Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank Governor: equality dinar dollar threatens local production and the deletion of zeros depends on stability - 22.6.2016

DWS112

1 hour ago, Garhy said:

I speak Arabic DW, and nothing in that statement means leading zeros.. just zeros.

Sorry but can someone explain real quick how deleting zeros would be a good thing? Boozer perhaps, since you say it's great?

Wow after so many years here we have an interpreter. That is awesome. Your value here will be tremendously appreciated. 

I believe that some people think it means deleting the zeros from the posted rate.

Maybe you can tell us if its talking about deleting the zeros from just the notes or the rate.

Thanks!!!!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Wow after so many years here we have an interpreter. That is awesome. Your value here will be tremendously appreciated. 

I believe that some people think it means deleting the zeros from the posted rate.

Maybe you can tell us if its talking about deleting the zeros from just the notes or the rate.

Thanks!!!!!

Of course, it would be a pleasure to help out. 

They didn't state whether it would be off the notes or the exchange rate. But since when does redenominating mean taking zeros off right of the decimal like "Adam explained"?

Very hard to believe but also don't want to imagine them taking off 3 zeros from the notes. 

Just gonna have to wait and see I guess..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not to worry.................it's just another previous regurgitated member(previous LOPster) that has changed his/name and come back to offer doom & gloom. It's always good to get a negative perspective on any speculation/investment.....................usually beforehand tho.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

13 hours ago, Laid Back said:

I remember Shabibi's words. " To apply a new monetary policy we need 3 things.

1- Complete seated government..... The ministerial cabinet is not completed yet

2- Security... Mosul still under Daash control

3- Stability... Iraq is still unstable 

Still a lot of work to do............. I'm looking forward to January 2017

All are good points, LB.  Stability?  I am not sure that Iraq will ever be completely stable.   Security?  Iraq has come a long way in battling ISIS.  Yes, Mosul is under ISIS control but not for much longer.   Seated Government?  That can be accomplished in a day.  

Will we sit it hit on July 1st or on January 1st?  No one knows.  

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Exactly Caz.  just because someone says they speak arabic and are NEW here Socal will believe it.  Especially if it goes along with his agenda of a lop.  Yet I am getting the red minuses...

I don't think the dinar will Lop anytime in the near future. But I do believe that when the CB speaks of deleting the zeros it means just that " A Lop "

Just my opinion and not trying to get you all wound up.  Go twist one up and mellow out

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

51 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Well I guess I just trust people which some may consider to be a fault.  But I do find it puzzling that after so many years no one here can speak the language. We are all illiterate in Arabic yet we think we know whats going on over there.

There have been a few in the past that "claimed" to speak Arabic or knew someone that did. Amazingly all had differing opinions as to what was stated. So I guess depending on what side of the fence u stand will determine your level of belief.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Garhy said:

I speak Arabic DW, and nothing in that statement means leading zeros.. just zeros.

Sorry but can someone explain real quick how deleting zeros would be a good thing? Boozer perhaps, since you say it's great?

Delete the zeros is NOT off the currency as in paper money.... it is removing 3 000s from the rate, 0,00089  would make it .89 or 89 cent,, Hope this helps, that means your 25,ooo dinar would be worth $22,250 USD or$ 89,000 per 1 million IQD..

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Boozer said:

Delete the zeros is NOT off the currency as in paper money.... it is removing 3 000s from the rate, 0,00089  would make it .89 or 89 cent,, Hope this helps, that means your 25,ooo dinar would be worth $22,250 USD or$ 89,000 per 1 million IQD..

Did you mean, "$890k per 1 million IQD"?

INDY

• Upvote 2

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:24 PM, TennesseeCherokee said:

My prediction is that on July 1st, there is going to be quite a few folks who will be putting their IQD up for sale. 

While I hope that they can go international by June 30th, in the past 6 years I have not seen Iraq meet any deadlines. Just stating truth....

I AGREE!!  NOT getting my hopes up anymore only to be VERY disappointed!!

:bravo::facepalm::rocking-chair: