Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RIP free speech in America

divemaster5734

Why is "Cracker" not a racist comment? One can say Cracker and not be vilified, and yet if you say the "N" word or call a Jew the "K" word or an Italian the "W" word . I think the world is getting too sensitive. I am of Arab background and when the term  'sandni**er' is said, I feel NO resentment. I am me and what others of my color or heritage or sex says or does doesn't concern me. People should lighten up.  Mr. Sterling is an 80 year old fool with lots of money who was taped in a private conversation with his girlfriend  who obviously wants to get out of the relationship and garner lots of money or else why release the tape ?  People like to see the mighty take a fall....... which is why this country voted for the idiots running THIS country..... They want to see this great country fall.   JMO

The term Cracker does not refer to the cracker one can eat but rather  the Person that Cracks the WHIP.

• Upvote 1

I was surprised at all the red negs flying at the beginning of this thread and, I am soo tempted to use the 'N' word in defining you but, instead, I'll just call you 'pushers' for pushing the 'neg' button.  'Pusher' sounds more PC kind than the 'N' word doesn't it?

Oh, the outrage of an old rich white guy expressing a racist view without actually calling anyone names... so, now it's if you express a view without using inflammatory language one is a racist?  What about unexpressed thought or books on ones bookshelf.  Wait a minute, didn't a Brit just get arrested in the UK for reading Winston Churchill's view of Islam?  Don't tell me the PC police don't exist.  They're coming soon to a civil court near you...

Anyway, I really don't give a rats bee-hind.  We should be tolerant of each other, we should be respectful and kind.  And, that respect should be evidenced with the language we use toward one another. Often times we bypass circumspection and jump to allegation.  Yes, racism still exists in this country but not in the sense of the old tired emotional cries of lynchings, beatings, burnings, oppression and segregation.  It exists in rap lyrics and athlete locker rooms where the 'N' word has morphed into 'Nih-ggah' to symbolise separation from other races and black empowerment and brotherhood.  It's now a term of endearment to be used only by black people.  Whaaat?  I can't walk into a locker room and greet everyone with joy by saying, "Whatz up Nih-ggahs?"

When African Americans and all the rest of us Americans have come to realize how offensive that language is, then I will believe we have begun to turn the corner.  But, until that time and when large financially important segments of Black society continue to use racist and offensive language in an exclusive term of endearment but considered racist if used by non-blacks then I'm not going to get too excited about an old rich white guy expressing his thoughts.

So now, for all you 'pushers' out there lurking in the wings feel free to 'Neg' away.  I'll consider it an act of endearment. :salute:  

Edited by George Hayduke
  • Upvote 6

And yet, here you are,,, commenting or attempting to start a conversation on yet another example of ignorance being displayed by a racist who couldn't help but eventually unmask himself. The episode this time has been resolved in a timely and forthright manner. Your attempt at deflecting and defense of the indefensible notwithstanding, some of us have seen and recall your posting history as regards matters of this kind.  Reading between the lines helps to see a person's true nature once they speak. Best to you and the like in hoping for a different country than the inevitable.

This is a past post of yours R65. Some might call it a racist remark. I do.  Is it OK to pick and choose who you defame or stereotype?

This line shows your true colors and the HYPOCRISY you preach.

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

Yeah -- worrying about gun rights is what's really important in life. Killers mentalities unite!! Effin Hillbillies

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65779-huge-push-to-ban-guns-call-to-action/page-2#ixzz30UPEtrgX

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 4

The term Cracker does not refer to the cracker one can eat but rather  the Person that Cracks the WHIP.

Well, that might be where it originated, just as the N word was created by  the slave drivers who used it to classify the slaves that came from Nigeria. All the same, both are used today as derogatory racist terms !

Well, that might be where it originated, just as the N word was created by  the slave drivers who used it to classify the slaves that came from Nigeria. All the same, both are used today as derogatory racist terms !

I remember spending time in New York as a kid and being called a white cracker. I always thought it was a saltine!! I think those that called me this were thinking along the same lines. I doubt that many using this word ( and thats all they are are words ) know its true meaning. 

I really dont care what words people use to describe me. Who cares?  I do admit that i have fun on the jobsites when someone says something derogatory against hispanics. Ill let then go on and on like fools and then politely tell them that my wife is hispanic and my kids are half hispanic. the look on their face..................Priceless.

• Upvote 1

Does the Free Market punish racism?

A crowd gathered outside Los Angeles' Staples Center on Tuesday night before Game Five of the Clippers-Warriors NBA playoff series to protest racist comments made by Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

Reason TV talked with protesters about the NBA banning Sterling for life, how free markets reacts to racism, and whether government policies and other forms of institutionalized racism hurt black Americans far more than anything Donald Sterling said.

Watch this short video to find out... 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p0pPWesAdhY

Wow!!!

Did you see that?

Those are professional protesters.

They already had -1 Sterling sports jerseys, professionally made sinage, it was obvious many were there just to get their picture in the paper, and there was the guy stating they were going to "reposses"  the clipers.

WTF??? That idiot never "owned" the team to begin with.

Wow, the lack of ethic, morals, values, or integrity displayed by those protesters just proves beyond any doubt anyone trying to force Sterling to sell his team is nothing but a jealous, petty, ignorant, feckless dolt, using a nothing issue for selfish personal agenda.

Wow.

Nice post Whats

• Upvote 3

I find this experiment in sociology truly tragic. Does no one else find it strange that

a man smart enough to make himself a billionaire, would allow himself to be recorded

by ANYONE especially his BLACK girlfriend making racist comments? Does no one else

find it strange how perfectly clear those recordings are, or for how long they went on?

Does it not elevate your concern about the truth of any subject when the lame steam media

jumps in and gives 24 hour coverage of something which, in the grand scheme of things,

Is by itself a side note in stupidity? Has no one considered what Mr Sterling's obvious political

affiliation is and how that might play into this? Consider the organizations he donated

millions to. This man is a died in the wool democrat. And I submit to everyone that this

entire affair is orchestrated to create a problem in order to get a desired outcome.

Ask yourselves, how many truly racist people do you know? I suspect not many. Yet

the political elite in America would have you believe every white person is a racist.

Again, we ARE NOT EACH OTHER'S ENEMY. And we ARE being played for fools by

That political elite. Please people wake up before it's too late.

• Upvote 4

... Has no one considered what Mr Sterling's obvious political

affiliation is and how that might play into this? Consider the organizations he donated

millions to. This man is a died in the wool democrat...

I wondered if he was a democrat... that tidbit of information is always missing when it's a liberal in trouble. That would explain why he got away with it for so long. Thanks LGD

I find this experiment in sociology truly tragic.

You must have an interesting definition of tragedy.............................................................and experiment

Does no one else find it strange that

a man smart enough to make himself a billionaire, would allow himself to be recorded by ANYONE especially his BLACK girlfriend making racist comments?

Not really.  Why is it difficult to believe?   

Does no one else find it strange how perfectly clear those recordings are, or for how long they went on?

Exactly how "clear" or "unclear" should the recordings be to be believable?  How long should they go on for?  If they were not so lengthy, would that make them more believable?  How long should they go for to be believable?

Does it not elevate your concern about the truth of any subject when the lame steam media

jumps in and gives 24 hour coverage of something which, in the grand scheme of things,

Is by itself a side note in stupidity?

Dismissal of racism and bigotry duly noted. 

Has no one considered what Mr Sterling's obvious political

affiliation is and how that might play into this?

What does his political affiliation have to do with his racism?

Consider the organizations he donated

millions to.

Do you have a list of the organizations available for us to see so that we can, you know, consider them????

This man is a died in the wool democrat.

Except that he's not.  Not that it matters.........................except perhaps in your mind.

And I submit to everyone that this

entire affair is orchestrated to create a problem in order to get a desired outcome.

What problem has it created?  And what is the desired outcome?

I'm assuming from your post that this has been "orchestrated" by the political powers that be (read evil demoncrats), to get Mr Sterling removed from his ownership of the Clippers.  This is the same Mr Sterling who is, according to you, a "died (sic) in the wool" democrat and, according to you, donates to, I guess, evil demoncrat organizations.  

We have to guess,  because you failed to provide any list of organizations that he donated to.

So, in your mind, this whole thing was set up by democrats, to get rid of a democrat, who donates to democrat organizations?

There really aren't enough confused emoticons in the whole of the internet to convey the ridiculousness of this logic.

Ask yourselves, how many truly racist people do you know? I suspect not many.

Why did you insert the word "truly" prior to racist?  Do you believe that a little bit of racism is okay?  What would you define as the tipping point before defining someone as "truly" racist?

Personally, I don't know many racist people.  I certainly don't know many people who openly express racist attitudes.  But then, I try not to associate with people who openly espouse racist attitudes.

Yet the political elite in America would have you believe every white person is a racist.

Err.....................evidence?

Again, we ARE NOT EACH OTHER'S ENEMY. And we ARE being played for fools by

That political elite. Please people wake up before it's too late.

Okay.

Edited by tigerstripes
  • Downvote 4

Tiger stripes, you have the right to your opinion and I won't disrespect that.

My point was rather simple, though maybe not simple enough as you totally missed

First I would like to start with my own political inclinations. I am a constitutionalist.

I refer to, "the powers that be", as both the democratic party and the establishment

Republicans. They both want to take away our freedoms and enslave us with their

puny government handouts. Handouts that always comes with strings attached thereby

becoming our taskmasters. They control all media and nearly everything you here.

From the moment Cliven Bundy made his ridiculous comments I suspected a psychological

manipulation operation was underway. I grew up in the deep south and am fully

aware of what racism is. There are some, "simple minded stupid people", in America, to

be sure. However, that doesn't negate the fact that loving people should simply ignore

them. Hate breads hate. And haters love chaos and attention. Take away their attention

and you remove the chaos. So what is the desired result? To create animosity between

people of different races in order to stop them from uniting TOGETHER against the

established political elite. And why would they SUDDENLY feel the need to do that?

Unless they suspected a political threat. I believe that threat is the Tea Party movement.

Concerned Americans OF ALL RACES, who are growing stronger every day. And

for the first time the coming elections may see the Tea Party movement overtake

the Established Republicans. And that is a SERIOUS THREAT to both Democrats and

Republicans. It's the people peacefully rising up to take back their nation. May I suggest

an old book for you to read? George Orwell's, "1984". Were not just at the political

stage Orwell suggested, were seriously passed it.

The average white person doesn't want to, "put you down and keep you down".They

want what all men want, freedom. Freedom to live there lives and raise their families

in whatever manner they see fit. Freedom for a tyrannical government, and yes

Freedom from stupid people. You asked for a list of organization's that sterling donated

to. I don't have one. The information I presented has been in the news. And I am

well beyond being bated into a ridiculous race argument over a charitable organization.

God loves you and all men, therefore, so do I. Nevertheless, until the Holy Spirit places

it within my heart I will choose to ignore silly, stupid people who can't see beyond

topographical differences. Which reminds me of the Christian movie," Grace Card".

Which also deals with racism. In the movie a white"racist"policeman son needs a

kidney transplant. And the only one with a compatible kidney is his black partner.

The black policeman is also a preacher. He goes to his daddy and ask, "what should

I do?". The daddy (played by Lou Gosset Jr.) Tells his son of their families history.

And gives him a, "Grace Card". The black preacher decides to give the white racist

policeman's son one of his kidneys. While in the waiting room his little girl asked

her mommy a very poignant question."MOMMY, HOW CAN DADDY GIVE A WHITE

BOY ONE HIS BLACK KIDNEYS"? The mother replies,"BECAUSE, HONEY, WERE ALL

THE SAME ON THE INSIDE". Now you can imagine how that act of love had an affect

on the racist policeman. He gave up racism and began going to the preachers church.

I have learned over the years that giving unconditional love to all people is the only way

we can peacefully coexist. I have learned that from my Holy God, though his Son

Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Again we are not enemies, we ARE

BROTHERS.

• Upvote 4

To anyone that thinks this matter is over... don't hate the messenger...#1) when v taped him that was illegal. #2) saying something(whatever it is/FREE SPEECH)  is not against the law. #3) all silver did was suspend him for life.  #4) the grounds for removing him as owner will not stand up in court. (see #1 and #2). Now,  in this political correctness time we live...all that can and will happen is maybe the clippers will lose sponsors. However sterling will continue to be the owner. Next you will see them take YOUR kids away because you said the sky is blue. The said part about is how many people still feel like sterling but are smart enough to keep their mouth shut. We still have a long way to go...

• Upvote 2

. And I submit to everyone that this

Of course it was.

After reading your response I was struck with admiration for your patience.

I have lost mine, somewhere between trying to point out the rhetoric and exposing the deceptions of the establishment politicos.

I know you realize it is pointless using logic with a person dedicated to turmoil.

I can only hope your energy will help others in their genuine quest for truth.

• Upvote 2