Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

GOI TO BE FORMED BY NOV 8TH

sonny1

Maynard57, I couldnn't help noticing you wrote "Mille Grazie" which is " a thousand thanks" in italian.

Are you italian or do you speak italian? Just curious. I'm from Trento, Italy

Hi, umbertino. Yes, Italian, a chronic condition inherited by the Korean war vet who is my father. I'm damn proud of him and my ethnicity. We don't speak so much, unless one of the elders is really, really mad! :)

in bocca al lupo, my friend. We're so getting there! I am excited beyond hysteria. If we have an RV bash, we're gonna have to talk.

Maynard

• Upvote 1

No kidding. Scooter said they will lose 195 billion dollars if they didn't RV TODAY! So conveinant that everyone forgets that and goes to the next stupid date...

Like I always said, they throw it out two weeks so that in that two weeks they have time to come up with more poop e! If I could bet on what/who is going to be the next date, I wouldnt need a rv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Hi, umbertino. Yes, Italian, a chronic condition inherited by the Korean war vet who is my father. I'm damn proud of him and my ethnicity. We don't speak so much, unless one of the elders is really, really mad! :)

in bocca al lupo, my friend. We're so getting there! I am excited beyond hysteria. If we have an RV bash, we're gonna have to talk.

Maynard

I am not Italian, (actually of Irish and German decent) but I love to ride my 2007 Ducati Multistrada 1100S. Viva Italila! Bella Serra!

WM13

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Meetings between blocs continue

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010 11:06 AM

Sulaimaniyah, Nov. 3 (AKnews) – Iraq’s political blocs in Baghdad continue talks under the Kurdish president Massoud Barzani’s initiative aimed at forming the new Iraqi government and a member of the Kurdish Blocs Coalition (KBC) believes the next government is contingent on the result of those meetings.

The Iraqi political actors are holding talks under Barzani’s initiative as the majority of the blocs rejected earlier this week an invitation by the Saudi Kind Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz to go the capital Riyadh where the royal described as the Iraqis’ “second home” to end their disputes and reach a national partnership government. They said the Saudi initiative could further complicate the situation and that they were committed to Barzani’s proposal.

Barzani’s initiative, submitted to the political blocs in September, suggests the establishment of a committee of 8-12 representatives from the different political factions in order to resolve issues of contention between them and arrive at a consensus over the allocation of the key governmental posts.

“We hold two meetings a day and according to our schedule, we discuss a couple of points in every session and the meetings are going on well” said Najib Balatayi, a member of the KBC delegation in Baghdad.

The meetings will continue until Saturday and the political blocs are required to come up with a final statement submitted to the leaders of the blocs for their final position regarding their involvement in the next government.

Subjects related to the Iraqi constitution and commitment to it have been tackled in the meetings, in addition to the internal regulations of the new Iraqi parliament, according to Balatayi.

“We will move on to the pending issues between the central government and the Kurdistan Region in the coming meetings… and the distribution of the three top positions will be discussed in-depth” he said.

The pending issues between the Kurdish region and Baghdad include the implementation of article 140 of the Iraqi constitution, international oil and gas contracts and the Kurdish regional guards, the “Peshmarga” force’s budget.

Article 140 sets a roadmap to resolve territorial disputes between Kurds and other ethnic groups in the country. Among the major disputed areas is the oil-rich province of Kirkuk.

“We are waiting for the outcome of the draft at the end of the current meetings between the political actors within the initiative of the president of the Kurdistan region” said Khalid Shwani, another member of the KBC in Baghdad, as it is pivotal for Kurds in deciding to ally with any bloc to form the new government.

Reported by Dilshad Saifaddin,

Ry/Ka/AKnews

Iraqi parliament to resume sessions Monday

English.news.cn 2010-11-03 17:39:28 FeedbackPrintRSS

BAGHDAD, Nov. 3 (Xinhua) -- The Iraqi parliament is set to resume its sessions on Monday to meet the two-week deadline put by the country's federal court, an Iraqi official television reported on Wednesday.

"I call the elected members of the Council of Representatives to attend the parliament session on Monday, Nov. 8," the state-run television of Iraqia quoted the elder speaker Fuad Masom as saying.

The resuming of the parliament meeting on Monday goes with the decision of the federal court that ordered the parliament to convene within two weeks saying the suspension of the parliament sessions for undetermined period is unconstitutional, the channel said.

The Iraqi federal court made its decision after activists from the Iraqi nongovernmental civil organizations filed a lawsuit against Masom over his decision that led the country to a complicated political crisis.

The parliament's first session opened on June 14, three months after the country's March 7 parliamentary election, but it only lasted for 18 minutes due to differences over the definition of the largest bloc and the government formation, and was delayed till further notice.

According to the Iraqi constitution, the parliament must elect its new speaker and his two deputies in the first session. Then the parliament under the new speaker must elect a new president who will later call on the candidate of the largest bloc for the prime minister post to form his cabinet.

However, the Iraqi parliamentary blocs insist to agree on the names of president, parliament speaker and prime minister, as one package before resuming the parliament session.

Special Report: Situation in Iraq

I know, I know, I have been wrong before, but I just got a phone call from someone in the middle east that told me that the goi will be formed by nov 8th, they feel the decision has been made and the support has been granted. If this happens as i feel it will, that means that our timeline for a rv should be with-in 4 days of this event. That would put us around the 12th of this month for a potential rv, if what I am being told comes true......... The winner will be maliki, and talibani will remain pres.

Thanks for the post....I hope what you heard comes true we shall wait and see.. :lol::lol:

sorry but no pm or GOI by the 8th. and the RV is still very far off perhaps a year or more. hope my source is wrong and thanks for all that hard work you do!! GO RV GO

Everybody else's sources have been wrong, so it only makes sense to assume that the source you quote is IN-CORRECT also. Based on what we have been seeing over the last 2 months, I would have to throw my towel in with Shabibi who states this year!

Iraqi parliament to resume sessions Monday

English.news.cn 2010-11-03 17:39:28 FeedbackPrintRSS

BAGHDAD, Nov. 3 (Xinhua) -- The Iraqi parliament is set to resume its sessions on Monday to meet the two-week deadline put by the country's federal court, an Iraqi official television reported on Wednesday.

"I call the elected members of the Council of Representatives to attend the parliament session on Monday, Nov. 8," the state-run television of Iraqia quoted the elder speaker Fuad Masom as saying.

The resuming of the parliament meeting on Monday goes with the decision of the federal court that ordered the parliament to convene within two weeks saying the suspension of the parliament sessions for undetermined period is unconstitutional, the channel said.

The Iraqi federal court made its decision after activists from the Iraqi nongovernmental civil organizations filed a lawsuit against Masom over his decision that led the country to a complicated political crisis.

The parliament's first session opened on June 14, three months after the country's March 7 parliamentary election, but it only lasted for 18 minutes due to differences over the definition of the largest bloc and the government formation, and was delayed till further notice.

According to the Iraqi constitution, the parliament must elect its new speaker and his two deputies in the first session. Then the parliament under the new speaker must elect a new president who will later call on the candidate of the largest bloc for the prime minister post to form his cabinet.

However, the Iraqi parliamentary blocs insist to agree on the names of president, parliament speaker and prime minister, as one package before resuming the parliament session. Special Report: Situation in Iraq

Highlighted the above. All three at one time wold be huge time-wise for RV.

Sonny: the 8th is looking good. Multiple news sources are reporting as breaking news that Iraq's political groups have actually reached a power-sharing agreement. Maliki stays on as prime minister. The agreement was reached yesterday among the political parties. The Iraqiya party will choose its candidate for parliament speaker. Other sources are reporting all positions will be agreed upon and announced. RV could be upon us shortly. http://news.yahoo.co...fp/iraqpolitics

• Downvote 1

Don't go patting yourself on the back yet Sonny. Nothing has been formed and nothing is on paper at the moment. I really hope you're right but people don't get to excited until the GOI has been actually formed and announced. This could take some time getting everyone in place. Remember, this is Iraq.

• Upvote 2