Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

dinar at BOA confirmed

sevenD

Take this as you wish, I have never written a post on any dinar site about anything. I've read a lot of rumours too and they are getting to be quite annoying. With that said I I decided to call around some banks myself and find out for myself rather then read all these rumours of the RV happening tomorrow!!!!! I called BOA on tuesday and asked to speak to customer service. After getting transferred I asked about the dinar, weather they are dealing with it and what the exchange rate it. Now I made it very clear that I was talking about the IRAQ DINAR and after being put on hold for a short while the lady very confidently said "yes we are dealing with it and the exchange rate is 0.3014 to the US dollar". Like anyone i thought i misheard her and asked the exact same question again and once again she repeated "0.3014" I had to sit down at this point and started shaking a bit from trying to process this info. I then asked her again..."are you sure this is the IQD your looking at" to which she responded to with "yes".Then i asked her once again just cause I thought i was mishearing something. She responds the final time with "if you have 12 US dollars you have approximately 4 dinar. At this point my mind blew up i was almost hyperventilating! After she told me the last thing I asked her again "are you sure this is the IRAQ DINAR were talking about?" and as soon as I finished the question the call "failed". I have no idea why it did, I was sitting in my room so its not like I got a dropped call. In fact I cant remember the last time I ever had a dropped call on this phone so I cant explain why it would have ended like that. I immediately tried calling back to get on the line with the same lady but I couldn't, the second time I got through I was talking to someone who I believe was cassandra ( i know someone posted about a cassandra at a salem branch on another site last week, this was the same branch, that post was the original reason that i called) and she told me that BOA doesn't deal with the IQD but she has heard rumours that they might be in early Feb (not directly from the bank just overall has heard of em, i asked) and that was all she could tell me.

After getting off the phone with her I realized i should have recorded my convos!! So I called back and got another lady at BOA and as soon as I brought up the IQD, as if reading a script she said that BOA isn't dealing with it or planning to anytime in the future etc etc etc. I told her that I was just speaking to someone from their bank 10 mins earlier and they told me otherwise and she said that it is impossible and that I probably misunderstood.

I dont know why the first person I got through at BOA told me this and then the call failed but not until I got confirmation 4times about the dinar and the rate. You may be thinking she's talking about the Kuwait dinar which I also thought but the kuwait dinars rate is 0.28 where is the number she gave me was 0.3014. There is no other currency with that value so I cant figure out where she got this number from??

Im on here just like all of you hoping for this to RV so I can become ridiculously rich so spreading false bull is just stupid and I have no interest in doing so. Just felt like I absolutely needed to share this. Ive called BOA branches all across the country since then hoping to get someone else to confirm this for me but all Im getting is the same speech that I got from the lady the 3rd time I called, completely denying it and one guy told me that I wasn't talking to a BOA customer service rep the first time and I was probably wrong

Like I already said take this as you wish, I have no interest in getting false hopes up since I've had mine up too many times.

PS. I called the same branch I called 2nd time I called BOA (when the lady by the name of cassandra told me about possibly dealing with IQD in Feb) and the man I spoke to (and I have this all recorded BTW) tells me that there is no and never has been a CAssandra working there and that I have been mislead. He also said that it is illegal for any bank in the US to trade the IQD and that there is absolutely no plan of trading it anytime soon.

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 10

Looks like a few characters in this fiction are high on drugs....Apparently it's powerful stuff too..........

no fiction here just telling my experience as exact as i can

the only thing that puzzles me more then anything is why the hell did the phone cut off like it did?? does anyone know if those calls are recorded at BOA? Im wondering if someone heard her telling me this and cut it off...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

the only thing that puzzles me more then anything is why the hell did the phone cut off like it did?? does anyone know if those calls are recorded at BOA? Im wondering if someone heard her telling me this and cut it off...

I don't have any reason not to believe you and infact I do. Taking for granted you state the Truth, then it is a Fiction ( and a creative one at that) with stoned characters in it like when somebody tells you it's a done thing at about 3 bucks per Dinar and then they tell you lots of other more or less crazy stuff, the Best one being "it's illegal for any US Bank to trade IQD".....I mean, seriously.......

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 3

sevenD, assuming your account is true.

I would be careful about sharing the fact that you recorded the calls, unless you are sure about your States law.

If your State needs their consent, then you are looking at federal charges for recording them.

It is an easy search online to find out, here is a link for wikipedia and should give you an idea on where to search further.

Telephone recording laws

I just don't want you, or others finding themselves in hot water trying to help solve this huge mystery..lol

Edited by iamlizzyb
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

sevenD, assuming your account is true.

I would be careful about sharing the fact that you recorded the calls, unless you are sure about your States law.

If your State needs their consent, then you are looking at federal charges for recording them.

It is an easy search online to find out, here is a link for wikipedia and should give you an idea on where to search further.

Telephone recording laws

I just don't want you, or others finding themselves in hot water trying to help solve this huge mystery..lol

Just to clarify, he didn't say that he DID record the calls. He thought that he should have! No worries, GO RV!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm shaking and hyperventilating too!...........from the biggest gut laugh I've had in a while lmfao. Are you serious?! Don't get mad I'm just posting my experience and no I don't have a link. But my friend's brothers friend said I did indeed laugh and I've known him for many years and I trust him. So I must have surely busted my gut laughing. I wish I would have video taped it, next time I will. :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

A lot of businesses and institutuions, banks among them, will recored calls for accuracy and customer service purposes, and in most places must say that on the recording you get before the "press one for english" starts.

The recording is rarely listened to as it is happening, but is used to back up what someone did or did not say; used for training purposes, and listened to after the fact.

What CAN happen, and I know this from my part timer days working on a switchboard taking service calls, before the days of call centres, yes, I did warn you before I am ancient, well, anyway, from that time till now I have worked at and been involved in a lot of telephone work. What can happen, and DOES happen, is that someone, usually the person giving out customer service information, will hand up. Disconnect the call. Why? First of all if they are being hasseled, before the days they recorded things for back up, if someone got really frustrated on the job it was better to just hang up and let the poor caller try again and hopefully get someone else. Next, the case of caller being rude and abusive. Again, before recordings would back that kind of thing up to go after the caller later, operators would hand up. Now, if you were the operator, and being questioned by a caller about something that he kept insisting on you repeating the information, and if you got suspicious about why he kept asking even when you insisted you had given the right answer, if also you happened to look at your information screen and suddenly see some notation you didnl't notice before about not giving out this particular information, it being for internal only ... what do you think you would do. Me? I'd hang up. Disconnect the call. Disappear off the grid and off the call board for at least a coffee break and let someone else take the return call. if I felt it necessary I would report to my supervisor while I was on the way to the coffee room so they could handle any flak.

That's just my look at this and based on previous experience that may or may not be relevant.

smee2

• Upvote 4

Just to clarify, he didn't say that he DID record the calls. He thought that he should have! No worries, GO RV!

........er yes he did.... "PS. I called the same branch I called 2nd time I called BOA (when the lady by the name of cassandra told me about possibly dealing with IQD in Feb) and the man I spoke to (and I have this all recorded BTW) tells me that there is no and never has been a CAssandra working there and that I have been mislead. He also said that it is illegal for any bank in the US to trade the IQD and that there is absolutely no plan of trading it anytime soon.

Read more:

• Upvote 1

Well, with all of your new found wealth, I would invest in a new phone and a new carrier........................

I for one believe your story. I'm just not sure the person you talked to knew what they were talking about. I don't believe anyone at any bank knows the rate at this point, especially to give you a rate that specific. Something smells funny about that. I do hope this turns out to be correct, though, so I gave you a plus 1.

• Upvote 2

This story sounds a little fishy to me..I should have recorded. Then I have this all recorded.. hmmmm.. And a bank man telling you that a legal tender currency that you can get at several US banks is Illegal. I think if I posted this story I would be hiding under the table right about now... JMO

A lot of businesses and institutuions, banks among them, will recored calls for accuracy and customer service purposes, and in most places must say that on the recording you get before the "press one for english" starts.

The recording is rarely listened to as it is happening, but is used to back up what someone did or did not say; used for training purposes, and listened to after the fact.

What CAN happen, and I know this from my part timer days working on a switchboard taking service calls, before the days of call centres, yes, I did warn you before I am ancient, well, anyway, from that time till now I have worked at and been involved in a lot of telephone work. What can happen, and DOES happen, is that someone, usually the person giving out customer service information, will hand up. Disconnect the call. Why? First of all if they are being hasseled, before the days they recorded things for back up, if someone got really frustrated on the job it was better to just hang up and let the poor caller try again and hopefully get someone else. Next, the case of caller being rude and abusive. Again, before recordings would back that kind of thing up to go after the caller later, operators would hand up. Now, if you were the operator, and being questioned by a caller about something that he kept insisting on you repeating the information, and if you got suspicious about why he kept asking even when you insisted you had given the right answer, if also you happened to look at your information screen and suddenly see some notation you didnl't notice before about not giving out this particular information, it being for internal only ... what do you think you would do. Me? I'd hang up. Disconnect the call. Disappear off the grid and off the call board for at least a coffee break and let someone else take the return call. if I felt it necessary I would report to my supervisor while I was on the way to the coffee room so they could handle any flak.

That's just my look at this and based on previous experience that may or may not be relevant.

smee2

Well said smee. I like your insight, with a slight sense of comic relief.