Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Post RV your Life May Change!......................

detroitjazzman

I know based on my own assessment of this investment that my life could change as I know it. What I've been reflecting on is Will I Change? While Im not dependant on an a RV to keep paying my bills, I have to wonder if I as down to earth as I think I am. We've always lived a modest life when we could pay for more/better. I guess I listened to my dad about living beneath your means. However, I don't think dad had insight into the IQD revaluation when he gave me this info (dead 28 years). Should this investment unfold as we expect, we could end up with a lot more money then we ever dreamed. I use to tell my wife that vast sums of money couldn't be spent by one person, and then comes Jack Whittaker who spent close to $200,000,000. in less than 10 years. I don't know if I've convinced myself or I've assimilated to my fathers principles, I just hope that I continue to be the same person that I am!

Do you think that BIG MONEY will change you?

• Upvote 7

I have though these very same things....What I have done is taken a mindset of this only comes along once in a life time (twice if you hit it big with Kuwait). My plan is a 20 year modest plan. What every I make will be divided by 240 (20 x 12) and that is my monthly allowance. I based this off .50 so if it come in higher then I will have more to either spend or donate. There are so many people out there that will be broke in 5 years after they receive this money. Poor financial planning, taxes, over spending on cars, houses, boats, etc...... I wish that were not the case but it is a fact.....so many people have won large sums of money (lottery, lawsuits) and were broke in years......

Look at these crazy TV shows and the money these "new found" stars have made and they are filing bankruptcy now....what a shame.....well good luck to all.....Have a plan and stick to it.

Merry Christmas

• Upvote 1

I was told a long time ago, Money is simply an amplifier. If you are a good person, you will do more good. If you are an evil person, you will do more evil. If you are a drunk, you will upgrade your liquor. I really believe it is true. I know I'm not an evil person. I think I'm somewhere between the other two. ;)

• Upvote 4

I am going to give to the church, my friends, and my firedept.. plus pay taxes.. I won't upgrade my alcohol because you can't get any better than Michelob Golden Draft Light. I will buy a house in my son's school district and keep the house I have.. I will buy some toys like another Harley, an ATV, and a boat, a new truck and will also buy my son a vehicle,,, BUT that is only if it RV's high enough. Plus I want some left over for savings.. If it's not big enough than I will only have the savings and save for retirement...I don't think I will change much since I have always enjoyed life and I will keep on enjoying life, just with more toys.. :D

I doubt it will change me. I will squirrel away a good bit, give some to loved ones who won't squander it, and then what? I'm pretty happy with what I have, not being an extravagant person. I'm sure I'll still drive my car til the wheels fall off, take a few trips, but I don't think it will change my goals much. I'm thinking of this coming in at a modest rate. At a huge rate? Same thing... I refuse to get carried away with large amounts of money. Oh and another thing. I only told a few people about the investment and that's the best measure of security IMO.

The first thought that jusmped in my head was... no, I will still be the same a--hole. LOL.. But... besides getting a new truck, house, and travel through this wonderfull land we call home I will not change at all.

Well, be a little more generous to others because I can afford to now. But I have been the way I have been for a long time and I cannot see me changing.

McMike

Well I do believe that you will become more of what you already are.

If you are loving and giving. You will be more loving and giving.

For God loves and joyful heart when giving.

If you are selfish and self centered, you will be much of the same,

and unfortunately "then some".

I have always share whatever I had, for I know what it is like to struggle.

So when I have a family member who has nothing to eat, they come

to my house to go grocery shopping. And I don't mind at all

God always seems to give me a little extra when it is need and it comes in handy.

I know, as a child, if it wasnt for the generosity of others in our neighborhodd.

I shudder to think what we would of done. I know what it feels like, not to have.

But there is a reason I went thru all that I did. And many a times I did cry my self

to sleep and asked God why was he made at me. But that was the child in me

talking..........................Be he NEVER abandoned me. He was my SHIELD AND HOPE.

And FLOODED ME WTH HIS LOVE AND GRACE. I WILL ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL.

I will help many a people, friends, family members, strangers, and different charities

who are trying to make a difference in peoples lives. God has bless me with this

So I can do so............................for God truely knows your heart...............................

AND REMEMBER, WHEN MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

I will make my Heavenly Father PROUD.

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN AND AMEN!

dravmorris2

• Upvote 1

I think you are over-thinking this way too much. Remember, money is only freedom, nothing else. You will only change if you want to....not because it has to change you. Having said that, many people who have never had any money in their lives and suddenly get some, have difficulty handling it. Only you know if that is you.

My suggestion after RV is to do nothing major.....for a while....let it sink in and then put a well-thought out plan in place. Best of luck to you.

I didn't purchase much at all. NOT EVEN a mill. Don't have the $ because I run a non profit program for kids, teens & young adults LEADING THEM ON A CAREER ORIENTED PATH. Life skills, Career motivation etc....

WE just needed some equipment.

I put my students in movies & on movie sets for education, but we want to produce our own film for education,

confidence building, team work, completing a task, organization, and to contribute a positive message (our story) to make a difference. We are half way through production, scraped what I could from my husbands check (army)

I am excited for the RV, but it has nothing to do with how much money I will have, I don't have the $ to purchase for me, but I will be able to give some awsome kids & their families an opportunity & experience of a life time! smile.gif

GOAL: To be sitting with my students at their Hollywood premier one day, when they all say WOW WE DID THIS!

And they realize THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY SET THIER MINDS TO.

• Upvote 2

The true fact is that we will all change . It is up to each and every one of us to decide how we change . While most of us have plans on helping others ( and this is the best part of our humanity ,) my very wise Mother has always said ," charity begins at home ." That is the way I have always lived my life . There is nothing I wouldn't do for friends and family . I'm sure we all have family members who could use our help , so be sure to take care of you and yours as well.

Most of us have never had much money to speak of ( let alone more money than we've probably ever seen ... :lol: ) , but my plan ( should this become the investment we all hope it does ) is to never have to sweat paying my bills or living from paycheck to paycheck ever again.I never want to worry about how I'm going to pay for my daughters educations .

So , while it will change my life and my families, I'm going to make sure it's for the better .

Uncle Barkie :D

• Upvote 1

I lie awake thinking about that question, and my conclusion is that I really do not think "I" will change. I am just so excited about the things I would be able to DO, if it really happens!! The things I could accomplish, the difference I could make. Now, if that happens, and I am able to experience Those Things...... well, THAT would definitely change me!! Those type of experiences mold a person, build character.... add depth! Those thing would make me better! I have no plans for toys or parties..... just paying off some debt and then living a life that will one day allow me to reflect on my past with satisfaction. THAT is how I plan to change!!

I think that's a good question to reflect upon. As for me, I've made fortunes before (also lost fortunes) and it didn't change me or my family. Once the RV happens there are of course a few things I would do for me and my family with the extra money but all-in-all we are content with what we have and don't want or need much more. The one thing I would strongly recommend to everyone is to first get completely out of debt, cars, credit cards, house, everything paid off. We did that back in 2003 and have lived debt free ever since. It is an amazing thing to not be a slave to ANY lender ever again!! The freedom that comes with being debt free is undescribable, you simplely can not understand it until you have experienced it. Financially speaking, once you are debt free you are then free to wealth build and not just struggle to make a living. It opens up all kinds of opportunity for you that would never be there otherwise.

I have founded and owned a successful contract engineering and manufacturing company for many years, then sold it off, semi-retired, did some consutling work in engineering and finance, and am now a licensed financial advisor because I enjoy helping folks reach theri finacial goals. The best advise I can give youis to first get out of debt 100%, then do whatever else God wnats you to do. Because I beleive the Bible is very clear about his people being debt free, otherwise we are slaves to a lender and God wants us to be servants to Him and His purpose. Just my own insight from my own experience, for whatever it is worth. God Bless!! :D

This is why we want to set up annuities with a annual payout to us. That is what we live off. If we have an amount that is set away and not touched then we can do extra things with some of the extra money. But if our primary money is doled out as an annual allowance then that helps us to keep budgeting.

• Upvote 1

This is why we want to set up annuities with a annual payout to us. That is what we live off. If we have an amount that is set away and not touched then we can do extra things with some of the extra money. But if our primary money is doled out as an annual allowance then that helps us to keep budgeting.

Very smart. +1

Well I was helping a friend (older Lady) a few years ago clean off her roof and gutters. I slipped on a wet spot and off I went, ground is very hard. (haha).

Eight years later my back is gone. Can't work any more. Wife is working like crazy. I get Disability. Not much. So we plain to live modest.

And enjoy each other for the rest of our lives. Married 38 years now. :D

I agree, very smart. The advise I would give is to be sure you go with a reputable annuity provider (which I'm sure you have), you don't want the insurance company you choose to go under and you end up with nothing after all this. The annuities I am familiar with offer 3%-5% rates of return, which is good. There are also other investments available that are safe (similar to annuities) and provide a quarterly, semi-annual or annual payout that have a higher rate of return than most annuities. If you are interested I could offer some ideas. No obligation to me at any time, as I have mentioned, I just enjoy helping folks. Let me know if you want some ideas, otherwise I'll keep my nose out of eveyone's business. God Bless!! :)

• Upvote 1

I think you are over-thinking this way too much. Remember, money is only freedom, nothing else. You will only change if you want to....not because it has to change you. Having said that, many people who have never had any money in their lives and suddenly get some, have difficulty handling it. Only you know if that is you.

My suggestion after RV is to do nothing major.....for a while....let it sink in and then put a well-thought out plan in place. Best of luck to you.

I think money is a tool. Do you think the wall street guys aren't slaves to their money? No debt. Buy used if possible, new where necessary. Do not be the wicked lazy servant that buried the talent. Many men have toys- and drug addicted kids. Or worse. Can't buy a kids love or respect, but you can earn it. just bieng solid support without bieng a walking check book will do wonders.

I will not change..As I have worked hard and had to budget for everything that I have...those traits are inherent in me now and I have a lifestyle of simplicity based around that...I see the money as helping my children so they will in these troubled times have a solid roof over their heads...

Well I was helping a friend (older Lady) a few years ago clean off her roof and gutters. I slipped on a wet spot and off I went, ground is very hard. (haha).

Eight years later my back is gone. Can't work any more. Wife is working like crazy. I get Disability. Not much. So we plain to live modest.

And enjoy each other for the rest of our lives. Married 38 years now. :D

a perfect plan :)

MY HUSBAND WILL CHANGE..................................

HE WILL "RETIRE".................................

AND HE WILL BE DOING ALOT OF FISHING.........................

ALOT OF HUNTING..............................

ALOT OF COOKING....................................

AND SAYING OVER AND OVER AGAIN, "WOW, CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS"

AND, AS ALWAYS, HE WILL BE OUT IN THE GARDEN....................

DRAVMORRIS2

• Upvote 1

Excellent idea! I'd like to think that there will be enough to just bank it and live off the interest but to be honest i'd be very happy with 6 figures. First off I'd pay off the mortgage and every bill that I owe and then I'd buy some really awesome toys for my little girl! I've already splurged a little too much this Christmas but oh well. If there's still some left I'd like to give some to my family and close friends who have always been there for me and if there's still some left after that I'd invest as much as I could in annuities and set up a college fund for my daughter. Then I might remodel the house and finally get that big screen TV and sound system I've always wanted. It would be awesome to have the financial freedom this investment might bring but this is a slow process so gotta keep my head out of the clouds til we get the good news. Felt really good to fantasize for a little bit anyway. :D

Edited by marknet73
  • Upvote 1