Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Monday Morning Opinions @ 10:15 AM CDT - 4/06/2021

ronscarpa

Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. :twothumbs:RON

*** Frank26  Aren't you impressed, now I know it's not signed but...we have a budget.  Do you realize that we've never had a budget since 2003 when we went in there to rescue them.  There was no budget.  Why?  There was no need.  Why?  There was no new rate.  Now all of sudden we have a new budget for the very first time.  The president is about to sign it.  It's about to come in and bring in the white papers.  Don't you just find it delicious..:shrug:?

***** From Monday 4/05/2021 *****

*** MilitiaMan  Article: "The currency auction stops for a week as a result of banks’ fear of changing the dollar’s price"  They have enough dollar reserves to get them through until a new exchange rate is applied, hence the fear of buying now. We have been told that this would happen in the past. They told us dollars will get scarce before the new dollar will be used again. So by staying out of the market reduces risk.  With all the international contracts coming in, they’ll need an international exchange rate applied for to facilitate the foreign exchange with freedom of capital. They also note that the budget will be applied in a timely manner while dealing with the exchange rate. All within this week or so...(post 1 of 2).. 

*** MilitiaMan  Will that rate leak out, maybe not? We shall see. There were articles to support that an exchange rate change is coming. The citizens are getting hammered in respect to goods services, pricing, etc...So, I feel comfortable knowing that the fear of the buying the dollar is a sign of a big change thus the closure of the auction. No one wants to be holding the bag and be on the wrong side of a trade with a big move expected to come.. That can be disastrous in magnitude...Therefore, the planning had to be done down to the wire and that wire got started Wednesday of last week so they say... 03/31/2021.  Let’s see what the next 24-96 hours brings!! Real close anyway!! imo, it shall be interesting to say the least! Imo...(post 2 of 2).. 

*** Pimpy   ...there is a lot of chitter chatter going on with these middle eastern countries...there's some concern about the current administration being in there...what they hope doesn't happen is the same thing that happened under the O---- administration ...while the United States is having dialogue and meetings with Iraq at the same time they are also negotiating with Iran on their nuclear deal...I'm thinking that a lot of these countries over there...want some type of reassurance...

*** Kaperoni  ...There is no RV, it's not how monetary policy works. All you have to do is read the IMF Article IV Consultation with Iraq to know there is no RV or change in the exchange rate expected...I assure you they'll be no change in the exchange rate in April, for that matter the entire year...:facepalm1:

*** Pimpy  ...It seems like every single day the exchange rate is in the news for one reason or another...just be careful about how you're reading these things...all it is simplified is they're trying to stop using dual currencies.  Just use the Iraqi dinar to help strengthen the dinar...I really strongly still feel that the rate will change before the end of the year...:confused2:

:salute:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

I actually *sort of* agree with Kaperoni, except that there will be a change from 1450-ish back to 1120-30-ish, I'm guessing right after Ramadan. Beyond that, I want to see conclusive evidence that the National Oil Company (HCL) Law has been submitted and passed before I'll spend any time worrying about "our" RV.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Exactly what I remember too. 👍🏻

its was supplementary budget that was always postponed. and then due to low oil prices was scrapped now its back again.  as i have said one is for general budget which always manages to pass and a supplementary budget!!!!!

• Thanks 1