Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is the dinar speculator the 800 pound gorilla in the room

ewingm

You are right!  I can't save them.  Its like talking to zombies.  They continuously spout the guru's latest lies and explainations of when the dinar RV's, which is virtually EERY week in their little koolaide, brainwashed minds.  Its so sad to watch.  And they WILL be financially hurt when this is over.  So its not a game to me as it is to Caz, Shabs, and others.  I am here to see if there is anyone really examining this thing, or are you all dinar brainwashed like my people.  So far I have found very little in the way of financially savvy people.  Mostly it just common folk who all took a bite out of the get rich quick apple.  People who are easily led by smooth-talking gurus who twist even an RD to sound like GOOD news!  Its a shame.  This will end badly for millions of folks.

What is the difference between investing $150k in the stock market or Bonds, vs investing in Dinar?  I know people that have their money in bonds and haven't made squat.  While they  may lose a little if this doesn't pan out, they haven't lost it all as you may seem to think.

-

Markinsa,  There is a HUGE difference between investing in an established American mutual fund versus buying a hyperinflated, foreign non-tradeable currency of a third world country. You can Always get your money back with just a phone call in a mutual fund.  To get your dinar money back you will have to physically mail your dinars to a website who may or may not choose to screw you over.  They most assuredly charge a commission for the exchange.  If something goes wrong with a mutual fund transaction, you have all sorts of legal protections to help you.  If a dinar website chooses to screw you over, you have literally NO legal protections, as the dinar is not to be used outside Iraq.  The very fact that you hold dinar in America is questionable from a legal sense.  I hope this helps you understand a little better, just how risky your decision to buy dinar was.

• Upvote 1

Markinsa,  There is a HUGE difference between investing in an established American mutual fund versus buying a hyperinflated, foreign non-tradeable currency of a third world country. You can Always get your money back with just a phone call in a mutual fund.  To get your dinar money back you will have to physically mail your dinars to a website who may or may not choose to screw you over.  They most assuredly charge a commission for the exchange.  If something goes wrong with a mutual fund transaction, you have all sorts of legal protections to help you.  If a dinar website chooses to screw you over, you have literally NO legal protections, as the dinar is not to be used outside Iraq.  The very fact that you hold dinar in America is questionable from a legal sense.  I hope this helps you understand a little better, just how risky your decision to buy dinar was.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  You can bury your talents if you want...

-

Ewingnut,

Markinsa is correct. You can invest/speculate in millions of differing ventures with NO guarantee. I know of many that lost much more  than your "imaginary" family has vested in dinar, during our nations last crash. Another words it happens DAILY to folks everywhere..................you can't win if you don't play. There will always be winners & losers.................it's called life. Your "imaginary" family decided on their own to invest.................let the chips fall where they may...............according to you they've asked you to butt out..................sounds like they know whats at stake and have made up their own minds. You're not very good with hints or direct dialoge I see..............smh

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1

Knowledge, Markinsa, I'm invested in knowledge and wisdom.  I'm invested in trying to save my fellow Americans from losing their money in the best run scam of the century. But its still a scam, as you will eventually find out for yourself.   Trying to save my British brother, DinarBeliever, is a waste of time.  He has sold his brain to the koolaide.  I can't get him back.  M2, Markinsa.  Its all about iraq's M2.  And there will never be a scenario where the CBI will RV 90 TRILLION dinars!

You and I have more in common than I thought.  We're both invested, me in Dinar, and you in knowledge......and neither one of our ships has come in.   :lol: 

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 4

Caz,  As usual, in defense of your scam you are combining apples AND oranges in the same comparison.  Yes you can lose money in the US stock market, and most of us did in 2008, but, most of us made all that money back in spades since then.  Also, you did not lose anything if you did not sell your shares.  The dinar, for the VAST majority of dinar holders, has not made a single penny if they bought since  2009, AND it holds two GREAT dangers.  When the CBI announces an RD, which is almost a certainty with 90 TRILLION dinar in M2,  they COULD consider in-house exchange only, since the dinar is to be used only in Iraq. (read CBI law), or they could simply RD with no restrictions other than a one-two year exchange window before demonitizing the currency you now hold.  My opinion is probably option two, but that holds great travail for millions of dinar holders worldwide.  Due to the AMOUNTS you people hold, you won't be able to use an airport exchange.  You will be forced to mail in your dinar for a website to examine, determine authenticity, and then cut you a check for dollars after a healthy commission fee.  Millions of dinar holders will be scrambling to get in line, and that will create a NIGHTMARE for you people as the DEMONITIZATION clock ticks down to total disaster.  There.  I've said my piece.  Its based on the historicity of currency reform worldwide.  The iraqi dinar is not special.  Its not Babylon, or God's gift to Christians.  Its just a two bit non-tradeable third world currency to be used only by iraqis IN iraq.

Edited by ewingm
  • Upvote 1

Ewingnut,

As I stated in my previous post..........I KNOW OF FOLKS THAT LOST A LOT MORE THAN YOUR STATED "IMGANIARY" FAMILY HAVE VESTED IN DINAR. No where did I state they re-couped those losses. As a matter of fact MOST did NOT. It is apples to apples.................they invested and lost....................pretty simple. They knew the possibilities as DO MOST investors and don't whine & cry about.  

No matter how you slice it.................it's an investment. There is the possibility of differing intangibles with all investments.................bottom line is still the same, you may win or lose. If you're going to whine & cry about the likelihood of failure..........................DON'T INVEST. Stick to delivering newspapers.

• Upvote 1

Ewingnut,

Markinsa is correct. You can invest/speculate in millions of differing ventures with NO guarantee. ......

The difference is that dinarians for the most part DO NOT believe in the NO GUARANTEE part. They relate the dinar to the dollar AND don't believe they can loose their "investment". If you truly understand that you money can ALL be gone ,then OK ,you are an honest speculator.

However true speculators have an understanding of the risks involved BEFORE they place their bet!.

Caz,  As usual, in defense of your scam you are combining apples AND oranges in the same comparison.  Yes you can lose money in the US stock market, and most of us did in 2008, but, most of us made all that money back in spades since then.  Also, you did not lose anything if you did not sell your shares.  The dinar, for the VAST majority of dinar holders, has not made a single penny if they bought since  2009, AND it holds two GREAT dangers.  When the CBI announces an RD, which is almost a certainty with 90 TRILLION dinar in M2,  they COULD consider in-house exchange only, since the dinar is to be used only in Iraq. (read CBI law), or they could simply RD with no restrictions other than a one-two year exchange window before demonitizing the currency you now hold.  My opinion is probably option two, but that holds great travail for millions of dinar holders worldwide.  Due to the AMOUNTS you people hold, you won't be able to use an airport exchange.  You will be forced to mail in your dinar for a website to examine, determine authenticity, and then cut you a check for dollars after a healthy commission fee.  Millions of dinar holders will be scrambling to get in line, and that will create a NIGHTMARE for you people as the DEMONITIZATION clock ticks down to total disaster.  There.  I've said my piece.  Its based on the historicity of currency reform worldwide.  The iraqi dinar is not special.  Its not Babylon, or God's gift to Christians.  Its just a two bit non-tradeable third world currency to be used only by iraqis IN iraq.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Rock/Paper/Scissors,

I don't know who you have talked to but the majority of folks here are DV are levelheaded about ALL the possibilities. It's the LOPster crew that are He**bent on ONLY one outcome. Now do the members here wish for a positive outcome...............well DUH.

• Upvote 1

It is interesting to note that there are now arising "issues" with not getting top prices for dinar if they are not in sequential note order.  I am quite sure this little problem never entered anyone's head when they first bought their dinar.  Even if " uncirculated", the dinar dealers are low balling your buy-back price if the numbers aren't in sequence.  Can you just imagine what the restrictions will be once an RD is announced and you have only one year to exchange?  The dealers will KNOW they have you at their mercy.  They can place any price-dropping restrictions on you they wish, because you have NO OTHER PLACE TO GO!!  Does this not give you pause for concern?  If they are already jacking people around who want to sell, can you just imagine the CHAOS that will ensue when an RD is announced?  I can see this as clear as day,  Why can't you?

• Upvote 1

Why would they not compete for customers like any business would EW.  The highest paying company will get the most business.

With high volume they would stand to make the most.  I think collusion is still illegal regarding setting price with secret meetings behind closed doors.

Not sure why you think there are millions and millions of dinar holders. How are you coming up with that number?

What you are saying is  that ( at 3 million holding dinar ) 1 in 100 american holds dinar?  That seems kind of  high don't you think.

Also the Airport Exchanges can issue checks or do e- transfers.  At least here at LAX they can.  They do require SS number and ID  over $1,000.00

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1

Socialdinar:: Dealing in dinar is a "what the market will bear " business. Since there is no alternate source The dealers can act in concert to set prices... Not illegal. It would not surprise me to find a single WHOLESALER serving as a supplier of new dinar to all the dealers. That alone would make cost of product equal!

BUT with an RV or RD the process reverses the source is the the dinarian community and the task would be to PAY as little as possibile and only buy as much as you can sell or ship back to Iraq. The dealers dont have a lot of dollars in reserve to pay for the dinar they buy so they will buy very little.

BTW:I took your hint and called 2 currency exchanges , Neither one would buy dinar.

Hey Rock,

Did you ask if they sold dinar.  Doubt they would buy if they do not sell dinar. 

Maybe just a bigger market here in Los Angeles and thats why . Not sure. Could be they stopped buying. 

Not sure it's legal but if it was illegal it would be hard to prove. Collusion is just a part of everyday business.

I have seen $100,000 dropped of a bid in the blink of an eye and I'm just a small guy,

Some may  act in concert but the one offering the most Will get the dinar. 

Anyway Its not happening in 2015 I agree with you on that .

One said specifically they dont buy or sell and sounded like he knew the business.

The other sounded like just a clerk , she said that it was not on her system so they didnt trade in it. Guess that meant no buy or sell.

I am sure a lot more international traffic out of LAX and SFO than here especially to ME area.

I just finished reading all the recent posts on Buying and Selling Dinar upstairs.  It is very obvious that the website dealers are beginning the process of low-balling you dinarians who are beginning to sell-off.  Right now there's just a minimum of sellers.  If the CBI announces a REdenomination with an exchange window of a year or so, EVERY dinar holder will HAVE to exchange or lose everything.  And yes, I believe WORLDWIDE there are millions of dinar holders.  In the event of an RD, everyone has to scramble for exchange service.  And NO, Shabs, your local bank isn't going to do this.  Neither is the Fed or WF.  You will be stuck trying to funnel through a limited number of hopefully reputable website dinar dealers.  They KNOW this already.  Anybody with half a brain can see this coming a mile away.  There will be great CHAOS trying to exchange before the window closes.  The ONLY thing that can prevent this nightmare scenario from occurring is if the CBI chooses to RV 90 TRILLION dinar instead.  I think the chance of that happening is virtually non-existent.  Don't you?.  

Edited by ewingm
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

One said specifically they dont buy or sell and sounded like he knew the business.

The other sounded like just a clerk , she said that it was not on her system so they didnt trade in it. Guess that meant no buy or sell.

I am sure a lot more international traffic out of LAX and SFO than here especially to ME area.

I just called a few that i know did buy in the past and they said they  are not buying at this time.  Probably not a good sign.

I personally would not want to be holding on to more than a couple million of these things like I am now.

I have some fun money into this and thats it. Not the farm.  

I just finished reading all the recent posts on Buying and Selling Dinar upstairs.  It is very obvious that the website dealers are beginning the process of low-balling you dinarians who are beginning to sell-off.  Right now there's just a minimum of sellers.  If the CBI announces a REdenomination with an exchange window of a year or so, EVERY dinar holder will HAVE to exchange or lose everything.  And yes, I believe WORLDWIDE there are millions of dinar holders.  In the event of an RD, everyone has to scramble for exchange service.  And NO, Shabs, your local bank isn't going to do this.  Neither is the Fed or WF.  You will be stuck trying to funnel through a limited number of hopefully reputable website dinar dealers.  They KNOW this already.  Anybody with half a brain can see this coming a mile away.  There will be great CHAOS trying to exchange before the window closes.  The ONLY thing that can prevent this nightmare scenario from occurring is if the CBI chooses to RV 90 TRILLION dinar instead.  I think the chance of that happening is virtually non-existent.  Don't you?.  

Well then.......kudos for the superior vision your half brain produces.   ;) 

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 1