank with many branches. Bringing new technology into a huge structure

of many outdated systems and connecting them, is immense. Just the training of personnel is a major deal and

interrupts the normal work force, especially in the middle of a transition such as they must be going through.

It is possible that the recent slow down of service just may be priorities. There may be nothing more

important to them right now than taking the steps necessary to enter connect to world of international commerce

in a big way and very soon? I think this is a very good possibility.

I have tried and I even went back and forth with Mr Issa when he confirmed my information and cc'd the department that is suppose to open my account but I haven't heared anything else so I decided to open an account with another bank. I guess with the Vets when they opened their account they didn't have all the fees that Warka now charges. Heck they even charge for online banking.

With the interest they pay...it is fine with me!

In the last three weeks I have made two attempts to wire transfer money to my Warka account. Both transactions were stopped by Department of State, reason given me from both Wells Fargo and USAA. I contacted my Warka branch manager, was informed Warka was conducting their annual inventory. Not sure what that's about! In several email correspondence I asked if his branch had the new IQD denomination. He ignored the question on all emails. Whoever, he stated he would be contacting me when I could wire transfer funds, the odd thing was his closing statement. "I wish you urethrae days :rolleyes: " This I find to be a interesting statment!

For those invested in Warka and ISX, life is going to be great! My :twocents:

Edited by 82Corp.

unfortunately i don't believe, at this present time, there is any alternative option for non-iraqi's. unless something has changed as of late, warka is currently the only bank in iraq allowing non-iraqi accounts.

In the last three weeks I have made two attempts to wire transfer money to my Warka account. Both transactions were stopped by Department of State, reason given me from both Wells Fargo and USAA. I contacted my Warka branch manager, was informed Warka was conducting their annual inventory. Not sure what that's about! In several email correspondence I asked if his branch had the new IQD denomination. He ignored the question on all emails. Whoever, he stated he would be contacting me when I could wire transfer funds, the odd thing was his closing statement. "I wish you urethrae days :rolleyes: " This I find to be a interesting statment!

For those invested in Warka and ISX, life is going to be great! My :twocents:

DinarBot Team says hold on Money to Warka. DinarBot team has shares and account with Warka. Warka stopped trading, many desert moons ago, due to poor business practices. Warka Debit card stopped working over 1 year ago. Do not reward poor behaviour. One Kave Kat in Hand better than two in desert - Just ask Krinkles. Stick with cash in hand for now. DinarBot Team no send Warka money since Warka fell off ISX. Be safe not sorry. You are welcome for "DinarBot" brain crushing truthiness.

DinarBot Warka Archives:

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/tag/warka-bank/

Edited by DinarBot

unfortunately i don't believe, at this present time, there is any alternative option for non-iraqi's. unless something has changed as of late, warka is currently the only bank in iraq allowing non-iraqi accounts.

There are plenty of military and contractors here that have accounts with the Bank of Baghdad, myself included. I have both an USD and IQD savings account. Below is an article about the branch on the base that I am currently on.

http://www.usf-iraq.com/news/headlines/us-iraq-partner-on-bank-of-baghdad

• Upvote 1

Been with Warka for many years. Mr. Issa is the man. You reach him and his office will channel your request.

They are rather slow but keep in mind that you have no idea why, and it could very well be worth it in the long term

I can tell you they are MUCH faster now than they were back in 2005 and the service, though slow, has been

solid and professional. I have their debit card and that took some time to get, but not bad. More recently I had

my son added as my beneficiary and co owner of the account, and that went through once I got through...finally.

After several emails and no replies, Ifound the email address for the lady who helped me set up my Master Card

account and told her that I was very frustrated since I had emailed the accounts dept five times with no response,

and asked her if anything was wrong. I asked her to please make sure my email got taken care of as I needed to

take care of some important matters regarding setting up my beneficiary.

I got a reply with the procedure I needed to follow within a couple of days from another dept. I sent in what was

required via email attachment and I had my son added within a week.

It seems to me, once you get their attention and reply on the same email your receive, things go rather well.

But this last time around it was very slow and not getting replies to my requests, though it took awhile, I always

got a reply, was highly unusual.

This leads me to believe that they may very well be in the process of modernizing and restructuring. Keep in

mind that Warka is a big bank with many branches. Bringing new technology into a huge structure

of many outdated systems and connecting them, is immense. Just the training of personnel is a major deal and

interrupts the normal work force, especially in the middle of a transition such as they must be going through.

It is possible that the recent slow down of service just may be priorities. There may be nothing more

important to them right now than taking the steps necessary to enter connect to world of international commerce

in a big way and very soon? I think this is a very good possibility.

This was just released. ;)

Dear Warka Clients,

We would like to bring to your kind attention that we are currently updating our local network system where our services will be down till Monday where once the upgrade has been completed our full services and products can be used and accessed accordingly.

We thank you for your patience and good cooperation.

Best regards,

E-Banking Department

Read more: