Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A remedy for Arthritis

This may sound a bit crazy but I put this together and tried it and it works for me. While talking with an elderly gentlemen on day, we got to talking about cold weather and Arthritis and he told me what he has been using for his first finger that was arthritic to the point of curving in and it has straightened his finger out a lot plus took away the pain, he had been using this for years. He got it from his father handed down. I personally put this together and tried it on my middle finger at the joint connecting my hand and it relieves the pain and stiffness greatly. Here it is, give it a try:

One bottle of clear rubbing alcohol...pour about 1/3 out

Buy a bag or box of Moth balls, mine came with two packs....use one pack, pour into Alcohol

Two large pinches of Epsom Salts

Put all this in bottle shake real good and put in cabinet for one week to let blend good. After one week pour some on a paper towel and press or hold on affected area and it soak into the skin good. Folks this works, I have tried it and still use it when needed and turned a few more unbelieving people on to it and they said it works.

The only drawback from this is the smell of Moth Balls.....it is strong. But relief from Arthritic pain is worth it......Let me know if it works for you. Have a blessed day

• Upvote 3

Hmmmm. Moth balls are basically a pesticide. I don't think putting a pesticide on my body is the wisest choice, HOWEVER, with that said, I DRINK TURPENTINE DAILY. Good old paint thinner. It is very anti-parasitic and strengthens the immune system. So what do I know? Been doing it since last year without any side-effects and, in fact, I developed an irritation/redness to both eyes for 2-years (thought I was developing an allergy to something) and it cleared right-up in 2 doses. So maybe it is safe in the way it is applied? Good on you for trying. If it helps, go for it. Cheers and to your pain-free health.....

• Upvote 3

I heard years ago, ok decades ago, from older people then that said the old remedy for lots of things was to use turpentine. I thought only cuts and stuff like that.  Never heard of drinking it.  But hey if it works, why not?  Usually the old methods work way better than the so called new ones.  There's just no money in old medicine.  Isn't that what it really boils down to?  That scene in Doc Hollywood where Michael J Fox wants to do all that new fangled medical stuff on that kid for swallowing some tobacco and the old Doc gives him a can of coke and solves it all pretty much says it all, right all?

• Upvote 3

Hmmmm. Moth balls are basically a pesticide. I don't think putting a pesticide on my body is the wisest choice, HOWEVER, with that said, I DRINK TURPENTINE DAILY. Good old paint thinner. It is very anti-parasitic and strengthens the immune system. So what do I know? Been doing it since last year without any side-effects and, in fact, I developed an irritation/redness to both eyes for 2-years (thought I was developing an allergy to something) and it cleared right-up in 2 doses. So maybe it is safe in the way it is applied? Good on you for trying. If it helps, go for it. Cheers and to your pain-free health.....

Why not good ol' oregano oil, or the oldies but goodies - wormwood, black walnut and clove combo?

• Upvote 2

10-15 drops on fruit, 1 to 2 times per day. Turpentine has a recorded history over 3,000 years.

All the other stuff is more expensive. Turpentine you can buy at the hardware store-quarts of it-for very little. The essential oils of those other things, you go into the health food store and pay a LOT more for the same effect AND you can clean your paint brushes with it. 2 for 1! It is totally safe. Just don't inhale it.

• Upvote 3

There are lots of old cures....old remedies our past families used and I wished that I had gotten my Mom and Dad to write them down before they passed away years ago........Some of these old remedies are priceless but bare in mind.......the food and drug administration does not want people straying from paying hugh amounts of money for their pills.........Remember this: the Bible say's that the good lord put a cure here on earth for every illness and every disease but society has trained us to accept their way not look for God's way. 

• Upvote 2

***///

Yuh, TANK...... over an open fire.... ON A STICK:lol:  :P

Naw, we were helpin' an old Vet who is a hoarder and a little gray rat bit an 'OlSarge'sGal on the finger.... 

She's going to go blind, her kidneys will fail, there'll be foamin' at the mouth --

guess we'd better lay in some Turpentine !   :(

I guess I'd recommend the same thing I would for a snake bite...good old whiskey! (Actually as a disinfectant on the bite would be good...)

In seriousness - for just about any wound I get anymore I use a redox gel. Helps the skin heal faster, it's disinfecting, and has only 4 non-toxic ingredients. 

Since you don't have that - I've heard that Vitamin E and B gels can be good. Also have a friend that makes a golden seal compress.

• Upvote 1

A cat.

***///

Hahahahahahaha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-a-a-a-aa...!   :lmao::lol: 

No. :mellow:

On accounta then the poor Cat succumbs to the HydraPhoby, too....  :(

... B gels can be good. Also have a friend that makes a golden seal compress.

***///  

We only had B Complex in the house when we read this, so we crushed one into powder with a little Distilled water,

poulticed the bite and left it on for 2 days.  Believe it or not, IT HELPED !   :twothumbs:   

We put BGels on our shopping list!  ;)

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ

A rat bite? Are you ladies serious? First thing you need to know is: Never lecture a rat or a man (might be a real dirty rat, if you know what I mean). Sticking your pointer in a rat (or man's) face is sure to get a reaction, which might mean your finger gets shorter.

Unless the rat is infected with rabies or something crazy like that, just clean the wound well. Keep it clean and covered to prevent further dirt (from that dirty rat) from getting into it. Watch for swelling, discoloration/streaking and you should be fine in a few days. If it gets infected/develop a fever seek medical care.

Now, its not poisonous so there is no venom that needs to be neutralized. It is just a dirt rat (I'm talking the 4-legged animal now). You should drop Provendene or similar. into it daily. That is the iodine-based disinfectant that you can buy anywhere. If you cant find that, just use iodine. Makes your skin reddish-brown. Kills everything. This advice is free from a Dr. Dirty Rat. To your health....cheers

From what I know of you gals, the rat probably died a horrible death! Hahahaha

• Upvote 1

A rat bite?... This advice is free from a Dr. Dirty Rat. To your health....cheers

From what I know of you gals, the rat probably died a horrible death! Hahahaha

***///

Dear Witch Doctor:   :surgeon:

Thank you for your your free diagnosis from your jungle clinic ! :tiphat:

We follow you faithfully, as you know we are great believers in both natural remedy & God's power to heal.

Yes, bawlin' out a dirty rat should NEVER involve shakin' a finger in his little rat face !  We know that now:confused2:

The bite has healed, but the skin around the area is leathery and she's lost sensitivity there.

She's still freakin' out. :eek:  But showin' no signs of foamin' at the mouth -- yet.  :shrug:

And you're right... that rat is probably on his death bed as we speak for having been so bold as to take on one of

the most caustic, acerbic-witted, trained killers on this planet -- an 'OlSarge'sGal !     :wave:  :lmao:

• Upvote 1

Ah, ladies! You making me feel sorry for the rat now. Well, I hope it spreads the word to all the other critters. Skin might peel away in time. Skin regenerates every 30-days or so. Nerves might have been damaged, but it too can heal in time. Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Ah, ladies! You making me feel sorry for the rat now. Well, I hope it spreads the word to all the other critters. Skin might peel away in time. Skin regenerates every 30-days or so. Nerves might have been damaged, but it too can heal in time. Cheers!

***///

Thanks, Doc:tiphat: 

We'd say yer a regular gentile & a schooner, but, OY VAY, we know better !  :lol:  :P

We'll keep you posted !  ;)  :D Love, yer 2 favourite Yentas ! :wub:  :wub:

• Upvote 1

and you know what they say about free advice? You get what you paid for!!! Especially from a Jewish doctor! OI VAY, indeed!!!

I love all the yentas and goiyums, especially you fine, young thangs!

Make this place HOT!!! (besides the fact, its practically 100 degrees, no wind, no a/c and a small fan blowing hot air! Yes, I am all sweaty just by reading your posts!!!)

Edited by Thaiexpat
  • Upvote 1

***///

Look, 'OlSarge'sGal #2, our foreign Gerentologist has a sense of humour ---

he called us "fine, young thangs"...!  :P  :lol:   That's hot !  :wave:  :lmao:

Probably cause he got bit by a snake in Thailand.  I'd say he'd lost his senses.

Besides, older women have the experience.  That's whats HOT!!!

• Upvote 3

FlyHi, sorry to hear. 1. Wash wound site with normal saline-clean well

2. spray or apply providine or iodine-based disinfectant. You can add colloidal silver or tea tree oil, etc also.

3. if flies/bugs/dirt not a problem, keep open and let dry. If they are, cover loosely to protect

4. keep an eye on it AND the dog. Don't know how much rabies they got there

DW is spot on: older women are the best. I have nothing in common with a girl. A real woman gets me sweaty. Thai ladies are mostly UGLY. I find very few to be attractive. Something about a grown woman with smaller breast than me doesn't work. Also, I find they are shallow and money-driven and so many lie. Not impressed with them overall.  Spanish-blood in an Asian girl make for some nice curves and larger cup size!!!! This is why I go to the Philippines so often. Vietnam too: Small frame with 2 things I can concentrate on. Dunno, just saying...still doesn't compare to Ol Sarge's Gals!

Edited by Thaiexpat
  • Upvote 1