Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQ GOVERNMENT "GREAT NEWS"

tommy55

Don’t get to excited it will all be different when the start to negotiate the deals.

My other concern is that Maliki Had the option to RV well before the elections but didn’t.

This man is no different than the last dictator in Iraq & above all power over the people is all he wishes to hold

I hope it isn’t him for the sake of the Iraqis but I must admit I wouldn’t careless after I have cashed in. :D

Do you really believe that Maliki is another Saddam? How much do you know about Saddam? What has Maliki done over the past four years to even begin to suggest that he can be compared to Saddam?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

JUST IN KURDS SIDE WITH MALAKI TO ANNOUNCE HIM AS PM WED . PER DUCK CHAT FROM DD . GO GOI WED THEN RV THE SAME DAY !!!! GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS SHOW US THE MONEY$$$$$$$ RATE THEY SAY SAME AS KUWAIT THANK THE LORD!

Where is the link?? I also heard that the dinar doubled in value, but have no verification. Come on people, don't post exciting potential news if you have no link

• Downvote 1

I will do a post on the subject.

But know this...all of the false information on the dinar forums about Malaki is so far from the truth.

yes there is opposition as would be expected by the other parties but the truth of just who Malaki is and what he has done seems to have escaped the forums.

He is well liked and respected by other regional and world leaders and has stood the test of intense investigation and review by both the UN the United States government as well as the Iraqi government investigations.

One other great falsehood spread on the forums is that the people of Iraq want Allawi over Malaki when in fact Maliki recived 300,000+ more personal votes in the election than did Allawi.

Yes Allawi's PARTY won more votes than Malaki's PARTY but between the two men themselves Maliki is the clear choice for leader of Iraq over Allawi as per the popular vote.

I will put together all of the FACTS in a post later...with LINKS to support all information.

Phoenix

What happened to the Sept. 8th - the 30th prediction? Now we are almost through October. The new hot date is Nov. 2nd - 3rd, and now " later " you will post all the facts. That means to me, that the RV will not be happening this week in your opinion. If it gets much later, it will be 2011, which is alright by me, heck even 2012 is alright, but if it does not happen before 2011, you can forget about the RV until this time next year, because there is no way Uncle Sam is going to let us walk around for a year with his tax money. That my friend is a FACT!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Do you really believe that Maliki is another Saddam? How much do you know about Saddam? What has Maliki done over the past four years to even begin to suggest that he can be compared to Saddam?

Not a thing. What I cannot believe is that Dinar sites have accused demeaned and called Maliki every thing possible. Actually the man has been terrroized more then most human beings.

The opposition has tried to shoot him and on more the one occasion successfully, poisen him, blow him up, kill his family members and have even kidnapped his grand children. Anyone else would already be dead or have taken asylum elsewhere. Yet he is still there standing for the people of Iraq. You have to give this man credit for standing tall under the worst of circumstances. If anyone should be PM it should be Maliki.

Do not worry he will Revalue the Iraqi Dinar soon, not for you and not for me but because he wants a better life for his people. Yet when he does so very soon well, then everyone will benefit globally.

Thank you, Phoenix for giving Prime Minister Maliki the kudos that he deserves.

God Bless America and Iraq!smile.gif

• Upvote 4

JUST IN KURDS SIDE WITH MALAKI TO ANNOUNCE HIM AS PM WED . PER DUCK CHAT FROM DD . GO GOI WED THEN RV THE SAME DAY !!!! GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS

SHOW US THE MONEY$$$$$$$ RATE THEY SAY SAME AS KUWAIT THANK THE LORD!

As anxious as I am for an RV, I don't like the thought of seeing Malaki announced as PM as from what I've read I don't think that is the best for the Iraqi people... and am still hoping it will not turn out that way. I can't believe the Kurds are supporting him... and I still have to wonder if it is true that Maliki owns or controls most of the news media that the information could be false or misleading.

• Downvote 1

What happened to the Sept. 8th - the 30th prediction? Now we are almost through October. The new hot date is Nov. 2nd - 3rd, and now " later " you will post all the facts. That means to me, that the RV will not be happening this week in your opinion. If it gets much later, it will be 2011, which is alright by me, heck even 2012 is alright, but if it does not happen before 2011, you can forget about the RV until this time next year, because there is no way Uncle Sam is going to let us walk around for a year with his tax money. That my friend is a FACT!

What makes you think it would MATTER........ WE WILL MOST LIKELY GET TAXED AT SPOT OF TRANSACTION AND NOT LATER ANYHOW!!!!!!!!????? Understand........... :confused: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RV!!!!!!!!!

Edited by He-man
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What makes you think it would MATTER........ WE WILL MOST LIKELY GET TAXED AT SPOT OF TRANSACTION AND NOT LATER ANYHOW!!!!!!!!????? Understand........... :confused: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RV!!!!!!!!!

No, we won't. Who would do that? Everyone has different tax brackets, based on income, etc. You'll have to pay your taxes next April 15th if this transpires this year.

[/indent]

As anxious as I am for an RV, I don't like the thought of seeing Malaki announced as PM as from what I've read I don't think that is the best for the Iraqi people... and am still hoping it will not turn out that way. I can't believe the Kurds are supporting him... and I still have to wonder if it is true that Maliki owns or controls most of the news media that the information could be false or misleading.

Well, I made my comments long before I read what Phoenix and Jac has to say about Malaki. I have not read that many of Jac's posts but Phoenix always seems to know what he is talking about. So maybe I need to do more research or simply accept the popular vote if Malaki really is who the majority of the Iraqi people want as PM. I was coming from the fact that I feel Malaki might be easily lead to do Iran's bidding. Maybe I'm wrong? At this point I think it is important to form the gov and move forward.... and what I think really does not matter. G'Nite all. Peace :)

• Upvote 1

No, we won't. Who would do that? Everyone has different tax brackets, based on income, etc. You'll have to pay your taxes next April 15th if this transpires this year.

The banks won't be withholding taxes for the IRS. Only your employers withhold taxes from you. If this RV gain is taxed as ordinary income or capital gains, either way we will owe the $ on tax day. Taxes can be prepaid though if you feel to do it this way. For this reason, the RV before the end of the year would greatly benefit the US Govt. If this happened at the beginning of 2011 we wouldn't owe the taxes for well over a year. See, an RV this month would benefit EVERYONE! Get er done!! :)

• Upvote 2

JUST IN KURDS SIDE WITH MALAKI TO ANNOUNCE HIM AS PM WED . PER DUCK CHAT FROM DD . GO GOI WED THEN RV THE SAME DAY !!!! GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS SHOW US THE MONEY$$$$$$$ RATE THEY SAY SAME AS KUWAIT THANK THE LORD!

Where do you folks get this crap????????

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Where is it said, or even implied for that matter, that once the govt is officially announced the RV will follow? That is NOT a given at all, correct?

CORRECT, nothing over here is a given, as we can all see with the March election. 8 months later................................. Don't take anything for granted in Iraq.

The banks won't be withholding taxes for the IRS. Only your employers withhold taxes from you. If this RV gain is taxed as ordinary income or capital gains, either way we will owe the $ on tax day. Taxes can be prepaid though if you feel to do it this way. For this reason, the RV before the end of the year would greatly benefit the US Govt. If this happened at the beginning of 2011 we wouldn't owe the taxes for well over a year. See, an RV this month would benefit EVERYONE! Get er done!! :)

The fincen104 alerts the IRS that we have just made a bunch of money. They will then send you a quartertly report to fill out and send back to them (with a check of course) giving an estimated taxes. Then if you overpay them you get it back when you file in April. I don't remember the amount, but if you make over a certain amount in a quarter you are required to file a report.

• Upvote 1

The fincen104 alerts the IRS that we have just made a bunch of money. They will then send you a quartertly report to fill out and send back to them (with a check of course) giving an estimated taxes. Then if you overpay them you get it back when you file in April. I don't remember the amount, but if you make over a certain amount in a quarter you are required to file a report.

Thanks Shirley, yes you are correct. If the RV happens this month, our taxes are due in January. If the RV happens January 1st, our taxes are due April 15th..and so on.

But the bank will not take taxes out of the profits when you exchange the money.

I want people to understand that people some people might think the SPREAD was the TAXES...but it's not.

So basically we will have the spread, any fees, federal and state taxes. Looks like I am left with -$2.55. Dang! :P

• Upvote 2

Thanks Shirley, yes you are correct. If the RV happens this month, our taxes are due in January. If the RV happens January 1st, our taxes are due April 15th..and so on.

But the bank will not take taxes out of the profits when you exchange the money.

I want people to understand that people some people might think the SPREAD was the TAXES...but it's not.

So basically we will have the spread, any fees, federal and state taxes. Looks like I am left with -$2.55. Dang! :P

I am not 100% sure, but I think you can use the spread as a write off? Maybe that tax guy on this site can interject something about it. I am an independent contractor in my profession, and so I have itemized deductions. I just keep a list on my computer of everything I buy or spend money on, and then let my tax guy read over it and figure it all out. He makes it so I get enough money back to make my first quarterly payment when he does my taxes, and then I only have to pay 3 times in the year. It's great actually, instead of paying 4 quarterly installments, I am only making 3 ;) . But I don't think that will be the case anymore once this thing RV's. :P

• Upvote 2

No we will not get taxed on spot. It gets reported on your tax return, and then you pay what you owe. Now, do you understand?

This is true, they will make you file quarterly. So just before the quarter is up, I'll build 3 storage facilities, and write off most of my gain, because at that point my storage facilities will not have shown any income.

Where is it said, or even implied for that matter, that once the govt is officially announced the RV will follow? That is NOT a given at all, correct?

Exactly. I have read that it needs to be set by GOI and then taken to a vote. These two events IMO will not happen instantly together. This process could happen quick or slow. Pick your own amount of time as a definition to quick and slow. Iraq has been saying soon for months. I will say look how long it has taken them to form GOI. Still not done yet. I hope and pray it all happens in the blink of an eye and our lives are changed forever for the good. I want this now as badly as anyone else. GO RV!!! B)

• Upvote 1

I am not 100% sure, but I think you can use the spread as a write off? Maybe that tax guy on this site can interject something about it. I am an independent contractor in my profession, and so I have itemized deductions. I just keep a list on my computer of everything I buy or spend money on, and then let my tax guy read over it and figure it all out. He makes it so I get enough money back to make my first quarterly payment when he does my taxes, and then I only have to pay 3 times in the year. It's great actually, instead of paying 4 quarterly installments, I am only making 3 ;) . But I don't think that will be the case anymore once this thing RV's. :P

I too am not sure about the spread but I do not believe so. It may be a loss between the buy and sell rate but it is not your/our investment. Had you spent ten dollars from your pocket then sold for 8 then yes you had a 2 dollar loss. To spend ten, it goes to 100 then pays 90 you are still ahead 80 (no loss) on your part.

I did not reply for that part as I said I think (not sure) that's right but I replied to say:

You have to think this out,,,, should you receive enough to do anything with you can invest. If you purchase property, be it land or commercial, incorporate, buy corporate investments, rental property, start a bus, build, etc. This is all taken off the top legally before you pay your taxes. If you make your million and invest half of it then you pay on the half.

The other half invested keep there I believe it is still 5 years and pay only taxes on profits from that half but not the half itself. After that 5 years if you sell that investment you pay on a profit over that investment and then just long term etc.

Saves a bunch.

I will not pay my mothers house off but I will buy her mortgage and she will have to pay nothing. I will own the mortgage and one day get my money back! (HOPEFULLY) lol :o

Edited by RiverStyx
  • Upvote 2

At payout time, unless money is quickly ushered into assets that allow deferral of income tax, we will need to file and pay quarterly estimated federal income taxes and in some cases estimated state income taxes as well. So, walking around for a year with untaxed money from the RV will not be an issue. Personally, I am quite willing to pay these taxes at any time! Go RV!!! :D

• Upvote 2