Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Who is in the Houston area?

I'm going to be doing some travelling next week, and will be in Houston for some training.  Going to have most of my evenings free, and would love to have the chance to meet any of my fellow Dinarians. 

Also looking for recommendations on places to eat, things to do, etc.  For those of you familiar with the area, I will be near the Galleria area.  Already planning on the Angus Grill Brazilian Steak House one evening.  Hey - the Montana boy needs his beef for strength...

Goode Company, Tankdude -

They used to be just inside the loop on Richmond, in a small nondescript location - benches, picnic tables - and the finest barbeque, and on weekends good live music. Been years since I was there, took expats there. This is the food house that H.W. flew to Russia to cater a big shindig. 

III Forks

1201 San Jacinto St
Houston, TX 77002     We haven't been to the one here in Houston yet, but the one in Dallas is exceptional!!!!!!!!!!!!  A little pricey but worth every penny! :)   Are you coming in for the OTC?

Thanks everyone - looks my lunch and dinner plans are coming together -

PattyAngel - I love Mexican - it just doesn't love me. *lol* I get some acid reflux from a hiatal hernia...not near as bad as I used to, but I'll bring a bottle of tums along just in case (As well as an extra dose of molecules *LOL*)

oldtimer - The Cracker Barrel is always one of my fall back positions - I do like their food.  When I travelI like to find the more out of the way places that basically the locals go to. I get more of an opportunity to meet some local people and get a feel for the area.

Tuck - will look into it. If it's good enough for H.W. - then good enough for me!!!

kcw- No - not for the OTC. I'm there for some software classes from 11-17 May - so I'm there the week after. Classes are running from 9 AM to 4 PM, so I have a good chunk of time in the evenings.

Butifldrm - Now that's a sandwich!!!

You also need to make plans to visit MT Bert...Beleive me, I'll roll out the hospitality carpet for you.

Very kind of you to say TD....It's much appreciated... And I'll  happily return the courtesy should you ever happen to be around my part of the world.

Edited by umbertino

the Mens Club @sage and Richmond has an amazing lunch buffett  on Wednesdays however there are specials all week and the view isn't bad...the kemah boardwalk has live music on Thursday nights with their rock the dock music venue maybe 45 minutes from the galleria....as mentioned earlier you can't go wrong with any of the pappas restaurants...off to paris on 5/15 or I'd be a tour guide but I'm sure you'll do fine

Umbertino.....I wasn't born in texas but I got here as soon as I could!!!!

OK - bit of an after action review *lol*

Dinner with Mr. and Mrs. PattyAngel at Sharkey's in Humble - neat place and the fish and chips I had were good.  Liked the atmosphere of the place. Great time meeting them - as we say in the military  - they're good people. :hug:

Dinner at Pappadeux's - had the seafood platter...All I can say is Holy Crappe! Lots of food - left about 2 pounds of french fries on my plate!!  Loved the stuffed softshell crab - and I'm one of those who likes catfish.

Dinner at the Stockyard BBQ - had the 2 meats with 2 sides - Smoked Brisket had a great flavor, but a little tough. Sausage was wonderful!! Liked the coleslaw too - had some sort of nuts in it, Pecans I think.

Dinner at Dave and Buster's - because I've never been to one and I'm a 53 YO video game kid. Food was OK - as expected from any national chain.

Final night - dinner at  The Deck on Fountainview.  2 lbs of Cajun Crawfish Boil. Was a bit disappointed - I thought things were bigger in Texas! Great flavor, but the crawfish were really small compared to the ones we get her in MT.  Yep - we eat crawfish here too. Only a couple places that serve it, but it's one of my favorites.  Other disappointment was the service. I know they had the entire outside deck reserved for a business function - but still. Walked in, went to a table, and waited 15 minutes - no one came up, so I went to the bar and got myself a beer (Sounds like a song, doesn't it?)  Went to a different table that was closer to the front. Finally had someone stop after my beer was empty to ask if  I wanted another - so I said yes and could I get a menu also?  Long story short - was there for over an hour before I got food - but they did buy be a free beer for waiting.

Overall - tummy was happy *lol*  Thanks for all the input, and hope I can hit some of the other places on another trip!