Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why

jonjon

The question is a red herring.

Tax payers are not paying for abortions. It is against the law for federal money to be used to pay for abortions. 

As for the decision to have an abortion, such a decision is an extremely personal one, and I, for one, don't want the government reaching into a woman's body and making that decision for her. You don't want the government in control of your money, but support them being in control of women's bodies?

• Upvote 2

Tax payers are not paying for abortions. It is against the law for federal money to be used to pay for abortions. 

BwaaaHaHaHa.......... Taxpayers not paying for abortions ! That's the silliest statement I've heard in many a moon . YHGTBKM !!!!!

Yes your tax dollars goes in support of an abortion and where you got that notion that it doesn't,  is beyond me.  Why do you think the Christians are fighting this battle with this administration. 

Abortionist have succeeded in distorting the views of those promoting the dignity of women, motherhood and the right to life.  They have made it almost

accepted dogma that those favoring life are against women's rights and the dignity of women.  Many pro-lifers are accused of degrading women, because we don't favor abortion.  Yet, it is abortion that's degrading to women. 

Often we think we have the right to do whatever we want with our bodies, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.  Abortion does hurt someone.

God is the author of Life.  No human life is an accident, every human life deserves to be treated with dignity, respect and honor. 

• Upvote 8

As for the decision to have an abortion, such a decision is an extremely personal one, and I, for one, don't want the government reaching into a woman's body and making that decision for her. You don't want the government in control of your money, but support them being in control of women's bodies?

Whoops!!!

Sorry RVPleaseToday...

Medicaid (Federal Money) covers abortion in 15 States (Alaska, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Vermont, Washington and West Virginia).

How do you function day to day in a world where you do not believe what is in front of your eyes, yet believe fervently that what you can't see, exists, and controls everything? 

Here it is "in front of your eyes"

http://www.fundabortionnow.org/get-help/medicaid

• Upvote 3

I don't think abortion is the best solution, but I'm also not in favor of forcing babies into a life with a  mother who is unable emotionally, psychologically or financially to raise a child. I'm not in favor of women having children who get inadequate nutrition, inadequate health care and grow up in homes with abusive relationships that daily put the child at risk. I'm not in favor of kids being born to parents that do not want them and emotionally starve them as a result.

It is not as simple as telling young men and women to not have sex or to use birth control. The are going to have sex and not use birth control. That's the way it has always been and always will be. Until our society is willing to adequately financially and emotionally support these children when their parents won't, then abortion is often the lesser of two evils. You can pass laws that may force many women who don't want children to have them, but you can't pass laws that force them to want them, care for them, and raise them in a safe, loving home.

Federal medicaid funding cannot be used to pay for an abortion. States have various policies about state funding.

• Upvote 1

I am sick to death of self-righteous Christians who want to force poor women to have unwanted children, then vote to cut welfare and medicaid to feed and take care of the health care needs of those children. They seem to love fetuses, but hate children after they are born.

Well, if you raised your hand, get in line. There are plenty of poor, unwanted children out there. Go get one.

I am sick to death of self-righteous Christians who want to force poor women to have unwanted children, then vote to cut welfare and medicaid to feed and take care of the health care needs of those children. They seem to love fetuses, but hate children after they are born.

Well, if you raised your hand, get in line. There are plenty of poor, unwanted children out there. Go get one.

The topic is life, we've lost 55million little babies. 

We don't want our tax dollars going toward killing/murdering babies.  Is that hard to comprehend... 

• Upvote 2

No, you don't care about life, you care about ideology. You don't care about these kids suffering after they are born, you only care about winning.

If you don't want tax dollars going to fund abortions, then vote it out in your state. Federal medicaid dollars cannot be used to fund abortions. 

Get Well Soon!

You may be correct about the unwanted children abortions.  Take Obama for example: the country would be better off if it had been legal back then. 

No, you don't care about life, you care about ideology. You don't care about these kids suffering after they are born, you only care about winning.

If you don't want tax dollars going to fund abortions, then vote it out in your state. Federal medicaid dollars cannot be used to fund abortions. 

Unfortunately, this is something that is set in stone for you, so it would be useless to continue.  But know this, I have helped raise an unwanted child, and it was the best reward I could of ever received.  So don't you dare tell me... I DON"T CARE. 

Good day my friend in Christ. 

• Upvote 2

Whoops!!!

Sorry RVPleaseToday...

Medicaid (Federal Money) covers abortion in 15 States (Alaska, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Vermont, Washington and West Virginia).

Here it is "in front of your eyes"

http://www.fundabortionnow.org/get-help/medicaid

Lets not forget about taxpayers money funding for overseas also...  

Question: On the Amendment (Martinez Amdt. No. 65 )

Vote Number: 19 Vote Date: January 28, 2009, 12:13 PM

Required For Majority: 1/2 Vote Result: Amendment Rejected

Amendment Number: S.Amdt. 65 to H.R. 2 (Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009)

Statement of Purpose: To restore the prohibition on funding of nongovernmental organizations that promote abortion as a method of birth control (the “Mexico City Policy”).

Vote Counts: YEAs 37

NAYs 60

Not Voting 2

I'm sure you are otherwise you would have a hell of a child support payment wouldnt you?

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

There are, will be and have always been too many poverty and/or unwanted children in the world, not just the U.S.

and this is just ONE of many responsibilities of being human that we carry with us.

There are so many variables to this discussion; abstenence, indulgence, rape, incest, etc. and then who is truly responsible for making a perceived wrong, right?

I won't debate abstenence, indulgence, rape, incest, etc. here, but I will talk about perceptions.

This discussion takes me down this path of thinking...

Democracy versus Republic?

The truth is that the U.S. is a "Republic" and not a "Democracy".

Remember your pledge of alligence?

In the past 20 years the generalized thinking has moved to;

We are a "Democracy" because we have a democratic process of establishing laws and leaders.

In our Republic however, we have democratic leaders who create laws that among other things, tax us,

however the leaders of the Republic spend those tax monies at their whim, Granted they are supposed to do it; For the People and By the People, but we see how well that works today!!

Today too many polititians make it a career when the constitution intended it to be a temporary job reassignment.

The Tug-O-War~

If you are on the side of the fence that Abortion is murder or a sin against the unborn child, or Humanity, or God, or Allah or whatever, you don't want your tax money paying for abortions because you are supporting what you Don't Believe In.

You don't go to the store and buy things for dinner that you Hate and Detest, and you don't go down to the abortion clinic and give them money to run their clinics, so why would you want your money being spent in a way that you would NOT have spent it in the first place?

On the other hand,

If you're on the side of the fence that Abortion is necessary and a free right of women and their bodies, etc.

You may very well go down to the clinic and give them money and you may WANT your tax money spend for that purpose.

In a truly DEMOCRATIC system the federal government would have to keep TWO sets of books for everything they spend money on.

Those tally sheets FOR and those tally sheets AGAINST.

In this way we all get, and pay for what we want to support.

If there isn't enough to go around for one thing, then it's just like you tell your children; Sorry, not in the budget.

Our constitution gives the States the majority of power in all of these decisions, ergo, a Republic of States who govern.

However, our Federal Government has grown like a Fire Breathing Dragon stealing all of the GOLD and JEWELS and POWER it can gobble up from the States and their citizens, puffing itself up to be more powerful than it was intended and today we find ourselves paying the federal dragon and the federal dragon does with our money what it "WILLS" and not our will.

It takes from us and then tells us because we live in a particular State, we're not getting it back for what we want!!

The problem that I observe is that when the federal governement excersizes its omnipotence, large numbers of people always feel slighted, slapped, stabbed or thrown under the bus no matter which way it swings its head.

If the power were truly reinstated to the States to run (and I mean ALL things), then if you didn't support abortion, you would MOVE to a State that doesn't support it and vice versa. That way ALL of your tax money would go where YOU want it to go.

Our President believes that we are, in his words; "All Created Equal" but here he had gone awry.

He's mixing Church and State, governemt with scripture. We are all equal in the "Eyes of God".

Here, IN LIFE we are not all equal, otherwise we would ALL have as much of everything that we want, simply for wanting it.

Money, gold, silver, land, food, shelter, sun, clean air, clean water, etc.

I don't see Obama giving up any of his money to pay MY bills and I REALLY WANT THAT!!

DON'T YOU?             "Sorry, Not in the budget!!!"

No we're not equal here on earth.

Here, we have to work hard for what we get and we're taught by our parents and clerical leaders that we should work together and take care of each other.

But when we work hard to climb out of the rat race and get ahead and take care of those around us,

And then government comes and takes an ever growing bigger chunk of it and THEN spends it where THEY want and not where WE want it spent, we feel the tires of the bus on our necks and we fight back.

There have been and will always be people who feel that because someone else has more than they do, they have been slighted by the universe and they then look for a Robin Hood who can take from those who have to make their lives easier.

That mode of thinking only gets worse when Governement officials like our current president tell people that we are; "All Created Equal" which then justifies their "you have to take care of me because we're EQUAL" attitude, which also prospers their "I don't care if I take care of myself or not, YOU HAVE TO DO IT FOR ME" attitude and lifestyle manifistations.

The big war and problem arise when those from whom it is taken feel thrown under the bus

when those who have it GIVEN TO THEM,

get it without any effort because they are presumed to be EQUAL.

Those who it is taken from look at it and question what EQUAL really means.

They say; "We had to work HARD for it so why shouldn't they be EQUAL and have to work HARD for it too?"

The day we all become equal is the day

no one will work,

no food will be grown,

no clothing made,

nothing repaired,

no medicines made,

no water pumped,

sewage everywhere

and we will all starve to death, naked dirty, sick and broken... (and of course no abortions but plenty of pregnancies!!)

WHY?

Because we were ALL equal

and it was someone else's responsibility, not ours.

Which side you're on doesn't mean you're bad, insensitive, nice, mean, sweet or sour.

It has to do with how you were raised coupled with your life experiences which have set deep and become your internal values. Values we will ALL go to battle over.

We all have our personal values and sometimes Prickly points of view and contention regarding them.

CaptainWingnut

• Upvote 5

When I taught at the college level, it seemed that there was at least one girl every term who had to drop out of school because she was pregnant, and she often didn't want the baby, was not ready emotionally or financially to care for a baby, and was in many ways still a "baby," herself. Sometimes one of them had a family that would help them, so they could have the child, love and nurture it, and still continue attending college. But I had others as well, some who were fighting a horrible past and trying desperately to break out of an old family pattern, but tentacles seemed to often reach from the past and try to pull these young, bright kids back into the ghettos they wanted desperately to escape. I will never forget a young, pretty, bright girl whose stepfather raped her, and she became pregnant. Her church cautioned her against abortion, but they could only help her financially in a very limited way. And her mother had been so browbeaten by then that she could not fight for her daughter against the much stronger stepfather who was determined to do whatever he wanted to both of them, as well as to her younger sister. All I could do was to take her into my office, hold her, and cry with her, and afterwards, I called a counselor at the school and walked this student down to her office. I have felt horrified ever since because that girl left school that day, and to the best of my knowledge, she never returned. I often wonder what happened to her and if she had the baby.  

However, I do know this. This pregnancy ruined her chances, if not for always, at least for many years, of turning her life around and escaping her history.  I didn't have the chance to help her any further, but I would have been hard pressed to refuse to take her for an abortion had she asked me to do so. Either way, we are losing a child. So which child should we save? The young girl? Or the in utero incomplete, unformed infant? I have no proof of what I am about to say next, but then others have no proof of their beliefs either-- I believe the soul enters the body with the first breath of air inward, just as it leaves the body with the last breath of air outward. I understand completely if someone wants to save a child who would otherwise not be born due to abortion, but my heart always goes out to the young girls who are already here, and who need our support and nurture at least as much as the unborn child they carry in their wombs. I cry for their lost lives, lost even before they can escape hideous situations, lost because they are still living lives they desperately want to rise above and beyond. They often believe that, if they don't take care of their baby, no one will, and thus they are trapped--trapped in an unwanted life with their baby, their unborn dreams, and their lifelong resentments.  Their dreams are enormous, and their courage is breath-taking, even when they are so fragile in the life they are attempting to acquire, a life they often don't believe they deserve because their history has forced them to regard themselves with little favor. 

Oh, I don't know-- There is no right answer to this, but we sometimes have to make a hard choice about who we save. And if a choice has to be made, I will always save the life that is already here over a possible life that is yet unborn. I will always grieve that I may not have done enough to help that young girl, and sadly, I never knew what happened to her, but I have often wondered if I might have been able to do more for her.  She haunts my life in a number of ways, and my regrets are deep. I still pray for her often. I have somehow never given much thought to her baby, but I have prayed often that the years of her life have been kind to her. I also pray that I didn't let her down, but my very real fear is that I did.  When people touch our lives in such powerful ways, it is hard to move beyond it and let it go.  So as you can probably tell,  this event shaped my beliefs very strongly.

• Upvote 1

***///

If people are too stupid to figure out that sex leads to babies, and they don't want that baby,

then they shouldn't have sex.

It's an issue of maturity, responsibility, integrity, intelligence.

Looks like we're surrounded by idiots who are incapable of curbing their funadamental animal urges.

If they are still that rudimentary after thousands of years of evolution,

we should not be responsible for picking up their bar tab.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Jonjon for bringing this topic up. There was a news report recently that there are currently more black babies aborted in New York than are born each year.

In response to RVPleaseToday. We "Christians" know God blessed us with a wonderful country. He is frowning on us currently for not keeping it as He gave it to us. We have more at stake in losing this country than you do, as this is a unique country. We have every right to try and keep it as close to as the founding fathers set up, Bibles in public schools, marriage before sex, Churches helping the needy. It is the liberal agenda that has taken over OUR country.  I was raised to say NO until I was ready to deal with the consequences! Why, only 20 years later am I paying for girls "recreation?" Am I responsible to pay for their dinner and movie too? Sex has consequences. You have to have a license to hunt, drive, sell real estate, but you can bed down any ole joe and have a baby? Is it none of my business? Why then is it my business when a pedifile goes after an underage child? Why is it my business when the boyfriend of a mother of a one day old child shakes him/her to death? Where do you draw the line. We are not forcing the irresponsible to have children, you can give up any child to adoption, you can leave them at the hospital, no questions asked. Maybe if some of the girls had to endure the pregnancy, they would think twice about giving it up so easily the next time. Maybe if some of these boys were held responsible, they would not think it a notch in the bedframe, they would realize a life was created!

• Upvote 4

I will always grieve that I may not have done enough to help that young girl, and sadly, I never knew what happened to her, but I have often wondered if I might have been able to do more for her.  

Fran, you have such a tender heart. I don't know if you "do" facebook or have considered "googling" this girl, but if you haven't, you might try that. You may find her online one way or the other and can see from the outside perhaps what happened to her. You don't necessarily have to contact her, but you might can find her and check up on her. I think most of us have that special someone that we feel we could have done more to help in some way in their special circumstance, but for whatever reason didn't. At this point, all we can do is continue to pray for them and their well-being.

KK

MADD for Heather

This nation will now suffer the consequences of her sin of 

abortion. All people that are in power are put in power by God.

When a nation turns it's back on God then God will turn his

back on  this nation. You silly liberals want to live your lives

as if you can get away with anything you want. If that makes you

feel better, good for you. But know this in the end you will pay 

the consequence's of you sin. YOU DO NOT EVEN HAVE 3 MORE 

YRS LEFT.  That is a prophesy you can bank on. You will be destroyed 

and you deserve to be so.  

• Upvote 1