Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bye Bye ISIS In Afghanistan!!!

Synopsis

So, ISIS, take that for taking the life of an American Special Forces person! More to plaster your remains all over the place to come!!! You're not ready. Really.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-drops-mother-of-all-bombs-in-afghanistan-marking-weapons-first-use/ar-BBzOoMc?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, Flash101 said:

+1  Synopsis Trump is only doing what shoulda been done 8yrs ago.

:twothumbs::bravo::cheesehead:

Yep, I agree Flash101!

I wonder what other parts of the world will get their notice? If we move west to east from Syria then Afghanistan then nominally equidistant to ...................another festering pimple on the hide of humanity.

I will be praying for all our service personnel for safety, security, swiftness, and quick success in their missions so they return home safe and whole!

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Yep, I agree Flash101!

I wonder what other parts of the world will get their notice? If we move west to east from Syria then Afghanistan then nominally equidistant to ...................another festering pimple on the hide of humanity.

I will be praying for all our service personnel for safety, security, swiftness, and quick success in their missions so they return home safe and whole!

I agree w/u Bud. The only thing I regret is that the MOAB shoulda been painted in PIG BLOOD

:cisole: :cheesehead:

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Flash101 said:

I agree w/u Bud. The only thing I regret is that the MOAB shoulda been painted in PIG BLOOD

:cisole: :cheesehead:

Yeah, Flash101, and had all kinds of pig blood soaked shrapnel, too! No virgins for those dudes! Or any semblance of their paradise whatsoever for that matter!

Yep. I like your idea!

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

I wonder what size crater that thing left and is there any video of that thing exploding? :confused2:

I wonder what kind of wave propagation that bomb has. Apparently, we have a thermobaric bomb of some sort especially designed to take out enemy combatants in vast tunnel complexes. Even though there may be a crater, etc left, the real capability of the bomb devastation with regard to the toll on the enemy combatants in the tunnel complex may never be known. We'll likely never see 'em either.

If interested, here is some additional footage.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/politics/afghanistan-isis-moab-bomb/

More footage:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/politics/afghanistan-isis-moab-bomb/

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Yep, I agree Flash101!

I wonder what other parts of the world will get their notice?

Let's hope it's not Cleveland, or Denver, or Springfield, or your neighbors. Being world police is never a good idea. I'm surprised no one has figured that out. It's kinda like the gangs in town or the mob in the city... Let them take each other out. Don't make yourself their common enemy. ISIS and Al-Qaida and other terror groups would kill each other if we didn't give them a common cause. This is basic phycology.

Bin Laden said it in an interview once. The reason they hate us is because we put troops in Saudi Arabia in the 70's. That was motivated by pure greed, there were no national security issues. Hell we financed Al-Qaida to get them rolling....

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

US drops largest ever non-nuclear bomb on Isis affiliate in Afghanistan, military says

GBU-43/B, known as the ‘mother of all bombs’, dropped for the first time, to target ‘tunnel complex’ used by Islamic State in Khorosan

Spencer Ackerman in New York and Sune Engel Rasmussen in Kabul

Thursday 13 April 2017 18.30 BST

Vid & pics in link

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/13/us-military-drops-non-nuclear-bomb-afghanistan-islamic-state

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Let's hope it's not Cleveland, or Denver, or Springfield, or your neighbors. Being world police is never a good idea. I'm surprised no one has figured that out. It's kinda like the gangs in town or the mob in the city... Let them take each other out. Don't make yourself their common enemy. ISIS and Al-Qaida and other terror groups would kill each other if we didn't give them a common cause. This is basic phycology.

Bin Laden said it in an interview once. The reason they hate us is because we put troops in Saudi Arabia in the 70's. That was motivated by pure greed, there were no national security issues. Hell we financed Al-Qaida to get them rolling....

B/A

Well, it was Boston.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/boston-bombing-trial/court-documents-reveal-boston-bomber-s-statements-fbi-n528126

You may not be aware of the long standing history of having to fight these type of people.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/to-the-shores-of-tripoli

From the article, "American sailors were often abducted along with the captured booty and ransomed back to the United States at an exorbitant price. After two years of minor confrontations, sustained action began in June 1803, when a small U.S. expeditionary force attacked Tripoli harbor in present-day Libya."

So, I really can't agree with you here, BostonAngler. Being in any way sympathetic to these types of people and thinking Americans will not suffer some kind of ill consequence from their practices is cognitive dissonance at best. I'm not sure they would self neutralize, either, without Americans experiencing some ill consequence at their hands. Sure, people make reference to "World Police" and "we put troops in Saudi Arabia in the 70's". I believe the truth is these elements would have done what they did or worse if we hadn't taken the steps we did - regardless of how we are viewed.

I suspect the reason why "no one has figured that out" and believing "This is basic psychology" is the antithesis of your perspective is established rather than self perpetrated.

WhatsHerName posted a picture that pretty well sums it up and is closer to reality than most would care to believe.

LeftistsBeLike...

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Being in any way sympathetic to these types of people...

That is a great cartoon... thanks for using it Synopsis!  I feel no sympathy for these savages.  Bomb them straight to hell.

*WARNING

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/katie-yoder/2017/04/13/yazidi-activist-isis-opened-pregnant-friend-raped-her-and-baby

POTUS Trump First Remarks Since ‘MOAB’ Bombing: ‘Another Very Successful Mission’ (VIDEO)

Cristina Laila Apr 13th, 2017 4:01 pm Leave a Comment

President Trump remarked how proud he is of the U.S. military after they dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb in our arsenal also known as the ‘mother of all bombs’ (MOAB) on ISIS fighters in Afghanistan earlier today.

POTUS Trump also expressed how proud he is of our military, ‘another very successful mission’, ‘we have the greatest military in the world’.

IMG_3057-575x327.jpg

When asked if he authorized the use of this 21,000 pound bomb, Trump responded by saying, ‘I authorize my military, we have given them total authorization’.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Whatshername said:

That is a great cartoon... thanks for using it Synopsis!  I feel no sympathy for these savages.  Bomb them straight to hell.

*WARNING

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/katie-yoder/2017/04/13/yazidi-activist-isis-opened-pregnant-friend-raped-her-and-baby

POTUS Trump First Remarks Since ‘MOAB’ Bombing: ‘Another Very Successful Mission’ (VIDEO)

Cristina Laila Apr 13th, 2017 4:01 pm Leave a Comment

President Trump remarked how proud he is of the U.S. military after they dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb in our arsenal also known as the ‘mother of all bombs’ (MOAB) on ISIS fighters in Afghanistan earlier today.

POTUS Trump also expressed how proud he is of our military, ‘another very successful mission’, ‘we have the greatest military in the world’.

IMG_3057-575x327.jpg

When asked if he authorized the use of this 21,000 pound bomb, Trump responded by saying, ‘I authorize my military, we have given them total authorization’.

:twothumbs: WhatsHerName!

Oh, Yeah, the link to the first video makes my blood boil! :angry: Like the picture you posted and I have in my post above (Thank You, by the way), you really can't get to an amicable conclusion with these people so.................BOMBS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

This just gave me a U.S. Marine Corps hard on. 

Message to the Arab world.

Kill one U.S. soldier = we practice using weapons never before used on you. 

NOW THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE BOYS. 

With You, Brother!!! Let's go get 'em!!!

:twothumbs:

No apologies to the Liberal Left or Liberal Leaning Left. No "Group Hug" behaviors will bring an end to these horrific practices so they need to be eliminated.

After all, we don't want the Snowflakes' feelings hurt or the Snowflakes have to "suffer" the consequences of their self seeking, self serving, and complacent behaviors at the expense of other's lives and well being - NOT!!! What will it take for the Liberal Left or Liberal Leaning Left to realize they are the greatest friend any Communist or Radical Religious Fanatic can have where the Liberal Left or Liberal Leaning Left disposes with the people who defend and protect the freedoms the Liberal Left or Liberal Leaning Left have?

:facepalm2:       :facepalm2:       :facepalm2:

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Nice hole in the ground considering it cost 330 million dollars...

The MOAB, known officially as the GBU-43/B, was first tested in 2003 but had not been used by the US since, due to concerns over possible civilian casualties. The bomb has a blast radius of 1-mile (1.6 km) and costs $16 million to produce just one.

http://ninetymilesfromtyranny.blogspot.com/2017/04/1st-video-released-of-us-mega-bomb.html

• Upvote 2

MOAB strike: US bombing of IS in Afghanistan 'killed dozens'

• 35 minutes ago
  • From the section Asia

A US military strike with a weapon known as the "mother of all bombs", or MOAB, killed 36 Islamic State (IS) group militants and destroyed their base, the Afghan defence ministry says.

The most powerful non-nuclear bomb ever used by the US in combat was dropped on IS tunnels in Nangarhar province.

No civilians were affected by the explosion, the ministry said.

The US military said the bomb was used purely on tactical grounds, "the right weapon against the right target".

A statement on the IS-supporting Amaq news agency denied there were any IS casualties in the bomb strike.

Chief Executive of Afghanistan Abdullah Abdullah confirmed that the attack had been carried out in co-ordination with the government and that "great care had been taken to avoid civilian harm".

In a press briefing on Friday, Gen John Nicholson, commander of US forces in Afghanistan, said: "We have US forces at the site and we see no evidence of civilian casualties nor have there been reports."

The Afghan defence ministry said the bomb struck a village area in the Momand valley where IS fighters were using a 300m-long network of caves.

It said the 21,600lb (9,800kg) bomb also destroyed a large stash of weapons.

Speaking at the White House: "Another successful job, we are very proud of our military"

Media captionSpeaking at the White House: "Another successful job, we are very proud of our military"

Presidential spokesman Shah Hussain Murtazawi told the BBC that IS commander Siddiq Yar was among those killed. Mr Murtazawi said the IS fighters in the tunnels had "come from Pakistan and were persecuting people in the local area".

The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb was dropped by plane in Achin district on Thursday evening local time, the Pentagon said.

More than 9m (30 ft) in length, it was first tested in 2003 but had not been deployed in combat before.

An Afghan soldier points to the area where the US dropped the bombImage copyright EPA Image caption An Afghan soldier points to the area where the US dropped the bomb

Gen Nicholson said it was "the right time to use the GBU-43 tactically".

He added: "Let me be clear - we will not relent in our mission to destroy [IS in Afghanistan]... There will be no sanctuary for terrorists in Afghanistan."

Achin district governor Ismail Shinwary told the BBC that Afghan special forces, with the help of American air support, had begun anti-IS operations in the area 13 days ago.

He said IS targets had been bombed regularly but "last night's bombarding was very powerful... the biggest I have ever seen".

Nangarhar Provincial Governor Gulab Mangal said IS fighters had used the complex to "kill people and hold important meetings".

Massive blast area - Jonathan Marcus, BBC defence correspondent

The clue is in the ungainly name - the MOAB or GBU-43/B massive ordnance air blast is the US military's most destructive conventional (that is non-nuclear) bomb.

It is a huge weapon and is GPS-guided. It was dropped from a MC-130 aircraft - the US Special Forces variant of the Hercules transport. The weapon is carried on a special cradle inside the aircraft from which it is extracted by a parachute.

Its principal effect is a massive blast over a huge area. It is a larger version of weapons used during the Vietnam War.

The Trump administration's policy towards Afghanistan remains under consideration but the use of this weapon sends a powerful signal that IS is top of the administration's target list wherever its offshoots may be found.

A member of an anti-IS group in the area who gave his name only as Mohammad told the BBC he was at a checkpoint 1km from the bomb strike.

He said: "We were eating dinner when we heard a big explosion, came out of my room and saw a mountain of fire... the area was full of light with the fire of the bomb."

He said all civilians had left the area since the start of the anti-IS operation.

President Donald Trump called the strike "another successful job".

Map

The BBC's Jill McGivering says it remains unclear what President Trump's Afghan strategy will be - he has talked in the past about the need for the US to get out of nation-building and may be keen to extricate himself from this long-running and expensive conflict.

But, she says, he has also expressed determination to stop the spread of IS.

Former Afghan President Hamid Karzai vehemently condemned the attack, saying on Twitter it was "not the war on terror but the inhuman and most brutal misuse of our country as testing ground for new and dangerous weapons".

Syria error

IS announced the establishment of its Khorasan branch - an old name for Afghanistan and surrounding areas - in January 2015. It was the first time that IS had officially spread outside the Arab world.

It was the first major militant group to directly challenge the Afghan Taliban's dominance over the local insurgency.

Afghan forces have been targeting IS in Nangarhar for two weeksImage copyright EPA Image caption Afghan forces have been targeting IS in Nangarhar for two weeks

However, experts say it has struggled to build a wide political base and the indigenous support it expected. It has steadily lost territory and fighters to US air strikes and an assault by Afghan forces on the ground.

Estimates about IS's numerical strength inside Afghanistan vary, ranging from several hundred to a few thousand fighters. US forces say their number has been cut in half since early 2016 due to military operations.

The MOAB strike followed last week's death of a US special forces soldier fighting IS in Nangarhar.

The news also came hours after the Pentagon admitted an air strike in Syria mistakenly killed 18 rebels.

It said a partnered force had mistakenly identified the target location as an IS position, but the strike on 11 April had killed rebels from the Syrian Democratic Forces, which are backed by Washington

Sweet it only cost American taxpayers $9,166,666,67.00 to kill each ISIS member. Ironically, there is a 666 in the middle of that number.... Hmmmmm

B/A

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Of course that 9.167 MILLION is only the cost of the bomb... That doesn't include all the amenities that go with it. You're talking over 10 MILLION dollars per dead guy...

B/A

The money for the weapon was spent years ago.  It still cost Americans the same amount regardless if the weapon is deployed or not.  And your cost per kill is wildly off the mark, only correct if the bomb killed just one person.  At least be honest and cypher the cost per dead terrorist.  It is reported that 36 were taken out with one blast, that number is probably low considering that we will never know how many Perverted Islamic Terrorists were killed in the collapsed tunnels.  If we go by the reported 36 dead terrorists, the cost drops to $275,000 per dead PIT.

So if it was worth the cost or not depends on what value you place on American soldiers lives.  How many would have been killed taking out this terrorist enclave?  Is one soldier not worth $275,000 in your eyes?  If a Perverted Islamic Terrorist took out your daughter, where would you draw the line regarding the cost to bring the PITs to justice, or better yet to meet their maker?  Dare I say $275,000 would not be the cutoff, but then again I do not know for sure.  Perhaps you could enlighten me.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, RV ME said:

The money for the weapon was spent years ago.  It still cost Americans the same amount regardless if the weapon is deployed or not.  And your cost per kill is wildly off the mark, only correct if the bomb killed just one person.  At least be honest and cypher the cost per dead terrorist.  It is reported that 36 were taken out with one blast, that number is probably low considering that we will never know how many Perverted Islamic Terrorists were killed in the collapsed tunnels.  If we go by the reported 36 dead terrorists, the cost drops to $275,000 per dead PIT.

So if it was worth the cost or not depends on what value you place on American soldiers lives.  How many would have been killed taking out this terrorist enclave?  Is one soldier not worth $275,000 in your eyes?  If a Perverted Islamic Terrorist took out your daughter, where would you draw the line regarding the cost to bring the PITs to justice, or better yet to meet their maker?  Dare I say $275,000 would not be the cutoff, but then again I do not know for sure.  Perhaps you could enlighten me.

Excuse me brother can you spare a few million?

B/A

• Downvote 5

10 minutes ago, RV ME said:

If we go by the reported 36 dead terrorists, the cost drops to $275,000 per dead PIT.

Each unit costs 16 MILLION... That's $444,444.444 per cockroach, just for one bomb. Not counting the 316 MILLION in R & D or everything else involved including training, flying, recon, fuel, etc. Personally, I think my tax dollars could be better well spent. But that's just my opinion.

B/A

• Downvote 6