Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New government still far away?

DizzyDinar

Well it appears that these guys still cannot put their differences aside for the good of the people. I do not believe that we will see an RV until

there is a government seated and working. Apparently there were no provisions put in place for a tie vote or run off election??

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well, perhaps Saddam did have it right. They cant/wont handle democracy. Perhaps a tyrannous dictator is all they understand......

Very true, and thee guys can hold a grudge also. I am afriad that nither will back down until one of them drives past a VBIED. I think they are going to have to have another election to settle this and that in itself could take months. If they get busy on it know that is.

It's OK people it is Iraq we all know that. It has always been a long term investment, we all know that also. Take the good with the bad, and don't get too high or too low. It will happen whenever it happens and on day we can all look back and tell our grandkids the story of IQD when they ask " Grandpa where did all the money for my college come from?"

• Upvote 3

sad to say, but i expected to see this type of article today. someday it has to come together....still am hopefull for a goi formation this week. we WAIT some more.....nothing new. i really cannot get excited just yet.. plus even if goi forms this week we still have no idea when the rv/ri will happen. i know everyone is saying that goi= rv but i must remain cautiously optomistic and so should we all

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with Karen. How many times have we been down this road. History of the last five years has made me overcautious. I too expected to see news like this. I don't worry about whether this will happen or when. I know it will happen and the when is up to God. I feel for the Iraqi people though. Once again, patience is a virtue. Don't anyone let this ruin your day. Live life today! The RV will come.

Even the sources cited can be given smoke and mirrors. Don't get to wound up over this just yet. We have a long way to go til the end of the week.

Maynard

I was wondering the same thing because the meeting for tomorrow is being moved to Baghdad. Could today be smoke and a formal announcement tomorrow in the capital?

Who'd a thought is right Mongo...

Thanks for the insight/opinions everyone! A couple more interesting articles...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-08/iraq-leaders-meet-in-erbil-in-bid-to-break-deadlock-over-new-government.html

In typical Iraq fashion... "Once a speaker and deputies are elected, the constitution gives lawmakers 30 days to elect a president. The new president then has 15 days to ask the largest bloc in parliament to choose a prime minister, who has 30 days to form a Cabinet."....... I can see this lasting awhile longer, especially if they push these timelines to the max (which they have NEVER done in the past, right?). :)

Another article... this time with Hilldog speaking her mind (or not)...

Clinton: US hopes Iraq government deal is close

(AP) – 8 hours ago

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Hillarious Rodham Clinton said Monday the U.S. hopes Iraq is finally close to forming a new government — eight months after elections.

Speaking in Australia, Clinton would not confirm reports that the political factions in Iraq have reached a deal. She said she cannot comment until Iraq announces an agreement.

But Clinton added that the U.S. hopes Iraq's political factions are near the end of their haggling. She said the U.S. wants Iraq's political blocs to form an inclusive government that represents all interests.

The leaders of the main political factions planned to meet later Monday amid signs they are close to breaking the political deadlock. The two men vying for prime minister — incumbent Nouri al-Maliki and his rival Ayad Allawi — both plan to attend, officials from their respective parties said.

It would be the first such face-to-face meeting of the bloc leaders since the March 7 polls.

Allawi's Sunni-backed Iraqiya coalition won 91 seats in the elections — two more than al-Maliki's State of Law. But neither bloc secured an outright majority, which has led to a period to intense political negotiations as both groups try to cobble together enough support to head a new government.

Recently, political momentum has swung in al-Maliki's direction.

Edited by DizzyDinar

Who'd a thought is right Mongo...

Thanks for the insight/opinions everyone! A couple more interesting articles...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-08/iraq-leaders-meet-in-erbil-in-bid-to-break-deadlock-over-new-government.html

In typical Iraq fashion... "Once a speaker and deputies are elected, the constitution gives lawmakers 30 days to elect a president. The new president then has 15 days to ask the largest bloc in parliament to choose a prime minister, who has 30 days to form a Cabinet."....... I can see this lasting awhile longer, especially if they push these timelines to the max (which they have NEVER done in the past, right?). :)

Another article... this time with Hilldog speaking her mind (or not)...

Clinton: US hopes Iraq government deal is close

(AP) – 8 hours ago

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Hillarious Rodham Clinton said Monday the U.S. hopes Iraq is finally close to forming a new government — eight months after elections.

Speaking in Australia, Clinton would not confirm reports that the political factions in Iraq have reached a deal. She said she cannot comment until Iraq announces an agreement.

But Clinton added that the U.S. hopes Iraq's political factions are near the end of their haggling. She said the U.S. wants Iraq's political blocs to form an inclusive government that represents all interests.

The leaders of the main political factions planned to meet later Monday amid signs they are close to breaking the political deadlock. The two men vying for prime minister — incumbent Nouri al-Maliki and his rival Ayad Allawi — both plan to attend, officials from their respective parties said.

It would be the first such face-to-face meeting of the bloc leaders since the March 7 polls.

Allawi's Sunni-backed Iraqiya coalition won 91 seats in the elections — two more than al-Maliki's State of Law. But neither bloc secured an outright majority, which has led to a period to intense political negotiations as both groups try to cobble together enough support to head a new government.

Recently, political momentum has swung in al-Maliki's direction.

DizzyDinar,

Thank you for posting this article. I have learned to read very carefully what a politician says. They say things without saying it. I know, sounds weird but it's the Satanic, uhhh, I mean political way of saying things. They can always come back and say you misinterpreted what I said. Any ways, what I see here is the POSSIBILITY that what Hillarious said, without saying it is this: She can't say anything until Iraq announces an agreement (emphasis above added by me), indicating the agreement is done and only waiting on the announcement. Notice she didn't say "until they come to an agreement."

Read between the lines, so to speak.

My personal opinion, and ONLY MY OPINION, is that this has been orchestrated by the IMF from the beginning. They gave guidelines and dates that the Iraqi's were to follow and if one of them didn't play their assigned role, they were warned. If they didn't comply after the warning then they would not be breathing for much longer. I believe it is playing out the way the IMF wants. And the IMF will make a boat load off of this deal, as they always do. It's their system and they are very good at what they do. Smart, but evil. Just like their daddy.

But, The One True Living God is smarter, wiser and stronger. Not to mention in control of EVERYTHING.

BMWman