Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Welcome home to the United States of Stupid

ds2

FORWARDED FROM A BUDDY

As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan, I witnessed the following:

When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards. Our first stop was Shannon, Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard. That's where the stupid started.

First, everyone was forced to get off the plane-even though the plane wasn't refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off. We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.

It's probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of course, the weapons weren't loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.

The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it reinspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through. After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to reinspect our Cargo-just to inspect us again: Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, reinspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.

This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.

So we're in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they're going to confiscate his nail clippers. The conversation went something like this:

TSA Guy: You can't take those on the plane.

Soldier: What? I've had them since we left country.

TSA Guy: You're not suppose to have them.

Soldier: Why?

TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I'm allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy: Yeah but you can't use it to take over the plane. You don't have bullets.

Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?

TSA Guy: [awkward silence]

Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I'll buy you a new set.

Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security] To top it off, the tsa demanded we all be swabbed for "explosive residue" detection. Everyone failed, [go figure, we just came home from a war zone], because we tested positive for "Gun Powder Residue". Who the F**K is hiring these people?

This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns-but nothing that could have been used as a weapon. Can someone please tell me What the F**K happened to OUR country while we were gone?

Sgt. Mad Dog Tracy

PS. I can answer that, we elected someone who promised "Change"

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 2

Ds2,

First and foremost, thank you and all of the guys who have put your butts on the line for protecting all of us all in the good ole US of A. Since you have been gone, and I don't know how long you have been over there, but things have run amuck over here for the last couple of years. We are all hoping that some things will begin changing in January, when some newly elected Federal personnel take office in Washington, because if they don't, there are gonna be a great deal of us average folks that just are not going to put up with the garbage that has been thrown our way. Lets hope we get our country back, and some of the character and ideals that you fought for, and we all strive for. God Bless, and welcome home! UR

• Upvote 4

Ds2,

First and foremost, thank you and all of the guys who have put your butts on the line for protecting all of us all in the good ole US of A. Since you have been gone, and I don't know how long you have been over there, but things have run amuck over here for the last couple of years. We are all hoping that some things will begin changing in January, when some newly elected Federal personnel take office in Washington, because if they don't, there are gonna be a great deal of us average folks that just are not going to put up with the garbage that has been thrown our way. Lets hope we get our country back, and some of the character and ideals that you fought for, and we all strive for. God Bless, and welcome home! UR

this was sent to me from some one else. i am not in the service but i thank them also for serving our country. and i bet a lot has changed here in the USA since the time some of them have been gone.

FORWARDED FROM A BUDDY

As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan, I witnessed the following:

When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards. Our first stop was Shannon, Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard. That's where the stupid started.

First, everyone was forced to get off the plane-even though the plane wasn't refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off. We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.

It's probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of course, the weapons weren't loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.

The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it reinspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through. After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to reinspect our Cargo-just to inspect us again: Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, reinspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.

This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.

So we're in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they're going to confiscate his nail clippers. The conversation went something like this:

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I'm allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy: Yeah but you can't use it to take over the plane. You don't have bullets.

Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I'll buy you a new set.

Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security] To top it off, the tsa demanded we all be swabbed for "explosive residue" detection. Everyone failed, [go figure, we just came home from a war zone], because we tested positive for "Gun Powder Residue". Who the F**K is hiring these people?

This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns-but nothing that could have been used as a weapon. Can someone please tell me What the F**K happened to OUR country while we were gone?

Sgt. Mad Dog Tracy

Here is another great story. The other night I was in Walmart. I had to get a few things. I was just getting over a stomach bug and was very tired. I had put a few things under my arm to cash out.

Well by mistake I walked out of the store without paying. I realized when I got to my car, I went back in past the guy checking everyone's receipts and bags before they could leave the store, I paid for my items and once again walked by a huge line of people waiting to get their receipts checked and got in my car and left.

So much for security. What a joke.

i

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What a terrible welcome home! I am sorry this happened to you after serving our country. It's not right is such an understatement, but it's all I have. I sincerely wish we could get someone with two lobes of their brain making these security decisions. It's ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! Be sure to voice your concerns to your congressman. Thank you for your service. I appreciate my freedoms everyday.

Doesn't it make you feel warm and fuzzy knowing that those TSA who are entrusted with saving the world from terrorist and who have all the wisdom of Solomon knowing just how to handle crisis and with the proper judgement of knowing what is best for all who travel only have to have a GED or high school diploma.......

FORWARDED FROM A BUDDY

Sgt. Mad Dog Tracy

It is a great story (sad) but just a story...if this was a military flight none of this would have happened and military on commercial flights do not carry even unloaded weapons

• Downvote 4

I'm sorry that this is what our returning heroes must put up with.

My father would probably say something like " Sometimes you must bow to the absurd".

Thank you and your buddy for standing watch over us and know that you are returning to a very GRATEFUL nation! :hug:

Sorry soldier, but thanks for all that you do. I apologize for the rest of the idiots around you.......but I've been saying for the last 20 years, well before 9/11.....common sense is a dying commodity, should be on the endangered species list......it will be extinct in another 20 years.

Mad Dog,

Thanks for your service. I have a son in Special Forces. Our country is jacked up because of poor leadership, and failed administration. Your going to have to be patient till 2012. Hopefully we wlll have a one term President.

I agree George. I just hope we can last that long with what is running the country right now.

• Upvote 1

It is a great story (sad) but just a story...if this was a military flight none of this would have happened and military on commercial flights do not carry even unloaded weapons

ecosav I do believe you will be hard pressed to prove that... We have a tremendous amount of troops on a huge number of flights, were you on all of them? God bless our military members and God bless this nation and maybe also cause Al Gore to sit down and be quiet... :D

• Upvote 1

Ecosov: I was a flight attendant for an American company that did bring soldiers back from their tour overseas. Our company had a military contract with us. However, we never faced anything like this soldier did, but it was a while ago and everything seems to have gone down hill in the last couple of years. Welcome home soldiers and thank you for the service you do for our country.

their are too many of us who have carried unloaded weapons on military flights that have gone to a commercial airport to refuel for you to say this... I have personally been on both types of flights so for you to say something like this just goes to show your level of ignorance as to there being more than one way things are done via the military... Good try though someone will believe you

I am sorry you got hassled like that, always better to take a Military Flight,

so you don't have to deal with the Stupidity that TSA dishes out.

That's why I believe Al Queda has already won, every time I get

hassled, they justify being stupid by saying "it's for you own

safety", there leadership sucks and TSA makes flying

a chore.

Like I said " The Bad Guys have already won".