Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

D. V. powerball 10 / 26 / 2016

jeepguy

)  Pool(s) is (are) open to identifiable/registered DV MEMBERS ONLY (Sorry, no extended family or friends... or Lopsters, as they are not allowed in the regular forums, and therefore cannot comply with the rules).  

2)  One SET of numbers per ENTRANT per POST per FAMILY (Multiple members in a family may participate under ONE ENTRANT ONLY).  (Please select CASH OPTION when purchasing numbers/ticket).  Annuity tickets will not be disqualified and will be factored accordingly if determined a winner, but our preferred intent is for the lump sum payout.

3)  A DV Member may purchase and post up to ONE ticket for ANOTHER DV Member (except Lopsters), with that member's acknowledgement and consent.

4)  ONE SHARE per entrant of any winnings of the JACKPOT (CASH OPTION!!!) only (Approx. $100 million minimum drawing)

5)  Winning ticket/entrant agrees to share EQUALLY with ALL qualified entrants in this thread.

6)  Qualified entrants must have numbers/entry posted prior to drawing date/time.

7)  Qualified entrants must have a physical ticket to present upon winning, to prove their pledged participation.  HOLD onto your "LOSING" ticket.  Take a picture of your "LOSING" ticket as a possible backup verification.

8)  Winning entrant is responsible for ALL communication with, and coordination of, winning shareholders immediately after the drawing.

9)  ALL winning participants/shareholders agree to respect and abide to the PRIVACY terms of the WINNER.  Disclosure of identity of winning entrant is sole discretion of winner.  This is for the security and safety of all.

10)  Winning shares will be dispersed upon final consensus and WRITTEN AGREEMENT, guaranteeing individual preferences, privacy and security.

11)  By posting your pledged ticket/numbers in the thread(s), YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS POSTED ABOVE.

The following has been added to the rules as of 9/17/2016 to clarify a question about participation:

NEW RULE!  Ticket/numbers entered into THIS DV POOL are for this pool exclusively.  It may not be entered into other pools.  Its entry into the DV POOL is time-stamped as verified by the post, and acknowledged by the entrant that it is exclusive to DV.  Should it be found that the WINNING TICKET is entered into multiple pools, WE will claim that ticket as the WINNER for the DV POOL EXCLUSIVELY,  irrespective of the time-stamp of other pools.  Should another pool have a similar rule, or no rule to this regard, the time-stamp may be an effective qualifier if necessary to determine the participant's intent, as well as order of participation.

Edited by TexasGranny
Corrected date

ohhhh  I know  what I did  !  date  thing  ,   I was looking at calendar ,  and if we hit  this Wednesday ,  that  date  would be  , how long it would be too get it in the bank  :lol:  ...    you thought  I was going too say  broke  uhhhh  ?

1 minute ago, whatsfordinar? said:

25305746114       If the Cubs and Indians can be in the World Series, miracles can happen!    

Agreed, wfd!  Watching the WS now!

Oh... and please tell us why your numbers are out of order?!!!  I noticed that last time as well.  Thanks.

Just now, whatsfordinar? said:

I bought this one online and copied and pasted it-  Go D-Vets millionaire club!

Ok... that's a new one for me!  May I ask... where do you buy online?  There must be a physical "cash value" ticket in your possession. I'm just concerned, because all tickets I've ever seen are printed with the numbers in ascending order, except the PB number of course.

6 hours ago, whatsfordinar? said:

I bought this one online and copied and pasted it-  Go D-Vets millionaire club!

ohhhhh ,  this  would be  a sticky  situation  I would  have too guess ,  if it were the winning  ticket ...  { how  too  get  the ticket  where it  is actually at ,  and  how  would you go about getting  it in your hands ? }

5 hours ago, jeepguy said:

2 - 3 - 16 - 48 - 56   p.b.  is 20   < -------  the winning numbers  last night  {  good job    for  3  of us ,  wildeman ,  jasxinjersey with 2 hits ,  and 429 ,  who can  move up too 430  :lol: ...

Your PB is wrong jeepguy.:o  It was 24. 

Winning numbers from powerball.com site are

2     3     16     48     56    PB 24         
PowerPlay  2X

:cowboy2:

40 minutes ago, TexasGranny said:

Your PB is wrong jeepguy.:o  It was 24. 

Winning numbers from powerball.com site are

2     3     16     48     56    PB 24         
PowerPlay  2X

Thank you TG...

While I have your attention... we may have another conundrum to address!  I was waiting to hear back from my query above to Whatsfordinar, to know where/how he/she acquired tickets ONLINE.  In my brief research, I did find that "vendors" seem to purchase tickets for other people... either buying/holding actual physical tickets for their "customers"... or buying/assigning numbers to pass on to their "customers".  In any case, THEY HOLD the "ticket/numbers", making them a third party.  In the event such a ticket wins, they are essentially the "winner" and pass the winning money on to the "customer" somehow.  In any case, the process is questionable, convoluted, and not necessarily legal... as I found this info on the actual Powerball site... www.Powerball.com...

I am also concerned for others, like Pokerplayer.  I'm not sure how she is acquiring her tickets either.

CAN I BUY POWERBALL TICKETS THROUGH THE INTERNET?

NO. Start with that answer and then slowly back into "sometimes". Gambling is illegal in the United States. A State has the right to gamble or create a lottery ONLY within its borders. When a game or information about a game cross a state line, or the national border, then it falls into federal jurisdiction. So, some lotteries do sell TO THEIR RESIDENTS through the Internet but not across their state line. Powerball tickets can only legally be purchased at a state lottery sales terminal in the lottery jurisdictions that sells the Powerball game. A lottery can also legally sell tickets on the Internet, but only to persons within its own state. No one can sell lottery tickets by mail or over the Internet across state lines or the U.S. national border. No one except the lottery or their licensed retailers can sell a lottery ticket. No one. Not even us. No one. No, not even that web site. Or that one. You really don't need to send me questions about a specific site. None of them can legally sell lottery tickets across a state border or the U.S. border. No.

Law prevent the SALE (exchange of consideration) of any interest in the outcome of a gambling event. If you are not buying from a licensed retailer in teh state or from the state lottery site (within the borders of that state), then you should not expect to be able to collect your prize. There are no regulations of websites that claim to sell tickets or to sell you a "service" to buy and hold tickets for you. Many lotteries believe that they would violated state and federal laws is they paid on those tickets purchased (if actually purchased) by an unlicensed reseller.

You can legally travel to another state, buy a ticket, and bring it back to your home state (at least I believe that no state now has a law forbidding the possession of a lottery).

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jaxinjersey said:

Thank you TG...

While I have your attention... we may have another conundrum to address!  I was waiting to hear back from my query above to Whatsfordinar, to know where/how he/she acquired tickets ONLINE.  In my brief research, I did find that "vendors" seem to purchase tickets for other people... either buying/holding actual physical tickets for their "customers"... or buying/assigning numbers to pass on to their "customers".  In any case, THEY HOLD the "ticket/numbers", making them a third party.  In the event such a ticket wins, they are essentially the "winner" and pass the winning money on to the "customer" somehow.  In any case, the process is questionable, convoluted, and not necessarily legal... as I found this info on the actual Powerball site... www.Powerball.com...

I am also concerned for others, like Pokerplayer.  I'm not sure how she is acquiring her tickets either.

CAN I BUY POWERBALL TICKETS THROUGH THE INTERNET?

NO. Start with that answer and then slowly back into "sometimes". Gambling is illegal in the United States. A State has the right to gamble or create a lottery ONLY within its borders. When a game or information about a game cross a state line, or the national border, then it falls into federal jurisdiction. So, some lotteries do sell TO THEIR RESIDENTS through the Internet but not across their state line. Powerball tickets can only legally be purchased at a state lottery sales terminal in the lottery jurisdictions that sells the Powerball game. A lottery can also legally sell tickets on the Internet, but only to persons within its own state. No one can sell lottery tickets by mail or over the Internet across state lines or the U.S. national border. No one except the lottery or their licensed retailers can sell a lottery ticket. No one. Not even us. No one. No, not even that web site. Or that one. You really don't need to send me questions about a specific site. None of them can legally sell lottery tickets across a state border or the U.S. border. No.

Law prevent the SALE (exchange of consideration) of any interest in the outcome of a gambling event. If you are not buying from a licensed retailer in teh state or from the state lottery site (within the borders of that state), then you should not expect to be able to collect your prize. There are no regulations of websites that claim to sell tickets or to sell you a "service" to buy and hold tickets for you. Many lotteries believe that they would violated state and federal laws is they paid on those tickets purchased (if actually purchased) by an unlicensed reseller.

You can legally travel to another state, buy a ticket, and bring it back to your home state (at least I believe that no state now has a law forbidding the possession of a lottery).

From the sound of this, any ticket purchased over the internet or across the US Border would be disqualified even if it had the winning numbers. Everyone's ticket should have a RET# at the top. This designates the retailer that sold the ticket. Mine for last night was "RET# 235404-00"  PP and Whatshername need to be sure their tickets have a number at the top of their ticket. As I understand the statement above, the only way PP can purchase a legal ticket is to purchase it at a retailer in the US. It appears that those websites "holding" a ticket for someone are not legally allowed to do so and would be reason for contesting the win.

So, maybe we need to add another rule stating that participants must have the actual ticket in their possession and that it must have the RET# at the top.

2 minutes ago, TexasGranny said:

From the sound of this, any ticket purchased over the internet or across the US Border would be disqualified even if it had the winning numbers. Everyone's ticket should have a RET# at the top. This designates the retailer that sold the ticket. Mine for last night was "RET# 235404-00"  PP and Whatshername need to be sure their tickets have a number at the top of their ticket. As I understand the statement above, the only way PP can purchase a legal ticket is to purchase it at a retailer in the US. It appears that those websites "holding" a ticket for someone are not legally allowed to do so and would be reason for contesting the win.

So, maybe we need to add another rule stating that participants must have the actual ticket in their possession and that it must have the RET# at the top.

Yes, we need to add another rule.  I'd like to hear back from Whatsfordinar (not Whatshername, just to be clear) to know exactly his situation before we add the rule.  And hopefully PP can chime in too.  If Whatsfordinar is purchasing online through Michigan's (his state?) Lottery System, that may be an exception.  But even still... I agree that in all fairness to the rest of us, the ticket should be "in their possession" at the time of the drawing, whether it be the actual winner, or just a participating non-winning ticket.

In fairness to PP... IF she has a stateside friend purchasing an actual physical ticket for her (not an intermediary "third party"), and simply holds it for her for validation later... I think that is fine.

Hopefully they will reach back to us on this open thread.  If not, Is there a way for you to message them, asking them to read this thread and respond in the open forum?  This way ALL can see the dynamics of it.  By the way... it seems my profile no longer has a way to message others (non VIP) like before (status updates, content feed).

Thanks for all your help!  Jax

wow !    I MUST  BE HAVING  SOME SORT OF EIPOSDE  ,   messed the date up ,  messed the power ball number up !   :(...   gotta hit  soon ,   this  will be  rough too get over !   thanks for the correction  gran !    {  sorry  for the winners , I mentioned   I gotta  take  back  that money  :o  }   the  winner  is  texas gran  !  with the 24  number  ....  I gotta  take  a long  vacation I guess   ,  right  after  the  dinar  , gets  over  1 too 1   values  I suppose