Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Article 40 approved by Parliament

jla956

I just received an email that contained the following chat conversation between two of our members:

mailboxmoney - could you please provide some more details regarding Article 40 along with how the government has now been directed to RV? What exactly did they say other than calling for Shabibi to take action? Thank goodness you were able to watch the English translation of this. I guess we now have to determine what exactly "immediate" means to the Iraqi government - is that tomorrow, this week, prior to January 1st, or what?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - a great find on your part!

Article 40

Article 40 [Responsibility, Vote of No Confidence]

(A) The Prime Minister and the ministers shall be responsible before the National Assembly, and this Assembly shall have the right to withdraw its confidence either in the Prime Minister or in the ministers collectively or individually. In the event that confidence in the Prime Minister is withdrawn, the entire Council of Ministers shall be dissolved, and Article 40 (B), below, shall become operative.

(B) In the event of a vote of no confidence with respect to the entire Council of Ministers, the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers shall remain in office to carry out their functions for a period not to exceed thirty days, until the formation of a new Council of Ministers, consistent with Article 38, above.

• Upvote 1

Hey All- lechsueurte is right! The article 40 is as follows:

Article 40:

The freedom of communication and correspondence, postal, telegraphic, electronic, and

telephonic, shall be guaranteed and may not be monitored, wiretapped, or disclosed

except for legal and security necessity and by a judicial decision.

No mention of revaluation. Can we get the truth here!!!! Everyone is on edge and emotional. We don't need B*ll Sh*t!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

After reading all the rumors about this and article 40, I checked my mail, for my brother is a dinarholic, and sure enough he sent me the same thing said he listened to the news link and Maliki was pushing for the revalue of Iraq currency......honestly I dont no what to believe, with all that has gone on recently nothing would surprise me......sure hope it true, and I will try and find more on this, :)

• Upvote 1

Here is article #40 of the new 2010 Constitution:

Article 40:

The freedom of communication and correspondence, postal, telegraphic, electronic, and

telephonic, shall be guaranteed and may not be monitored, wiretapped, or disclosed

except for legal and security necessity and by a judicial decision.

Nothing to do with RV.......bummer......

Here is link to my to source wish I was wrong:

http://www.ameraq.org/?page_id=157

The Parliament was presented with Maliki's platform this morning, which had a number of points. They approved all points. The 40th point apparently was "immediately reval of currency." It was not an Article from the Constitution, but from his platform.

• Upvote 1