Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Currency Auction CBI 5/3/2011

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1888)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 3-MAY-2011. The results were as follows:

DETAILS NOTES

Number of banks 6

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 3,515,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 3,515,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is the lowest auction in the last 5 years.

It's very interesting. Yesterday was app. 28 mil USD, today 3,5 mil USD. I try to use my brain what does it mean. Is it possible that CBI auction show us that we are very close to RV. It is logical explanation. They don't want to buy more USD because they want to have more IQD when RV come. I hope Shab will "push the button" very soon, maybe this week

I've never seen it this low either. It really looks like RV is immanent.

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 3-MAY-2011. The results were as follows:

Details Notes Number of banks 6 Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170 Auction price buying dinar / US$ ----- Amount sold at auction price (US$) 3,515,000 Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) ----- Total offers for buying (US$) 3,515,000 Total offers for selling (US$)

No, but you'd have to go back to Dec 26, 2006 to find something lower. Unfortunately, the cash/wire portions being reported separately doesn't start until what 2009?

Let's see the function of the auction is to maintain liquidity ... yet "minuscule" isn't small enough to cover today's auction ... only 6 banks participating ... oh ... and did I say yet that it is ALL CASH!

I don't know folks, but ordinarily I would advise my friends to "hold onto your skivvies boys and girls" ... while we don't know what is going to happen (although there is enough speculation to fill an aircraft carrier) ... it looks as though SOMETHING is definitely up ... what do you say ... just this once ... that we ALL believe it's the value of the IQD going up!

I know ... I know ... expecting ALL of us to believe a single thing is asking a bit much ... give it a try though, won't you?!

Peace

Doc31

Those are some pretty powerful words there Doc!

Let's all click our heels three times and say, "I believe!, I believe, I believe!"

:D

• Upvote 1