Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CAN MUSLIMS BE GOOD AMERICANS?????

moose 57

My goodness, what interesting responses.

It is easy to justify whatever seems right in our own eyes! :lol:

Perception is an interesting thing. According to some here,

it would have been the "right" and 'godly' thing for Jesus to

being killing and slaughtering those who were opposed to

him, no? Why didn't He kill Judas? Why didn't He grab that

trusty sword and kill his abductor's such as Peter tried, and

was rebuked? Why didn't Stephen, while being stoned, take

some of those creeps with him, and give them a good a$$ whooping?

Why did Stephen pray for his enemies, and forgive them while he was being

slaughtered? Why did Jesus demand that we pray for our enemies? Why

not just tell us to kill them if they try and harm us? Why did the apostles

NOT fight back when many of them were being dragged off to their deaths,

call upon their 'brethren' to rise up and kill their enemies? Why did they

also ask that their 'enemies' be forgiven? What did they understand that

it appears was lost over time? How could they be so 'weak' and NOT give those

SOB's a good thrashing? At the very least, they could have screamed

threats at their enemies, hoping and wishing for them to be burned and tortured

in and endless state of punishment right? Why were they so 'weak'? Why not

use that beloved sword? Would it not be 'ok'...just self defense right? Could it

not have been justified? Why were all these folks NOT filled with FEAR???

If God was FOR them, who could be against them? What they should have done,

according to many here, was to stand up for themselves and kill their enemies

right? Any threat, just pursue it and blot it out, after all, that is the responsible thing

to do, no?

Amazing how we justify whatever 'fits' the attitude of our vengeful hearts. Kill, and 

keep killing until what? Who really is our 'enemy'? Who is our adversary? We need only

take a peek in the mirror...like it or not, THAT one is our enemy until we learn to over

come our own hatred, bias, and selfishness. It is all a matter of the heart. be wise as serpents,

and harmless as doves, right? Love your enemies, do good to those who mistreat you

and have contempt for you right?...or has this all changed in our modern line of 'thinking'?

Bless those who persecute you right? Bless and curse not...right? Apparently, NO, this is not

at all what we are to follow after, according of course, to some comments here. Is it any wonder

we are our own worst enemies?  :lol:

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 4

There's so many different viewpoints to this thread. I take people at face value and who they are. There will always be enemies of life, jealousies and such but i refuse to have any other opinion about how how I believe and what is laid upon my heart. 2 words..

Jesus Wept.

As far as anything else is empty words.

I love you all... thats just how I roll...  :peace:  :)

• Upvote 3

Nelg wrote, "By the way, the Ten Commandment were to all nations, but only given to the nation Israel until the Messiah came." [/size]

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/187406-can-muslims-be-good-americans/page-3#ixzz3EWDlAmoG[/size]

It should read,  "By the way, the Ten Commandments were not to all nations but were only given to the nation of Israel until the Messiah came.  

All the moral laws are universal and still valid for Christians and all nations.  It is only the fourth commandment that is not binding for Christians." 

Really? Thou shalt keep the sabbath is not binding on Christians ?

May I respectfully inquire as to your reasoning for this statement?

My goodness, what interesting responses.

It is easy to justify whatever seems right in our own eyes! :lol:

Perception is an interesting thing. According to some here,

it would have been the "right" and 'godly' thing for Jesus to

being killing and slaughtering those who were opposed to

him, no? Why didn't He kill Judas? Why didn't He grab that

trusty sword and kill his abductor's such as Peter tried, and

was rebuked? Why didn't Stephen, while being stoned, take

some of those creeps with him, and give them a good a$$ whooping?

Why did Stephen pray for his enemies, and forgive them while he was being

slaughtered? Why did Jesus demand that we pray for our enemies? Why

not just tell us to kill them if they try and harm us? Why did the apostles

NOT fight back when many of them were being dragged off to their deaths,

call upon their 'brethren' to rise up and kill their enemies? Why did they

also ask that their 'enemies' be forgiven? What did they understand that

it appears was lost over time? How could they be so 'weak' and NOT give those

SOB's a good thrashing? At the very least, they could have screamed

threats at their enemies, hoping and wishing for them to be burned and tortured

in and endless state of punishment right? Why were they so 'weak'? Why not

use that beloved sword? Would it not be 'ok'...just self defense right? Could it

not have been justified? Why were all these folks NOT filled with FEAR???

If God was FOR them, who could be against them? What they should have done,

according to many here, was to stand up for themselves and kill their enemies

right? Any threat, just pursue it and blot it out, after all, that is the responsible thing

to do, no?

Amazing how we justify whatever 'fits' the attitude of our vengeful hearts. Kill, and 

keep killing until what? Who really is our 'enemy'? Who is our adversary? We need only

take a peek in the mirror...like it or not, THAT one is our enemy until we learn to over

come our own hatred, bias, and selfishness. It is all a matter of the heart. be wise as serpents,

and harmless as doves, right? Love your enemies, do good to those who mistreat you

and have contempt for you right?...or has this all changed in our modern line of 'thinking'?

Bless those who persecute you right? Bless and curse not...right? Apparently, NO, this is not

at all what we are to follow after, according of course, to some comments here. Is it any wonder

we are our own worst enemies?  :lol:

If you can allow anyone, not just Islamic people to kill you or your family without lifting a hand in self defense

You are a "better" man than me!!!!

Jesus is the model I will just have to be the imperfect second draft because I WILL defend my family and self to the DEATH!

I am not wired to turn the other cheek where my innocent family is concerned.

I do not wish to create animosity between you and I Jim but homie will not play that game.

• Upvote 6

Hi Mulesalyer :)

Appreciate your comments my friend. Animosity? About what? No problems

with your stance at all, and even if I did have a problem, why should I/we allow

it to cause animosity? We all walk according to our motives and manner of heart,

but first we must never allow our actions to betray our words, and that is why I

asked all those questions.

Defending ones loved ones and families is not what this is about at all. Justifying

hatred and religious bias is a whole different arena, and it is so prevalent that it

is mind numbing :lol:

No better than the very ones that are being accused here right? The only animosity

present that I see is what is contained within some of the comments of this thread, where

it should stay and not be transferred to others.

We are all imperfect Muleslayer, no doubt about it and it is a healthy thing to be able to

admit it, like you did. At least you are not presenting yourself as one thing and then

trashing it by your own tongue via your fingers. :lol:

No my friend, not a bit of animosity at all, neither is there any toward those who cannot

help themselves but to keep hatred and bias alive. it is just part of who they are, and how

they must live from day to day, or maybe they purposely enjoy threads such as these, it is

an outlet for their rage perhaps, I don't know, just an observation from a guy who has been

around the block a few times :lol:

Have a good night Muleslayer :)

Jim

• Upvote 2

sam.....just asking (youth wants to know.....;-)

What is your interpretation of what an ''infidel'' is per the Quran.

How might they be treated? Do most Muslims subscribe to the

teachings of the Quran? In strict fashion?.......... :shrug:

Im going to skirt around your question with this comment. My son-in-law doesn't. Does this make him a true muslim ( don't know ) but does it make him a muslim that can live in the United States and pay taxes, work, and use our currency and still abide by the rules of our country ( yes he does ). Can he accept my beliefs and my mothers ( yes he does ) so I can't speak for all the others but I would suggest to you... if you don't know a muslim personally than get to know one. I will defend my daughter at all cost. 

• Upvote 1

Really? Thou shalt keep the sabbath is not binding on Christians ?

May I respectfully inquire as to your reasoning for this statement?

I know that what I said gives Christians some concern.  Most of our life we have called Sunday, the “Christian Sabbath.”  This is a misnomer for it is not a “Sabbath” or “seventh day” at all.  Sunday is the first day of the week and not a Sabbath.  The first time that the Sabbath is mentioned during the first 2654 years of history was on Sinai. Contrary to what many believe, God did not command anyone to keep the seventh day until the Jews were delivered from Egyptian captivity.In giving Israel the command to keep the Sabbath, God used the same day upon which he had rested, or ceased the work of creation (Cf. Gen 2:3; Ex 20:8-11; Ex 31:17),  but the command to keep the Sabbath was not given, or made known, until the giving of the law on Mt. Sinai (Cf. Neh 9:13, 14; Ezek 20:10-12).  This was approximately 2650 years after the Creation. 

The covenant with all the commands and laws, which included the Sabbath commandment, was made with the nation Israel only (Ex 20:2; Dt 5:15). Israel was commanded to keep the Sabbath as a reminder that they had been delivered from bondage to Egypt (Cf. Dt 5:12-15).  This limits the commandment to those who were in bondage in Egypt and were delivered, that is nation Israel. The generation receiving the commandment had not served in bondage in Egypt; all those who had actually served under Pharaoh were now dead with the exception of Caleb, Joshua, and Moses. Thus, the pronouns refer to the nation Israel.  And, as stated in the following Scripture, the Sabbath was given as a sign between God and the children of Israel (Ex 31:17; Ezek 20:12-20).   If all nations were commanded to keep the Sabbath, how could it have been a sign between God and one nation, Israel?  Also, no nation was ever commanded to keep the Sabbath nor were they ever punished for not keeping the Sabbath laws.  However, there were many times they were condemned and judged for breaking the moral laws that are universal in application.

It is also stated in Deuteronomy 5:16 that the law and commandments were given to those whom the Lord had given land.  This also limits the Ten Commandments to Israel for no other nation or people have been promised land.  The Scriptures tell the Christian that we are “strangers and pilgrims (1Pt 2:11) and that our citizenship is in heaven (Phil 3:20).  No land is promised to Christians.  The blessing of land to Israel was a temporal blessing, while the blessings to the Christian are spiritual and eternal (Rom 8:18-19).

The Decalogue or Ten Commandments, though it contains moral principles that apply to all ages, as a code of laws, is purely Jewish and local in its jurisdiction.The Sabbath was ceremonial and not part of the moral laws that are contained in the Decalogue.  If the Sabbath was part of the moral law, then Jesus was guilty of breaking a moral law (which He would never do).  This was the conflict that Jesus had on many occasion with the Pharisees and Scribes (Mt 12:1-8). But additionally, the covenant made with Israel when they came out of Egypt, which included the Ten Commandments, was predicted/prophesied to be abolished and replaced by a new covenant (Jer 31:31ff), which happened at the cross (Heb 8:6-13).  Actually Hebrews chapters 8, 9, 10, are very clear and powerful on this subject.  You might also read: 2Cor 3:6-14; Rom 7; Col 2:14-16; Gal 4:21-31.Christian congregations worship on the first day of the week and not the seventh day of the week. 

There are some good reasons for their choice of that day:

·      On this day Jesus established the fact of the resurrection and of a future life, and so confirmed all the promises of God and the hopes of the church by his resurrection (Ac 17:31).

·      On this day He was declared to be the Son of God by the resurrection from the dead (Ro 1:4).

·      On this day He repeatedly appeared to His disciples. (Cf. Mt 16:9-11; Mt 28:8-16: Mk 16:12-18; Jn 20:9-23)

·      On this day Jesus ascended to His Father, and received all power in heaven and in earth. (Jn 20:17-23; Mt 28:18).

·      On this day many of the dead saints arose (Mt 27:52, 53); death was conquered, the grave overcome (Rev 1:18), the devil defeated, salvation secured, while earth and heaven rejoiced.

·      Around this day cluster all the hopes of a lost but redeemed world.  Jesus might have suffered and died, and still men would have been lost. It was the resurrection that brought life. It should stir the heart of every Christian, and move sinners to repentance, as indeed it has done every week from that day on!

o   Jesus again met with His disciples on the eighth day after His resurrection, which was the next Sunday. (Jn 20:26).

o   The baptism with the Holy Spirit, which made the Spirit available for all mankind, was on Sunday -- Pentecost came on the first day of the week (Lev 23:15). Hence, all the events of the second chapter of Acts, the birthday of the church, took place on the first day of the week (Ac 2:1ff).

o   The first gospel sermon proclaiming Jesus as the Son of God was preached on the first day of the week (Ac 2:22-36).

o   Three thousand souls, the first fruits of the gospel harvest (Lev 23:17) were added to the church that began on that Pentecost, the first day of the week (Ac 2:41, 47).

o   The church assembled on the first day of the week to break bread, to observe the Lord's Supper, and other elements of New Testament worship (Ac 20:7; 2:42; 1Co 16:2; 11:22-33; Heb 10:25).

o   The Christians are to make their contributions on Sunday (1Co 16:1, 2).

Keeping the resurrection day as a day of worship exalts Christ, and acknowledges that He is the Head of the Church, whom we are to hear in all things. The Christian's loyalty to Christ should lead the saint to use the day to let up from the daily routine, should participate in united worship, mutual edification, and spiritual refreshing, which will assist the child of God for the strain of the ensuing week.

The observance Sunday as a day of worship is not a legal matter, but a privilege.  One is "not under law, but under grace."

When we examine the New Testament for a command or restriction governing the observance of the first day of the week as a day of corporate worship -there are none to be found.  We have inferences and examples as to what we are to do on this day of worship, but not a command.

Romans 14:1-12 states that there is freedom in the days one observes.  The point is that every day should be given to the Lord and viewed as holy.  There is no restriction to any one day.  The esteeming or honoring of every day is characteristic of the mature Christian in contrast to the "weaker brother," who esteems one day.  

Is there then to be no weekly observance?  Certainly there is.  The first day of the week, Sunday, is given to us not in the way of a legal command, but as a privilege, in order that the observance may be acceptable to God.  It is not a legal matter, but one of loyalty to a loved Savior. 

The Christian should recognize that the world does not associate laxity on the Lord's Day with spiritual Christianity.   That is, the non-Christian world expects the child of God to worship on Sunday.  Even though we are not commanded to observe the day, it should be our hearts desire to be with other saints in fellowship and praise.  (Cf. 1Co 8:9; Ro 14:13, 21)

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Yourempire

Of the 55 men who signed the constitution, 53 of them were active members of the

church. THIS IS A CHRISTIAN NATION. Built on the faith of REAL HOLY SPIRIT filled men, not

on the perversions of hypocrites who preach lies, drawing unto themselves preachers

Who scratches there itchy ears. They are the very ones who readily attack evangelical Christians

such as I. Because the truth is not as they say. HELL is real, and many there be that

find it. But the road to salvation is narrow, and few there be on it. So go on, spread your

lies, you WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. AND NO NO NO NO I WILL NEVER CEASE

TO SPEAK THE TRUTH.

PRAY FOR REVIVAL EVERYDAY

9-28-2014

ETD

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

I've tried so hard not to comment in this thread, but can't no longer stay silent. I have a question for the ones in this thread, except for

Dive, because I already asked him.. lol!!!!!!!!... and he is still graciously kind... so to the others do you know a Muslim personally? I mean one on one?. The above statement have me so confused, because the Muslim I know.. pays his taxes, uses our money in God We Trust and still prays 5 times a day to his God but also associates with my Christian mother and me. He loves my daughter and doesn't try to change her, as a matter of fact they will be home from Turkey today after spending time with his family and their country. So please enlighten me. Don't throw bible scriptures or sermons to me ( I already know who I am ) just answer my question is all.

I understand what happened on 911 was the day the world stopped and unfortunately we are dealing with it. I love my country and what she stands for and I love my daughter and who she is and stands for.

Yes.  I know several.  That is why that I posted that they can be good citizens. See post #16.  Those who are willing to be good citizens are not under consideration, but those who are radically impose their beliefs, their laws, and their government on the rest of us.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Many of the Founding Fathers were not Christian. Pagans and deists. They were escaping Christians who were persecuting them for their religious beliefs in Europe. Just as some Christians are persecuting Muslims now.

Who tells you all Muslims want to wipe you off the face of the earth? (Internet blogs?) There are millions of Muslims who are very upset their religion has been hijacked by radical Fundies like ISIS.

Ever wonder why they are so angry? (enter:  history here, invasions by the west, and occupations for oil, etc) All that history is conveniently ignored by conservatives, then on 911 the bully on the playground finally gets his nose broken and squeals "They want to kill us!"

"Ass whooping" not in the Bible.

Well put

You may be correct on the men who signed the Constitution.  They may have been Deists, but what they wrote in the Constitution is still valid and correct.  But they were not fleeing Christians who were persecuting them!  Where did you get that information?  Many of those coming to the new world (America) were desiring religious freedom and they found it.  There is still freedom of religion in America.  Their is NOT the freedom to impose laws and regulations not in consistent with the religious freedoms of America and the Constitution. Nor are they free to break the law, not pay taxes, and seek the overthrow of the government. If they do, they should be arrested and deported.  

"Who tells us they want to wipe us off the face of the earth?"  I'm sure you are not that blind or deaf that you have not seen and heard from their own preachers and writings that that is just what they want to do.  It IS FROM THEIR OWN WORDS!  

From the third statement it seems that you are being recruited by Muslim propaganda!  

Is that what you really think?   :shakehead:    

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yes.  I know several.  That is why that I posted that they can be good citizens. See post #16.  Those who are willing to be good citizens are not under consideration, but those who are radically impose their beliefs, their laws, and their government on the rest of us.  

Thank You... :) and this is for you and your dear wife, keep up the good work... :).. to lighten the mood... Luv Ya

• Upvote 2

My proclivity towards issues of CHRISTIAN faith is very well documented here.

But let me witnessing someone hurting my family, friends, or even you, and I most

certainly will kill them if that's what's necessary to save others. And then I'll turn around

fall on my knees and thank God there dead and were not.

Afterwards, I think I'll have a meatball sandwich.

And Somehow Just By 'Coincidence' It's $5 Meatball Sandwich Month At Subway ! :o

:D:D:D

Thank You... :) and this is for you and your dear wife, keep up the good work... :).. to lighten the mood... Luv Ya

Thanks Littlesam. And thanks for remembering that this has been our ("wif" & I) "theme" song for 51 years!  Great are the promises of God.  

• Upvote 1

Puritans were fleeing religious persecution, among others. Then more had to separate and form other religious colonies (Anne Hutchinson...) because local colonialist Christians persecuted them. 

If there is religious freedom in America, then where is there a thread like this?

Thanks for acknowledging deists among the founding fathers. Now admit they also had strong feelings against mixing religion and government - that's why they had separation of church and state.

Notice how when you write of it, you lump it all together - religious freedoms AND the Constitution. 

I think you refer to your idea of God. Other Americans must follow your idea of God and a God/Government. Not their idea of God. (this is not freedom by the way, Nelg.)

As for the "wiping us off the face of the earth"  Are they saying this? Yes. They are a small group of vocal fundamentalists. ALL MOSLEMS do not want to KILL US ALL. 

Notice something else - if you fall for this crap that they are going to kill us, so we have to kill them first...you are falling for the trap the elites have laid - to expand their empire overseas using our sons to fight it.

There is freedom of religion in the USA, otherwise we would not be able to discuss this topic anywhere.  Which is also our freedom of speech in this country.  

I am not a proponent of mixing religion and politics.  Yet I do believe that for individuals in politics, it would be best for them to have a strong faith-based foundation for their life; particularly one that assist them in rejecting moral, political, and social corruption.   We are a nation that allows religious freedom and there is NO STATE RELIGION.  Our government, when founded, did not try to remove religion from the government, but they wanted to keep government from infringing on the rights and business of religion.  Government has an innate desire to control everything. The Constitute controls government from trying to dominate religion and make religion conform to secular norms.  Today those controls of government are being eroded, and more and more it is rushing in to control everything, including what you and I now permitted to believe religiously.  

Christianity is only one of many religions in this country.  However, as a Christian, prefer that their faith would be in Jesus Christ.  I believe, and will continue to believe that Christ is the answer to many of our problems.  I am just a traveler for a few years here on this earth.  My citizenship is in heaven.  Therefore, as an alien in this world, I could be resident of any country and be happy.  

I do believe that the USA was founded on some of the basic principles of the Judeo-Christian religions. This has never been a problem for freedom OF religion.  No individual or government has the power to determine what one believes, whether that is atheism, religion, or cookie ideas of government.  We have them all here in the USA.  Again, no one has the power to control your belief-system.  But there are basic principles of government that can and must control what one does in that faith-based system.  Suppose that a group believed it is their god's will that 1 out of 10 babies must be offered by fire for a sacrifice to their god?  Should the people of that country allow that religion to kill and burn the babies?  Of course not!  Should government intervene?  Certainly!  In such a case the government and people would be remiss if it were allowed!  

When you lump everyone into the caldron of "Muslim haters" you are unjust in you assessment.  Most of those posting are rejecting the radical Muslim.  I know Muslims who are not radical and who are good citizens of this country. And, they remain Muslim in their faith.  But there are many who have been converted to Christianity once they understand true Christianity. But the basic premises of the Muslim religion is either convert, paid exorbitant taxes, or die.  That is not radical Muslim belief, but the foundation of their religion.  They progressed and spread their faith with that philosophy.  The "radical" is simply going back to the "fundamentals" of Mohammed's teaching.  The moderate Muslim will be killed if they do not accept the fundamentals.  Many are in America for that reason.  

By the way, if Christians are persecuted by Muslims simply for being Christians, then that persecution or death is not a problem.  It is when the Muslim (are any terrorist) tries to take the life of another simply because they are different, that ANYONE has the right to protect themselves.  A thief breaks into my home can expect that I will defend my property. If they attack my wife, they can expect to die.  If murders and thieves don't want to die, stay out of my house.  

The same holds true for America and freedom.  If the Muslim can come and obey the laws of America and not oppose the laws of the land; if they come and not forcibly impose their beliefs; if they do not try to impose Sharia law in place of the laws of America; if they quietly worship their god; then they are free to do so.  But if they try to do all the above, then they can expect resistance, rejection, and deportation . . . and in some cases death.  This is still our house and our things.  Be apart of US and they can be theirs as well. Try to destroy it and change it . . . expect conflict.       

• Upvote 8

:salute:All of you people are safe in your houses, free to say and do as you wish

because rough men stand ready to do harm on those that would violate your safety.

This is as real as it gets no matter what your faith.

• Upvote 1

:salute:All of you people are safe in your houses, free to say and do as you wish

because rough men stand ready to do harm on those that would violate your safety.

Many on this site have had to face "rough me" in battle. Some years ago. Some are still fighting.  Some "countries" are safe because of the sacrifice given to assist the people of those countries in eraticating (I know how to spell it.) the "rough men" from their borders.  We stand ready to do the same extermination process for those who ask.  But there are forces that handcuff the efforts of strong men and women ready and willing to help.  

I pray that you will remain safe.  

• Upvote 1

Alot of us are safe in our houses including me. Doesnt mean we didnt do our time as rough men.

It also doesnt mean we are feeble and old.  

We used to be tough now we`re pretty much 

dangerous   :)    

I can live side by side with anyone on the planet that shows respect for me others and offers up no violence and I will gladly show them the same respect.

As long as we both have mutual respect for one another.

I`ll let them live.   :)  

• Upvote 3

Half the knuckleheads on this thread are happy that hundreds of  Christians are being slaughtered every day in the mid east right now.  I am praying for you.

Funny you say this. What are your thoughts on israel slaughtering christian Palestinians?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Alot of us are safe in our houses including me. Doesnt mean we didnt do our time as rough men.

It also doesnt mean we are feeble and old.

We used to be tough now we`re pretty much

dangerous :)

I can live side by side with anyone on the planet that shows respect for me others and offers up no violence and I will gladly show them the same respect.

As long as we both have mutual respect for one another.

I`ll let them live. :)

WELL said!

What's the matter, empire, can't handle the truth. LOL

PRAY FOR REVIVAL EVERYDAY

ETD

I do believe empire got the ban hammer.

I wonder who empire really was?

Nosey people like me want to know! :)

Edited by Muleslayer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1