Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DINAR EBAY QUES

rvpleaserv

Hello Im fairly new to the Dinar been in it for Just over a year now, My question is I bought my first 100k from a verified dinar dealer online. But the rest of my dinar Ive been buying of ebay so when the RV DOES HAPPEN!!! Am I gonna need some kind of receipt or proof that I bought it from a verified dealer? Im worried that the other 500k i bought of ebay I wount be able to cash in? Also is it more wiser to buy smaller Dinar bills? ive seen on ebay one 1000 dinar bill sell for 7 dollars!? an 500 dinar bills selling all they way 3$ a piece why is that? Thanks for your time an help

Hello Im fairly new to the Dinar been in it for Just over a year now, My question is I bought my first 100k from a verified dinar dealer online. But the rest of my dinar Ive been buying of ebay so when the RV DOES HAPPEN!!! Am I gonna need some kind of receipt or proof that I bought it from a verified dealer? Im worried that the other 500k i bought of ebay I wount be able to cash in? Also is it more wiser to buy smaller Dinar bills? ive seen on ebay one 1000 dinar bill sell for 7 dollars!? an 500 dinar bills selling all they way 3$ a piece why is that? Thanks for your time an help

i read somewhere recently that you will not need a reciept if you cash in with Ali at Dinartrade but they will verify them

stay away from e-bay

i have the u.s. treasury certificate printed out from d-trade--and the certificate of authenticity from the delarue counting machine

The only reason I buy off ebay usually is because most the places only sell 100k at a time And I cant afford to buy that much at one time so I buy smaller amounts off ebay. And I heard That the Dinar is the hardest currency to counterfit? But I dont know the truth behind that?

Edited by rvpleaserv

stay away from e-bay

i have the u.s. treasury certificate printed out from d-trade--and the certificate of authenticity from the delarue counting machine

[/quote

Easy to say if you can afford the dealers charges.

Ebay is an easy low cost solution and should be ok if you stick to an established seller. You should convert the prices to 'per million' and make comparisons as the prices vary quite a bit. I have used ebay in the UK and the sellers have included a receipt.

Good Luck.

Yeah I use the same seller off ebay he has sold a crap load of it an has 100% feedback so hes well established. People say just buy what you can afford in dinar to be safe, So ebay is the only place I can buy small amounts. an I want to be living the dream here hopefully within the year!!! so I buy small amounts weekly. GO RV thanks for your intel everyone

[/quote

Easy to say if you can afford the dealers charges.

Ebay is an easy low cost solution and should be ok if you stick to an established seller. You should convert the prices to 'per million' and make comparisons as the prices vary quite a bit. I have used ebay in the UK and the sellers have included a receipt.

Good Luck.

Thanks sandyf for the rational response. :)

Just as sandyf has stated rvpleaserv. eBay still has the best prices and many great sellers.

Some are trying to gouge, just search for a reasonable price usually you can find a fair

"buy it now" price. Often you can still buy 100K on eBay for between 125 - 135 with no problem.

It certainly beats 180 - 200 or more price from a dealer. Stay away from most of those who state the

"we are registered with the UST" slogan as they will charge you more money. In reality,

anyone can get registered to sell currency as a money service business and that alone makes NO one automatically

"legit" or honest. Find a seller who has excellent feedback and guarantees authentic notes, they are also covered

by eBay buyer protection.

The 'stay away from eBay and buy only from dealer' rhetoric has cost people so much more

than necessary. You did fine. I purchased all mine from eBay because I would not pay the dealer

premiums and neither does anyone have to. It is bogus to think that. The notes have met all security features

and you will save a ton of money on shipping that never has to be 'overnight'.

Thanks for the question rvpleaserv. Hope it helps and thanks again sandyf :D

All my best! :)

Jim

---

The only reason I buy off ebay usually is because most the places only sell 100k at a time And I cant afford to buy that much at one time so I buy smaller amounts off ebay. And I heard That the Dinar is the hardest currency to counterfit? But I dont know the truth behind that?

Hi rvpleaserv. I think the only reason Chuck is saying to saying to stay away from Ebay, is because of the problem some has seen with counterfeit dinar. There are some security features to the "real" dinar that you can check out, but if and when a RV happens, your dinar is going to be run through a De La Rue Cash System machine, and if its not the real deal, your not cashing in on them. I think for the most part, anyone here on DV would want to protect each other from that happening as much as any of us can. In fact, I tried finding the link, I believe maybe Doc31 had posted it a while back on the listed and visuals of the security features on the Dinar, it was a good read. With Doc have 4000+ post, I think I might need a little time to find it....lol.

• Upvote 1

THANKS JIM! yeah the guy a buy from has shipping prices for 75cents to 99cents, for each bill but ill buy a bunch of bills off him an he combine shipping an only charge me 75cents for all an get some good deals I bought 50k in 5000 dinar bills, for 58$ total couple weeks ago I was amazed I got it that cheap. thanks again GO RV

Yeah I know where to look for all the security features on the bills, you can also put them under a blacklight to check to

FNBPLANET yes I agree with you on not trusting the people selling reserve dinar on ebay. Theres even I guy selling email and text alert notification for 7.95 lol an hes sells a decent amount of them to which is surprising. Cause Im sure it will be all over the news an net just as fast.

THANKS JIM! yeah the guy a buy from has shipping prices for 75cents to 99cents, for each bill but ill buy a bunch of bills off him an he combine shipping an only charge me 75cents for all an get some good deals I bought 50k in 5000 dinar bills, for 58$ total couple weeks ago I was amazed I got it that cheap. thanks again GO RV

Yeah I know where to look for all the security features on the bills, you can also put them under a blacklight to check to

You are welcome :)

Also, there has never been counterfeit dinar found on eBay. That was rumor

started back in Feb 2010 after an armored vehicle in Iraq was held up and I think

900 million dinar were stolen. They were CIRCULATED notes and the very next day

ALL notes were found and also it was one of the bankers that also were involved.

All parties were prosecuted and ALL dinar were found hidden in a house. This rumor was

debunked a long time ago, and most forgot that they were ALL circulated notes. I believe

dealers started the rumor and used the scare tactic, and it worked very well until it was proven to

have been a false report and just a rumor, like most of the things we all hear today :lol:

So it simply drove a lot of people to pay much more than necessary out of needless fear.

Many people have bought circulated notes over the years, that is OK too if they are not defaced

torn, etc. but I personally wanted UNCirculated notes and I am sure that is what you buy rvpleaserv.

You did fine :)

All my best! :)

Jim

---

Hi rvpleaserv and welcome!!

I bought 100K Dinar on ebay last week for $185 (they were 1000 Dinar notes - that is $1.85 per note). Got them quickly, and they are identical to the others I purchased from Tampadinar.

Tampadinar sells the same amount for $530.00 They are Identical. Just like anything else, until you lose the fear of buying somewhere you have not been accustomed to, it can be challenging. You will not need a receipt for turning the Dinar in at cash-in, as a receipt won't help you if your notes are counterfeit.

Some have speculated that the receipt will be necessary for a proof of purchase date for the IRS, if you can claim LONG TERM Capital gains. That would definitely help you, since you state you have been in this "just over a year". That, however, is still speculation, as nobody really knows how the ruling will be determined by the IRS for the "regular income, capital gains issue".

I have been trying to purchase smaller denominations only for the purpose of KEEPING them and NOT cashing them in right away, but gifting them to family. (I will cash in all my large denom's 25K, 10K $ 5K) if the rv is over $1

Again, welcome and hold on you your hat!

HARDMONEY1 thats a good idea about cashing in the larger bills first if it rv lows, but lets hope HIGH :D Yeah I was just on ebay and one 1000 dinar bill just sold for 8.27$ free shipping thats crazy someone would pay that much just for a 1000 dinar, but on the other hand you can find some real great deals on ebay if you search hard an long enough lol. Well thanks for the input everyone Go RV!!!

Hi rvpleaserv. I think the only reason Chuck is saying to saying to stay away from Ebay, is because of the problem some has seen with counterfeit dinar. There are some security features to the "real" dinar that you can check out, but if and when a RV happens, your dinar is going to be run through a De La Rue Cash System machine, and if its not the real deal, your not cashing in on them. I think for the most part, anyone here on DV would want to protect each other from that happening as much as any of us can. In fact, I tried finding the link, I believe maybe Doc31 had posted it a while back on the listed and visuals of the security features on the Dinar, it was a good read. With Doc have 4000+ post, I think I might need a little time to find it....lol.

Here's DOC31's post. Hope this helps! :)

DOC31's post - Stop Relying on Your Certificate and De La Rue Machines

• Upvote 3

Don't know about other cash in sites but at 5/3 in tn. where i purchased most of mine, they assured me that they will cash in when the time comes, run it thru the De La Rue machine which counts, certifies for authentacy and thats what counts. No papers of proof will be required. You will only be paid for authentic Dinar. Hope this helps

HARDMONEY1 thats a good idea about cashing in the larger bills first if it rv lows, but lets hope HIGH :D Yeah I was just on ebay and one 1000 dinar bill just sold for 8.27$ free shipping thats crazy someone would pay that much just for a 1000 dinar, but on the other hand you can find some real great deals on ebay if you search hard an long enough lol. Well thanks for the input everyone Go RV!!!

l've made a few purchases from ebay and you are correct some items are priced way out there. But some times you can find pretty good steals I just picked up 500k in 25k notes last night for $560. That's better than the dealers are giving.

Edited by Snatcher

Most all of my notes have come from Ebay. I had one buy that went bad. Turned out that they were old Saddam notes. It did not have a picture and were said to be "in current curculation". I filed a complaint with paypal and Ebay, Did not help! I have since bought millions more from Ebay with no problems. You have to be careful.

Good job Thor363

Everyone needs to stop and take a deep breath.

Now go back and read the part in Ali's chat regarding IQD and how "the forums are making this much harder than it is" (or a reasonable facsimile thereof).

The receipt to cash out came from Kuwait stories of Iraqis raiding the banks and hauling them off. The Kuwaiti's then required a proof to trade them for the new KWD. That's all.

Folks ... you are not holding a certificate ... you are holding currency. Cash out, buy something with it, put it into an account somewhere that will allow you to open an account in IQD and hold a balance ...

Why do you folks all freak out over IQD and make it so complicated? When you go to Europe and come home with EUROs or Mexico and come home with Pesos you don't freak out!

Authenticate your IQD ... Thor363 put a link for you to learn how if you don't already know how.

I wrote the article when everyone was talking about how much counterfeit IQD there was ... to date we've seen none ... even off ebay. All I wanted to do was give DV members a way to be sure and sleep at night.

Assuming that because you bought it from a particular bank or vendor makes you "safe" is ridiculous!

Assuming that because you have a certificate that says it is genuine is ridiculous!

Assuming that for any other reason besides you authenticating it is ridiculous!

Do you due diligence ... be certain ... sleep at night and wait for the clowns in Iraq to do what they are supposed to do.

The only time that you might need a receipt should be IF this is classified as capital gains and you need to prove date of purchase (366 long term ... less short term) I don't think that this will be the case but we shall see. And IF you would need a receipt for this it would be required a YEAR later.

Figure it out. 2011 taxes are due when? April 15, 2012! Would you include a receipt with your return ... nope! If the IRS were to do a general audit it would come months later (usually about 6) probably Sept or Oct of 2012 ... are you getting the picture? ... fine ... show them ... you ebayers ... paypal account receipt ... cashier's check ... credit card ... etc. are all things that would be acceptable ... provide the auction number in conjunction with the method of payment. For those of you deployed there and you got it from a vendor ... when were you deployed? ... or the base paymaster (can't recall the proper name but you get the idea). They won't be looking for a certified copy ... just a receipt!

Everyone acts like IQD going throught the DeLaRue machine is some magical experience. It is the least sophisticated feature on the IQD. Now if it were screened via several of the IQD's top rated security features then you'd have something. It isn't a big deal. A DeLaRue machine is NOT required to authenticate IQD ... it would just take a long time without one. It takes me about 1 - 1.5 seconds to authenticate a bill. Please, please, please do this if you already haven't.

Now ... relax!

If someone has a counterfeit please contact me ... I did a poll and no one had to date.

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 3

stay away from e-bay

It's nonsense to stay away from Ebay. If the currency is real, it is real, you don't need any certificate of authenticity.

Besides, a COA can be written by anyone, they aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

My Hero!!...lol, thanks for finding that. I didn't even get to look for it last night!! +1 for just being awesome! ;)

Thanks Cherysh. Doc31 is the real hero. His post here is dead on!

People worry too much and really don't have to.

+1 for both of you for being ...well... YOU!

• Upvote 1