Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Solar install

nstoolman1

NSToolman1- are you setting up to be totally " OFF GRID " or just reduce your bill and sell power back. I would really like to know what system you're using, panels, batteries, etc. I have looked into this but have not been able to be sure which way to go. Would appreciate your input.

NSToolman1- are you setting up to be totally " OFF GRID " or just reduce your bill and sell power back. I would really like to know what system you're using, panels, batteries, etc. I have looked into this but have not been able to be sure which way to go. Would appreciate your input.

As far as "sell back" forget it. The new admin pass a bill and that's not a option any more in most states.

Found that out when I priced the wind mill. Also I was told that I would have at least a year wait to

get through the paper work and permits  that would allow me to gain access to the grid.

When I stated that if I was not going to be allowed to sell my excess voltage back to them I didn't want on their grid

I was told that I would have to be.

Off grid is not allowed.

So they would be basically ripping off my voltage

• Upvote 1

***///

DOGosaurus..... they actually told you you HAD to be on the grid...?!

You mean you HAVE to have electricity where you live?

We're shocked :(

That's like telling you that you have to purchase their product against your will...

OMG - that's exactly like obummerCare....! :o

Is it because they're putting those gizmos on everybody's house so they can track your every move...?...

And FORCE YOU TO HAVE TO ALLOW THEM ACCES to YOUR private property...?!

Please say it ain't so...!

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 1

***///

DOGosaurus..... they actually told you you HAD to be on the grid...?!

You mean you HAVE to have electricity where you live?

We're shocked :(

That's like telling you that you have to purchase their product against your will...

OMG - that's exactly like obummerCare....! :o

Is it because they're putting those gizmos on everybody's house so they can track your every move...?...

And FORCE YOU TO HAVE TO ALLOW THEM ACCES to YOUR private property...?!

Please say it ain't so...!

Only if you are going to generate power yourself SGT

With these new wind generators there is enough energy that I could actually supply

a small neighborhood if the grid was to go out. The way its set up now If I was to install one I would

Have to be hooked up to the grid. Before this new bill Edison would have to pay me for any excess voltage I supplied

to their grid. Now they will get it for nothing. Its called screwing the citizen once again

sounds typical of them, Dog...power company, really nice guys...not!

They are hand in hand with the GOVT Linda

Big money means big favours from Washinton

Before they would have had to pay me.

Now they will get it for free.

• Upvote 1

***///

Yup, we have a small one on 'OlSarge's MBSprinter RV. 

Just extend the telescoping pole and hook 'er up if we're camping off-grid. 

Keeps the house batteries charged up real nice. 

They work like a charm and compliment the low-profile solar panel mats quite sweetly.

Can be a little noisy sometimes, though!

But hey, we LIKE airplane noise.....! :D

The meter we have(Smart meter) will wind back wards. What electricity I don't use spins the meter back and after a certain amount of kilowatts Edison pays back a credit. I have it figured that during the off seasons(lower sun exposures) and less electrical use I will build enough credit on the meter that when summer rolls around I will be able to keep momma and the girls happy without being a (pardon the expression) Watt nazi.

BIGSKY1

No, I don't have a battery bank so I am dependent on the grid to keep my AC side hot to keep the PV array active. I will have 21-327 watt panels for 6.87 kw.

The company is

Smart Energy USA

Phone:951-273-9595

Please give them my E-mail as a reference. If you need it PM me for it and I will give it to you.

Neal

Only if you are going to generate power yourself SGT

With these new wind generators there is enough energy that I could actually supply

a small neighborhood if the grid was to go out. The way its set up now If I was to install one I would

Have to be hooked up to the grid. Before this new bill Edison would have to pay me for any excess voltage I supplied

to their grid. Now they will get it for nothing. Its called screwing the citizen once again

Dog, I'm curious about the wind generator. Is it more affordable than solar? That is really pricey. I'd need an RV now in order to go solar. I'd really like to do something to get more self sufficient in case of EMP.

They are hand in hand with the GOVT Linda

Big money means big favours from Washinton

Before they would have had to pay me.

Now they will get it for free.

Hmm, that didn't work right. I'm still trying to get used to the new system. :)

Dog, I did leave a response for you but it's in your box.......

As far as "sell back" forget it. The new admin pass a bill and that's not a option any more in most states.

Found that out when I priced the wind mill. Also I was told that I would have at least a year wait to

get through the paper work and permits  that would allow me to gain access to the grid.

When I stated that if I was not going to be allowed to sell my excess voltage back to them I didn't want on their grid

I was told that I would have to be.

Off grid is not allowed.

So they would be basically ripping off my voltage

No Dog

I know abp\out this stuff. Anyone can go off grid. You just need batteries. I am off the grid in my other house.

No Dog

I know abp\out this stuff. Anyone can go off grid. You just need batteries. I am off the grid in my other house.

Obviosly you do not hame. first ths is a direct current comming in no batterys. And here in mich I was told by the people who sell / install what would be requirements.

#1 You are required to be connected to the grid

#2 All excess energy cannot be sold back to con edison

#3 Takes about 9-12 months to get said permits to connect to grid.

Well, all 21 panels are up. Inverter is installed inside the garage. Now I am waiting for the high voltage guys(120v-240v)to come out and pull the wire from the panel to inverter. Then pull wire from DC pull box to inverter. After that comes the Inspector and after that Edison gives their final blessing and the switch gets flipped. I will keep you all posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the wireing done and when the system was tested the meter showed going backwards. The wireless meter I have showed a -3.47 KW and it was around 4:00 pm so at mid-day it should be more. The installer asked if I wanted it left on and I said sure. I am going to see what it reads at about 10:00 am. Nice to see a negative number.  

***////

So power company must give you credit for that...?

Doubt they'll send you a check...

but you'll have a KWH Credit building up in your account with them.

Or do they just take it and say it's for the good of the planet and thank you very much?

Yes on the credit building. When it hits $300 dollars worth they send a check. I believe it is based on the lowest wholesale price of electricity.

Edited by nstoolman1

Wind requires... wind!  Solar requires the sun!  But magnet generators don't need any of that.. .here is a prototype... perpetual motion creating electricity.  I'm sure there are other models out there... I've heard of one for $10,000.  ;) 

• Upvote 1

***///

ROD&STAFF....

We saw some college kid displaying  something similar (can't remember where) and as we stood there watching it go and listening to him explain it, we were mesmerized!...  he said it can be done by anyone.

Imagine that glorious day when we just all un-hook from the grid and say "C-YA"...!

Here in FL there's a nuclear power plant that has gone down ---providing ZERO service....

It is an eyesore, a behemoth of a tragedy waiting to happen... 

here's the worst part....

they want all the citizens to pay millions and millions onto this thing that will never work nor provide them with power again!

There are some legislators here trying to tell the power company to straight to hell...

but that sort of thing shouldn't even be a fight that need's waging!

Big greedy power companies should get off our backs and let  us resort to our own choices for powering up

without them having a monopoly on it nor being able to penalise US for going it alone!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE!

• Upvote 1