Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Finance: Passing the 2024 budget will be easy

Parliamentary Finance: Passing the 2024 budget will be easy – Iraq News Network (aliraqnews.com)

Last Updated: January 3, 2024 - 2:21 PM

Baghdad / Iraq News Network - The Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed on Wednesday that the House of Representatives is waiting for the arrival of the 2024 budget tables by the Council of Ministers for review and voting.Committee member Jamal Kojar said in a press interview, "The House of Representatives is waiting for the arrival of the 2024 budget tables in order to see and vote on them, so the government cannot spend anything different from the previous budget until after the parliament is informed and approved." The year 2024, and for this we are waiting for its arrival at the beginning of the new legislative term in the middle of this month, and we believe that its passage will be easy without any obstacles."The parliament voted last year, on a three-year budget worth 2023 trillion dinars per year, while the budget for the current year 199 is expected to witness changes in some details, including the mechanism for paying the share of the Kurdistan region, the cost of extracting a barrel of oil in the region, the shares of foreign companies, and linking the salaries of Kurdistan employees to Baghdad directly away from Financial disputes between 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 6

Parliamentary economy: Changing budget figures will not affect the completion of projects

Information / Baghdad

A member of the Parliamentary Economy and Investment Committee, Muhammad Al-Ziyadi, confirmed on Wednesday that making changes to budget figures for the current year 2024 will not affect the completion of service projects.

Al-Ziyadi said in a statement to Al-Maalouma that "the tripartite budget prepared by the Sudanese government and approved by the House of Representatives has two dimensions, the first is the continuation of the provision of services and the completion of necessary service projects for all governorates and the sustainability of the government, while the second represents a message of reassurance that the country is stable and capable of achieving a three-year budget."

He added that "the changes that will occur in the figures of the financial amounts in the budget will not affect the completion of service projects in all provinces because the tripartite budget was drawn to complete them, primarily of which they are infrastructure."

Al-Ziyadi pointed out that "any change that occurs in the figures of the current year's budget is exclusively entrusted to the government, and then the House of Representatives approves the changes according to the government's vision."

On June 12, 2023, after long deliberations between the government and parliamentarians that lasted for months, the House of Representatives approved the fiscal budget law for the three years 2023, 2024 and 2025, where the budget approved more expenditures and investments as a direct result of the increase in oil revenues, which constitutes 90% of the country's revenues.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:

The CBI has control of the rate not parliament 

Yes I know but if the rate is linked to the budget like they have said , and this articles states  " the government can not spend anything different from the previous budget until approved by the council of ministers" so if they are linked then they need to do this in order to know what spending will be and where they need the rate to be. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

and we have taken important steps in financial, economic and agricultural reform," noting that "international institutions recognize that Iraq has laid the foundations for financial and banking reform."

"Public funding institutions have given the green light to invest in Iraq," he said. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well don't know about the rest of yall. At this point I'm going to skip over budget passing articles. I read my last budget article in June 2023. Worn out with these types of articles. Not being negative.

Edited by Dretown39
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dretown39 said:

Well don't know about the rest of yall. At this point I'm going to skip over budget passing articles. I read my last budget article in June 2023. Worn out with these types of articles.

Ok

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Yes I know but if the rate is linked to the budget like they have said , and this articles states  " the government can not spend anything different from the previous budget until approved by the council of ministers" so if they are linked then they need to do this in order to know what spending will be and where they need the rate to be. 

I agree...they can't complete the budget until they know what they are working with!  :shrug:

• Like 2

Just now, 6ly410 said:

new taxation system and the dinar as the currency for commercial use are now both in place, as of 01/01/2024……

Like most governments, they don't want to miss out on the TAXATION!   What would they do if they couldn't steal money from their citizens?  :facepalm1:

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Spartakus said:

Didn't parliament passed a three year budget?

Yes... but I think each year it will need to go back to parliament for any amendments to be passed and for agreement to continue with the budget they passed. Also if I recall correctly they didn't list or fully list the paragraphs for 2024 or 2025 when they passed the budget in June last year

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, BETTYBOOP said:

Yes... but I think each year it will need to go back to parliament for any amendments to be passed and for agreement to continue with the budget they passed. Also if I recall correctly they didn't list or fully list the paragraphs for 2024 or 2025 when they passed the budget in June last year

So if I am right that would mean they would need to list the individual paragraphs of where the money will be spent / allocated for each new year and the seek the approval of parliament. Which would also explain the finance department then having to work or recalculating the budget each year. But then again I maybe wrong

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1