Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dave Ramsey said....

ROACH

Dave Ramsey is a guy who repeats himself thousands of times because he is paid $500,000 a year to say what he says. He went bankrupt 2 times that I know of and now he is a financial guru. I guess you learn from your mistakes and just happen to be in the right place at the right time...

basiclly that we were all idiots for investing in a currency backed by such an unstable country.

Well lets prove him wrong!

This coming from a guy that thinks it is smart to pay cash for a car....really?! A car will surely depreciate, how could the dniar be worth anything less? It will be worth something someday, hopefully sooner than later.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

There's and old saying --- NEVER TAKE FINANCIAL ADVICE FROM SOMEONE WHO "WORKS FOR MONEY" --- INSTEAD TAKE ADVICE FROM SOMEONE WHOSE "MONEY WORKS FOR THEM" --- think about it --- makes sense. Dave Ramsey is on the payroll like the rest of US.

Edited by EBJNYC
  • Upvote 3

If it weren't for Dave Ramsey's principles (get out of debt, have savings, invest, etc.), I wouldn't have had the money to put into Dinars. I believe he's very good for the financially-illiterate Americans who think a credit card is "free money." While I believe he's wrong on the Dinar, I believe he's right on quite a few other personal finance matters.

• Upvote 5

There's and old saying --- NEVER TAKE FINANCIAL ADVICE FROM SOMEONE WHO "WORKS FOR MONEY" --- INSTEAD TAKE ADVICE FROM SOMEONE WHOSE "MONEY WORKS FOR THEM" --- think about it --- makes sense. Dave Ramsey is on the payroll like the rest of US.

I really like that!!!!

Makes sense!

Thanks for the post.

• Upvote 1

This coming from a guy that thinks it is smart to pay cash for a car....really?! A car will surely depreciate, how could the dniar be worth anything less? It will be worth something someday, hopefully sooner than later.

Really ... your car depreciates either way ... the dif is when you pay cash its yours ... when you finance, it still depreciates and you end up UPSIDE down, and for millions of americans who have been hit in this recession they are losing their arses... they now owe banks for cars they already picked up ... Cash and Carry is a very smart way to live!! If you own your car, house, outrite and troubled times hit, you still have a roof over your head and a way to go out and look for a new job!! Now this does not mean I a a Ramsey fan by any means lol just this one point take care :)

dave ramsey's advice on debt elimination is great for many ppl, maybe his investing advice is a lil sketchy(but most likely just more conservative), after listening to his show and reading a few books he has great advice and knowledge on financial security. to the guy who bashed dave ramsey about his advice on buying a car i side with jimanita lol. its tough to judge you wetgravity seeing as i dont personally know you but im willing to bet your paying for your car monthly like most other ppl, and like most other ppl by the time you pay that car off it will be worth nothing so youll trade it in just to have never ending car payments. so while you keep throwing your hard earned money away at a car monthly (plus interest charges) your vehicle is over time greatly decreasing in value and your losing money to interest. if you would have payed for it in cash up front all that money you didnt lose out to interest over an average 4 year loan(im sure around 7% maybe even higher) you could have bought a lot more dinar. just my opinion, not that its even worth 2 cents lol.

either way ill take the risks involved investing in the dinar :) dave ramsey is a great advisor to stay away from horrible credit card debt, however this has nothing to do with debt problems so to me his opinion doesn't really matter :)

go rv! (how awesome would it be to rv while im on vacation hehe)

I spent on Dinar what I would have spent on a handful of nights on the town...that's it. I knew going in that it had the possibility of never going up (even though I think it will). But I didn't put myself in a bind buying this stuff and didn't take money out of savings t do it, so there isn't much down side...but a huge upside potential.

Don't invest money you would put into savings or use to pay bills...don't over invest in it and you will be fine. IMHO!!

GO RV!!!

• Upvote 1

I spent on Dinar what I would have spent on a handful of nights on the town...that's it. I knew going in that it had the possibility of never going up (even though I think it will). But I didn't put myself in a bind buying this stuff and didn't take money out of savings t do it, so there isn't much down side...but a huge upside potential.

Don't invest money you would put into savings or use to pay bills...don't over invest in it and you will be fine. IMHO!!

GO RV!!!

I did the same. Good advice.

well crap...so much for this dinar thing.

LMAO........I was thinking the same, so because he said it, it is so.......bummer, and I was hoping it would make us a little money......dang! Actually I have never heard of Dave whatever his name is and could give a rats patootie about what he says....lol, thanks for the post!

Dave Ramsey probably hold more dinar than all of us put together, just doesnt admit to it...

Dave Ramsey is a simple man with a simple message.."Debt is Bad". Guess what, he is partially right.

It is clear most Americans are way too over leveraged in debt which puts them in a very precarious position.

It is irresponsible of any adult, especially parents to put themselves into a position like that and putting your families welfare at risk.

I am in the financial services industry and I can't tell you how many people lives I have seen ruined by debt....

But getting out of debt is only part of the answer. Ask yourself this question.... what happens after I get myself out of debt? Remember this is not an all or nothing proposition either. You can get ahead of your debt and ask the next question, what can I do with this extra money to help myself get out of debt faster....now you are starting to think like a wealthy person.

There is also a notion of good debt but don't be fooled. This can be a very slippery slope too. I know a CPA whose net worth was well over $8M. He was fully leveraged with "Good Debt" per all the real estate books. He lost it all when the market crashed recently. He now lives in a little apartment up in Scottsdale. How the mighty have fallen.

There are many new strategies for getting out of debt, protecting your assets, minimizing taxation and growing your money safely and steadily. Do your homework or shortly after getting your Dinar fortune, it will be gone and you'll be right back where you started, maybe even in a worse place.

Be smart, start now....when the RV happens you will be in a panic.

Jeffrey

Really ... your car depreciates either way ... the dif is when you pay cash its yours ... when you finance, it still depreciates and you end up UPSIDE down, and for millions of americans who have been hit in this recession they are losing their arses... they now owe banks for cars they already picked up ... Cash and Carry is a very smart way to live!! If you own your car, house, outrite and troubled times hit, you still have a roof over your head and a way to go out and look for a new job!! Now this does not mean I a a Ramsey fan by any means lol just this one point take care :)

The point is, smart people with money use other people's money to buy things that depreciate because it's uncertain to what extent that asset will depreciate. If you know something will appreciate, why would you not invest in it, but pay cash for something you know will?

• Downvote 1

basiclly that we were all idiots for investing in a currency backed by such an unstable country.

Well lets prove him wrong!

dang (not dong) I llike Dave Ramsey...his save it up to spend it..his debt elimination snowball....and his don't live above your means philosophies have helped my family and my kids families out a lot.

He gives good advise mostly. He is a little brash...cus brash sells! I don't look to him for investment advise....or for marriage advise...or for advise on what to read.....I took his advise on what he's good at...getting out of and living with out debt. Even FRANK says to not spend money on the dinar that you have to borrow...(i.e. Ali's lay a way)

it's so easy to ridicule what you don't know about.....opinions are like , well...noses....everybody has one. Dave has his....and I think he's wrong here.

If it weren't for Dave Ramsey's principles (get out of debt, have savings, invest, etc.), I wouldn't have had the money to put into Dinars. I believe he's very good for the financially-illiterate Americans who think a credit card is "free money." While I believe he's wrong on the Dinar, I believe he's right on quite a few other personal finance matters.

Trouble with all that is, just because you get paid to state the obvious about dealing with monthly finances, what part of that makes you the authority on foreign currency? Maybe Dave is getting too big for his britches. He probably has some to.

Edited by smittyffcfd