Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

History Channel "The Bible"

DinarSpot

I just returned from the premier screening of the new 5 part epic miniseries "The Bible" produced by Mark Burnett and Roma Downey. Everyone in the audience was emotionally touched and moved through this powerful message. I would encourage everyone of any faith or denomination to watch this series as it is taken exclusively from scripture from the Bible. Of all the places in America where the Award-Winning Hollywood Producers Mark Burnett & Roma Downey could premiere their blockbuster television mini-series, my wife and I are so blessed that it was at our home church.

The Bible is the most anticipated and important mini-series since Roots premiered decades ago, Over three years in the making, The Bible is a ten hour mini-series, shot on multiple locations (including the sets of Gladiator in Morocco), and has the feel of a 100 million dollar blockbuster.

Over the next few years, I’m sure this film will be seen by billions! Wouldn’t you like to be able to say “I had the privilege of watching the very first screening of the highlights with the producers at the premiere opening!” 

This is the perfect event to invite your friends who’ve never attended a church. Once they see this Saturday morning national premiere and meet Mark Burnett (creator of Survivor, The Apprentice, The Voice, and 7 other hit TV shows) and Roma Downey (the angel in Touched by Angel) They will be hooked..

The History Channel

Sunday's 6:00 pm central time

Starts March 3rd

Blessings!!!

• Upvote 3

I already had it set to record, but was definately apprehensive over the content.

I am glad to hear it may at least be fair, especially considering the History channel's habbit of altering history to conform to the current administrations perception of what that history should be.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Upvote 1

I have to admit we did not get to watch the entire series but the premier trailers were fantastic. I believe that people will come to a better relationship with God through Jesus Christ by the entertaining and spiritual message provided in this powerful miniseries.

Sorry not trying to preach but our country and our world needs to get its priorities in line with Gods!'

• Upvote 3

I'm looking forward to viewing the series.  Most of the productions I have seen in the past have taken liberty with the text by inserting what they think should happen instead of what the Bible says.  If they stick to what the word says then there should be no conflict with anything related to biblical truth. 

I saw the preview and told my wife to make sure we were home to watch. 

• Upvote 1

I can't wait to watch it and see whats all the hoopla about.......

Yep.  If you've read the book, you already know what is going to happen. 

But, for some it will be the first time to go through the Bible story in a semi-chronological way.

• Upvote 1

Can't wait to see it.. I'm like the others and was kind of apprehensive about the liberties taken and wasn't sure I was gonna let the kids watch because their minds are so susceptible right now... I had no idea Roma Downey was a producer, we are definetely gonna sit down together and watch!!

Just made some room on the DVR... Stupid Days of Our Lives and Good luck Charlie... :P

I love my wife and kids but really??? :lmao:

Can live without Days of Our Lives but we don't miss Good Luck Charlie... come on now, you know you love it LOL!?!

Can't wait to see it.. I'm like the others and was kind of apprehensive about the liberties taken and wasn't sure I was gonna let the kids watch because their minds are so susceptible right now... I had no idea Roma Downey was a producer, we are definetely gonna sit down together and watch!!

Can live without Days of Our Lives but we don't miss Good Luck Charlie... come on now, you know you love it LOL!?!

I do.....  :(  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Sure wish I could see it ,but, I don't have History channel.O' Well !

Geuss what I didn't realized this, I do have History Channle,I set my DVR on recored.So I will be watching it. LOLLOL!!

Hahahaha... I wouldn't know of half the stuff we have on the TV if not for the kids, lol... YAY, now you'll get to watch!!
  • Upvote 1

I was dissappointed..I was hoping that this series would truely show the sovereignty of God.  At the crucial point of Israel's deliverance, surely they must of seen that their salvation was entirely the work of God.  His judgements on Egypt, the hardening of Pharaoh's heart all displays His saving power. I don't feel this little series shows the praise and glory that only our God deserves...

I feel like megawatt,  Certainly not worthy of my Holy Bible and God's true word..When I read Exodus and the Israelites deliverance while reading, I can feel their fear, their apprehension, anger, relief and hear their rejoicing and praising God Almighty.  I know they are glorifing our King...The movie just sorta let me down for the ones that need to know what a awesome God we have.

I will watch the rest of the series as I love hearing His word but it just doesn't do His true word justice.....If you haven't read the Bible, please do. It is e4xciting and full of promises, salvation  and A KING that will return...actually it's about you.......God love ya and have a good night.

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with you learning all I can, just a bit disappointed myself.  Justice was not done with this first series.  The "Book" is a whole lot better.  ;)

I would encourage everyone to read it and get and feel the full meaning that is brought forth from the Scriptures. 

We watched it and I thought it was pretty good, even all three of my kids sat thru the whole thing unshackled, usually they have the attention span of a goldfish!!  Gotta love em!  My daughter's boyfriend and his 2 little brothers came over today and he was the one who brought it up that he wanted to see it so we all watched it, hmmmm..................................nobody likes a brown noser, well except of course me!!  :lol:  :lol:  He's just been promoted from kill on site to slow and torturous, I'm just kidding, he actually is a straight A  honor student, doesn't drink, smoke, or do drugs, is very religious and wants to go to school to be a surgeon, so now I'm thinking OK what's wrong with this picture?  Kind of hard to dislike the guy!!  :bravo:  Especially compared to the usual, skateboarding, pothead, pants half down, lazy, mouthy, little punks she usually brings home!!  :angry:

ROFL, Bama, we watch Good Luck Charlie all the time too, not to be confused though with Good Luck Chuck!!  :D

• Upvote 3

I really enjoyed it so far. I don't think they could fit the entire bible in with the time constraints they had.

It was made for entertainment purposes for the general public. For someone who has never read the bible I think it was a beautiful introductory.

especially for the young ones. What good would a movie about the bible be if it went completely over the heads of most the masses

If you take it for what it really is I think its very well done.

JMHO

• Upvote 1

I'm not a Biblical scholar but I'm not very impressed, mostly melodrama and dated visuals. Not worthy of the Book.

I could not disagree more.  I watched the two hour segment last night on the History Channel and thought that it was well-made, stuck to the original bible stories, and had limited commercial breaks.  The visual effects were very well done.  If all one gets from the series is a better understanding of some of the key stories in the bible, then, IMO, it will have been a success. 

In the end, the true success of this series will lie in the eye and the faith of the beholder.