Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Should I cash out in Dollars or Gold

Metrious

Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I tried to find a topic that dealt with this, but I am blind or it isn't there.

But concerning the weakening of the US Dollar vs other currencies., to cash in our Dinars for US Dollars is that the smartest thing to do? Or should I convert much of it or even all of it to gold or another precious metal?

With that... is there any truth to the Gold Bubble and what form of Gold cannot be "repatriotized"?

thanks for any help. I appreciate it.

Gold and Silver, physical assets......can't help but wonder.....

With all the global economic crisis, conspiracy theories, US debt, global currency agendas etc. etc. etc.

it would be a shame for everyone to rush and cash in their dinar, only to have the US dollar tank shortly thereafter!

If that were in the cards, it wouldn't matter what the rate was, it would be an opportunity for the US to "buy" billions of Dinar in exchange for worthless US dollars. We have heard here many times that the US will be holding the dinar that are exchanged with US banks.....

Just a wonder?!?!

A million dollar bank transfer is 0.0 pounds.

A million dollars worth of gold is 53 pounds.

A million dollars worth of silver is 2500 pounds.

That's why central banks prefer to store gold.

Can you imagine how large Fort Knox's vault would have to be if they were storing silver?

Not quite omaha. The banks use to hold just as much silver ( this is when we had the " silver standard") as they did gold. Link

Read the whole chapter about silver.. Here is some:

In 1857 the final crisis of the free banking era of international finance began, as American banks suspended payment in silver, rippling through the very young international financial system of central banks

Edited by aliveandcare
  • Upvote 1

Im just trying to think logically here,

but if this Rvs at a smaller rate, lets say(0.35 cents) I bet you a ton of people cash out their stockpile of IQD for USD and take what they can get.

the US will then hang onto the IQD we cashed in and when it goes higher, lets say (2-3 bucks) they will make a HUGE profit on those dinars.......not to mention all the tax money we will have to pay,

plus the US apparently has a crapload of IQD themselves.....so if this revalues, the US will stand to make a ton of money and therefore be able to shave a lot of out national debt, which in turn would strengthen the USD not making it weaker. Anyone else agree?

• Upvote 2

If we do go back to the gold standard ,Gold could be risky The Gold Confiscation act Of April 5, 1933 . Devirsification is best idea , and as far as USD position cash out to buy low , it will appreciate as a treasury note, Buy low sell High :) MO

Gold WILL be risky. I see them going another route. Back it by some other REE ( rare earth element), or do a unified north american currency

Im just trying to think logically here,

but if this Rvs at a smaller rate, lets say(0.35 cents) I bet you a ton of people cash out their stockpile of IQD for USD and take what they can get.

the US will then hang onto the IQD we cashed in and when it goes higher, lets say (2-3 bucks) they will make a HUGE profit on those dinars.......not to mention all the tax money we will have to pay,

plus the US apparently has a crapload of IQD themselves.....so if this revalues, the US will stand to make a ton of money and therefore be able to shave a lot of out national debt, which in turn would strengthen the USD not making it weaker. Anyone else agree?

actually I 125% disagree. Where is the money going to come from? They have to print it. By printing more money to pay themselves for the increased value of the dinar, it will drive the value of the dollar way down. Especially if they plan on printing 14 trillion dollars. Even if they just printed 1 trillion dollars to cover the a portion of the deficit, we would be screwed. It will DESTROY the dollar.

Edited by aliveandcare
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am new to the whole dinar thing. I just recently purchased a little over 200,000.00. Most of these came from Dinar trade, but I did get some from ebay. Is that o.k? They all appear to have the security features that I have seen on the internet. Also, when the RV occurs, will the banks charge a lot of money to exchange them?

Thanks,

Newbie to the game...

I am new to the whole dinar thing. I just recently purchased a little over 200,000.00. Most of these came from Dinar trade, but I did get some from ebay. Is that o.k? They all appear to have the security features that I have seen on the internet. Also, when the RV occurs, will the banks charge a lot of money to exchange them?

Thanks,

Newbie to the game...

Welcome to the "game", as you say. Good luck in all you do here and elsewhere.

Just a word to the wise, keep amounts OUT of your posts, for your own safety. Doesn't matter if you are talking documents, dollars or other items that can be traced by some enterprising individual to you are and where you are.

I have not bought any from ebay, though I have seen actual pictures, and they look no different that what I have. I would have the same concern about buying anything else on ebay - paying first and getting your products later.

Good luck, and happy dinaring!

• Upvote 3

If this RV happens the way we all hope it will happen I think the price of silver and gold will go down, I am gonna cash out and deposit cash and wait to see what happens with it. If they go down then I will invest in both, its to high right now in my opinion to buy either, but I have never invested before in my life until the dinar

Gold and Silver, physical assets......can't help but wonder.....

With all the global economic crisis, conspiracy theories, US debt, global currency agendas etc. etc. etc.

it would be a shame for everyone to rush and cash in their dinar, only to have the US dollar tank shortly thereafter!

If that were in the cards, it wouldn't matter what the rate was, it would be an opportunity for the US to "buy" billions of Dinar in exchange for worthless US dollars. We have heard here many times that the US will be holding the dinar that are exchanged with US banks.....

Just a wonder?!?!

that scenerio you just mention may very well be the end game plan! If the dollar tanks before rv. We that has lots of it or ok still. But however if the dollar tanks shortley afterwards its going to decrease or destroy alot of new found wealth. Please get some Gold and silver, and you might also look into the israeli shekels, Israels economy is very strong. thats just another currencey to have to hedge aganist the fallling dollar.

Welcome to the "game", as you say. Good luck in all you do here and elsewhere.

Just a word to the wise, keep amounts OUT of your posts, for your own safety. Doesn't matter if you are talking documents, dollars or other items that can be traced by some enterprising individual to you are and where you are.

I have not bought any from ebay, though I have seen actual pictures, and they look no different that what I have. I would have the same concern about buying anything else on ebay - paying first and getting your products later.

Good luck, and happy dinaring!

Agreed. Glad you are onboard, but never disclose how much, or little dinar you have. Heck, even my wife doesn't know.

Personally I think it is best to diversify right out of the gate..

I am old enough that for me I may just take the cash and build my hideaway and become a mountainside/lakefront recluse.

But if I were still worried about many years, family future, investments down the line, I'd take a little of everything worthwhile: cash, gold, silver, paladium, real estate and natural resources equity fund. I mention this last becasue I have a lump of money invested there and just got my end of year statement. In four months I earned almost twelve percent on that one. I think that is not bad at all.

So, that's my opinion.

smee2

If this RV happens the way we all hope it will happen I think the price of silver and gold will go down, I am gonna cash out and deposit cash and wait to see what happens with it. If they go down then I will invest in both, its to high right now in my opinion to buy either, but I have never invested before in my life until the dinar

[/quote

I have been investing in silver since 1999. It really is quite interesting - back then, silver was $4 an ounce, and the technologies were going crazy. Funny, EVERYONE thought I was an idiot to be buying silver then. There was a lot of emotional "hazing" for being a contrarian. Silver was in a trading channel from just under $4 to $5 and had been for some time. Since this was prior to the "tech wreck", when investors in technologies lost half of their portfolio. I guess they were not so smart after all?. Just remember, "the MARKET" is brutal!! There is risk in every investment. It almost always seemed that when I purchased silver, it dropped a dollar or so just after I bought. But you must accumulate it anyway.

For me, I "feel your pain" in the statement that silver is "too high", as I have purchased at $4,5,7,9,10,11 etc., BUT I CONTINUE TO BUY. When you wait to buy, there will be a time that you CANNOT BUY. Silver is VERY volatile. Just the accumulation of silver is difficult, and much of what I have purchased has taken YEARS to find what I really wanted. You cannot just find the best form out there from one dealer. It takes TIME AND PATIENCE. You always have to deal with the spreads, and they are VERY DISPARATE. I can remember I was at a coin show in Baltimore, with over 1000 dealers. I combed through every table - I was after silver eagles. I was patient, as the prices dealers were charging ranged from $18 per coin near the entrance of the show to the $14.50 that I eventually found at the back tables - I bought them there. This was on the same day, with the same spot price for everyone. You never know what the circumstances were that the dealer is faced with.

Warren Buffet decided to purchase over $100 million ounces in silver back then, and that act alone forced the price of silver up 25%. It is also rumored that he never got all that he ordered due to shortages in silver.

I'll make a statement here that you should research: SILVER IS RARER THAN GOLD! If you come to that same conclusion, you will load up on as much silver as you possibly can, while there is still time. Once that fact is more widely known, silver could skyrocket! Look at the National Inflation Association, Ted Butler, Investment Rarities to name a few. These sources will give you a wealth of knowledge in that vein.

Remember, fiat currencies NEVER LAST. 200 Years seems to be the tipping point. We are past that! The reason that gold and silver are moving now is because investors do not believe their government - though they say all is well, hyperinflation is coming! THE ONLY THING THAT CAN PROTECT YOU from government paper promises is tangible assets. I recommend silver, gold (platinum group metals) and even copper, if you are poor. Start pulling out all your copper pennies. They are copper prior to 1983, and are worth more than 2x the face value.(2 cents). However, they could be worth more in dire times.

Yes, the government could confiscate gold again, but they could also do lots of other bad things, and probably will. It is not possible IMO to confiscate silver, as there is not enough to make a dent in ANYTHING. The market is so small - it is PERFECT FOR YOU AND OTHER DINAR HOLDERS TO INVEST IN.

I can assure you - silver will NOT go down in value when MORE PEOPLE ARE BUYING!!!! Get some now, get more now, get more tomorrow, and GET LOTS WHEN RV HITS!!!!!

Another thing that anyone can do (if they have patience) is to buy a box of pennies (make sure they are not new) - pull out all the copper. You should get about 20% copper(1982 and before). There will be 3-9 wheat cents (worth 750% more than face value). If you can spare some cash ($500-1000), you can get dimes, look for silver dimes. I have found up to 8 silver dimes in 4 boxes of dimes ($1000 face value). You get all your money back, as you turn it back in to the bank, but you end up paying 10 cents for something that is worth 15-18 times that ($1.50-1.80 per dime), which is a 1,700% return THAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW. I have accumulated 220 dimes in this manner in the last 10 months! My cost: time, $2.20 - my return: $22 * 18=$396

THAT WOULD PAY FOR YOUR SEYCHELLES RESERVE COST!!

GOOD LUCK!

• Upvote 1

Hardmoney, what a logical well-thought out post. Thanks, and I agree whole-heartedly.

As a side note, the demand for gold these last couple of years has also exceeded what has been pulled out of the ground. And regardless of whatever the short term impact of the RV on gold prices, it will not change the fact that demand for gold will continue to exceed what is being mined in the future. China and India are buying hundreds of tons of gold each year to back a higher percentage of their currency, just like the US does. Because even though our currency is fiat, we still have more than half of it backed in gold.

Another note, the dollar IS going down in purchasing power, no matter what anyone tells you. It has ever since the Fed was established in 1917. Even Bernenke saying that inflation is not an issue is a bald-faced lie and he knows it. The only reason that the government figures don't show inflation rising now is that they took food and gasoline out of the calculations a couple of years ago. Inflation is terrible right now, and will get a lot worse as they continue to print more money.

Also, please don't keep a lot of wealth sitting in US dollars. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, China, are all much more stable currencies than ours and should be for a long time to come. :)

Alive and Care and Hard Money --

You are scary informed.

I thought only a few of us knew these things.

I do have a question.

Let's assume we all have the problem

of having to cash in big at RV time.

I would love go into silver and dysprosium

at RV time.

I was wondering if you all know how I can convert

IQD to these directly .

Thanks for your input.

j