Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Scooter Wednesday evening

pleasantvalleySunday

Thanks for the post......I hope we are good to go soon......One thing I have always thought about was if the poor in Iraq have no dinars how does the RV actually help them...I thought of myself if the USA revauled the dollar I wouldn't have any wealth because I'm broke.....just a thought...

Thanks for the post......I hope we are good to go soon......One thing I have always thought about was if the poor in Iraq have no dinars how does the RV actually help them...I thought of myself if the USA revauled the dollar I wouldn't have any wealth because I'm broke.....just a thought...

Wealth brings opportunity that wouldn't be there without it. You could almost say it would be " trickle down economics " to quote one of our greatest presidents.

I have to tell you I am NOT a currency expert. I do, however, know a trend when I see one — and right now the trend in the U.S. dollar is down against every major currency.

The U.S. Dollar Index measures the greenback's change against a basket of other currencies. From its most recent peak on June 7, 2010 through October 12, the index fell 12.8 percent.

Investors have many ways to play the foreign exchange markets, including futures contracts. If you're a logical thinker, you might wonder what possible advantage could there be in wanting your own currency to lose value. Financial markets aren't always logical. The key is trade. All international transactions have to be settled somehow. For instance, when you buy a Japanese car your dollars somehow must find their way back to Japan and converted into yen.This wouldn't be a problem if nations always imported and exported the same amounts. They don't. We here in the United States buy more stuff from overseas than they buy from us. This is good in some ways, but it's also a political problem. Why? The resulting domestic unemployment makes people want to vote against whoever is in power at the time.

Consequently, presidents from both parties have long wanted to cheapen the dollar. Ditto for the economists those same presidents appoint to the Federal Reserve Board. The reason for this is because a cheaper dollar makes U.S. goods more affordable to foreign buyers and increases our exports, thereby creating jobs and keeping voters happy.

Neither the president nor the Fed determines how much a dollar is worth. They can, however, do things that make a short-term difference. That's what is happening right now:

Congress and the Obama Administration are racking up huge deficit spending, while ...Ben Bernanke's Federal Reserve is planning a second round of "quantitative easing" to create more dollars out of thin air.

Both of these policies are negative for the greenback — and my guess is they aren't going to change any time soon.

Meanwhile, other governments and central banks — in China, Japan, Europe and elsewhere — are doing the same things! To protect their home economies, they're trying to devalue their own currencies against the dollar.

Who is most likely to get their way? For now, the U.S. is in the driver's seat. Bottom line: The greenback could have a lot farther to go on the downside. This seems to be a trend during every recessionary event that has taken place in the last 100 years, especially after a "conflict" overseas... Coincidence... I don't think so.... The dollar will need to devalue some more before the IQD can RV. This is to lessen the gap between the two monies. Why isn't the IQD decreasing in value... it's all part of the plan.....

just my opinion, hope it's the right one....

• Upvote 3