Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi: I'm proud my WMD lies led to war in Iraq

tcjams

– 34 mins ago

LONDON – An Iraqi man whose testimony the United States used as a key evidence to build a case for war in Iraq says he is proud that he lied about his country developing mobile biological warfare labs.

The Guardian newspaper published an interview Wednesday with Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi, who has been identified as the informer called "Curveball," whose claims about weapon labs formed part of then-U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell's speech to the U.N. Security Council in 2003, shortly before the war began.

The Guardian quoted al-Janabi as saying: "I had the chance to fabricate something to topple the regime. I and my sons are proud of that."

Although some intelligence agents were skeptical of Curveball's story, the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee reported in 2004 that the Central Intelligence Agency "withheld important information about Curveball's reliability" from analysts dealing with the case.

The Guardian interviewed al-Janabi in Karlsruhe, Germany in a mixture of Arabic and German. The U.S. Senate panel's report said Curveball spoke in English and Arabic when he was interrogated by intelligence officers.

Asked about his feeling's about the deaths and destruction during the war and in the years following, The Guardian said al-Janabi said there was no other way.

"I tell you something when I hear anybody not just in Iraq but in any war (is) killed, I am very sad. But give me another solution. Can you give me another solution?" the newspaper quoted him as saying.

"Saddam did not (allow) freedom in our land," the Iraqi said. "There are no other political parties. You have to believe what Saddam says, and do what Saddam wants. And I don't accept that. I have to do something for my country. So I did this and I am satisfied, because there is no dictator in Iraq any more."

LINK B)

• Upvote 4

While he may have had good intentions for his people and his country, he used us to do what he and other Iraqis should have done. Fight back! I'm not saying our leaders aren't just as responsible for our actions but he used us, ultimately costing the lives of our soldiers and innocent Iraqis. While I ultimately hold Saddam responsible for not stepping down and doing what is right for his people... I would now say that if it was okay to contribute to use our country to do the work the Iraqi men werent willing to do, then they should pay for their freedom, as we were mercenaries doing thier dirty work! Comming from one Marine that spent 2 years there and was almost killed at least a dozen times and watched my fellow Marines die for their freedom!

• Upvote 5

While this may seem insensitive.... If they don't like it, lets make it a parking lot! Im sure a middle east Disney World would boost our economy, and we can turn it into one big gas station! We wont have to wait a year to make any decisions about our plans either! Obviously this really pisses me off, he should be put in jail for the rest of his life.

Thats sacrifice for your people, otherwise he should have picked up a gun and marched on Baghdad right along side of our forces!

We were already looking to go into Iraq because of reasons like THIS and those in power (still in power...the people we don't see...) needed a political means for their puppets (politicians) to show to the masses so they can carry out their agenda while half of us in the states waste away watching american gladiator or some cr@p television show like the real world......

you are free to do as we tell you....

So along comes this disenchanted Iraqi and because of the timing, they decide to make him a star...Make no mistake he did not FOOL anyone....He doesn't deserve that kind of credit...

Think about how many people in so many other countries with terrible dictators try to approach the U.S. just to find that we don't care. I mean some of these countries practice genocide!! YEAAHHH.....WE DONT CARE!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those countries have nothing to offer by way of wealth or power and or we happen to be in good standing with the leader so again we don't care!!

War makes money and leads to more power!!

No money to be made, no power to be gained??? why go to war?

If there IS money/power to be had, you can put whatever political face on it, it doesn't matter...sell it sell it and that's what this Iraqi was....a sales prop! :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 3

While yes I would agree that we were looking for a reason to go in there, it was because of Saddam. How many UN santions can be put on a country that is ruled by a dictator,that defied the world, his own, people, attacked his neighbor and his own people, before someone does something about it? Personnally we should have gone all the way to Baghdad during Desert Storm. It was more justifiable back then. As for why us? Easy because the UN has no teeth, without the US, its all empty threats with the UN. Now look at the dictator in Iran. They should be next and it should have happened already. As for saving money, to hell with sending all of our money to other countries, half of which dont like us and funnel it to terrorists anyways. If they dont want our help and they want to be ruled by men with Osama Bin Ladens mentaility, then f'em...level the country. It wont cost us but one or two nuclear weapons. While yes its inhuman to use such weapons....why were they invented if we dont plan to use them? What, do we wait until every country has one and uses it as a deterent? lol Get real! There's no point in being diplomatic with an enemy intent on destroying the world at all costs unless he's in charge. You save who you can and destroy the rest until peace is achieved. There's no point in being a technological leader if you dont use the tools you've created. If we leveled Pakistan like we did Japan, I bet this war would stop really fast. If your going to send a message, then send it! Dont play games! The country that wins the war dictates the rules, not the loser! We have that same issue here in the US. Since when does the minority dictate the outcome of what the majority wants?

If we had a conventional war here inside the United States, our people couldnt stand to fathom what it takes to win wars. While it may be cruel...but war isnt meant to be pretty! The longer we wait, hoping these threats just go away, the stronger they become and the more difficult it will be on everyone in the end.

Our current generation hasn't gone through World War II or Pearl Harbor, they dont understand! Only those of us that has even gone through Iraq or Afghanistian will even have a clue about what wars like. Our generation is all about Starbucks, IPODS, and whos got the nicest car. We act like it was so long ago, that that stuff wont ever happen. How soon we forget!

We are destroying our country economically from within, engaging in this three block war mentality in other countries.

Edited by roger01
  • Upvote 1

Is he lying now or then. The Iraqi government claimed WMD to the UN in 2009; so there was some WMD's, the rest were destroyed or sent to Syria.

Iraq became a member state of the Chemical Weapons Convention in 2009, declaring "two bunkers with filled and unfilled chemical weapons munitions, some precursors, as well as five former chemical weapons production facilities" according to OPCW Director General Rogelio Pfirter.[115] No plans were announced at that time for the destruction of the material, although it was noted that the bunkers were damaged in the 2003 war and even inspection of the site must be carefully planned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction#2009_Declaration

The discovery of the weapons in Syria could alter the American political debate on the Iraq war. And even the accusations that they are there could step up international pressure on the government in Damascus. That government, led by Bashar Assad, is already facing a U.N. investigation over its alleged role in the assassination of a former prime minister of Lebanon. The Bush administration has criticized Syria for its support of terrorism and its failure to cooperate with the U.N. investigation.

The State Department recently granted visas for self-proclaimed opponents of Mr. Assad to attend a "Syrian National Council" meeting in Washington scheduled for this weekend, even though the attendees include communists, Baathists, and members of the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood group to the exclusion of other, more mainstream groups.

Mr. Sada, 65, told the Sun that the pilots of the two airliners that transported the weapons of mass destruction to Syria from Iraq approached him in the middle of 2004, after Saddam was captured by American troops.

"I know them very well. They are very good friends of mine. We trust each other. We are friends as pilots," Mr. Sada said of the two pilots. He declined to disclose their names, saying they are concerned for their safety. But he said they are now employed by other airlines outside Iraq.

The pilots told Mr. Sada that two Iraqi Airways Boeings were converted to cargo planes by removing the seats, Mr. Sada said. Then Special Republican Guard brigades loaded materials onto the planes, he said, including "yellow barrels with skull and crossbones on each barrel." The pilots said there was also a ground convoy of trucks.

The flights - 56 in total, Mr. Sada said - attracted little notice because they were thought to be civilian flights providing relief from Iraq to Syria, which had suffered a flood after a dam collapse in June of 2002.

"Saddam realized, this time, the Americans are coming," Mr. Sada said. "They handed over the weapons of mass destruction to the Syrians."

Mr. Sada said that the Iraqi official responsible for transferring the weapons was a cousin of Saddam Hussein named Ali Hussein al-Majid, known as "Chemical Ali." The Syrian official responsible for receiving them was a cousin of Bashar Assad who is known variously as General Abu Ali, Abu Himma, or Zulhimawe.

Short of discovering the weapons in Syria, those seeking to validate Mr. Sada's claim independently will face difficulty. His book contains a foreword by a retired U.S. Air Force colonel, David Eberly, who was a prisoner of war in Iraq during the first Gulf War and who vouches for Mr. Sada, who once held him captive, as "an honest and honorable man."

In his visit to the Sun yesterday, Mr. Sada was accompanied by Terry Law, the president of a Tulsa, Oklahoma based Christian humanitarian organization called World Compassion. Mr. Law said he has known Mr. Sada since 2002, lived in his house in Iraq and had Mr. Sada as a guest in his home in America. "Do I believe this man? Yes," Mr. Law said. "It's been solid down the line and everything checked out."

http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-wmd-secreted-in-syria-sada-says/26514/

• Upvote 1

Please, don't anyone tell this to Obama, Kerry, and their Democratic cohorts that love to bash Bush and Chaney for war-mongering. They'll have to find another excuse for blaming Bush for the war and just about everything else that happened in Iraq......and continues to happen. After all, didn't Bush and Chaney invade Iraq to grab the oil fields (awful oil men that they are)? What?, the Chinese control 60 to 70% of the current Iraqi oil field contracts? How can that be if we grabbed them? Hmmm, must be bad intel. Ok, ok, but Bush did say "mission accomplished" and....what, so did Obama. Never mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL, just like they voted for the war, then they didnt!

While some may think my comments on the subject are harsh, or more complicated than that...I put my life on the line actually in combat, so I guess I too voted for it, but haven't retracted my vote! What a warmonger I am! Don't worry I'll carry your share. Heed my warning, we will lose even more if we dont look at this war for what it is!

I personally know several special ops commandos that had missions in Iraq prior to us going in. They have ZERO doubts that he had WMD. These guys are the top of the top and report EXACTLY what they see...then let the chain of command decide what to do. I personally believed they moved the WMD into Syria...but that's me talking..

I do take issues with this informer. While I sympathize with his reasons. Like others here, I don't like the fact that he gave faulty evidence to support his view. But, you know what these guys are when you hire them. A snake is a snake. And in that part of the world, this is what we have to result to, to be our eyes on the ground. You have to play the hand that you are dealt.

That's my :twocents:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

We were already looking to go into Iraq because of reasons like THIS and those in power (still in power...the people we don't see...) needed a political means for their puppets (politicians) to show to the masses so they can carry out their agenda while half of us in the states waste away watching american gladiator or some cr@p television show like the real world......

you are free to do as we tell you....

So along comes this disenchanted Iraqi and because of the timing, they decide to make him a star...Make no mistake he did not FOOL anyone....He doesn't deserve that kind of credit...

Think about how many people in so many other countries with terrible dictators try to approach the U.S. just to find that we don't care. I mean some of these countries practice genocide!! YEAAHHH.....WE DONT CARE!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those countries have nothing to offer by way of wealth or power and or we happen to be in good standing with the leader so again we don't care!!

War makes money and leads to more power!!

No money to be made, no power to be gained??? why go to war?

If there IS money/power to be had, you can put whatever political face on it, it doesn't matter...sell it sell it and that's what this Iraqi was....a sales prop! :lol: :lol:

Great post. Anybody with a brain knows all the ME wars have been sales jobs for the American Empire. If you haven't figured this out yet, I'm surprised you're even on this site. War is the biggest business in the world - finances second - here we are in the finance department, hopefully cashing in on all fiat money schemes that accompany war. Oh well, don't get me started.

If anyone paid attention it said mobile biological labs!!! Nothing about missles? There where bio and chemical missles that where moved to Syria with full US knowledge. So that is my take when we read these slanted articles from the media you have to pay attention to everything!