Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama couldn’t eat at Hill meeting without food ‘taster’

KiaKaha

Obama couldn’t eat at Hill meeting without food ‘taster’ [AUDIO]

Posted By Nicholas Ballasy On 4:39 PM 03/14/2013 @ 4:39 PM In DC Exclusives - Video,Politics,Video | No Comments

WASHINGTON — Following President Obama’s lunch meeting with Senate Republicans on Capitol Hill, Maine Republican Senator Susan Collins described the food served and said the president was not able to eat since his “taster” was not present.

“University of Maine recipe for healthy lobster salad — I pointed that out to the president in keeping with the first lady’s initiatives and Fox Family Potato Chips made in Aroostook County where I’m from and wild blueberry pie full of anti-oxidants, see this was a healthy lunch as well. We did have a little ice cream on the pie too, also made in Maine, Gifford’s Ice Cream. So in all seriousness this was well received,” Collins told reporters on Thursday after the meeting at the Capitol.

“Unfortunately, you know, the president can’t,” said Collins when asked if Obama ate at the lunch meeting.

“He looked longingly at it,” Collins continued. “He honestly did look longingly at it, but apparently he has to have essentially a taster, and I pointed out to him that we were all tasters for him, that if the food had been poisoned all of us would have keeled over so, but he did look longingly at it and he remarked that we have far better food than the Democrats do, and I said that was because I was hosting.”

According to a 2009 AFP report, the U.S. Secret Service has “always refused to confirm that US presidents travel with a food ‘taster’, in line with their policy of discretion on all security related issues.”

Follow Nicholas on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/14/obama-couldnt-eat-at-hill-meeting-without-taster-audio/

My question to you is, HAVE American presidents normally had tasters, or is this another of his colassal waste of money ideas? I mean, I thought the first wife was his taster...

KK

• Upvote 1

Does he feel like he threaten...must Be...I guess his conscious is getting to him, realizing his goal to Destroy everything is working...I'm  just curious will they report,  anything if something was to happen to the Food Taster...or cover it up like they did with FF and Benghazi.. 

To answer the question.... yeah its common practice. The President of the United States does not eat anything the SS doesn't touch. When out of country at banquets, often times the WH finds out what is on the menu and will take that food and prepare for the President to match that being served (though exceptions would be things like dining with the Queen, but even then there is protocol). The servers are almost always SS in the uniform being worn by others. There's lots of stuff in place and has been forever....this is totally not new. 

If ya wanna really get grossed out, somewhere out there, there's a story about what they did with the head contents of AF One when Bush was president... I'll leave that to your discovery... But that's how involved they are with the POTUS... 

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 2

As a follow-up, I read on the-source-of-all-knowledge (facebook) that the same food taster has been employed by the gov't since Clinton... so, apparently he's not the only one. *shrug* who knew?

I'm still shocked the first wife isn't his official taster...

KK

• Upvote 2

He wasn't worried about it being poisioned...Lobster is on the list of things not to eat along with pig,shellfish,shrimp.

Hmmm ... Isn't that a list of the things that cannot be included in a Muslim diet? Oh, was that your point? Maybe I am just dense.

:)

smee2

theres no such thing as a  activation time frame for poisens so theres no way a person could  put anything in his food that could kill him within a week ..so i guess a food taster is very important now days .. but if his food taster drops dead in a day or two .. ever see those time released capsuls  from contact .... they last up to 12 hours ... food taster .. lol ..  if someone wants to poisen his food it wont be a problem .. food taster or not