Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Second quarter GDP

The week’s biggest economic report is almost here.

And that is the first estimate of economic growth in the second quarter of 2018, which will be released at the bottom of the hour.

Economists polled by Bloomberg expected the report to show the economy grew at an annualized rate of 4.2% in the second three months of the year. This would be more than double the rate of growth seen in the first quarter of the year.

If this forecast proves right, the second quarter will mark the best quarter for economic growth since 2014.

In an interview with Fox Business on Thursday, Larry Kudlow, President Donald Trump’s chief economic advisor, said, “You’re going to get a very good economic growth number tomorrow. Big.”

Given the administration’s history with playing fast and loose with teasing upcoming economic data they have already seen, some may view Kudlow’s comments as a sign Friday’s GDP figures may top expectations. 

Recall that before the June jobs report, Trump essentially leaked what turned out to be a strong jobs number in a tweet. And speaking at an event on Thursday, Trump said of the GDP number, “If it has a 4 in front of it, we’re happy.”

Joe Lavorgna, chief economist of the America at Natixis, said in a note Thursday that he expects GDP grew at an annualized rate of 4.7% in the second quarter with consensus indicating a year-on-year increase in real GDP of 3.1%. This would mark the fastest year-on-year growth rate since 2015.

But Lavorgna adds that after that high water mark three years ago, growth quickly decelerated. Now, however, the passage of tax cuts and the impacts of deregulation are likely to keep economic growth accelerating in the quarters ahead.

This is likely to please the president.

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The second quarter was big for the U.S. economy.

In the second quarter the U.S. economy grew at an annualized rate of 4.1%, more than double the 2% growth rate seen to start the year but less than expected by economists.

Economists polled by Bloomberg expected the report to show the economy grew at an annualized rate of 4.2% in the second three months of the year.

This marks the fastest pace of growth for the U.S. economy in any quarter since the third quarter of 2014.

In an interview with Fox Business on Thursday, Larry Kudlow, President Donald Trump’s chief economic advisor, said, “You’re going to get a very good economic growth number tomorrow. Big.”

And indeed, Kudlow was correct.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Pretty awesome considering this came from a president you think it's going off the rails. It must hurt awful bad to realize no matter how much you bad-mouth this man he just rises above it everyday. Sucks to be you

Not really. Like Obama inherited Bush's debacle, Trump inherited Obama's economic success... You did read this was the best number since 2014? You know the economic turnaround that began in 2009.

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Not really. Like Obama inherited Bush's debacle, Trump inherited Obama's economic success... You did read this was the best number since 2014? You know the economic turnaround that began in 2009.

B/A

Lay down the crack pipe and take 3 steps back, eveyting is gonna be airee. 

58 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Dude some of these people just hate everything... What a sad way to live.

B/A

There you go with the projection again. 

SAD

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Lay down the crack pipe and take 3 steps back, eveyting is gonna be airee. 

There you go with the projection again. 

SAD

Oh, Oh, LadyGrace'sDaddy, the ankle biters are chomping hard at the heels TODAY!!!

:lmao:       :lmao:       :lmao:

I am honored to see YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy, soldier on as a once and always The United States Marine!!!

:salute:      :salute:       :salute:

I'll do what I can to stand with YOU, LadyGrace'sDaddy, AND get YOUR six!!!

:tiphat:       :tiphat:       :tiphat:

“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason.” 
 Thomas Paine, Common Sense

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2548496-common-sense

Elitist Socials Liberal Leftists - When Will They Ever Learn, "Time Makes More Converts Than Reason" To Rightly Discharge Their Superficial Appearance Of Being Right???!!!

:shakehead:               :shakehead:               :shakehead:

:facepalm2:       :facepalm2:       :facepalm2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

So are you saying there hasn't been a bull market since 2009 or that the GDP didn't hit 4% in 2014? I'm just wondering if you think those statistics are fake.

B/A

Here comes the myth that the 2014 numbers reflect the time when people just stopped looking for jobs and therefore are not included in the count......wait for it....:lol:

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Oh, Oh, LadyGrace'sDaddy, the ankle biters are chomping hard at the heels TODAY!!!

:lmao:       :lmao:       :lmao:

Thank You, Red Rubymeisters, for the Red Ruby Citations for "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" since they are Badges Of Honor for ME and shows ME the ankle biters You REALLY ARE even though I am standing with AND for an esteemed DinarVets Poster!!!

:twothumbs:       :twothumbs:       :twothumbs:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

The second quarter was big for the U.S. economy.

In the second quarter the U.S. economy grew at an annualized rate of 4.1%, more than double the 2% growth rate seen to start the year but less than expected by economists.

Economists polled by Bloomberg expected the report to show the economy grew at an annualized rate of 4.2% in the second three months of the year.

This marks the fastest pace of growth for the U.S. economy in any quarter since the third quarter of 2014.

And indeed, Kudlow was correct.

Nice read B/A. Thxs for bringing it. The Ruby is a bit odd though. Helped take away the sting abit for you, syn and shabs.

Morning DV'ers. Have a good day.

pp

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

So are you saying there hasn't been a bull market since 2009 or that the GDP didn't hit 4% in 2014? I'm just wondering if you think those statistics are fake.

The stock market has nothing to do with GDP. Stocks are not a domestic product they are an investment. And no I'm not going to say that it is a myth what happened in 2014 during only one quarter. It was widely reported in both the liberal news and Fox News that the result came from the expansion of government. You cannot claim 1/4 as a result of what's been happening for the last year-and-a-half. The combined average of GDP under Barack Hussein Obama, was only 1.8%.

And I would like to remind you that the reason the stock market kept doing so well under Obama was because of all the quantitative easing. He kept printing money like it was candy and using it to buy derivatives in the stock market to make it look as if it was doing fine.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

Nice read B/A. Thxs for bringing it. The Ruby is a bit odd though. Helped take away the sting abit for you, syn and shabs.

Morning DV'ers. Have a good day.

pp

:twothumbs: Thank You, PokerPlayer, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

P.S. I am still out of emeralds so please accept ++++++++++++++++++++++ for now and I'll be back later to give You some when I am restocked!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I got negged for the news the economy is good.... Shabs was that you? LOL

Surely a Trump supporter wouldn't neg this.

B/A

Haters will be haters no matter what...I know something about it myself.....

No sense trying to get into their twisted effing reasoning

• Upvote 1