Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Deleting the zeros is not what you want!

keepmwlknfny

Why become a parrot ?

Should we all become parrots ?

Because I do have some questions you cannot answer

Here's one

Hey RVPleaseToday if you flip out next week why did you flip out ?

You change your name to scroll away the pages where you know who is caught lying again

That's all you do is show up exactly when keep gets caught up in his bs

Scroll the pages and say nothing as usual hopfully no one will go back and read what has transpired and the lies can continue

Ah ha ha ha ha ha

It's your job

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha yazzi ha ya hah chew!!

I ate 6 dozen eggs today 3 loafs of bread 2 gallons of milk

I just got 15 pizzas and I got 5 cases of root beer and three gallons of ice cream for root beer floats to wash down the pizza

I may even break my old record of gaining 50 pounds in one day

I'll be happy with 40

I usually go for the record on thanks giving

When I eat turkey on thanks giving I eat bones and all

Are turkey bones good for ya ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here is the problems with a lop and RV.

If an RV of just double the current exchange rate then the $90 that the MOF gets for oil will convert to half as many dinar at auction. The budget is out of balance by 50%. Must cut expenses by %50 in dinar terms meaning pay cuts, price cuts etc. Bad PR for CBI and MOF! How to plan for that in advance without tipping off the plan?

A LOP of 3 zeros has similar consequences , everyone will be paid fewer dinar, a psychological pay cut. BUT since it is a neutral exchange it can be planned openly and people can be educated to that in advance. But many will not like it.

• Downvote 1

• This thread can drop into the crapper faster than who hit John.  We were having a coherent discussion.  Let's go back to it.  When iraq buys gold, it is my impression that the money to pay for it must come from the CBI.  Am I wrong in this assumption.  Is there a national treasury in Iraq?  If it was paid for through the CBI, I would wager that dollars were the currency used to buy it.  Any takers?  

Not in reference to you Rockfl9.  You had a good legimate question.

• Upvote 1

Exacerbating this is the $120 billion Iraq owes to foreigners (not counting reparations from the first Gulf war). While much of this debt may well be written off, no agreement has yet been reached. .....Until the extent of Iraq's debt is resolved, the state banks cannot do business abroad. ....Trade is funnelled through the Trade Bank of Iraq, run by a consortium of 13 international banks, which provides letters of credit for everything from medicine to the services of forensic accountants

The end of Iraqi debt is near

85% of iraq debt was forgiven

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 2

What is there to understand? Either they can RV or not. If they can, why not?

He is just gonna dodge, deflect and turn things around on you when asking that question cause he has no answer. Prepare to be talked down to and accused of having 67 other screen names lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

No idea, dontlop. I can't figure out what Iraq's experience has to do with the topic . Is a lop a good thing or a bad thing?[/font][/color]

I gave you an answer. But your question has nothing to do with the topic.

Simple question. Is, on topic, is a lop a good thing or a bad thing.

donlop, none of that has anything to do with the topic.

One more time, is a lop a good thing or a bad thing.

There is only one topic in this thread. One that you will not talk about.

Is a lop a good thing or a bad thing.

You refuse to discuss the topic. I'm through with this exchange.

That wAs just page two

Ah ha ha ha ha ha

Polly WANNA cracker

I'm done with him.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum faucibus nibh et libero faucibus, ac porta lacus placerat. Quisque condimentum dolor a quam vehicula, quis molestie tortor faucibus. Mauris scelerisque posuere accumsan. Maecenas sagittis tellus id suscipit interdum. Praesent et purus aliquet, congue nulla non, tristique ligula. Integer tincidunt scelerisque tincidunt. In euismod diam egestas pretium fringilla. Donec mollis, massa at lacinia malesuada, eros turpis volutpat nisl, eu auctor libero libero quis mi. Proin sed odio at tortor ullamcorper tristique.

Mauris mattis eros eu mollis venenatis. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Quisque non laoreet dolor, sit amet ultrices est. Suspendisse eleifend non nulla id venenatis. Suspendisse dolor lorem, molestie non tincidunt molestie, volutpat nec massa. Pellentesque nibh nibh, interdum adipiscing viverra in, congue sed tellus. Nam a purus nisl. Phasellus fringilla leo vitae lectus aliquet, ac bibendum lectus aliquet. Suspendisse nec leo bibendum orci imperdiet condimentum. Aenean eget quam dapibus, tempor quam vitae, sagittis massa.

Duis porttitor consectetur fermentum. Pellentesque vitae molestie tellus. Donec scelerisque condimentum elit nec mattis. Curabitur tristique enim a justo eleifend adipiscing ac a leo. Integer tristique rutrum leo id auctor. Mauris id tortor erat. In eu nulla eu ligula viverra tempor sit amet non odio. Vestibulum vel cursus est. Fusce pretium viverra eros, in eleifend lectus commodo in.

Curabitur dapibus lectus risus, et sagittis odio lobortis non. Nulla facilisis vestibulum aliquam. Sed libero massa, fermentum vitae urna eget, imperdiet scelerisque ante. Integer interdum fermentum nunc, at aliquet magna. Nam accumsan gravida neque, et tristique tortor feugiat id. Aliquam bibendum porttitor nunc auctor aliquam. Integer aliquet lectus augue, ac rutrum velit pretium id. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Morbi sed odio quam. Proin vitae semper tortor. Fusce mollis vel est id porttitor. Cras in quam vulputate, dapibus nunc vitae, laoreet libero. Nam blandit et felis nec dignissim. Suspendisse tincidunt malesuada purus, sed feugiat odio dignissim in. Cras rutrum accumsan tortor, eu laoreet erat mattis non. Nam non imperdiet quam.

Aliquam id ultrices dui, non feugiat metus. Nullam aliquet dictum felis, vel dapibus quam rutrum facilisis. Quisque eu eros et orci lobortis tincidunt. Integer fringilla, metus id lacinia porttitor, eros sem accumsan felis, eget vehicula felis velit a dolor. Aliquam volutpat ante nec lacus imperdiet, quis pharetra dolor sagittis. Vestibulum venenatis, est nec feugiat interdum, metus lacus venenatis enim, id laoreet sem enim ut erat. Proin augue nibh, aliquet in mi in, interdum posuere nulla. Nulla vel aliquet metus. Nam sed lectus at quam cursus porttitor.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Right. Saddam did just that. And nobody acknowledged that exchange rate. If nobody will give them 1:1, then where are they?

The dinar is pegged to the dollar. If they RV, they will RV against the dollar. You think the U.S. will take that hit?

How does the us take a hit because Iraq sets up their payment system in which it pays its debt

Does that mean the dollar loses its value if one dinar is worth one dollar when they exchange them what would the exchange rate be two dollars for a dinar

The dinar is just a local currency it effects the dollar in no way at all

dontlop is too unstable to try to converse with. I'm done with him.

RVPleaseToday, on 03 May 2014 - 2:58 PM, said:

Curabitur dapibus lectus risus, et sagittis odio lobortis non. Nulla facilisis vestibulum aliquam. Sed libero massa, fermentum vitae urna eget, imperdiet scelerisque ante. Integer interdum fermentum nunc, at aliquet magna. Nam accumsan gravida neque, et tristique tortor feugiat id. Aliquam bibendum porttitor nunc auctor aliquam. Integer aliquet lectus augue, ac rutrum velit pretium id. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Morbi sed odio quam. Proin vitae semper tortor. Fusce mollis vel est id porttitor. Cras in quam vulputate, dapibus nunc vitae, laoreet libero. Nam blandit et felis nec dignissim. Suspendisse tincidunt malesuada purus, sed feugiat odio dignissim in. Cras rutrum accumsan tortor, eu laoreet erat mattis non. Nam non imperdiet quam.

Aliquam id ultrices dui, non feugiat metus. Nullam aliquet dictum felis, vel dapibus quam rutrum facilisis. Quisque eu eros et orci lobortis tincidunt. Integer fringilla, metus id lacinia porttitor, eros sem accumsan felis, eget vehicula felis velit a dolor. Aliquam volutpat ante nec lacus imperdiet, quis pharetra dolor sagittis. Vestibulum venenatis, est nec feugiat interdum, metus lacus venenatis enim, id laoreet sem enim ut erat. Proin augue nibh, aliquet in mi in, interdum posuere nulla. Nulla vel aliquet metus. Nam sed lectus at quam cursus porttitor.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/177233-deleting-the-zeros-is-not-what-you-want/page-15#ixzz30mhdiOSC

I don't get it

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

A Redenomination is not what we want..........agreed  :twothumbs:  because if they do that, they would issue a completely new currency (with no guarantee of exchange for non-citizens), and demonitize the old currency, making it worthless.  :twocents:

but,

If they want to remove some of them 0's from the exchange rate...............that would be fine.  :eyebrows:

I don't think anybody know with absolute certainty, what they will do, regardless of what they say.

So I'm gonna stick to my guns, and ride this baby into the crash site  :rodeo:

:rodeo:  :rodeo:  :rodeo:  :rodeo:  :rodeo:

• Upvote 1

Dontlop presents some good points from time to time.  You just have to sift through all the country yee haw to see them.  I would still like to know if anyone has information on how iraq purchased their 30 billion in gold.  Was it through the CBI, and was it paid for using reserve dollars.  Some bright spark on this forum should know the answers and be willing to share them.  

• Upvote 1

The CPA did not have that authority.

The exchange rates are based on real numbers...you can't just pick one out of thin air.

Saddam tried that, and his "value" was ignored.

If a new govt takes over a country

And a cbi law is replaced

And the currency is replaced

The dictator is hanged

And there's no assets

How do they determin an exchange rate for a new nations currency being that its just fiat ?

By decree?

Or is it calculated from zero assets ?

Because we know land and buildings and natural resources are not assets

According to the great ignorant ones

So how would they you know calculate it

What if it were on another planet

And it was the first money

How is a value set to represent trade in the new world on a fiat currency ?

You know so they don't have to walk around with their goods in their pockets to trade for other goods

So they can just carry a wallet to make purchases

You do know what money is and why we use money and what it represents

It does not represent a pile of gold

Or anything any more

Its a representation of goods and services so that the circulation of money is promoted and rejection of hoarding is emphasized

You want money to be something its not

It's just a representation of goods and services and wages or debt owed

Not a pile of gold

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

Once upon a time

I went to the bank and asked for a loan and they asked what kind of assets I had to back it up

You know just in case

I told them I was always under the assumption that my home was an asset but the gurus said it wasn't they want hard currency for assets or gold

They said if you had the hard currency you wouldn't need a loan and that they are just being picky about the gold

They said that the gold isn't money any more its a commodity Nd that my home was all I needed

So I asked them about all the homes and roads and bridges and proven oil reserves in Iraq and was that concidered an asset

And they said nope that's debt

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The oil is debt

Ah ha ha ha ha ha

We laughed and laughed and laughed all day telling story's about the lop gurus

Then there was night then there was light and a new day

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Both Russia and Afghanistan are countries who have zero lopped their currency. Lets look at their situations in relation to the Iraqi Dinar and the speculation and rumors about Iraq doing a zero lop on their currency: Afghanistan had 4 types of currency in circulation as a result of a civil war. It was unknown how much of each was in circulation. For the people and the government, this was a very difficult situation. As a result, the currency kept losing it's value. They needed something both credible and efficient to use as currency. You did not want people carrying around bags of money since everything is cash based. Their zero lop happened at the same time as they printed new currency to replace the confusing mix they had before. This ensured everyone had the same currency, there was a known amount in circulation, and people could buy and sell things with few notes.

It has little in common to the Iraqi Dinar and the speculation about the zero lop. Iraq has already printed and established a single national currency, with secure features and knows exactly how much is in circulation. The Dinar denominations are already designed to carry high or low values without carrying around sacks of money. It makes no sense for them to change the face of the currency, when they are talking about increasing the value to fit their economic goals. Russia performed zero lopping to their currency in 1998. They did this in response to hyperinflation and to restore confidence in their currencies structure and value. Iraq has roughly only 20% inflation. Russia also had denominations that went too high - they had denominations of 5k, 10k, 50k, 100k, and 500k - which were replaced with denominations of 5, 10, 50, 100 , and 500. In comparison, Iraq's highest denomination is the 25k and has denominations all the way down to 25 Dinar. If Iraq did zero lopping off the structure of the bills, they would overlap denominations that already exist. This does not make sense or fit the stated goals with the Iraqi Dinar. It seems that a zero lop, or zero lopping would not occur with the denominations of the Dinar, but by increasing it's value with a revalue that would benefit their economy and their poor in a positive way.

http://www.iraqdirectory.com/DisplayNews.aspx?id=1677

Which is pretty much my thinking about this lop business.

Their zero lop happened at the same time as they printed new currency to replace the confusing mix they had before.

This quote specifically.  The fact that Iraq has just spent lots of money to print up new high security bills of the same denomination is a pretty good sign there isn't going to be any removing of zeros from the bills in the near future.

Edited by NextYear
  • Upvote 1

You may be correct in your thinking that iraq may not lop their currency soon, because they just  reprinted new high security bills.  If they lopped now, they would be throwing away alot of printing money.  But I believe they were forced into this immediate printing due to their existing in-house currency literaly falling apart in the hand of their citizens.  It doesn't instill much faith in your new gov't when your currency has to be scotch taped together.  But with the enormous amount of dinar floating around in the world, they can not in all monetary reality, announce any kimd of RV.  They would be liable for that increase on every single dinar in the world, which in some estimates is close to 80 trillion in number.  Nearly every financial document I've read says that they must lop the three zeros to bring the number of dinars down into tje billions, not trillions, and then slowly revalue over time, as stability and economy improve.d

As a final thought, you must know that the financial officers of the CBI are well aware of the speculation game going on for the last six years with their currency overseas.  They know that if they were to RV, there would be an immediate and massive run on the iraq bank to exchange dinar for dollars.  Take a moment and think about the hysteria an RV announcement would create, and the financial chaos it would create in the CBI.  Why would they put themselves in such a precarious position when they can achieve the same results in a far less dangerous procedure such as a redenomination?

• Upvote 1