Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This Is America. If You Find Our Flag Offensive, Get The F#$% Out...

mrparrot

Firefighters Ordered to Get Rid of Their Patriotic Decals

(CBS) — Four Maywood firefighters have been relieved of duty for the day, and more could be disciplined Wednesday, for refusing to remove American flag decals from their helmets and lockers.

The four refused to comply with an order issued last week by Chief Craig Bronaugh to remove all stickers from their helmets and lockers. The four drew the line when it came to the flag decals.

A representative from Service Employees International Union Local 73, which represents the firefighters, met for an hour with Chief Bronaugh Tuesday afternoon, with the union hoping Chief Bronaugh would modify his order.

Instead, he ordered the firefighters sent home immediately, pending disciplinary action.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1031800/pg1

• Upvote 5

Ya know, were getting to the place where all those stinking boot licking bureaucrats fanatic devotion to obummers obvious anti-American agenda will create a groundswell of grassroots resistance.

I wonder, how are those spineless jellyfish gonna save face when patriotic Americans finally take this country?

• Upvote 2

Wouldn't it be appropriate if all of the firefighters in that house suddenly "fell ill" and couldn't make it to work for a week or so?

Let that POS "Chief" go make all those calls himself and see how that works out for everyone.

Either that or maybe the guys should replace the USA flag stickers with ones from Russia, China, Mexico or switch out the hats entirely for blue UN hats.

When it gets to the point that you can't stand for your own country, what's the point of standing for your own community?

Hopefully, the people of Maywood (or any other communities that try this) will rise up on this travesty and bring the "Chief" down a few notches.

Okay, my husband knows the Maywood fire chief personally and there is definitely more to the story than the media is telling. The media is making this into an anti American issue and that is just not so.  It all started with an inappropriate sticker put on another ff's locker by a few other ff's.  That sticker was offensive and rude.  The chief advised them that that was inappropriate and it was being removed. That started a "war" and it then escalated to the new rule of NO stickers of any kind on the lockers or fire department gear. Yes, an exception could have been made for the American Flag, however, after being married to a Firefighter for many years I understand how most of those guys push the limits and it becomes a childish game to see what they can get by with.  The chief could have handled it better but didn't. He is a good guy caught in a situation that was mishandled by all parties.  And of course, the firefighters would were suspended were playing the game of "I can do what I want" and they called the media rather than sitting down with the chief and talking. If they would have done that rather than demanding that what they wanted be allowed, the situation would be different at this point.

RVWITHME....but then my hubby would be the one to cover the Maywood dept :( 

Edited by FlintNPebbles
  • Upvote 1