Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

More proof of why guns are not bad!

txcountryman

An Arlington pharmacist is recovering from a serious beating after someone wearing a Halloween mask tried to rob him over the weekend.

Rick Ray, who owns Arlington Pharmacy near Cooper Street and I-30, says a man wearing a Halloween mask barged into his business on Saturday and demanded pain pills.

When Ray refused, the suspect attacked him with a tire iron.

"He beat the crap out of me," Ray said, showing multiple bruises and stitches on his face. He was scheduled for more tests Monday to make sure there is no permanent damage.

Ray tells FOX 4's Lari Barager he ran back to his office near a safe, and managed to retrieve a .22 pistol.

Ray says he fired at the suspect and struck him -- before the man ran out the door. Police say the next day, someone checked into a local hospital with an unexplained gunshot wound. That wounded man is now a "person of interest" in the case.

Ray said in his 40 years as a pharmacist, nothing like this has ever happened to him before.

He believes the gun used to he protect himself may be the only thing that saved his life.

• Upvote 9

An Arlington pharmacist is recovering from a serious beating after someone wearing a Halloween mask tried to rob him over the weekend.

Rick Ray, who owns Arlington Pharmacy near Cooper Street and I-30, says a man wearing a Halloween mask barged into his business on Saturday and demanded pain pills.

When Ray refused, the suspect attacked him with a tire iron.

"He beat the crap out of me," Ray said, showing multiple bruises and stitches on his face. He was scheduled for more tests Monday to make sure there is no permanent damage.

Ray tells FOX 4's Lari Barager he ran back to his office near a safe, and managed to retrieve a .22 pistol.

Ray says he fired at the suspect and struck him -- before the man ran out the door. Police say the next day, someone checked into a local hospital with an unexplained gunshot wound. That wounded man is now a "person of interest" in the case.

Ray said in his 40 years as a pharmacist, nothing like this has ever happened to him before.

He believes the gun used to he protect himself may be the only thing that saved his life.

Guns are not bad it is the people who are. I support the 2nd amendment however when a mentally ill person can go into a gun shop in Colorado. Leagally buy a Military Grade Assualt rifle then proceed to use said Miltiary Grade Assualt Rifle on a theater full of people. WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM. We have a people problem not a gun problem. As far as I am concerned when someone tries to argue it is their Constitutional right to go duck hunting with a bazooka. We have a problem.

Edited by steveinfla
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Guns are not bad it is the people who are. I support the 2nd amendment however when a mentally ill person can go into a gun shop in Colorado. Leagally buy a Military Grade Assualt rifle then proceed to use said Miltiary Grade Assualt Rifle on a theater full of people. WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM. We have a people problem not a gun problem. As far as I am concerned when someone tries to argue it is their Constitutional right to go duck hunting with a bazooka. We have a problem.

Theirs nothing wrong with assault rifles . If we were allowed to carry them in the daily routine of our lives that man would not have shot as many people as he did.. Someone armed just as well would have killed him. Also we as civilian's cannot purchase military grade weapons . This is terminology used by the current administration to get people to believe that the gun thing is truly out of hand. A AR15 is a semi automatic weapon A military type M16 is full auto . Same gun but totally different in operation.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

we have the lowest crime rate in the nation [ wyoming ]

probably because almost everybody has a deer rifle in the house---break in---get shot

Yeah it seems like the western states have their head right when it comes to this kind of thing. (unless your to far west like California ) You get east of the Mississippi and you start getting in to this basic notion that hey if they break in your home just hand them the keys to the family car on their way out. If you shoot and kill them you will go to jail. If you shoot them and wound them then you will go broke cause their gonna sue you. hahahaa TRUE STORY: A buddy of mine and his wife was remodeling their living room. All of a sudden a big guy, Real big. kicks in their door knocks my friend to the floor and starts beating the crap out of him. My buddy has a claw hammer in his hand. Well he uses it. Claw side of the hammer took his eye right out. Another shot to the head and he pretty well had the situation under control. Come to find out the house the guy was looking for was four houses down the block. (his wife's lover) To make a long story short the dude sued my buddy for the lost eyeball and WON ! Cost him nearly 25 grand. WTF

Well i am all for having a gun... this last saturday night the house in back of me got robbed they waited for them to leave at night and stole t.v's and appliances, little did the thieves know my cousin that lives down the street from me had seen them running down the street with t.vs 4 mexicans he said. My cousin got his shotgun ran outside and shot it in the air toward a dirt field that is by him they fled the other way dropped the t.vs and took off then he called the cops.. i have also had to run a few people off that tried to steal my expensive bike in my shed with a shotgun as well its getting bad arm your selves everyone it could save you and your family dont be afraid of these thieves and thugs.

Yeah it seems like the western states have their head right when it comes to this kind of thing. (unless your to far west like California ) You get east of the Mississippi and you start getting in to this basic notion that hey if they break in your home just hand them the keys to the family car on their way out. If you shoot and kill them you will go to jail. If you shoot them and wound them then you will go broke cause their gonna sue you. hahahaa TRUE STORY: A buddy of mine and his wife was remodeling their living room. All of a sudden a big guy, Real big. kicks in their door knocks my friend to the floor and starts beating the crap out of him. My buddy has a claw hammer in his hand. Well he uses it. Claw side of the hammer took his eye right out. Another shot to the head and he pretty well had the situation under control. Come to find out the house the guy was looking for was four houses down the block. (his wife's lover) To make a long story short the dude sued my buddy for the lost eyeball and WON ! Cost him nearly 25 grand. WTF

You're right dog53....Does everyone remember the advice given to

air travelers prior to 9-11?....Just sit quiet and cooperate......

We carry openly in Az, and its safer for that reason. ;)

Theirs nothing wrong with assault rifles . If we were allowed to carry them in the daily routine of our lives that man would not have shot as many people as he did.. Someone armed just as well would have killed him. Also we as civilian's cannot purchase military grade weapons . This is terminology used by the current administration to get people to believe that the gun thing is truly out of hand. A AR15 is a semi automatic weapon A military type M16 is full auto . Same gun but totally different in operation.

You hoenstly believe we should walk around with Miltiary Assualt Rifles? You think it is sane and rational for people to go to a movie with assualt rifles? Someone armed would have killed him?? An armed person in the back of the theater would have shot him dead with out killing any one but the gunman? WOW all I can say is WOW....

You hoenstly believe we should walk around with Miltiary Assualt Rifles? You think it is sane and rational for people to go to a movie with assualt rifles? Someone armed would have killed him?? An armed person in the back of the theater would have shot him dead with out killing any one but the gunman? WOW all I can say is WOW....

Hmmm You dont listen(or read ) very well. You cant own a military assault rifle. You can only own a semi auto rifle. hahhahaha Yes hell yes Its rational. Hell take it to church restaurants , theaters , Ball games, Anywhere really. Just like the Scandinavians do. Except theirs are fully automatic. Most the college students carry them around on their back. Every citizen is required to have at least one person in every family qualify with the weapon once a year. They have the lowest crime rate in the world.

So if a man is shooting and killing people and you have a ccw permit to carry a hand gun .( Like a lot of us do now a days) I would like to think I would do something to help. But to go against a rifle with just a pistol you will most likely lose Thats why It would be better to have a rifle. As far as innocent bystanders . Yes you would have to PICK your shot. BUT if I was being shot at by the bad guy I sure as hell would want the good guy throwing as many bullets our way as he could.

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yea thats pretty much how it works.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hmmm You dont listen(or read ) very well. You cant own a military assault rifle. You can only own a semi auto rifle. hahhahaha Yes hell yes Its rational. Hell take it to church restaurants , theaters , Ball games, Anywhere really. Just like the Scandinavians do. Except theirs are fully automatic. Most the college students carry them around on their back. Every citizen is required to have at least one person in every family qualify with the weapon once a year. They have the lowest crime rate in the world.

So if a man is shooting and killing people and you have a ccw permit to carry a hand gun .( Like a lot of us do now a days) I would like to think I would do something to help. But to go against a rifle with just a pistol you will most likely lose Thats why It would be better to have a rifle. As far as innocent bystanders . Yes you would have to PICK your shot. BUT if I was being shot at by the bad guy I sure as hell would want the good guy throwing as many bullets our way as he could.

No I listen and read very well .. A rose by an other name is still a rose. Just by changing one little item so you shoot 100 bullets a second versus 200 bullets a second yup sure lot of logic to that..

If carrying guns like they do in Scandinavia appeal to you then go live there....

If it was your child killed by a person trying to take out a shooter or your child is the "collateral damage" would you be the first to blame the Government for not having better gun laws. Yes you would. You would be the first to cry foul... It is always the way. The one who protets the loudest is alway the first to cry foul the loudest...

Pick your shoot I am laughingto hard to even give a comment on that.... By the way hahahaha just like Joe Biden hmmmmmm guess you are a closet liberal...

Yea thats pretty much how it works.

Till it is your wife or child taken out by a gun weilding civilian playing hero... Then it becomes why doesnt the Government protect us better...

Edited by steveinfla
  • Downvote 1

Theater seating is angled....So every person there has

a good view, and a clean shot ;)

No I listen and read very well .. A rose by an other name is still a rose. Just by changing one little item so you shoot 100 bullets a second versus 200 bullets a second yup sure lot of logic to that..

If carrying guns like they do in Scandinavia appeal to you then go live there....

If it was your child killed by a person trying to take out a shooter or your child is the "collateral damage" would you be the first to blame the Government for not having better gun laws. Yes you would. You would be the first to cry foul... It is always the way. The one who protets the loudest is alway the first to cry foul the loudest...

Pick your shoot I am laughingto hard to even give a comment on that.... By the way hahahaha just like Joe Biden hmmmmmm guess you are a closet liberal...

Till it is your wife or child taken out by a gun weilding civilian playing hero... Then it becomes why doesnt the Government protect us better...

Ok....So you really dont read well <_< ....A semi-auto shoots one bullet at a time.

Also, Gun owners dont look to the Govt for protection, thats why we have guns,

to protect ourselves & our families. The Lib schtick is to run to Govt for their

welfare.

Edited by cris

hahahahaha 100 bullets per second huh hahahaha OK never mind. hahahahahahaha

• Upvote 1

I have a CHL in Texas and other freinds of mine that have one too are very responsible, clear minded and respectful of the priviledge that we were trained for. A liscense to carry is no good if you are not able to instinctively evaluate and respond in order to save yours or perhaps your loved ones life.I witnessed our teacher insisting that a wowman in class that was affraid that she might not pull the trigger if the situation called for it withdraw from class. So its not for everybody. Its the crooks that are deranged. We went through a comprehensive background check as part of the training. Our license was granted to us because we are qualified to have one, not just because we paid for it.

• Upvote 1

Just like the Scandinavians do. Except theirs are fully automatic. Most the college students carry them around on their back. Every citizen is required to have at least one person in every family qualify with the weapon once a year. They have the lowest crime rate in the world.

End Quote

What about Japan? I'm sure their crime rate (as an industrialized country) is very very low... And most Japanese do not carry arms apparently for what I've read....

There was one particular year in the 90's (can't recall which one exacly) when there were only 39 homicides in the whole nation ( on a Pop. of 120M).

Apart from that it's widely known that city streets in Japan including Tokyo are super safe... Some say it's the People's mentality.....

Yes, they had those crazy subway chemical poison killings a few years ago, I acknowledge that... But as a whole the Country looks extremely safe ( also from what I heard from folks who've lived there)

Just like the Scandinavians do. Except theirs are fully automatic. Most the college students carry them around on their back. Every citizen is required to have at least one person in every family qualify with the weapon once a year. They have the lowest crime rate in the world.

End Quote

What about Japan? I'm sure their crime rate (as an industrialized country) is very very low... And most Japanese do not carry arms apparently for what I've read....

There was one particular year in the 90's (can't recall which one exacly) when there were only 39 homicides in the whole nation ( on a Pop. of 120M).

Apart from that it's widely known that city streets in Japan including Tokyo are super safe... Some say it's the People's mentality.....

Yes, they had those crazy subway chemical poison killings a few years ago, I acknowledge that... But as a whole the Country looks extremely safe ( also from what I heard from folks who've lived there)

I have a great deal of respect for the Japanese people. They are definitely the exception and not the rule.

• Upvote 1