Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

News from on the ground in Iraq

Pbeach

I was hoping to see something explaining why the big rush on banks in Iraq (not assumptions) . Amazing how secretive they are . Is it possible it is just another Ruse to keep us confused ? I realize with the time zones , more to come out after hours . But the mystery deepens.

Hey Quad, haven't seen that one yet, I cover F-1 and F-3 and we have a North Bank right here between both Camps, doors are locked, it's Friday and nobody's home today, I have to head back over to F-3 in the morning, so once I'm done over there I'll check it out again and even stop in and see if they have any of those "collectable" 1's, 5's, 10's, and 20's...lol I'll act stupid but try to find out some kind of intel, they'll just think I'm some dumb happy go lucky American who don't know squat.

I'll post when I find out.

We're 7 hrs ahead EST. for those who don't know,

V

yep chief, this one will be at F2 big px, theyre building a new bank there right at the bus stop. bank of baghdad. i just thought it was cool. also noticed LNs working in the px.

all good stuff

yep chief, this one will be at F2 big px, theyre building a new bank there right at the bus stop. bank of baghdad. i just thought it was cool. also noticed LNs working in the px.

all good stuff

Awesome, I'll have to run by there and check it out. Maybe we can get lunch sometime and swap intel.

Lemme know.

V

Does anyone know the average income for a Iraqi citizen?

Just wondering, if they make at least 1,200 USD a month this means a lot of Iraqi’s will be millionaires when the change happens.

I saw a report from 2005 that it was around $200 which means 300,000 to 400,000 IQD's a month.

When the change happens is this feasible in the real world economy? How can someone be making $200 and jump up to $300,000 in USD after the RV??

This is a legit question of which I do not understand.... :unsure:

Keep in mind this is a one-time thing.

Just wondering, if they make at least 1,200 USD a month this means a lot of Iraqi’s will be millionaires when the change happens.

I saw a report from 2005 that it was around $200 which means 300,000 to 400,000 IQD's a month.

When the change happens is this feasible in the real world economy? How can someone be making $200 and jump up to $300,000 in USD after the RV??

it's a great question...and the only way to accomplish it would be to adjust salaries...they would have to do the same for all prices...both would be a huge undertaking.

It is my understanding that after a RV/RI all wages and prices for goods would be readjusted to reflect the new value. So if there making 1 million dinar a month now and we get a 1 to 1 RV they would be then payed 1000 dinar a month. JMO

For those questioning the date and time of Pbeach's post, please note the post was for yesterday's date when Iraq banks were open....also if her son talked to friends in Iraq at night, when they conveyed the info, would it not stand to reason they had worked their shift already and the evening/nighttime is the only time they have opportunity to talk with friends/family?

I for one appreciate the post and anything positive that is coming out of Iraq on a first-hand basis. Thank you Pbeach, and please continue with anything you may be fortunate to hear and for sharing with us.

• Upvote 1

Extracted from NP and posted by dejavu

another rumor from hubby and his gang, LOL

first is from the guy who is teaching english and started investing in business over there, says something is definitely going on with money some folks seem very excited, he is trying to get the scoop

second, is friend's father who is in some sort of banking, not sure of his job, he told son one of two currencies will increase in value today, either dong or dinar, he told son he feels it's teh dinar because of certain things he heard, have no clue what those things are, but guy will be calling back later if he here's anything else, or never if neither revalues imo, LOL

Read more:

Maybe?

Bank denies dong devaluation talk

http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/E...tion-talk.html

Alright, I'm recently assigned to Baghdad now, and guess what there is a Iraqi North Bank just around a mile away, I drove by the other day and waved as someone was coming out the door, so I'll stop by and see about gathering some intel as soon as I get a chance, maybe I can find out something by being tactful.

We'll see, I'll post as soon as I find out!

V

THANKS A LOT BUDDY. GOD BLESS AND BE SAFE.

• Upvote 1

Don't get your hopes up based on this 'thread'. There is nothing substantial to be found in any response made to the first postin this thread. We are closer to a RV, only because the days keep fleeing past us, and the people of Iraq are making progress in establishing their government.

Okay, drove by the Iraqi North Bank this morning around 9:15 or so, not open locks on the gate in front of the doors. Spent the whole day at the other base, drove back by about 4:45 this afternoon returning to my home base, locks still on the door. Closed it appears yesterday and today, I'll be heading back over there daily for the next 4 days or so, so should find out something. It's on a base, so I don't expect a whole lot of Iraqi traffic or lines in and out of there. In towns it might be different, but I suspect on bases not so much. We have many Iraqi's, soldiers included on the bases, so this would stand to be somewhat of a scene on a base if it's true.

I'll let you know when I see something. So far NADA.

V

• Upvote 1

My son who was in the Army just talked to friends in Iraq who said the the Iraqi people were jamming the banks in Iraq to exchange their dollars and other currencies for DINARS.

Contact in Iraq said they had to guard Iraqi banks because large of Iraqis trying to get to the banks.

Believe they may have heard something about the RV comings. Take it for what it is worth but did come contacts in Iraq.

I FIND IT FUNNY THAT ADAM'S CBI CONTACT HASN'T NOTIFIED HIM, THAT SOMETHING IS TAKING PLACE IN THE BANKS. :rolleyes::lol:

Alright, I'm recently assigned to Baghdad now, and guess what there is a Iraqi North Bank just around a mile away, I drove by the other day and waved as someone was coming out the door, so I'll stop by and see about gathering some intel as soon as I get a chance, maybe I can find out something by being tactful.

We'll see, I'll post as soon as I find out!

V

Thank you Chief for your service and thank you for taking the pulse of info there. We will be waiting to hear what you hear.

• Upvote 1

Okay, drove by the Iraqi North Bank this morning around 9:15 or so, not open locks on the gate in front of the doors. Spent the whole day at the other base, drove back by about 4:45 this afternoon returning to my home base, locks still on the door. Closed it appears yesterday and today, I'll be heading back over there daily for the next 4 days or so, so should find out something. It's on a base, so I don't expect a whole lot of Iraqi traffic or lines in and out of there. In towns it might be different, but I suspect on bases not so much. We have many Iraqi's, soldiers included on the bases, so this would stand to be somewhat of a scene on a base if it's true.

V

THANKS FOR THE INFO AND ALL YOU DO FOR US OVER THERE!!

• Upvote 1

V

Hey chief ,i appreciate your efforts to gather intel, i truly hope you find something related to RV there.. good luck

• Upvote 1

Thank you Chief for your service and thank you for taking the pulse of info there. We will be waiting to hear what you hear.

And if I forgot to mention it, God Bless you every moment of every day!

• Upvote 1