Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IMF Staff Concludes Staff Visit with Iraq

6ly410

5 hours ago, Shedagal said:

Donald Trump on Truth Social:

So, now we have reached a point when a President of the United States has WEAPONIZED the Department of Justice as though we were a Third World Country...

Joe, the merican politicians AND the media are showing the world they are as corrupt as those in any 3rd world country...last step before a dictatorship and your loss of freedom America!...but then I'm a loony tune what do I know! 😂

• Upvote 1

Iraq’s economy expected to close 2023 with deficit: IMF

Projections by the International Monetary Fund estimate a deepening of the deficit in 2024 due to the slowdown in economic activity and increased public spending.

34779QZ-Preview_procb-1140x620.jpg

AHMAD AL-RUBAYE/AFP

Da Redação

São Paulo – Iraq’s economy is expected to grow less and record a deficit this year and in 2024 due to the reduction in oil revenue and increased public spending. In a release made public this Tuesday (19), the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said the country has adopted measures to contain inflation and stabilize the economy. However, there are challenges for the next two years. Pictured above, a construction in the capital Baghdad.

From December 12 to 17, Iraqi authorities and an IMF staff team met in Amman, Jordan, to assess the Iraqi economic outlook. After the visit, the head of the mission, Jean-Guillaume Poulain, released a statement. In the release, Poulain said the country’s non-oil industries are projected to close this year with a growth of 5% and maintain a solid expansion for next year.

However, lower activity in the oil sector is expected to slow down the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth this year and in 2024. Among the reasons for the lower oil output are the production cuts approved by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies (OPEC+), of which Iraq is a permanent member, and the closure of a pipeline connecting it to Turkey.

In the Fund’s release, Poulain also expressed concern about the country’s deficit this year, which is expected to increase in 2024 despite the surplus in 2022. “The large fiscal expansion, including a substantial increase in public hiring and pensions, creates permanent spending that will put pressure on public finances over the medium term,” said Poulain in the document.

The IMF also noted that Iraqi inflation has already dropped since the peak recorded in January and is expected to stabilize in the coming months due to the tighter monetary policy of the Central Bank of Iraq, lower food prices, and normalization of trade finance.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

This should clarify the exchange-rate pass-through-------

The "standard pass-through regression"[3] is

\Delta \ln p_{{t}}=\alpha +\sum _{{i=0}}^{N}\gamma _{i}\Delta \ln e_{{t-i}}+\delta \Delta \ln c_{t}+\psi \Delta \ln d_{t}+\epsilon _{t},

where p is import price, e is the exchange rate, c is marginal costs, d is demand, and \Delta denotes a first difference. The exchange-rate pass-through after N periods is

\sum _{{i=0}}^{N}\gamma _{i}.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

I know the suspense is killing everyone…😂

I agree though, that with everything they have said and done, this is not like any other time in the past. They have set themselves up in a corner if they don’t change something by the end of the first quarter.

Now, gotta go get some rest…😆

image.gif.89264c136551b8bd3b50620c0ee1e675.gif

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2