Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New US law and foreign bank accounts

SallyB

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also stated that if the banks did not disclose in a reasonable time they would be required by this new US law to close your account. I do not have an offshore account. BUT I beleive that if a person would like to invest out side the States it d*mn well should be their right and not have to disclose any information . I'm so mad I could just hurl golf balls. The HIRE does not have one bit of employment stimulus in it, period!!! 18 billion to collect 100's of billions ? Does that help my wife get work ? the letter after E {NO} #$%^& MAD

I have tried and tried to post the truth on this forum only to be mocked by those who "think" they know the truth. The only people who need to fear this new law are statutory "U.S. citizens." Please understand, an American Citizen domiciled on one of the 50 Union states is "foreign" with regard to the Federal statutory venue of the District of Columbia and the other Federal Territories. Furthermore, if you are not a "resident" on said Federal Territory, then statutorily you are a "nonresident alien" for the purposes of these types of tax laws. For all of those so-called "legal experts" out there who are going to challenge the constitutionality of the new Obama Health Care Law, well, don't bother! It is 100% constitutional. Why? Because it is just like Social Security, Food Stamps, Welfare, the Draft, and any other "voluntary" Government program -- it is a franchise. "Nonresident aliens" are specifically exempt from compulsory participation in the Health Care Law. Who do you think a sovereign American Citizen is? Someone domiciled on Federal Territory? No!

People! I'm begging you! Please wake up and stop worrying about "riches" that will be confiscated anyway! You better learn who you are in this country, and you better figure it out fast! These guys are working overtime to slam the gate shut on the Federal Plantation!

Den 56 - The rate of 15% sounds real good if that were still true. According to many of the other threads/posts about the HC Bill by those who have dug out the facts about the taxing in it, it will in fact affect the RI/RV. According to those who dug out the facts, O has taken all of this into account & we could be taxed up to 52%!!!! That is also why he very quietly put into the HIRE bill passed into March 18th the stringent new laws regarding all offshore bank accounts. The elitists are always one step ahead of us & have planned for every contingency - they leave nothing to chance! If plan A doesn't work, they have plan B & C & D! I think you get the picture. They are prepared for any HUMAN eventuality. The only thing they cannot control is our Father who sits in the heavens & laughs at their puny plots. He is still on the throne & is still in control - and that is what gives me strength & hope for our beloved country. God bless.

Joyce, I agree with you on the "Hire Bill" concerns, but so far have not seen any EVIDENCE of what you claim to be true regarding the elimination of the 15% LT Capital Gain rate on the RV funds. I have read a lot of MISINFORMATION in here. I have gone to several sites that have outlined the tax law changes and NONE have discussed what you are claiming. If you are talking about the thread last week by from "GENX", he was wrong because he was confusing "Health Care Plan EXCHANGES" with the "Foreign Currency EXCHANGE".

Joyce, if you can provide a link to real evidence of what you claim, I would certainly appreciate seeing it.

his next step is to pull a "chavez"... That's what i'm afraid of.

everybody is talking about the president, i see why most of you people's need an rv of the dinar, because's you can't not handle your own business , before you got into debt, come on people american has always been about the rich no matter what race you are get real.

I dont agree with alot of O's policies, but strongly believe things would have been much, much worst under M & P! We have got to have some better choices!

I'm assuming that is a joke.........but how would I know, I'm a Canadian and very thankful that I am right now.

Den56 Gosh, I sure hope you are right & I am completely wrong. I can't remember if it was Gen'xs post that said that, but if it was & he was confused about the type & amount--Hallelujah!!!!!!! I am so happy to be wrong & I apologize for passing along incorrect info. Please forgive! God bless.

Wow, it's good to see you selfish people showing your true colors. BUsh sends us to a useless war and the results are thousands of dead americans. But here you creeps are worried about Obama taking your dinar profits and trying to figure out how to cheat on your taxes. If you people can't see the real world other than the BS that you are being fed by the right then I hope the IRS takes all of your money for trying to cheat.

Wow, it's good to see you selfish people showing your true colors. BUsh sends us to a useless war and the results are thousands of dead americans. But here you creeps are worried about Obama taking your dinar profits and trying to figure out how to cheat on your taxes. If you people can't see the real world other than the BS that you are being fed by the right then I hope the IRS takes all of your money for trying to cheat.

Nate . . . . correct me if I am wrong, BUT are YOU not about to make a sizable amount of $$$$$$$$$ off of THE CURRENCY VALUE OF A "DEMOCRATIC IRAQ" ?????????? Gee. . . . would you be in this position if we didn't go into Iraq ? Oh, wait a minute. Do you even own any IQD Nate ?

And . . . . Please . . . .don't give the TRUE BS about "No WMD's" ! My friend's son was "THE Special Forces Demolition Expert" that personally BLEW UP a Weapons Depot that unbeknown to his team had SARIN GAS hidden in it and NOT ONLY was he, but everyone within 100 miles was exposed to it !!!!! Only for financial liability reasons, you will never hear a word about it from our Govt.. But . . . his life has been a "living ****" medically ever since !

And . . . . BTW NOT everyone that wants to have an "Off-Shore Account" cheats on their taxes. At least we do agree about one thing.

Just a thought why not stick all your money in offshore life insurances policies, pay a few premiums then cancel them and pay the cancellation fee and don't let the funds enter back in to the states!!

I am not suggesting that you avoid your taxes, just a thought that's all!!!!

Den56 yes I'm own dinar why else would I be here? I tell myself that this investment is actually helping Iraq, uncle sam, and myself at the same time but that will never make what Bush did OK. I feel a little creepy when I think I could become a millionare from a war that we should never have been in but I also want to be rich. Heart out to your friends son who blewup a stash of WMD but I find it hard to believe that we found WMD and Bush didn't advertise it not matter what the liability, Im mean really. Even so that still does not validate what Bush did, North Korea and Iran are by far, hands down a bigger threat than Iraq ever was so why don't we invade them to if you think this war is so justified? SO yes my point is still is a lot of people have thier panties in a bunch when they think that Obama is personally taking thier money but didn't have much to say when Bush was putting our own in harms way with no real plan.

But then again I don't the people on this site, Den56 you seem to have no problem with people getting killed as long as you get yours.

So is that what this was all about Den? all the death and destruction so we can become rich? You happy about that?

Maybe I'm the ignorant one after all, maybe my fellow Americans really are that greedy and selfish.

Didn't anyone bother to actually read the bill? I have been having my contacts and tax advisors abroad analyze this. While we are all up in arms regarding the verbage and what all the legalese actually means, THERE IS A POSTED EFFECTIVE DATE.

"‘‘CHAPTER 4—TAXES TO ENFORCE REPORTING ON CERTAIN FOREIGN ACCOUNTS.’’.

(d) EFFECTIVE DATE.—

(1) IN GENERAL.—Except as otherwise provided in this sub-section,

the amendments made by this section shall apply to

payments made after December 31, 2012."

Is this inserted so the banks have time to comply? Is this one of the typical scare tactics the gov't posts within a month of tax time ech year to scare us into compliance?

I wonder.......

Maybe it gives us ALL time to arrange our affairs, including the legislators, who you KNOW leave themselves loopholes in all legislation.

JMHO.

Ok Ok yes it is a bad deal yes he got it trough on an end run. But for us and right now it does not apply is goes into effect in 2012... It will give us time to act not react. I'm burning too but for this RV and for this issue we certainly all hope and believe we are going to cash out and protect ourselves long before 2012.. Check out the bill as sad as it is the dates are correct and are there.

December 2012!!!!

I have tried and tried to post the truth on this forum only to be mocked by those who "think" they know the truth. The only people who need to fear this new law are statutory "U.S. citizens." Please understand, an American Citizen domiciled on one of the 50 Union states is "foreign" with regard to the Federal statutory venue of the District of Columbia and the other Federal Territories. Furthermore, if you are not a "resident" on said Federal Territory, then statutorily you are a "nonresident alien" for the purposes of these types of tax laws. For all of those so-called "legal experts" out there who are going to challenge the constitutionality of the new Obama Health Care Law, well, don't bother! It is 100% constitutional. Why? Because it is just like Social Security, Food Stamps, Welfare, the Draft, and any other "voluntary" Government program -- it is a franchise. "Nonresident aliens" are specifically exempt from compulsory participation in the Health Care Law. Who do you think a sovereign American Citizen is? Someone domiciled on Federal Territory? No!

People! I'm begging you! Please wake up and stop worrying about "riches" that will be confiscated anyway! You better learn who you are in this country, and you better figure it out fast! These guys are working overtime to slam the gate shut on the Federal Plantation!

OH yeah, just lie down and die right???? No SIR! I WILL NOT! I am in what used to be the greatest Country ever , and I won't won't just watch while it goes Belly up without a fight! That is NOT how this country became GREAT. It was Great because some people had a dream to read their own Bible for themselves, to think for themselves, to have rights that allow them to raise their children in an honest respectable God fearing country by themselves. To make AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY COULD for themselves, and the ones they loved.And those men and women DIED trying.It was WORTH IT TO THEM to give their lives to make a point! I WILL NOT let their lives, and the lives of millions of others go unhonored, by just lifting my hands and giving up! WHO AM I IN THE COUNTRY????? I am a child of the living God who gives us purpose. Whom in Him we LIVE and MOVE, and HAVE OUR BEING! He led us to this land because we wanted to seek HIM! AND HIM I WILL SEEK all the days of my life...........................................................thank you very much!