Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Second White House official resigns amid domestic violence accusations

A second White House official has resigned amid accusations of domestic violence, according to a report by The Washington Post

Speechwriter David Sorensen resigned Friday, just days after staff secretary Rob Porter quit amid abuse accusations in two prior marriages

Sorensen's ex-wife reportedly accused him of being violent and emotionally abusive, which he vehemently denied. 

Jessica Corbett described their chaotic marriage to The Post, including allegations that Sorensen ran over her foot with a car, put out a cigarette on her hand and threw her into a wall. 

She also gave the newspaper photos of the injuries to her hand from the cigarette, adding she told the FBI about the incidents when they spoke to her about her husband's security clearance.

Sorensen denied the claims and, instead, said he was victim of Corbett's abuse, which he said included fights and punching, according to The Post.

They were reportedly married for more than two years.

Porter resigned Wednesday in the aftermath of his two ex-wives describing his alleged abuse. The reports also included a photo showing one of his exes with a black eye.  

Porter also denied the allegations but questions have lingered about why he was able to keep his job even after the allegations reportedly surfaced.

America's house is quickly earning a new name... The Wifebeaters House..... Nice..

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Indraman said:

If this is the best that they got, pretty sad state of affairs for the attempted coup on the President...just saying.

Indy 

Seriously dude, you have to ask... Aren't they vetting these people? The issue is these guys are standing next to the president and are open to blackmail.. That is a serious problem for any leader, government, business or whatever. You can't have this vulnerability running rampant. JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Seriously dude, you have to ask... Aren't they vetting these people? The issue is these guys are standing next to the president and are open to blackmail.. That is a serious problem for any leader, government, business or whatever. You can't have this vulnerability running rampant. JMHO

B/A

Did you ever once ask this question for Hillarious and Uma Abedine? Weiner-Gate? I don't recall you ever raising this concern for Hillarious...just saying.

Indy

• Upvote 1

Just to keep it fair and balanced, how about we talk about the 3 Top Justice Department Officials who have resigned in the last 2 weeks.   Seems to me the swamp is getting drained on both sides of the isle.  I want to see some jail time for all these golden parachuters who are resigning, but only after they have had their day in court and found to be guilty.  A lot of careers are being ruined on allegations.  

• Thanks 1

Nstool1... Yup EX's have been know to bend stories... 

Indy.... Clinton isn't in The White House..

Now let me ask you guys. If some dude is beating up on your sister are you cool with that? Do you think you would go drink a beer with him or give him a job?

It doesn't matter if you work in a gas station, a bank, a grocery store, if you know the guy next to you is beating his wife, are you going to think he is okay? Because someone beats their wife, that doesn't mean they can not be good at doing their job. They might do an excellent job, but they have a brain issue. Something is not right and needs to be addressed. People like that can also be astute at putting up a good front. Others may never think "he could be capable of such things"... That is part of the sickness. Most serial killers often lead others to believe they are good people, that is part of the Schizophrenia 

Personally I think any guy who beats a woman has a very week personality. A weak mind. I don't think that person is trustworthy or should be given a pass. There is no excuse, no rationalizing, no other way to look at it other than that person is weak. If someone like that admits to their problem and seeks help, to me that would be a step in the right direction. 

As for anyone who has seen proof of his abuse saying he's a good guy, they should seriously be searching their soul. If he is beating his spouse he is not a good guy. Add to the fact these guys are working inside The White House, one has to ask, how does this happen?

JMHO

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Just to keep it fair and balanced, how about we talk about the 3 Top Justice Department Officials who have resigned in the last 2 weeks.   Seems to me the swamp is getting drained on both sides of the isle.  I want to see some jail time for all these golden parachuters who are resigning, but only after they have had their day in court and found to be guilty.  A lot of careers are being ruined on allegations.  

No doubt, we live in the information age and all these things that used to get swept under the rug are now in plain view. We live in an age of zero privacy. I think many of these criminals are going to go down. One thing I find hard to understand is that these people who have put us in this police state do not realize it is watching them too... 

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Nstool1... Yup EX's have been know to bend stories... 

Indy.... Clinton isn't in The White House..

Now let me ask you guys. If some dude is beating up on your sister are you cool with that? Do you think you would go drink a beer with him or give him a job?

It doesn't matter if you work in a gas station, a bank, a grocery store, if you know the guy next to you is beating his wife, are you going to think he is okay? Because someone beats their wife, that doesn't mean they can not be good at doing their job. They might do an excellent job, but they have a brain issue. Something is not right and needs to be addressed. People like that can also be astute at putting up a good front. Others may never think "he could be capable of such things"... That is part of the sickness. Most serial killers often lead others to believe they are good people, that is part of the Schizophrenia 

Personally I think any guy who beats a woman has a very week personality. A weak mind. I don't think that person is trustworthy or should be given a pass. There is no excuse, no rationalizing, no other way to look at it other than that person is weak. If someone like that admits to their problem and seeks help, to me that would be a step in the right direction. 

As for anyone who has seen proof of his abuse saying he's a good guy, they should seriously be searching their soul. If he is beating his spouse he is not a good guy. Add to the fact these guys are working inside The White House, one has to ask, how does this happen?

JMHO

B/A

I am not cool with anyone beating up on anyone...man, woman or non-binary (had to get that one in there). The problem is that we have become a society where just an accusation is now deemed "fact" and I am still under the belief that you are innocent until proven guilty. There are always two sides to every story. If there are "wife beaters" in the WH, then get them out.

I just find it interesting that the biggest corruption story since Watergate is right before us and this is the news of takes importance on the front pages of the POST. I dare you to find one article from the POST calling out the DOJ, the FBI, and the prior administration for spying on this administration.

Sorry B/A for taking my frustrations out on you...I have just reached the breaking point for the way things have gone and continue to go in this country.

Indy

• Upvote 1

I have zero tolerance for physical abuse. If he is found guilty, bury him. 

Until then he gets to have his day in court.

If he was reported and the FBI vetted him, my question is so???

And just because H is not in the WH does not give her a free pass to criminal wrong doing she did as a candidate or SEC of STATE.

This kind of thinking just reinforces the idea that the rich and politicians are above the law and the common guy gets the shaft.

14 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

And just because H is not in the WH does not give her a free pass to criminal wrong doing she did as a candidate or SEC of STATE.

This kind of thinking just reinforces the idea that the rich and politicians are above the law and the common guy gets the shaft.

I totally agree, she is a crooked as they come, and should be prosecuted. But all the Trump backers need to face reality, he is not managing his administration very well. They need to stop looking the other way. He is leaking integrity  like an old wooden bucket. JMHO

B/A 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

His backers need to stop looking the other way. They need to call him out for his lack of truthfulness. He isn't any different the rest of the politicians. He just cut our nation's income and increased spending. It is the exact opposite of what he campaigned on. Now if he had cut income and cut spending I would believe he was making the tough choices we need our government to make. If he would let go of his ego and not react to everything he doesn't like and focus on his job I think many of those who oppose him would change their minds. But as long as he acts like a spoiled little kid, he will not succeed. His need to exaggerate stupid things that don't matter, like he had the biggest crowd at his inauguration, or the highest rating for his SOTU speech is nothing but fodder for the media. And in reality, no one cares about those things except him. Big crowds or big TV audiences mean nothing to most Americans. He is leaking integrity  like an old wooden bucket. JMHO

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

BA, I have to say I agree with what you said. He IS shooting himself in the foot when he concentrates on the trivial BS. He will not get credit for the job he is doing as long as he continues this. The left will NEVER give him credit, but the independents and average Joes would. But he will never get any positive press from the DemoRat controlled Lying Lame Stream Media no matter what he does or doesn't do. They suffer from TDS.

• Thanks 1

I have found that for every person who believes there is a conspiracy there is some one who will deny it with as much fervor.

I have also found that there is usually a speck of truth to conspiracies. 

I have heard people call conspiracy theorists , whack, delusional, nut cases and many more. 

When you point fingers at people there are usually 3 more pointing back at you.  

Just an observation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1