Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sadr's office announced the beginning of a campaign to collect signatures under the title of "corrupt government does not represent me."

yota691

%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B2%D9%8A%D9%84-2.jpg

Central Coordinating Committee of the revolution called for a popular folk arms of the Sadrist movement to a demonstration tomorrow afternoon Friday in Baghdad Altharirost Square in support of the project declared to reform cleric Moqtada al-Sadr.

She said in a statement received "Treasures of the Media", said he and a continuation of and support for the reform project unleashed by Mr. Muqtada al-Sadr, and given to ignore the government and politicians to the people's demands, and continuity of squandering the wealth and resources of the country, and its support for mischief, "we call upon and we call on those who care about the Iraqi people, men and women, young and old, to demonstrate in Tahrir Square, at five o'clock in the evening on Friday. "

• Upvote 4

Thanks Yota and good morning, 

Lets hope this does not turn nasty, Sadr has to see that Abadi is moving along at a nice pace now to accomplish the tasks at hand and in my opinion once the distribution of the wealth related to HCL is etched in stone, this should satisfy Sadr imo. 

• Upvote 2

Seems like Sadr is saying, "We are still here and watching you.  Are mission we have given to you has not changed.  Our attitude toward you will change if realistic and acceptable progress is not made on our/your mission."

We will likely see some news on the protest since the demonstration was scheduled for 5 pm today that is 9 am CDT.

• Upvote 6

50 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Seems like Sadr is saying, "We are still here and watching you.  Are mission we have given to you has not changed.  Our attitude toward you will change if realistic and acceptable progress is not made on our/your mission."

We will likely see some news on the protest since the demonstration was scheduled for 5 pm today that is 9 am CDT.

:bravo::D

• Upvote 2

This call to action is indeed very different from the previous demonstrations. Friday evening? Sound more like a candle light vigile to keep Parliment abreast of their discontent with everything that hasn't been done. I see the glass 90% full. Sadr sees the glass "not full"... Who could blame them. We are bone tired of it and we don't even have to live it every day.... 😡

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ezrapound said:

After almost 11 years of this stuff, this, as much of the rest of it, is meaningless drivel. Show me the money in my bank account....

As much as it frustrates me, I have done this so addictively now for 11 years I just don't really know how to stop and just throw in the towel...as inclined as I am to do so. It's become like a way of life now...

• Upvote 3

28238.jpg?width=400&height=300&crop=auto

The cleric Moqtada al-Sadr during his speech in Tahrir Square, Friday July 15, 2016 Camera / (Mahmoud Raouf).

Author: 
Editor: 02/09/2016 18:29 Number of Views: 1611 

Long-Presse / Baghdad

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, on Friday, staff to the general strike on Sunday and Monday to pressure the government to the implementation of reforms, and stressed that staff stay in front of their constituencies without the exercise of their business with the exception of emergency and sensitive matters, while calling on citizens to hunger strike in mosques and churches, starting from the 9th of September this for two days.

Sadr said in a statement, received a (long-Presse), a copy of it, that "after month deadline has become necessary for us to activate the peaceful protests reform, there still have options that may be the Pope to end corruption, so we call on the Iraqi people in general and sympathizers with a private reform, especially Sadr's movement and the struggling student's reform and the public to do a number of measures. "

He said al-Sadr, that "the measures include a strike by all employees, except for the security services for official work on Sunday and Monday Almassadwin 4 and 5 of the current month of September and stay in front of their constituencies to walk only emergency and sensitive things from outside the circle with the possible, and also excludes places exams and thus proves that reform the demand from within the government, as is the popular demand from outside the government. "

He called on al-Sadr, to "strike loved ones citizens about food from Friday day on the ninth of September and the current after the end of Friday prayers, and even on Sunday, a brief summary atheist than a dozen of the same month the morning and inside mosques and Shiite mosques, churches and houses of worship and the like as well as in cultural and social institutions."

The face of the chest, "to work on collecting signatures Magdy Rady under the title of corrupt government Aamthelna and that starting from the 10th of September and the last month."

• Upvote 3

I  was wondering when Camel Breath, Dirty Teeth & Smelly Pits Sadr was going to surface. He'd been quiet for far too long.

Turn the screws, but for Allah's sake. KEEP IT CIVIL !

You Monkeys seem very close to taking the Ball into the End Zone. Don't screw this up ! :praying:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1-871818.jpg

Religious leader Moqtada al-Sadr
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Abu Dhabi - Sky News Arabia

Post a confidant of Representatives of the former Iraqi prime minister, Nuri al-Maliki, to calls for the cleric, Muqtada al-Sadr, the hunger strike and work, as these demands as a coup against the constitution.

The MP said the coalition of state law, Jassim Mohammed Jaafar, one of the most prominent associates of the owners, said that "the Sadrist leader of the strike for food and always calls during next week's coup against the constitution."

He guessed that the chest procedures lead to a "malfunction" in state institutions in Iraq, which has been witnessing since 2003 acts of violence and continuing widespread corruption among the currents, which shares power with the support of Iran.

Sadr vowed to escalate to take action against the government of Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, in the framework of a new round of political pressure under the anti-corruption and implementing reforms address.

Sadr called on government employees to strike and citizens to hunger strike starting next Friday to Sunday morning, inside mosques, churches and houses of worship and cultural and social institutions.

Supporters of the cleric may have resumed their protests in the capital Baghdad and several provinces, month after he was stopped by a decision of their leader, knowing that protests against corruption launched by activists do not belong to parties almost two years ago.

However, the civil movement was kidnapped later from political currents, chest and held protests to put pressure on al-Abadi and parliament for the formation of what he says is a government of technocrats, and his supporters stormed the heavily fortified Green Zone twice.

The Abadi, and under the pressure of protests and civil movement, announced a reform package and called for the formation of competencies government in February, but faced considerable opposition from political parties that rely on the minister to ensure funding.

Parliament approved some ministers who were appointed by al-Abadi in April, but the court later annulled the parliamentary session that prevent MPs from attending after he sought to subvert.

And hindered the political currents and the intersection of interests between the leaders loyal to the Iranian regime to implement the reforms, which were designed to fight corruption, which prompted the civilian currents waving to organize new protests.

It is worth mentioning that the Iranian pressure in the spare-Maliki survived exposure to prosecution Aleghanoah, especially since the parliamentary campaign reports Daesh responsibility for the control of large areas of the country, accusing him of corruption files.

• Upvote 2

28238.jpg?width=400&height=300&crop=auto

The cleric Moqtada al-Sadr during his speech in Tahrir Square, Friday July 15, 2016 Camera / (Mahmoud Raouf).

Author: 
Editor: 09/02/2016 18:29 Number of Views: 2970 

Long-Presse / Baghdad

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, on Friday, staff to the general strike on Sunday and Monday to pressure the government to the implementation of reforms, and stressed that staff stay in front of their constituencies without the exercise of their business with the exception of emergency and sensitive matters, while calling on citizens to hunger strike in mosques and churches, starting from the 9th of September this for two days.

Sadr said in a statement, received a (long-Presse), a copy of it, that "after month deadline has become necessary for us to activate the peaceful protests reform, we still have the options that may be the Pope to end corruption, so we call on the Iraqi people in general and sympathizers with a private reform, particularly the mainstream Mujahid rib and the student's reform and the public to do a number of measures. "

He said al-Sadr, that "the measures include a strike by all employees, except for the security services for official work on Sunday and Monday Almassadwin 4 and 5 of the current month of September and stay in front of their constituencies to walk only emergency and sensitive things from outside the circle with the possible, and also excludes places exams and thus proves that reform the demand from within the government, as is the popular demand from outside the government. "

He called on al-Sadr, to "strike loved ones citizens about food from Friday day on the ninth of September and the current after the end of Friday prayers, and even on Sunday, a brief summary atheist than a dozen of the same month the morning and inside mosques and Shiite mosques, churches and houses of worship and the like as well as in cultural and social institutions."

The face of the chest, "to work on collecting signatures Magdy Rady under the title of corrupt government Aamthelna and that starting from the 10th of September and the end of the month."

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I  was wondering when Camel Breath, Dirty Teeth & Smelly Pits Sadr was going to surface. He'd been quiet for far too long.

Turn the screws, but for Allah's sake. KEEP IT CIVIL !

You Monkeys seem very close to taking the Ball into the End Zone. Don't screw this up ! :praying:

:bravo::lmao:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like it when Sadr flexes his muscles a bit, and Maliki's butt puckers a little. But don't ya think calling a hunger strike is ridiculous. The common people are broke, not working, no electricity and led by a dysfunctional government. Now you want them to give up food they don't even have?  C'MON MAN !!!

• Upvote 1

On September 2, 2016 at 0:54 PM, ezrapound said:

As much as it frustrates me, I have done this so addictively now for 11 years I just don't really know how to stop and just throw in the towel...as inclined as I am to do so. It's become like a way of life now...

You Nailed EP ! Every last bit of it, You Nailed It !

I began buying IQD in the Spring of 2004 in Kuwait City ( while working in Kuwait ). Back then the finance pages said it would probably take 3 to 5 years to RV. We all said "Holy Crap, well I guess that's not TOO LONG TO WAIT." If we knew then what we know now, huh.

That was 13 years ago and still we wait. :rocking-chair: Even now it's difficult to push back from the desk, if just for a few days.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, King Bean said:

I like it when Sadr flexes his muscles a bit, and Maliki's butt puckers a little. But don't ya think calling a hunger strike is ridiculous. The common people are broke, not working, no electricity and led by a dysfunctional government. Now you want them to give up food they don't even have?  C'MON MAN !!!

Yep - I think we've just taken a turn into the World of the Surreal.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

You Nailed EP ! Every last bit of it, You Nailed It !

I began buying IQD in the Spring of 2004 in Kuwait City ( while working in Kuwait ). Back then the finance pages said it would probably take 3 to 5 years to RV. We all said "Holy Crap, well I guess that's not TOO LONG TO WAIT." If we knew then what we know now, huh.

That was 13 years ago and still we wait. :rocking-chair: Even now it's difficult to push back from the desk, if just for a few days.

AGREED!!  HUGE SIGH!!

:rocking-chair::bravo:

• Upvote 2

It's just depressing as hell. Everyone can say all they want about progress etc., but the fact remains it's been 11 years and we don't have squat yet. There  isn't one thing said in the news here or anywhere else we haven't heard 59 times before  sometime over the years.

Edited by ezrapound
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, King Bean said:

I am thinking Sadr could be amplifying or accelerating the Iraqi populace's disillusionment with the Iraqi government using the hunger strike as a tool with the people against the government to accelerate the Iraqi government's voting on the remaining laws and completing the cabinet reforms.  Possibly, the next tool Sadr hauls out to further solidify the Iraqi populace's disillusionment with the Iraqi government could further ratchet up the pressure on the Iraqi government due to the Iraqi people's behavior.  In my opinion, Sadr implementing such measures furthers the necessary progress to get the needed items completed and will likely foster the chain of events we need for our much anticipated event.

"When people fear the government, there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ezrapound said:

It's just depressing as hell. Everyone can say all they want about progress etc., but the fact remains it's been 11 years and we don't have squat yet. There  isn't one thing said in the news here or anywhere else we haven't heard 59 times before  sometime over the years.

Someone negged you and I evened you out!  I HEAR ya!!

:rolleyes::angry::mad::rocking-chair:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1