Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Rumor

spy

As the parent of a military active serviceman, I will tell you that they are taught to serve at all cost. They take their job a whole lot more seriously than you or I do. If those men or women do choose to walk away, they will regret it and they learn that before they ever get out of boot camp.

uh ... they have this little thing called a court martial? I don't care how much money you have, would you trade that in for years in Levenworth?

IF this rumor has any percentile of truth to it, surely there would be a memo someone could copy, some sort of verification, etc. Again ....... NO RUMORS have ever been true or proven to be true.

I know this is a rumor site and they're fun to read and get everyone all excited, but mroe than likely it came from a pumper. There is enough good news ... REAL, DOCUMENTABLE NEWS that tells us we're less than 5 months out. Go RV!

He played Herman on "The Munsters".

That was Fred Gwynn.

uh ... they have this little thing called a court martial? I don't care how much money you have, would you trade that in for years in (((((((((((Levenworth?)))))))))<=== Not a good place... Where they smash big rocks into little ones.... Plus, we have a country that will come after you any place in the world for unpaid taxes! Yeah, I've got Seal buddies that contract (Halliburton for one) for (mad) money over there through the various contractors per year for big bucks. In the past they continued to re-contract for fear of the money drying up. I know they also have accounts over there to avoid complications, but told me in the past they keep their investment minimal for fear of uncertainty in local currency. I know of late, they have also been utilizing state side money brokers to buy their dinar. Don't know what their thoughts are on everything, but when I've asked over the past couple of weeks what they think, all they have to say is it will be something more than what it currently is and that it looks as if it should happen soon. I don't see our guys going awal. I see it making there discharge date as sweet as one could ever be. B)

If they make the men who fought for Iraqi freedom turn in their Dinar it's just wrong! They deserve to gain from the sacrifices they have made!

Should police officers make a profit off the sale of confiscated items from raids? Serious question, how do you feel about that practise?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Should police officers make a profit off the sale of confiscated items from raids? Serious question, how do you feel about that practise?

You are comparing apples and oranges here my friend. A military personnel exchanging legal tender like you and me and a police profiting off contraband are two different concepts.

• Upvote 2

It doesn't make sense to me to have the soldiers turn in their dinar...what rate will they be turning them in at? I am getting that sinking feeling and our soldiers are getting the brunt of it. Sounds more like a punishment than something good. Good luck over in Iraq boys and girls, we are all praying for you. Hope this is a good year for all of us.

IMHO,

there are a few things that stick out to me as glarring omissions of common sense. Most of you have touched on them but I think that we should allow the military to do what it needs to do. Regardless of how we feel about it, there are rules in place that govern service member's conduct and or/discharge eligibilites. I don't think that it would be worth compromising one's future based on something that is not a guarentee. There are ways for soldiers to acquire currency as private citizens, irronically JUST like a private citizen would. No sense in "risking it all" just because. When the RV hits and the soldier decides to leave the military, they would simply request for a discharge. Whether or not it is granted is up to the command but the soldier needs to continue to follow the rules. The military tends to look at people who have served honorably yet want to leave a bit differently. Some commands are rather blatant while others are more subtle, if not even subconscious, about it. This "scrutiny", or 'being on the radar', can make life pretty uncomfortable if the soldier's perfomrance drops below par. I strongly recommend that soldiers learn the rules, know the rules and most certainly follow them. I have a great respect and appreciation for our service members and think that they should be rewarded for their service. You started "honorably", please do finish "honorably". Just my :twocents:

Do you think they will get rid of the 25k bills? Thats all I have. So annoyed to hear that.

That is all I have to. It is still valid money so technically what I am hearing we still can trade it in, but they will discontinue it/replace it with lower denominations. Does that make sense?? :)

If this mystical memo does exist… how come no one in Iraq has heard of it? ....besides it would contradict the executive order allowing the investment.

Although it has ALWAYS been against the rules to take it out of the country I haven’t heard of anyone having to turn it in.

Just sayin… Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.

I just talked with my sister who is married to a man with the DOD. They are very sure an RV will be amongst the agenda in the next parliament meeting. Let's hope they are right. He does not give out information freely, so for right now, all I can say is that it is a rumor. Happy day to all.

• Upvote 1

I agree...they must follow the rules, but those armour plated vests are good and plenty enough room between the plates for some dinars!!!!

While I can neither confirm nor deny said allegations :huh: I will say that it's possible... :unsure: However, one would have to ask if the risk is worth the reward?