Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A {final} meeting between Al-Sadr and Al-Amiri

yota691

A political source reveals what the coordination meeting discussed at Al-Amiri's house

{Political: Al Furat News} A political source revealed that the Coordinating Framework Forces meeting discussed the details of the phone call between the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, and the head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki.

The source told {Euphrates News} that "the framework meeting was held at the house of the head of the Al-Fateh Alliance Hadi Al-Amiri to discuss the details of the contact between Al-Sadr and Al-Maliki."

He added, "Today's meeting will be the starting point for the next stage," noting that "the political parties will also discuss the issue of the prime ministership and candidacy for it."

The Coordination Framework held a meeting today, Friday, to discuss the latest political developments.

The meeting takes place a day after the head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, one of the leaders of the framework, received a phone call from the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr yesterday evening, "in which they discussed the latest developments in the political situation and how to find solutions to end the current crisis."

The sources indicate that a meeting will be held between the Coordinating Framework Forces and Mr. Al-Sadr in Baghdad next week in efforts to resolve the current crisis and break the political deadlock.

Raghad Daham

• Thanks 1

Member of the law: Jaafar al-Sadr is one of the figures proposed for the prime minister

{Political: Al Furat News} A member of the State of Law Coalition said: "The Iraqi ambassador in London, Jaafar Al-Sadr, is one of the figures proposed to take over the position of prime minister in the next government."

Jaafar al-Sadr is the son of the martyred religious authority, the Great Ayatollah Sayyed Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr (the first), who was executed by the tomb Saddam regime on April 9, 1980, along with his Alawite sister, Amna (Bint al-Huda).

Wael al-Rikabi told {Euphrates News}: "There is a note that Mr. Jaafar al-Sadr is one of the personalities proposed to take over the prime ministership."

He pointed out that "the phone call between Mr. Muqtada al-Sadr and the head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, discussed the issue of the largest bloc, while political information reported that the name (Jaafar al-Sadr) was proposed to assume the duties of the next prime minister, and he is among one of the figures presented."

He added, "Al-Maliki stressed during the call on the issue of the largest bloc and that it be the basis for political dialogue," noting that "yesterday's call will be the starting point for a breakthrough in the political process."

The Coordination Framework held a meeting today, Friday, to discuss the latest political developments at the home of Hadi Al-Amiri, the head of the Al-Fateh Alliance.

A political source told Al Furat News that the meeting discussed the details of the two phone calls between al-Maliki and al-Sadr and the issue of the prime ministership and running for it.

The sources indicate that a meeting will be held between the Coordinating Framework Forces and Mr. Al-Sadr in Baghdad next week in efforts to resolve the current crisis and break the political deadlock.

Raghad Daham

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The twenty minutes on Friday night shattered Al-Kazemi's hopes.. What did Al-Sadr's call with Al-Maliki included?

05:13
The twenty minutes on Friday night shattered Al-Kazemi's hopes.. What did Al-Sadr's call with Al-Maliki included?

Fourth - Baghdad

There is no doubt that the lean years of estrangement between the two most important political figures, and we are not exaggerating if we say the strongest, at least among the Shiite component, necessitates admonition after the warm peace of each of them, especially if this peace is mixed with the remembrance of the month of Sha’ban on one of the nights of Thursday to Friday; Yes, this was the surprise.. The phone of the leader of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, rings in the evening from a caller who is not expected by the most optimistic in the Iraqi arena. He is the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.

Discussing some important issues related to the current Iraqi situation, 

And developments in the political situation, as well as how to find solutions to end the current crisis, topics announced by the media of the two most prominent Iraqi figures, according to the requirements of what is to be published to the public.

But what was leaked was stronger and more impactful on whoever assumes the management of the executive authority. The next prime minister will be a consensus that all parties will be satisfied with. His name and his father’s name are undisputed. He is (Jaafar Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr), the son of the martyred reference al-Sadr and a relative of Muqtada al-Sadr, and despite this kinship, however, al-Maliki He sees him more closely due to his relationship with his father, the martyr, the founder of the Dawa Party, which is currently led by Nouri al-Maliki.

Twenty minutes at the time of the contact that took place between the two leaders, al-Maliki and al-Sadr, shuffling papers and stifling expectations to form a new beginning of intermittent relations between the sons of one component, and perhaps the coming hours will be full of surprises, especially after announcing a meeting of the leaders of the coordination framework at the home of the head of the Fatah Alliance Hadi al-Amiri.

This contact was not without reaction, especially by those allied with Al-Sadr, as the negotiator and leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Arafat Karam, confirmed that Al-Sadr's contact with Al-Maliki would end the crisis between the current and the coordinating framework.

Meanwhile, politician Izzat al-Shabandar said that the phone call made by His Eminence Muqtada al-Sadr with a number of political leaders (regardless) of the content of the call is an important step in the right direction, and a responsible initiative to cross the current political crisis.

• Upvote 2

Started poking around the interwebz about Jaafar Al-Sadr. Just a couple of articles in and I am speculating this is our new guy to break their political impasse. He is a shiite, but not so much in Maliki's camp. So, he might be the bridge to move things forward?

This has some of his views from 2010: https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=710036

Looks like Al-Sadr might have persuaded his namesake Jaafar to step into the race for primeminister? Although Jaafar might have been a prospect for a while: https://shafaq.com/en/Iraq-News/Jaafar-al-Sadr-would-refuse-nomination-for-Premiership-Sadrist-leader-says

• Upvote 1

At the end of the coordination framework meeting .. Al-Maliki contacts Al-Sadr (important files discussed by the two parties)

08:59
At the end of the coordination framework meeting .. Al-Maliki contacts Al-Sadr (important files discussed by the two parties)

Fourth - Baghdad

An informed source revealed, today, Friday, the course of the phone call between the head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, and the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, while he explained the outcomes of the last coordination framework meeting.

The source told Al-Rabaa that "the coordination framework discussed during its last meeting the developments of the political situation."

He added that "the meeting dealt with the course of the telephone conversation between the head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, and the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr," noting that "the framework welcomed this step."

He continued, "The political parties within the framework agreed to continue dialogues with the Sadrist movement towards forming the largest bloc within the Shiite component and to discuss the candidates for prime minister."

He continued, "During future meetings, the name of Jaafar al-Sadr will be presented as one of the candidates for prime minister."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

A parliamentarian reveals signs of a solution between the coordination framework and the Sadrist bloc

10 March 2022 | 13:00
A parliamentarian reveals signs of a solution between the coordination framework and the Sadrist bloc

Fourth - Baghdad
Today, Thursday, independent MP Hussein Arab revealed signs of a solution between the coordination framework and the Sadrist bloc.
Arab told (the fourth), that "things are going to a solution, especially since there are good signs between the coordination framework and the Sadrist bloc, especially since the political tension has decreased in the current period than it was in the past."
He added that "there are some obstacles that prevent the holding of the two-thirds session on electing the president of the republic," noting that "there are some leaks that indicate some solutions that will be presented to solve the issue of the next session."
He added that "the independent representatives have a great role in the political arena. They represent an important opinion and are more like a coordinating front among themselves," adding: "We are with the formation of a government and within the largest bloc, provided that everyone agrees on the government without problems."

And Arab continued: "So far, the independents are the weight of the egg, and they have a big role in all decisions, and they are partners in the political decision in the next government."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Mishaan al-Jubouri reveals the name of the next prime minister

09:10
Mishaan al-Jubouri reveals the name of the next prime minister

Fourth - Baghdad

Today, Friday, the head of the National Party, Mishaan al-Jubouri, revealed the name of the next prime minister.

Al-Jubouri said in a tweet posted on his official Twitter account and followed by (the fourth) that "after Muqtada al-Sadr's contact with Mr. Nuri al-Maliki and what was leaked about the meeting of the leaders of the coordination framework  , it became almost certain that Mr. Jaafar al-Sadr, Iraq's ambassador in London, is the next prime minister."

single_ea71d06c3f0fd13ce248d78c9648.jpg

• Upvote 1

The truth of the official agreement on the nomination of Jaafar Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr for the prime minister of Iraq - urgent

541 Policy 2022/03/11 17:16 Baghdad Today -

Special A member of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Fadel Al-Fatlawi, confirmed today, Friday, that the new agreement between the framework and the current is a positive step in accelerating the formation of a strong government.

Al-Fatlawi said in a statement to (Baghdad Today), that "the call of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, with the leader of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, is a positive step in the way of forming a strong government," noting that "meetings will be held between the framework and the movement to discuss forming the government and entering into one bloc." ".

And regarding the nomination of Jaafar al-Sadr for prime minister, Al-Fatlawi confirmed, "This matter has not been formally raised between the framework and the current, and the talk about this matter is just leaks," noting that "there are several names proposed between the movement and the framework to take over as prime minister during the next stage."

• Upvote 1

A call from Al-Maliki to Al-Sadr after the coordination framework meeting

1,344 Policy 2022/03/11 16:56 if Baghdad today -

Baghdad Today, Friday, an informed source revealed the details of the contact of the leader of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, with the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.

The source said to (Baghdad Today) that "the leader of the coalition of law enforcement, Nuri al-Maliki, contacted the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, after the framework meeting, and he valued al-Sadr's initiative and welcomed it," explaining that "Al-Maliki told al-Sadr that the first step is to announce the formation of the largest bloc between the Sadrist bloc and the coordination framework." ". He added, "Al-Maliki informed Al-Sadr of the decision of the coordination framework that he is open to Al-Sadr's initiative and will discuss all steps and names."

He explained, "Al-Maliki also informed al-Sadr about discussing the nomination of Jaafar al-Sadr for prime minister after announcing the formation of the largest bloc between the coordination framework and the Sadrist bloc."

• Upvote 1

Jaafar al-Sadr : A confluence prime minister for Iraq
By Chibli Mallat
Thursday, August 19, 2010

In Iraq and the wider Middle East,
Jaafar needs no introduction. His father,
Mohammad Baqer al-Sadr, was the
most remarkable Islamic thinker of the
20th century. He was executed without
trial by Saddam Hussein, together with
Jaafar‟s aunt Bint al-Huda, on 8 April
1980. His cousin and brother-in-law is
Moqtada, who has thrown his lot with
him despite his MPs appearing on a
rival list. His uncle is Musa al-Sadr, the
historic leader of the Lebanese Shiite
community, which was deprived of his wisdom and elegance by the Libyan dictator
Moammar Gadhafi after he was officially invited to Tripoli in August 1978, then
kidnapped and „disappeared.‟
Jaafar‟s meteoric rise shows he is his own man. He was second on the list of Prime
Minister Nouri al-Maliki with hardly an effort at campaigning, while other candidates
spent tens of millions of dollars to get elected. He has been for several years one of
the closest advisers to President Jalal Talabani. The alleys and ways of thinking of
Najaf and Qom keep few secrets from him. He stood up for Sunnis dismissed from
running for elections while every other Shiites remained silent. He denounced the
invention of a “permanent parliamentary session” that made a mockery of the Iraqi
Constitution and perpetuates a shameful constitutional deadlock. For the future of Iraq
as universally sought, democratic, inclusive, decent, moderate, studious and modern,
Jaafar is it.
With more deaths on the Iraqi street because of a lame, impotent caretaker
government, Jaafar‟s public appearances have revealed to a thirsty public that they are
not alone. I threw my lot behind Sayyed Jaafar‟s name in private then in public,
because I am convinced that the deadlock persisting since March needs to give way to
confluence: the image is that of rivulets of political parties and factions meeting in the
mainstream. Iraq is at a crossroads that is key not only to the region but also to the
world. As US military presence winds down decisively, the confluence needed has
become regional and international. Without a government, Iraq will be increasingly
unstable. Last Tuesday‟s massacre issued a double warning: military recruits were
targeted, as well as judges. This is a powerful signal for Messrs. Maliki and Iyad
Allawi to finally step aside and give way to a confluence candidate.

Confluence, rather than compromise, underlines my advocacy for Jaafar al-Sadr. Iraqi
colleagues in the leadership know how reluctant I always was, during their days in
opposition and then in government, to trade in names for high office. I always resisted
the name calling game, and wrote systematically against the havoc wreaked by US
and UN agencies and envoys in the early years of post-Saddam Iraq, when many were
brutally pushing their own candidate. Premiership is a uniquely Iraqi business, and I
believe there are excellent candidates, including those who are known worldwide,
Allawi, Maliki, Ibrahim Jaafari, Ahmad Chalabi, and those whose names are less well
known among the larger public: Husain Shahrastani, Ibrahim Bahr al-Ulum, Mahdi
Abd al-Hadi, Humam Hamoudi, to only mention Iraqi Shiites – this will change over
time as democracy take further root in the country.
The more I listen to Sayyed Jaafar, and I have met him often over the past few
months, the more I am persuaded of his unique potential as premier for Iraq. The
larger public needs to hear him more, indeed put him to the test, and I have chosen
from a number of public utterances some of the themes where the confluence appears
best:
Jaafar al-Sadr in his own words
On Islam and the state
I do not believe in the thesis of political Islam as advocated by some theoreticians, the
Muslim Brotherhood, the Taliban government, and to some extent the Iranian
experiment. Their views address the issue through a formal Islamic framework,
whereas I believe that religion, which is an essential orientation and an original
component of our culture has addressed societal issues by being attentive to the spirit
of change and development, and has therefore not offered specific arrested formulae
that one could see to be prone to rigidity and to be far from natural rules of
development and change. The approach of religion, especially Islam, is that
formulated within the framework of higher principles, values and meanings, which
require these values to suffuse the social field, whether the matter concerns the
organization of the family or the state or the work of economic institutions or others.
As for the state, Islam gives its trust to the nation to organize its affairs itself without
any guardianship over it by anyone, and calls for the principles of justice, fairness and
decency, and for the rejection of totalitarianism. If these principles are achieved, the
government is fine for Islam whatever its organizational form. The main concern of
religion should not be formal, and therefore the problematic of separation [of state and
religion] as it prevails in current readings does not pay enough attention to what I‟ve
mentioned. If you read Mohammad Baqr Sadr‟s “Succession of Man and the
Testimony of the Prophets” that my father wrote toward the end of his life, you will
find much of what I say and argue in this book. I believe that my martyred father had
a scientific, critical thought which was capable of reaching beyond itself, this is why
we see him going from the period of building a theory on shura, which is the period
that saw the founding of the [Daawa] party, to the adoption of the guardianship of the
jurist, which he was attentive to under the concept of good government to his proposal
in the “Succession of Man,” which I understand, together with his last statements, as
he called for elections and the arbitration of the nation, and the achievement of a state
of justice and equality. This is how I read the thought of my late father with the spirit

of today, as indeed was his method. My reading might be wrong, so what? Never have
reason or creativity stopped.

The concept of secularism faces in our societies deadlocks and historical and cultural
problems, even heavy psychological connotations. This is why I prefer to use in my
discourse the concept of „civil‟ (rather than secular), or „civil state,‟ which is the
formula closer to the German or British model in dealing with the state.
On current Iraqi politics
No doubt my relationship to Mr. Maliki is good. He knows that, and he also knows
that I am associated with the State of Law coalition to the extent of his commitment to
the slogans that he presented before the Iraqis. Politics does not rest on associations
and personal followings but on programs with provisional and long-term objectives.
In light of these conditions, a person may decide in this or that position.
For our good luck Iraq has a number of distinguished political leaders who have great
capacities to be prime minister, including Mr. Nouri Maliki, or the head of the Iraqi
list Dr. Ayad Allawi, or Dr. Adel Abdul Mahdi. There could be another person on the
scene from outside these names, but the person in charge will in any case have to
accept collective cooperation in decision making, the overview of Parliament and of
legal institutions, and the respect for law and the need to work with all components of
society to build a real partnership not only to face up to the present difficulties but
also to share the hopes of tomorrow. I do not think that Iraqis will accept, after their
bitter historic subjection to individual authoritarianism in power, or the rule of the
country by a single party, people in power who do not believe first and foremost in
the right of citizenship.
I believe that the exclusion of any component or name or thought or community in the
absolute is a decision which is illegal and violates democracy. This problem must be
addressed through the courts, because the judiciary is the constitutional institution that
is responsible for criminal accountability and for trying them if their guilt is proven. If
the political body takes on this role of exclusion it is wrong.
On Iraq and the US
We will be careful to establish excellent relations with the United States after the
withdrawal of American forces, whether in the economic, scientific, or cultural
sphere. No one can ignore the power and importance of the United States in today‟s
world, and the US has a moral obligation to compensate the Iraqi people for the
suffering endured during the occupation, the wars, and the tyranny (of the previous
regime), and do so by ensuring the success of our democratic experiment, and helping
us to improve services, sciences, culture, and even the security situation in Iraq.
As for security, the agreements reached with the United States are clear. There is a
timetable that the two parties have agreed to for the careful withdrawal of the troops.
This I think is mostly over but does not prevent the construction of a strong
relationship with the US in all the above fields.

The security agreements with the US were the right legal way to organize the relations
between the State of Iraq and American military presence. To that extent I believe that
the security agreement was a positive achievement.
Jaafar al-Sadr is an Iraqi MP. The excerpts are from an interview with Sayf al-
Khayyat in Ilaf on June 19. Chibli Mallat is Presidential Professor of law at the
University of Utah and the author of several books on Iraq, including on the thought
of the late Mohammad Baqer al-Sadr.

Chibli Mallat is The Daily Star law editor. He is Professor of Middle Eastern Law and
Politics at the University of Utah and EU Jean Monnet Professor of European Law at
Saint-Joseph’s University in Lebanon. His Introduction to Middle Eastern Law was
published at Oxford University Press.

• Upvote 1

2021-07-06 06:24

Shafaq News/ The Sadrist movement revealed today that meetings and discussions are ongoing to choose the candidates for the Prime Minister position.

Leader of the movement, Muhammad Rashak, told Shafaq News Agency, "It is still early to talk and research in this regard, but the Sadrist movement intends to take over the Premiership in the next stage."

"The movement has not chosen any candidate for this position yet, nor searched for the candidate's specifications. It is up when the parliamentary elections will be held."

Regarding the nomination of Jaafar al-Sadr as prime minister, Rashak said, "to my knowledge and according to my acquaintance with Jaafar al-Sadr, he suffered a lot from the regime of Saddam Hussein, and from the current regime as well, so he will refuse to be nominated."

The deputy, Faiq Sheikh Ali, wrote on his blog that the Sadrist movement's list would win the upcoming elections and would form a government headed by Jaafar al-Sadr.

Jaafar al-Sadr, son of the prominent Shiite religious leader, Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr, founder of the Dawa Party, and Iraq's ambassador in London, was nominated to form the government during past sessions.

• Upvote 1

Older Article as are the 2 post above 

Al-Sadr.. signs of disagreement in his family due to his contradictions

By
 MENA 
 -
مقتدى الصدر

Demonstrations continued in the Iraqi street, rejecting the assignment of “Muhammad Allawi” to head the next Iraqi government, asking him to resign and apologizing for accepting the mandate, at a time when some parties affiliated with the Iraqi militias loyal to Iran continued their attacks on the demonstrators, where an Iraqi security source exposed tents. The sit-in in Dhi Qar Governorate and 3 other tents in the center of the capital, Baghdad, for burning by unknown parties.

In addition, Iraqi activists accused Sadrists supporters of calling themselves “blue hats owners”, to continue attacking demonstrators in public squares and places, especially in the city of Najaf, after inviting the leader of the movement, “Muqtada al-Sadr,” to help them with the Iraqi security forces by breaking up The sit-ins, which prompted the demonstrators to launch a campaign of “red hats owners” on social media, to condemn the attacks of the Sadrist movement on them.

It appears that the Iraqi denunciation of the maliciousness of Muqtada al-Sadr’s actions and moves woven by Iran from afar, exceeded the reaction of the street to reach the same family, the Sadr family, which is classified as one of the oldest Arab Shi’ite families among religious references and whose political leader Muqtada al-Sadr himself claims.

With al-Sadr declaring quick support for choosing Allawi as prime minister, he tried through his blue hats to terrorize the masses and force them to accept the last character according to what many followers of Iraqi affairs see. “The founder of the Dawa Party and the cousin of Muqtada al-Sadr, he tweeted, criticizing the blue hats and supporting only the state and its hats.

Leak reveals Iran’s supervision on future Iraqi policymakers

Leaked Iranian intelligence documents revealed the extent of Iranian interference and penetration within the Iraqi regime and its decision-makers. The document shows the close relations between senior officials in Iraq and the Iranian authorities

%D8%AA%D8%B3%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A8-%D8%B3%D8

The controversy continued after that tweet, between denial and proof about the authenticity of the account in Twitter and the correctness of the Tweet “Jaafar Al-Sadr” with the creation of a second account with the same name that denies Twitter against the blue hats, so that the account returns and disappears, which increased the state of confusion in the media and press sites.

However, a source close to the Iraqi ambassador to London, Jaafar Al-Sadr, said yesterday, Tuesday, that unknown persons opened a fake account bearing his name on Twitter, and published a false denial there.

The source said in an interview with “Nass”, on February 4, 2020, that “unknown persons opened a false account on the tension in the name of Jaafar al-Sadr, and published a false denial therein.”

He explained, “Al-Sadr has not opened any new account on Twitter, and his old account is known, and he has follow-up of well-known religious and political figures, such as the prominent leader of the Sadrist movement, Ahmad al-Sadr.”

Ambassador Al-Sadr’s tweet received wide attention from followers in political circles and social media, while observers considered it a sign of disagreements within the Al-Sadr family regarding the position on the demonstrations and the controversy surrounding the role of the blue hats in it.

The source close to Jaafar al-Sadr said that the Iraqi ambassador in London was surprised by creating a new account in his name and publishing the denial therein, stressing that the new account was closed after reporting that he was a fraud.

But the source, in his interview with “Nass” agency, refused to comment on the position of Ja`far al-Sadr regarding the issue of the blue hats, or whether there were actually differences regarding it with the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, despite the many indications that support this trend.

Muhammad Ja`far al-Sadr is the only son of the religious authority, Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr, who founded the Islamic Dawa Party in 1957, and the cousin of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, born in Najaf 1970. He is married and has four daughters and two sons. He has a master’s degree in science Sociology of Knowledge, Lebanese University, Higher Diploma in Sociology, Lebanese University .. University degree in law and comparative jurisprudence, Islamic University of London .. Religious studies in Najaf and “Qom” .. Fluent in English, Persian and Persian languages. He was a Member of Parliament in 2010 and currently holds the position of Iraqi Ambassador to Britain.

• Upvote 1

A representative of the Sovereignty Alliance reveals the personality of the next prime minister

political05:37 - 11/03/2022

Baghdad - Mawazine News

The representative of the Sovereignty Alliance, Mishaan al-Jubouri, revealed, on Friday, the name of the next prime minister.
Al-Jubouri said in a tweet posted on his official account on Twitter and followed by Mawazine News, that "after Muqtada al-Sadr's contact with Mr. Nuri al-Maliki and what was leaked about the meeting of the leaders of the coordination framework, it has become almost certain that Mr. Jaafar al-Sadr, Iraq's ambassador in London, is the next prime minister." ".

• Upvote 2

Final agreement on the assumption of Jaafar Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr as prime minister

601 Policy 2022/03/11 17:55 if Baghdad today -

Baghdad Today, Friday, an informed source revealed the next prime minister, with the approval of the coordination framework and the Sadrist movement . The source told (Baghdad Today) that "it was agreed between the Sadrist movement and the coordination framework on Muhammad Jaafar Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr as prime minister." Today, Friday, an informed source revealed the details of the contact of the leader of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, with the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr. The source said to (Baghdad Today) that "the leader of the coalition of law enforcement, Nuri al-Maliki, contacted the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, after the framework meeting, and he valued al-Sadr's initiative and welcomed it," explaining that "Al-Maliki told al-Sadr that the first step is to announce the formation of the largest bloc between the Sadrist bloc and the coordination framework." ". He added, "Al-Maliki informed Al-Sadr of the decision of the coordination framework that he is open to Al-Sadr's initiative and will discuss all steps and names." He explained, "Al-Maliki also informed al-Sadr about discussing the nomination of Jaafar al-Sadr for prime minister after announcing the formation of the largest bloc between the coordination framework and the Sadrist bloc."

• Upvote 3

Al-Kazemi calls on political forces to protect the national track
12 March 2022

01:44 am
 2 minutes reading

4087163.jpeg?h=89d83fcf&itok=Zi249c92

Al-Kazemi chairs the Ministerial Council for National Security (archive)

Baghdad: «Al-Khaleej», agencies

Yesterday, Friday, Iraqi political sources confirmed that the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, nominated his cousin Jaafar al-Sadr to head the next government, amid reports that the "coordinating framework" forces did not object to this nomination, at a time when Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi stressed that the political forces Today, the parties that emerged from the democratic electoral process bear the responsibility of forming a government that will meet the requirements.

The sources stated that "Al-Sadr suggested the name of his cousin, who is Iraq's ambassador in London, to head the next government."

She added that «this proposal was put forward during his contact with the leader of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki». Al-Sadr's office said in a press statement, "The leader of the Sadrist movement made a group of phone calls to the leader of the Democratic Party, Massoud Barzani, the Speaker of Parliament, Muhammad al-Halbousi, the head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, and the head of the Sovereignty Alliance, Khamis al-Khanjar, to discuss some important issues related to with the current Iraqi situation. Jaafar al-Sadr is the son of the religious authority, Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr, who was executed in Iraq in 1980. Al-Sadr’s contact with al-Maliki is the first between them in more than ten years, as a rupture occurred between them when al-Maliki was prime minister in his second term 2010-2014.

Iraqi President Barham Salih valued the political initiative to overcome the state of obstruction and constitutional obstruction. Saleh said in a tweet to him on Twitter: "We highly value the political initiative to overcome the state of obstruction and constitutional obstruction."

He added, "Our duty is to support national efforts to meet the constitutional obligations and initiate the formation of a capable government that protects national security and serves citizens, responds to economic and living challenges and protects the country's sovereignty and stability in light of international changes."

According to Iraqi political sources, the nomination of Jaafar al-Sadr to head the government was welcomed by the "coordinating framework."

On the other hand, Al-Kazemi said in a tweet on Twitter: "We performed the duty for which we were called to serve the Iraqi people, and we did not hesitate, falter, or compromise at the expense of the national interest, and we did not put our interests ahead of the interests of our people, nor were we dragged into arguments and auctions." He added: "We brought the nation to free and fair elections and patiently laid the foundations for overcoming major economic, security and social crises, despite internal obstacles and external challenges. We returned dear Iraq to the regional and international communities, and opened the way to combat corruption and spoilers and restore the state from the clutches of non-state, and silenced terrorism, its cells and tails. With the determination of the heroes of our military, security and intelligence forces.”

• Thanks 1

The “political blockage” in Iraq overthrows the constitutional terms and threatens the cohesion of alliances

Amid Shiite forces' fear of Turkey's increasing influence
Saturday - 9 Sha'ban 1443 AH - 12 March 2022 AD Issue No. [15810]

1646930829201628400.jpg?itok=6P7XEUhd

The term “political blockage” is the last term circulating in Iraqi political circles since the results of the early legislative elections appeared during October 2021. The results of the elections shocked the Iraqi political forces, the winners and the losers. Most of the winners were surprised by their unexpected victory, and most of the losers were surprised by a loss they did not expect.

There are many reasons and factors behind this. While the winners did not search for how they achieved their seats, despite the fact that the votes they obtained were less than the votes of some of the losers who got more votes, but won fewer seats, a conspiracy theory emerged, in which it was said that regional and international forces participated in it in order to win a party. for the loss of a party.

Likewise, the analysis that was closer to logic and which says that the new election law enacted by the last Iraqi parliament and which adopts multiple districts and wins the highest votes is the reason for the discrepancy in results has not worked. Thus, those who handled the law intelligently through the candidates got higher seats with fewer votes and vice versa. However, this fact did not convince the objectors who slept on the street for more than two months as they submitted their appeals to the Federal Court.

ytmtyumstymtuutumyuyuy.jpg

Former President Masoud Barzani casting his vote in 2018 ... and Muqtada al-Sadr after casting his vote in the October 2021 elections (Reuters)

Objections to the results of the recent Iraqi legislative elections, and the sit-ins that followed, crept over the constitutional and legal periods for forming the government, starting with the election of the presidency of the parliament, then a new president of the republic, and the formation of the government through a candidate from the largest bloc.

The periods and dates have crawled over each other. After everything was scheduled to be resolved in late December 2021, the only thing that could be resolved so far is the election of the Speaker of Parliament during the session that was held during the month of February, and thus the two major contracts remained, namely the position of the President of the Republic and the Prime Minister. . Here, we mention that the most prominent reasons that called for early elections and the dismissal of the government of former Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi are the mass movement that began in October 2019, and led to the killing of more than 600 demonstrators and civil activists, and the wounding of more than 24 thousand. However, the outcome so far is that everyone is approaching the constitutional period for the end of the parliamentary session, which is next month. Consequently, the idea of early elections has been abandoned.

Not only that, but in light of the "political blockage", which is an alternative to the old term "bottleneck" that represented the case of previous bottlenecks, indications go to say, that even perhaps during the next two months it will not be possible to solve the "complex" of the presidency of the republic and then assign Prime Minister. Although this “blockage” is dominant over everything, including the alliances that were formed after the results of the elections, these alliances (in particular, the Triple Alliance and the Coordination Framework Alliance) have become threatened, as each of them will not be able to achieve its goal... Is it a national majority government... or a consensus government that accommodates all?

The complex of the Presidency of the Republic

in the context of what was known as the “post-2003 recipe”, which was and still is based on sectarian and ethnic quotas, the position of the President of the Republic has become for the Kurdish component, while the share of the Shiite component is the position of Prime Minister - which is the supreme executive authority in the country - while The Sunni component gets the position of parliament speaker.

During the first three terms that started from 2005 to 2014, not to mention the transitional period 2003-2004, the position of the President of the Republic was being rotated by the Kurds between the two main parties in the Kurdistan region, i.e. the Kurdistan Democratic Party led by Massoud Barzani and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan led by Jalal Talabani (died in 2013). When the National Union takes the position of the president of the republic, the party takes the main positions in the region, which are the presidency of the region and the presidency of the regional government. Indeed, this Kurdish-Kurdish “custom” continued, and did not constitute an obstacle at all to the rest of the constitutional entitlements until 2018. But before that, in 2014, after Talabani’s death, a kind of competition took place within the “Union” itself regarding the position between Dr. Barham Salih (the current president). Al-Gomhouria) Wad Fouad Masoum, the former president.

Then, during the fourth parliamentary session 2018, the first signs of a dispute over the position of President of the Republic emerged between the two major Kurdish parties, the “Party” and the “Union,” which forced them to enter with two candidates, Barham Salih (the current president) and Fouad Hussein, the current foreign minister. As for the reason for the dispute, the "party" rejected Saleh's candidacy for the position. As a result, despite the pledges given by many Shiite leaders to the leader of the "party", Saleh was able to win the position, obtaining a large majority in Parliament. As a consequence, Saleh went to the Peace Palace as President of the Republic, while Fuad Hussein was rewarded with the post of Minister of Foreign Affairs.

However, with the recent elections, the Kurdish-Kurdish dispute was entrenched, and the conflict within the “Kurdish House” intensified. The victory of the leader of the "Sadr movement" Muqtada al-Sadr and his bloc (the Sadrist bloc) with the highest votes in parliament (74 deputies) came as a surprise to his Shiite opponents from other forces. While al-Sadr seemed to insist on forming a national majority government, “neither eastern nor western,” the dispute aggravated between him and the Shiite “coordinating framework” forces, which includes the “Fatah” coalition led by Hadi al-Amiri, the “state of law” led by Nuri al-Maliki, and “Asaib.” » led by Qais Khazali, "state forces" led by Ammar al-Hakim, and "Victory" alliance led by Dr. Haider al-Abadi. Hence, this situation was reflected on the other "houses"...negatively for the Kurds and positively for the Sunni Arabs.

The impossible two-thirds majority

Muqtada al-Sadr's insistence on the tripartite alliance that he brought together with the Kurdistan Democratic Party led by Massoud Barzani and the "Sovereignty Alliance" led by Muhammad al-Halbousi, the speaker of parliament, and Khamis al-Khanjar, a businessman, complicated the problem of choosing the disputed Kurdish president. The most prominent reason for this was the inability to secure the two-thirds majority required to pass the election of the President of the Republic, according to the interpretation of the Federal Supreme Court.

Here, Massoud Barzani tried to resolve the crisis within the "Shiite House" in order to overcome the two-thirds obstacle, but he did not succeed. According to what Asharq Al-Awsat heard from an Iraqi politician, "Barzani's initiative, which was carried to the leader of the Sadrist movement by Nechirvan Barzani and Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi, was an attempt to break the ice twice, once between al-Sadr and al-Maliki, and once to dismantle the coordination framework." The politician continued, "The initiative included accepting al-Maliki and granting him the position of Vice President of the Republic, but the sharp intransigence towards al-Maliki led to the death of the initiative."

On the other hand, the coalition of opponents (the “Coordination Framework” and the “National Union”), and their candidate, the current president, Barham Salih, although they are not cohesive because they are not an official alliance, will face the same problem... that is, we cannot guarantee a two-thirds majority. Therefore, in comparison to what appears to be a Shiite-Shiite conflict and Kurdish-Kurdish intransigence, and in light of the impossibility of consensus between the two parties, it appears that the crisis is sustainable, especially with the birth of other crises, including the war in Ukraine and its various repercussions on Iraq under a “caretaker government.” Not fully empowered. Here, to clarify, the conflict is not between all the Shiites and all the Kurds, but between a section of the Shiites and a section of the Kurds, and the hardening is not between all the Kurds and all the Shiites, but between a section of the Kurds who reject each other with a section of the Shiites who do not accept them.

The Sunni House is unifying

On the other hand, within a few months, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was keen to meet the two most prominent Iraqi Sunni leaders (Muhammad al-Halbousi and Khamis al-Khanjar) twice. Both times were after the last parliamentary elections were held on October 10, 2021.

Al-Halbousi and Al-Khanjar did not live in the days of the great Sunni leaders who left Mashhad after 2003, or disappeared from it for one reason or another. None of those leaders were among the "founding fathers" of the post-Saddam Hussein regime, but the "founding fathers" of the regime were Shiites and Kurds only. Even when the “Governing Council” was formed, these founding fathers struggled to find Sunni leaders who could complete the scene of the new government called the “Governing Council” under American auspices and with the absolute leadership of the American civil ruler, Paul Bremer. At that time, building the new system required that it be based on ethnic and sectarian components (Shias, Sunnis and Kurds). But within a few years, the Shiite-Kurdish alliance began to crack due to differences over the implementation of the articles of the constitution, in particular, Articles 140 related to Kirkuk and the disputed areas and 111 related to oil and gas, as well as the method of power-sharing and other disputes.

Meanwhile, the roles of Sunni leaders, who emerged in the post-foundation period - such as Tariq al-Hashemi and Rafi al-Issawi, as well as Iyad al-Samarrai, the leader of the Islamic Party, Osama al-Nujaifi, the former parliament speaker, and Saleh al-Mutlaq - began to decline in various ways. Even Khaled al-Hashimi was prosecuted and is still sentenced to death in absentia outside Iraq, while Rafie al-Issawi is now following up on the pending cases regarding him... moving between investigation centers and the judiciary to prove his innocence. In 2013, huge demonstrations erupted in the western (Sunni) governorates of Iraq that lasted about a year before they were suppressed by the authorities at the time. Although the demonstrators presented demands that seemed legitimate, the authorities accused them at the time that ISIS was behind them.

At that time, the name of Muhammad al-Halbousi had not emerged, but the name of Khamis al-Khanjar, a businessman and one of the tribal sheikhs in Anbar Province, had emerged. In 2014, Al-Halbousi became a deputy in the Iraqi parliament and head of the Parliamentary Finance Committee. Then he left parliament to become the governor of Anbar. Then in 2018, he returned to parliament and became its speaker at the age of 37. At that time, he was not only the youngest speaker of parliament in the history of Iraq, but he also became one of the most prominent players in the country's political equation.

Meanwhile, the dagger was angry with a Shiite, before the scene changed after a short period of time to appear in a picture that seemed historical at the time with Nuri al-Maliki, Hadi al-Amiri and a number of the most prominent Shiite leaders. It seemed like washing an old history and resuming another.

For information, the relationship between Al-Halbousi and Al-Khanjar was not good, as a result of the struggle for influence in the western provinces. But after the 2021 elections, the scene completely changed with the change in results, and with it the roles of regional and international players. Likewise, Muqtada al-Sadr became a difficult figure. His prominence divided the "Shiite House" into two parts, the "Sadr movement" and the "coordinating framework."

Returning to the Kurds, whose positions were unified towards the center or Baghdad, the largest sovereign position for them (the Presidency of the Republic) dismantled their power because of their rivalry over it, which deprived them of their old role as a “huge egg”. While there is no longer a “historical alliance” between them and the Shiites, but has now been replaced by a kind of rivalry due to the Kurdistan Democratic Party’s violation of the rule of constancy of the component “houses” built by the founding fathers (Shiites and Kurds), the new situation has weakened the “Shiite house” and exacerbated the “Shiite house.” The Kurdish-Kurdish dispute.

Consequently, the scene in Ankara that brought together Al-Halbousi and the dagger - who appeared in one picture with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his intelligence director Fidan Haqan - was remarkable. Rather, it was "suspicious: for the Shiite forces. Here, political experts believe that Turkey has taken advantage of the decline in US-Iranian priorities regarding the Iraqi file, and was able to fill the void by unifying the Sunni house. On the other hand, the statements made by many Shiite leaders after the "quartet picture" in Ankara expressed fear that the Shiites would turn into a minority in the next government. This means, from the point of view of these leaders, that the Shiites will not be able to impose their desires in Parliament, and that Turkey will expand its influence and power with a large Sunni alliance, and a section of the Kurds may join it at a later stage.

• Thanks 1

Postponement of a meeting at the headquarters of the political body of the Sadrist movement

01:41
Postponement of a meeting at the headquarters of the political body of the Sadrist movement

Fourth - Baghdad

Today, Saturday, the Sadrist movement’s political body decided to postpone a meeting for it.

A source in the authority told Al-Rabaa, "The authority decided to postpone today's meeting until further notice."

The Sadrist movement was scheduled to hold a press conference today, after the rapprochement between the two leaders of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, and the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, and making mutual contacts to end the government formation crisis.

• Thanks 1

The Independent/- Politicians and observers of political affairs expressed their optimism that the blockage in the country's political process will break, following the phone call made by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, to the leader of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, which means that the ice has melted between the two parties and the possibility of moving forward with the process of selecting the president and forming the government. The upcoming elections, according to the constitutional entitlements, after long months of waiting, disagreements and anticipation.

The leader of the State of Law coalition, Sheikh Haider al-Lami, expected an upcoming meeting between al-Sadr and al-Maliki next Monday. “.

He added that "selecting the next prime minister needs time, since this issue is subject to accuracy and examination of the personalities that will be presented and their suitability to the requirements of the stage, components and parties," and stressed that "the coordinating framework, including the rule of law, insisted despite the pressures that everyone go unified to form the government and each according to its weight." Al-Lami praised the honorable role of the Federal Court, which gave strength and immunity to the political process.

In turn, Mahmoud al-Salami, a representative of the State of Law coalition, told Al-Sabah: "The political blocs are waiting for the largest Shiite component to agree to form a strong government that can get the citizen out of successive crises and address previous failures."

He pointed out that "the content of the contact between al-Sadr and al-Maliki was about overcoming the political blockage and the direction to form a government, starting with the issue of electing the president of the republic and then the prime minister and going to form a strong government capable of overcoming obstacles."

For his part, political analyst Jassim al-Moussawi stated that "His Eminence al-Sadr's move indicates that there are breakthroughs and doors have opened in the political process, especially since the past period was a period of political blockage and a message of hope for achieving political progress regarding the nomination of the presidents and ministers and the formation of the government."

In an interview with "Al-Sabah", he indicated that "political consensus will reach its extent and influence in resolving the knot that was standing in the way of the political process, especially if we talk about the Shiite house and the disagreement between the two views of the Sadrist movement and the coordination framework, which is a step in the right direction and has given hope. The political process is that the presidents of the republic and the ministers are elected, so there will be no problems in forming the next government, especially if we talk about two important poles in the political process: the current, represented by the person of Mr. Sadr, and the framework, represented by the person of Mr. Maliki.

Politicians from the Sunni and Kurdish components expressed their optimism after Muqtada al-Sadr's move to contact al-Maliki, al-Halbousi, and Massoud Barzani, and the Shiite coordinating framework forces held a meeting yesterday, Friday, at the home of the head of the Fatah Alliance Hadi al-Amiri, a day after al-Sadr's phone talks with al-Maliki.
  • Thanks 3

Baghdad: Muhannad Abd al-Wahhab
   Omar Abdul Latif

Politicians and observers of political affairs expressed their optimism that the blockage in the political process in the country will break out, after the phone call made by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, to the leader of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, which means that the ice has melted between the two parties and the possibility of proceeding with the process of selecting the President of the Republic and forming the next government according to the merits. Constitutional law after long months of waiting, disagreements and anticipation.
The leader of the State of Law coalition, Sheikh Haider al-Lami, expected an upcoming meeting between al-Sadr and al-Maliki next Monday, and said in an interview with "Al-Sabah": "The contacts that took place between Messrs. al-Sadr and al-Maliki were preceded by a process of hydrating the atmosphere for reassurances and distance away from previous differences."
He added that "selecting the next prime minister needs time, as this issue is subject to accuracy and examination of the personalities that will be presented and their suitability to the requirements of the stage, components and parties," and stressed that "the coordinating framework, including the rule of law, insisted, despite the pressures, that everyone go united to form the government and each according to its weight." El-Lami praised the honorable role of the Federal Court, which gave strength and immunity to the political process.
In turn, Mahmoud al-Salami, a representative of the State of Law coalition, told Al-Sabah: "The political blocs are waiting for the largest Shiite component to agree to form a strong government that can get the citizen out of successive crises and address previous failures."
He pointed out that "the content of the communication between al-Sadr and al-Maliki was about overcoming the political blockage and the direction to form a government, starting with the issue of electing the president of the republic and then the prime minister and going to form a strong government capable of overcoming obstacles." 
For his part, political analyst Jassim al-Moussawi stated that "His Eminence al-Sadr's move indicates that there are breakthroughs and doors have opened in the political process, especially since the past period was a period of political blockage and a message of hope for achieving political progress regarding the nomination of the presidents and ministers and the formation of the government." 
In an interview with "Al-Sabah", he indicated that "political consensus will reach its extent and impact in resolving the knot that was standing in the way of the political process, especially if we talk about the Shiite house and the disagreement between the two views of the Sadrist movement and the coordination framework, which is a step in the right direction and has given hope. The political process is that the presidents of the republic and ministers are elected, so there will not be any problems in forming the next government, especially if we talk about two important poles in the political process: the current, represented by the person of Mr. Sadr, and the framework, represented by the person of Mr. Maliki. 
Politicians from the Sunni and Kurdish components expressed their optimism after Muqtada al-Sadr's move to contact al-Maliki, al-Halbousi, and Massoud Barzani, and the Shiite coordinating framework forces held a meeting yesterday, Friday, at the home of the head of the Fatah Alliance Hadi al-Amiri, a day after al-Sadr's phone talks with al-Maliki.

Editing: Muhammad Al-Ansari

Member of the Law: Initial approval for the nomination of Jaafar al-Sadr, but preceded by the announcement of the largest bloc

{Political: Al Furat News} A member of the State of Law Coalition revealed that the framework forces had expressed their initial approval for the nomination of Jaafar al-Sadr for prime minister.

Wael Al-Rikabi told {Euphrates News} that "the framework forces have expressed semi-preliminary approval of the candidate of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada Al-Sadr, for Ambassador Jaafar Al-Sadr for the position of Prime Minister of the new government, but the largest Shiite bloc in Parliament must be announced, and then the prime minister will emerge from it." .

Al-Rikabi denied the news about the names of the heads of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, being proposed to be a deputy prime minister in the next government.

It is noteworthy that successive political developments witnessed by the Iraqi scene during the past 24 hours after the phone call between Mr. Al-Sadr and Al-Maliki and the meeting of the Coordinating Framework Forces at the home of the head of the Al-Fateh Alliance Hadi Al-Amiri to discuss the details of this contact.

Sources report that a meeting will be held between the Coordinating Framework Forces and Mr. Al-Sadr in Baghdad next week in efforts to resolve the current crisis and break the political deadlock.

Jaafar al-Sadr is the son of the martyred religious authority, the Great Ayatollah Sayyid Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr (the first), who was executed by the tomb Saddam regime on April 9, 1980, along with his Alawite sister Amna (Bint al-Huda), and he currently holds the position of the Iraqi ambassador in London.

Raghad Daham

Deputy for Law: The next step is to form the largest bloc between the framework and the current

{Political: Al Furat News} The deputy of the State of Law coalition, Muhammad Al-Sihoud, revealed today, Saturday, the details of the contact that took place the day before yesterday, Thursday, between Mr. Al-Sadr and Nuri Al-Maliki.

Chihod told {Euphrates News} that "the communication of Mr. Al-Sadr and Al-Maliki is an advanced positive step in thawing the ice between the coordination framework and the Sadrist movement," noting that "through this communication, the resident moved and we left the blockage in the political process." 

He revealed that "a new phase of dialogues has begun to reach the most numerous parliamentary bloc," stressing that "the next step will be the formation of the largest parliamentary bloc with the participation of the framework and the current." 

He added, "Maybe there will be a meeting of the coordination framework and the Sadrist movement, to determine the tracks for the next stage," pointing out that "it is not important to determine the location of the meeting as much as the meeting itself, and it may be at the level of the leaders of the two parties."

The PUK welcomes the convergence of views between the framework and the current

{Political: Al Furat News} The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan bloc welcomed today, Saturday, the recent political steps and the convergence of views between the coordination framework and the Sadrist movement in order to form the next government.

A leader in the Union, Mahmoud Khoshnaw, told {Euphrates News} that "the last political step is welcomed by the union, and we believe that these steps are positive, and from the first moment the Kurdistan Union worked on that, as it did not participate in the parliament session (in protest) against the lack of convergence of the coordination framework and the current chest". 

Khonshaw stressed, "Achieving a rapprochement between the framework and the current is a victory for the vision of the union. From the first moment, he worked to find a rapprochement between the views because the constitutional texts and legal steps must be achieved."

And he continued: "As for the Kurdish House, the Union did not compete with the Democratic Party for positions, as it wanted to take possession of positions through its alliance." 

He pointed out that "they should ask why you took this non-positive step that harmed the Kurdish house, and they should return to reality, rationality and logicality and stop this thing, so that we can achieve the same thing that was achieved in the Shiite house."