Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tired of Mexico.

BANE

I am considering Oklahoma City. My wife and I would like to move to the U.S. after the RV. Where is the cheapest city to live? We do not like winters and we would like to find a place that is affordable where I can get a house with a yard for a dog. I have always wanted a dog. Where will our dollar stretch the farthest?

• Upvote 1

I am considering Oklahoma City. My wife and I would like to move to the U.S. after the RV. Where is the cheapest city to live? We do not like winters and we would like to find a place that is affordable where I can get a house with a yard for a dog. I have always wanted a dog. Where will our dollar stretch the farthest?

Definitely not California

• Upvote 1

i would suggest Iowa--good people--miles and miles of cornfields--nice and green--good prices on land

• Upvote 1

Oklahoma City not so bad, But Try the Tulsa area, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Owasso. Metro Area's here around tulsa. Lots of nice houses for cheap. NEW HOUSES too. Great Schools. Ect. My father was a 1stSgt in the Marine Corp. I have moved all my life! This is home to me. I will never move again. Reguardless of how much money I have :) hope this helps man!

• Upvote 1

:rolleyes: You might want to look into southwest Oklahoma, around the Lawton area. Real estate is relatively cheap. You are 80 miles southwest of Ok city and just 35 miles north of the Red River. We have four full seasons. We are warmer than OKC but we do have a winter. It's a beautiful semiarid country with lots of nice people. The Wichita Mountain wildlife refuge has thousands of acres with buffalo, texas longhorn, deer, wild turkey, wild boar, & elk running freely all around. If you don't like that part, Lawton is a community of about 90,000 people adjacent to Ft Sill, Okla., the artillary center of the Army. We literally have people from all over the world here, and taxes and cost of living is relatively low. I have a good buddy in Indiana whose last name is Bane, any relation? Gary

Orlando, Florida is a good place. We very rarely get cold weather...although we have a few cold days in the winter and the housing market is really down right now. $300K houses are in the mid to high $100k right now. Plus lots to do and close to the beach (30 min) and only 4 hrs to Miami if you want to go to a large city.

• Downvote 1

I say move to Arizona.

Move to Arizona

May 30th: Just moved to Arizona. Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th: Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live

in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a

pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun

worshipper.

June 30th: Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today.

Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more

mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

July 10th: The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do

people get used to this kind of heat? At least its kind of windy

though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th: Fell asleep by the community pool. (Got 3rd degree burns

over 60% of my body). Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to

do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a

climate like this.

July 20th: I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the

upholstery. The car now smells like Kibbles and shits. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.

July 25th: The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed

to order parts.

July 30th: Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now. $225,000 house and I can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug. 4th: It's 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today.

It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 85. I hate this stupid state.

Aug. 8th: If another wise ass cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

Aug. 9th: Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my ass was on fire. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and ass. Now

my car smells like burnt hair, fried ass, and baked cat.

Aug 10th: The weather report might as well be a damn recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do **** for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn desert? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this damn heat.

Aug. 14th: Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the damn windshield of the car.

The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My sister had to spend $1500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Arizona. What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here??

Will write later to let you know how the trial goes."

• Upvote 6

I say move to Arizona.

Move to Arizona

May 30th: Just moved to Arizona. Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

worshipper.

climate like this.

July 20th: I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the

upholstery. The car now smells like Kibbles and shits. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.

July 25th: The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed

to order parts.

July 30th: Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now. $225,000 house and I can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

Aug. 8th: If another wise ass cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

Aug. 9th: Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my ass was on fire. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and ass. Now

Aug 10th: The weather report might as well be a damn recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do **** for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn desert? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this damn heat.

Aug. 14th: Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the damn windshield of the car.

The installer came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My sister had to spend $1500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Arizona. What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here??

Boy oh Boy! You are too funny!

• Upvote 2

New Mexico is a great state. Wonderful cities and great weather. Not to many people. Prices are good. Damn, I think I just talked myself into moving to NM!!!!!!! :blink:

• Upvote 1

Bane you asked for CHEAP and NO WINTERS and a HOUSE WITH A YARD FOR YOU DOG. Oklahoma City is affordable but not cheap and as for no winters, Ok City is not OK for you then. Yard for the dog, OK City has that but again not CHEAP

CHEAP: Okeechobee, Florida

NO WINTERS: Okeechobee, Florida ( and no hurricanes or bad storms)

YARD FOR YOUR DOG: Okeechobee, Florida (it has Land-O-Plenty my friend)

Hows $600 USD per ACRE?? I just purchased 20 Acres to build a hunting camp just on the other side of a blueberry farm.

I do not live there but it is only 1 1/2 hrs from me and the beach. Yep, for just a 1 1/2 hr drive from CHEAP, NO WINTERVILLE where your DOG CAN PLAY IN THE YARD, you can be sunning at a rather nice beach or in the ocean hooking a Marlin in the SailFish capitol of the world........

You say Florida is Expensive, yea if your a snowbird that does not know better, or you want to live on the beach.

Heck, just 9.6 miles (yep I GPS'd it) from the beach I bought 3 building lots READY TO BUILD a house. Now they are only 1/4 acre but so is the entire road and I only paid $4,500 EACH. That is is PALM BAY Florida

Bane, where ever you want to go just search realtor dot com and you can refine your search to homes, condos, vacant land, your price range, the city or area, bla, bla, bla.

Bane, question, what part of Mexico are you living in right now? and are you born in Mexico ? Just wondering as we go to Cancun quite often. Have some condos there on the Hotel Zona

How about Arizona; lots of land and drug lord activity.....almost like you never left! Good luck. Not sure about the dog.

• Downvote 2

Bane, Here is just one of many, Its a 6 year old home, 3 bedroom 2 bath on over 1 acre and they are ASKING $49,000 USD

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/21022-266th-Street_Okeechobee_FL_34972_M54613-91933

Cost of living is quite low there and also not state income tax

How about Arizona; lots of land and drug lord activity.....almost like you never left! Good luck. Not sure about the dog.

LOL

Hey Seavixon! thanks alot! I really like the okocheebee idea...I have heard though that Florida has hidden fees. Car tags are WAY expensive etc. Tell me more please! Sounds great so far. Not too far from major cities etc.

I am from Atlanta originally. I am just tired of not having my culture in Mexico. I miss English being spoken. Been here 4 years. It's enough.

• Upvote 1

Hey Seavixon! thanks alot! I really like the okocheebee idea...I have heard though that Florida has hidden fees. Car tags are WAY expensive etc. Tell me more please! Sounds great so far. Not too far from major cities etc.

I am from Atlanta originally. I am just tired of not having my culture in Mexico. I miss English being spoken. Been here 4 years. It's enough.

I live in Fla and I dont think its cheap to live here. Yeah no state tax, but you pay for it in other ways. JMO

I say move to Arizona.

Move to Arizona

worshipper.

climate like this.

to order parts.

:lol::lol: I TESTEFY TOWHAT THE MAN IS TALKING ABOUT HERE- i lived in Tucson for 3 yr,s - so hot there i seen a breed of dog who had no hair- hot-you can cook an egg on the hood of a car-at 11 o,clock in the morning-even the bugs walk cause it,s to hot to fly. :lol: -Vern