Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sadr's office in his speech "did not exclude the sacking of the three presidencies in the event of negligence."

yota691

Again we see pressure being brought upon the GOI to get things done, WB, IMF and now Sadr. This cleric seems to wield power with the Iraqi people and can amass a large crowd rather quickly. I just hope all remains peaceful as he indicates cause if things get out of hand, we may take a few steps backwards  <_<

Thanks Yota, much obliged amigo:twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

Nouri al-Maliki
Nouri al-Maliki

Roudao - Erbil Refer leader of a coalition of state law, Nuri al -Maliki, Friday, July 15, 2016, " the lower numbers of demonstrators" in Tahrir Square to recognize most of them , " the seriousness of the situation experienced by the country."

Came Maliki 's comments "in response to reporters ' questions directed him through communication with the media site - specific electronic media office window on the causes of dwindling numbers of protesters in the demonstration , which went out in Baghdad on Friday. " he noted president of a coalition of state law that" a lot of especially the sons of the rib line protesters have realized the seriousness of the situation experienced by the country , in addition to attempts to follow the Baath buried the remnants of the gangs takfiri and Wahhabi defeated exploit the demonstrations to disrupt the internal situation of the country. " He praised al - Maliki what he called" the awareness of honest citizens, especially the sons of the Sadr movement in the overthrow plot was standing behind her agendas Baathist and Wahhabism hate by exploiting the demonstrations to threaten the security and overtaking the state institutions. "

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, markb57 said:

And what did the protest accomplish? Absolutely nothing. Everything appears to be done. What is Abadi's holdup?

Mark,

this is just my opinion, but it's an opinion I have formed through the many talks with my Kurdush friend.. All of the GOI is corrupt.. Abadi, Jabouri, Maliki, Barzani, they are all stealing money one way or another. They all talk a big game. Reform this, reform that, needs to be implemented for the people. But they all know real progress will cut off their ability to steal money so they are going to drag this out as long as humanly possible. As long as the citizens don't tear them apart, or the IMF cuts off their loans. Hell they even might let the IMF cut them off and then blame the IMF because they wouldn't give them money before they actually go through with any reforms at all. It's all JMO, but they have been talking now about opening up to the world for almost 2 years now.. Time will tell and we shall see if they are ever forced too.. Again Just my opinion..

• Upvote 2

Well GregHi..I will have to disagree with your above statement...if that was the case, I really doubt you would seen any approval for the loan from the IMF, and accusing Abadi as being just as corrupt, I just can't believe he would state he would be willing to lose his life for these changes to be as corrupt as you stated...and one more thing the accountability system for monetary reform is what Georgina use..which is 100% corrupt free..would and will expose those involved...Thanks and GM everyone..time will tell...

• Upvote 9

Maliki comment on the demonstration Sadrists: Wahhabi agendas they want to exploit the demonstrations

Political

Since 15/07/2016 22:16 pm (Baghdad time)

%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A9%20%

Baghdad balances News

Reduce Prime differing state law, Nuri al-Maliki of the importance of the demonstration, which came out today in Tahrir Square in response to the invitation of the leader of the Sadrist movement, referring to what was seen as "dwindling numbers of protesters in the demonstration," and said that many of the demonstrators, especially the rib line sons realized the seriousness of the situation experienced by the country.

This came Maliki's position in replying to reporters' questions directed to sovereignty over the communication with the media site-specific electronic media office window on the causes of dwindling numbers of protesters in the demonstration, which went out in Baghdad on Friday. "A lot of the children, particularly the rib line protesters have realized the seriousness of the situation experienced by the country." He also drew attention to the demonstrators' attempts to follow the defunct Baath and the remnants of the gangs Takfiri and Wahhabi defeated exploit the demonstrations to disrupt the internal situation of the country "was behind the dwindling numbers of demonstrators.

He praised al-Maliki declared a chest discount what he called a "consciousness of honest citizens, especially the sons of the Sadr movement in the overthrow plot was standing behind her agendas Baathist and Wahhabism hate by exploiting the demonstrations to threaten the security and trespassing on state institutions." Tens of thousands of people demonstrated in Tahrir Square in central Baghdad to demand the resignation of the corrupt and the implementation of reforms and change.

And co-head of the Sadr movement Muqtada al-Sadr in the protest rallies and called in a speech during the rally to hold accountable the corrupt politicians and those with special grades and others and bring them to trial. He warned that these demands permeated the sacking of the three presidencies in the event of negligence.

He called on al-Sadr to cancel the principle of ethnic and party quotas in government positions in state institutions and the formation of an independent government of technocrats, saying to insist on the resignation of the Electoral Commission and the selection of new members is subject to political quotas and rely on efficiency, integrity and professionalism.

Sadr also called on the House to vote on serious reforms demanded by the Iraqi people to be public hearings are broadcast directly through the media to inform them of the Iraqi people and the Iraqi judiciary to move away from quotas and political pressure and work neutrally and full independence. Sadr urged demonstrators to chant with hairs that say it, stressing that the demonstrations "peaceful peaceful, and Sunnis and Shiites Brothers this country what we are selling." Addressing the demonstrators, saying, I have come to share with you just pretend ", urging demonstrators to" repeating the same slogans that say it, stressing that the demonstrations "peaceful peaceful," and "Brothers Sunni and Shia of this country what we are selling."Ended m h n

• Upvote 1

A source familiar with: Iraqi minister fled to European countries after a dispute with the Sadrists (Details)

16-07-2016 01:03 PM    
Hits: 60
image.php?token=c3c5807861c1b2e849731b15

Orbit News -

A senior source revealed, for escape and Water Resources Minister Mohsen bird to Sweden after being subjected to pressure from the Sadrist movement on construction projects.

The source said in a press statement, said that 'Water Resources Minister Mohsen bird escaped yesterday, with his family to Sweden because of being pressured by the Sadrist movement for not forwarded some construction projects of the subsidiaries of the stream.'

The source, who asked not to be named, said: 'The minister did not specify a date for his return to Iraq. "

• Upvote 2

28102.jpg?width=400&height=300&crop=auto

A demonstration by the people of Babylon, Friday, July 15, 2016

Author: IM 
Editor: AZ 15.07.2016 20:18 Number of Views: 159 

Long-Presse / Babylon

Demanded dozens of demonstrators Babil province, on Friday, to drop the "sectarian quota system" in the country, with Bless victories of the security forces in theliberation of Qayyarah base of the grip (Daash), condemned the bombing of Karrada "terrorist" and demanded the disclosure of its circumstances. He said civil rights activist Saad Alfalh in an interview (range Press), he said that "dozens of residents of Babylon, staged a peaceful demonstration in freedom Square in front of Babil province , the city of Hilla , the center of the building , " noting that " the demonstrators demanded real reforms and accountability of thieves of public money no matter what their grades and brought to justice." He added Alfalh , " the demands included dropping the quota system , which broke the democratic process in thecountry", calling for "detection of corruption and bring down the local government , which did not provide for maintaining anything files". He Alfalh, that " the demonstration blessed big victories achieved by the security forces editing base Qayyarah grip (Daash) terrorist , "noting that" the demonstrators condemned the terrorist bombing of the Karrada area and caused the deaths and wounding of hundreds of unarmed civilians, and demanded the disclosure of its circumstances. "  

• Upvote 1

26925.jpg?width=400&height=300&crop=auto
Protesters in Maysan Friday 2016,5,13

Author: AAW, AT 
Editor: the AT 7/15/2016 19:14 Number ofViews: 141 

Long-Presse / Maysan

Invited dozens of demonstrators Maysan province, on Friday, to keep spoilers for government positions, and continue to implement reforms, and with drew to the need to find jobs for the unemployed and the advancement of the level of services in the province, they demanded that the central government to resign in the event of failure to respond to public demands.

He said civil rights activist, Hussein Ali, said that "the province of Maysan, witnessed this evening, out of dozens of its citizens in the pretended peaceful launched from the beginning of the Tigris Street towards the government complex, the center of architecture, to its previous demands and pressure on political decision-makers for the purpose of implementation."

He added Al-Ali, that "the claims included the retrieval of the money smuggled out of the country by some thieves in power, as well as the dimensions of corrupt elements from the sensitive task in government arthritis joints," calling at the same time to "create jobs for the unemployed and upgrading fact the service in the province ".

He called Al-Ali, the central government to "resign in the event of survival is unable to achieve the public demands and achieve real reforms."

The capital Baghdad and 10 Iraqi provinces are (Babil, Karbala, Najaf and Diwaniya, Muthanna, Dhi Qar, Wasit, Maysan, Basra and Diyala) is witnessing massive demonstrations since August 2015 to condemn the poor services and corruption in government institutions and the judiciary, resulting in many of the reforms announced by Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, while protesters say that these reforms "marginal and unimportant and did not check" their goals.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

Well GregHi..I will have to disagree with your above statement...if that was the case, I really doubt you would seen any approval for the loan from the IMF, and accusing Abadi as being just as corrupt, I just can't believe he would state he would be willing to lose his life for these changes to be as corrupt as you stated...and one more thing the accountability system for monetary reform is what Georgina use..which is 100% corrupt free..would and will expose those involved...Thanks and GM everyone..time will tell...

Not to impugn Greg in any way, but I am inclined to agree with you here.

Last week after the Dallas Tx shootings I told my wife that,"Things have now changed".

That we will now begin to see a complete breakdown of the rule of law in the world. 

One look at the last weeks headlines and it is clear that I was correct. 

Now, considering the events of last night in Turkey, I feel safe to say that ALL governments of 

the world have been put on notice. Especially those in the Middle East such as Iraq, which shares a border with

Turkey. Things in the world are rapidly changing and I believe that we as a humanity have now reached an impasse,

if you will. A point of no return. This road were all going down has us in it's grasp, and history has shown that it will 

run it's course. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, yota691 said:

Thanks Yota for sharing! I liked reading your, much more positive opinion than  mine, and I hope yours is right.. Even though all of us may have differing opinions, we are all on the same voyage.. All family in a way, waiting for the day that will bless and help so many people!  Hopefully that day is real soon! Thanks for bringing all the news! You are the best news hound out there!!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, yota691 said:

Thank you Yota!!!  A CLEAR voice of reason in the FOREST of confusion!!

:praying::D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, markb57 said:

But the question is still there. What is Abadi waiting on? He has the loans, Iraq for the most part is security now. What is he waiting on to finish this? I don't think anyone knows.

You're asking an honest question. My reply is when you're only part of a handful of good eggs in a bad bunch, you have to be very calculated in your movements. Notice Maliki is still in Iraq. Why? Because Iran is backing him. You have those in government that still back Maliki (recall the "sit-in"). I also truly believe he is working with ISIL to some extent, which is why Fallujah is still being worked on and why Mosul was occupied. I understand how you feel but there is much more at stake than just our money. We are talking about many lives that hang in the balance. Damn my dinar!! If these people (including kids) can get to a semblance of a normal life, they can have it. The Lord will take care of me how he sees fit. 

Now that I'm off my soapbox, what I'm trying to convey is this is much bigger than an RV. Abadi knows it. So does Sadr. Deep down you do, too. Maybe when they get peace, we can get a piece....of prosperity. All we can do is wait my friend.

• Upvote 2

On 7/15/2016 at 10:54 PM, markb57 said:

And what did the protest accomplish? Absolutely nothing. Everything appears to be done. What is Abadi's holdup?

Here the message.... Al-Sadr Leads Protests of Tens of Thousands Demanding Reforms in Iraq

BAGHDAD – One of the most influential and popular religious figures in Iraq led a demonstration of tens of thousands of supporters on Friday in central Baghdad, demanding political reforms and a fight against corruption.

Shiite cleric, Muqtada al-Sadr, said in a speech, read to the crowd by an assistant, that their presence in Tahrir square was to demand fulfillment of comprehensive reforms in all institutions of the Iraqi state.

He added that they will continue to protest peacefully until the demands are met.

The cleric also called for the dismissal of corrupt state officials and those with special privileges, as well as calling for an end to the sectarian and political quotas in government jobs.

In addition, he asked for the formation of a government of independent technocrats, and for the resignation of the members of the Supreme Electoral Commission who should be replaced by suitable, honest and professional people.

and add this...

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Addressing thousands of his supporters gathered in Tahrir Square on Friday, Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr said that “Sunni and Shiite will not sell their homeland.” 

“Today I came to attend the protest, and to support you demands,” Sadr said to his supporters. “You must ask that Baghdad be free and the US must leave Iraq.”

Supporters of the Shiite cleric gathered in Baghdad’s Tahrir square once again on Friday morning.

Sadr%202.JPG

According to Rudaw’s correspondent at Tahrir Square, protesters were chanting “Kurds, Sunnis and Shiites are one, and Iraq is for all.”

Rudaw’s Bahman Hassan added that protesters were threatening to storm Baghdad’s secured Green Zone again, saying “Today we are at Tahrir Square and tomorrow we will be inside the Green Zone.”

Hassan added that Iraqi security forces that had been on duty in Tahrir Square have left the square. Security is now being provided by a Shiite militia group.

“Some 7,000 gunmen belonging to Saraya al-Salam, the military wing of Sadr’s Mahdi army, are securing the protest,” Hassan said.

sadr%206.JPG

The Saraya al-Salam militia did not attend Thursday’s military parade in Baghdad. 

In April, protesting supporters of Sadr broke down the concrete barriers of the fortified Green Zone, which houses the Iraqi government buildings and foreign diplomatic missions, and stormed the parliament building. Demonstrators demanded an end to the endemic government corruption. 

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi had asked people not to heed Sadr’s call to demonstrate on Friday but to stay united in the ongoing war against the Islamic State.

Protests against Abadi were reignited after a car bombing in the Karrada neighbourhood of Baghdad killed nearly 300

• Upvote 2

On 7/16/2016 at 6:37 AM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Things in the world are rapidly changing and I believe that we as a humanity have now reached an impasse,

if you will. A point of no return. This road were all going down has us in it's grasp, and history has shown that it will 

run it's course. 

I know this will be, or already is, posted elsewhere but I wanted to add it to my previous post.

WATCH LIVE: Officials confirm 3 law enforcement officers dead, others injured during shooting

My prayers are going out to the Officers and their families. God help us all! I fear that this will only get worse. 

On 7/16/2016 at 6:53 AM, yota691 said:

Since you brought it up LGD...

God bless you, my friend. I can only pray that Islam would fade away. Indeed one has to wonder how such hatred continues on. I mean at what point do people not get tired of so much hatred? At what point do we as humanity not turn back to our hearts, and respond with love?

• Upvote 3

Sadr's response to the freedom to demonstrate: We are not those who take permission from corrupt to protest law

Political

Since 18/07/2016 19:35 pm (Baghdad time)

NB-154043-635855055659964866.jpg

Baghdad balances News

Ignore the leader of the Sadrist movement endeavors Iraqi lawmakers of their intention approve freedom of expression law and peaceful protest, which feared that undermines freedoms and restricting demonstrations and said in a stinging response to those efforts as "not take permission from corrupt" in a clear indictment of lawmakers and authorities planned law granted the right to give permission to demonstrate .

Sadr said in response to a question by one of his followers who Astvtah on the determination of the House of Representatives to pass a law (freedom of expression and peaceful protest) saying, "We are not those who take permission from corrupt to demonstrate against the corrupt."

The parliament decided to postpone the vote on the draft law of freedom of expression and the right to demonstrate because of the objections, which affected a number of articles of the law.

A source in the parliament to postpone the vote came at the request of the parliamentary human rights committee, pointing to "guide the presidency of the parliament studying the demands and objections of civil society organizations and members of the House of Representatives before proceeding to a vote on the law."

The number of civil society organizations have expressed their opposition to the bill and to the receipt of materials restrict freedom of expression and determine the mass demonstrations in contravention of the articles of the constitution and human rights related to freedom of expression and opinion, in what he described as anti Bmahmlh Act suppress freedoms.

Scored alliance civic organizations reservation and objection to the draft freedom of expression and peaceful protest the law, which meant that the House vote Monday by the Iraqi eighteenth of July.

Said activist and media Afrah Shawqi said in a statement delivered at the Conference: journalist held on Sunday evening, in the presence of a number of civil society organizations and activists, journalists and lawyers at the headquarters of the Tower of Babel Foundation downtown Baghdad, that the points recorded on the law, which is considered a violation of the Constitution and the freedoms and limits of civic activism, especially the vote on the law coincides with the revolution of reform demonstrations taking 

• Upvote 1

Serious information .. dispute between al-Sadr and al-Abadi mounts and will arrive in armed confrontations (Details)

19-07-2016 10:36 AM    
Number of readers: 11384
image.php?token=32ac0c3fd24bf4b2d9e2bef6

Orbit News -

There were reports that the cleric Moqtada al - Sadr, 'preparing for massive demonstrations this week or next week, as the dispute between him and the head of the Iraqi government, Haider al - Abadi rose, on reforms and the ministerial change. 

Sadr said that' the US forces in Iraq remain a target him ', in response to a question about the statement of US Secretary of defense Ashton Carter, last week during his surprise visit to Baghdad, that "the US Department of defense will send 560 additional troops to help Iraqi forces to restore the city of Mosul, northern Iraq." 

for his part , he warned the prime minister, Haidar Abadi, of the existence of any armed appearances among the demonstrators, and threatened to 'deal with them as terrorists, and equipped special forces to this matter.'

• Upvote 1