Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi politician: U.S. hawks are upset of Maliki's support for the Assad regime

Did you mean to respond to this post? I read this as very good news. We've got him backed into a corner, and according to another post by Yota this morning, Maliki is ready to seat the defense minister. Buck up. It's a good day.

Having the number 1 man in iraq...aiding iran and breaking un resolutions....is not good for us or iraq in any way. if you think having maliki removed will instantly fix things....imo thats wrong. We will be back to where it was 3 years ago.......and we would more than likely just have new elections with the forming of the entire government again. this is very bad news and a major setback

you know maliki has been the problem for the longest time. I think a lot of it would go away if he could be taken out of the equation. We know he uses force, intimidation, and death to run his dictatorial regime. The project would be to get rid of him and you will see progress. He is losing support daily. His own party. One of his own Dawa party member told the truth about the torturing and forced confessions extracted from Hashemi's body guards. Maliki's but is in deep doodoo. Hashemi is not a fugitive. Never has been. Hashemi stood for progress, maliki can't have that. It would stop his dictarship. He needed control of the country. All the while folks were bashing Hashemi and Barzani, it was not in our interest for them 2 men to go away. They are on our side of progress. If the Kurds, Turkey and other countries would have not protected him, maliki would have had him killed. That was the plan to get him in prison and have him die of natural causes like his body guards. Hashemi would be president if Talabani could not longer serve. Hashemi could have taken maliki out with a no confidence if he were president. It still could happen now that he is not having to hide. If Talabni resigns, look out. Hashemi will be President and I am pretty sure he will take the signatures and not force the questioning. Remember, Talabani had said if he had to he would offer up his resignation. My, my, it's getting very interesting.

Agreed. maliki has always been a problem. the u.s.has just sit back and watched and survelenced his every move. he is in deep....for sure. but he can take iraq down with him. he is still the pm, commander in chief, interior and security temp pms. he has all the power. kurdistan is sick and tired of baghdad and its problems....them leaving may just be a matter of time.

lol dont be so depressing alot of it is just words... only believe half of what you read when it comes to Iraq or for any main source media for that matter. Keep a positive outlook.

I agree this is good news Maliki is only a puppet and will never ever be able to accomplish dictatorship we will NOT let that occur.

Thanks for the kind post. Imo....most of the positive news that comes out is from malikis media. they say its all great and moving forward....just to hear a day later its all false and they havent settled anything from different iraqi media.

but...its out of my control...so it is what it is. have a good weekend.

Having the number 1 man in iraq...aiding iran and breaking un resolutions....is not good for us or iraq in any way. if you think having maliki removed will instantly fix things....imo thats wrong. We will be back to where it was 3 years ago.......and we would more than likely just have new elections with the forming of the entire government again. this is very bad news and a major setback

I don't think he's going to be removed. I think those guys went over there to get him to play ball, and I think that's exactly what's going to happen.

Good news, everyone!

• Upvote 1

lol dont be so depressing alot of it is just words... only believe half of what you read when it comes to Iraq or for any main source media for that matter. Keep a positive outlook.

That's true.

I agree this is good news Maliki is only a puppet and will never ever be able to accomplish dictatorship we will NOT let that occur.

But the little puppet is sneaky and he isn't doing what the puppeteers want. So he needs to get his strings clipped so he can drop off a cliff. Then something good might happen.:cigar:

I don't think he's going to be removed. I think those guys went over there to get him to play ball, and I think that's exactly what's going to happen.

Good news, everyone!

Im with you. i think maliki was carefully selected. very smart and pretty slick. All-pro at political diversion. the devestation created by his removal......would be too dramatic........considering his final term wont last much longer

Edited by sandstorm

Of course this is good news! The U.S. and the UNSC are involved. Coincidentally, the two most important factions for a Chapter 7 release, and both influential with the IMF. If Iraq is ever going to crawl out of the stone age, they need the these two entities to approve it. Peeing in their Wheaties like this is NOT going to get that done, and they WILL hang the Chapter 7 approval over their heads until they get their way. Iran CANNOT provide Iraq international standing. If Iraq DOESN'T get worldwide acceptance, the knuckleheads in their government right now might as well not even run for office in the upcoming elections, because they will have "lost face" with the people, and their opponents will rip them to shreds. The government would revert to Sunni control, and they won't let that happen.

They HAVE to behave themselves, and they have to do it NOW. NOW is a LOT sooner than "soon". I believe things should move along rather quickly now.

Iraq does not need the blessings of the UN or the UNSC to achieve world standing! We have been told this by the same propaganda machine that has brought us all the other lies that have come down the pike and you people still believe it! There is a new kid in town! And this new kids got his stuff together and is watching the Old Guard new World Order crumble before his eyes, because the money that the NWO is using is worthless in international trade with the Bric Nations...The non-aligned nations...and Iraq is one of them. That's why Maliki does not care what the US, Britain and Israel do. Iraq has not publicly admitted to the world that they side with the Bric nations and that they will not accept the Us dollar in bilateral trade among themselves like the Non-aligned notions have ...but it will happen.

Until then, Iraq has every right to determine it's own fate without interference. Iraq can pick and choose it's own friends....and obviously a country that invaded Iraq to steal it's oil is not a friend! Carlos

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Iraq does not need the blessings of the UN or the UNSC to achieve world standing! We have been told this by the same propaganda machine that has brought us all the other lies that have come down the pike and you people still believe it! There is a new kid in town! And this new kids got his stuff together and is watching the Old Guard new World Order crumble before his eyes, because the money that the NWO is using is worthless in international trade with the Bric Nations...The non-aligned nations...and Iraq is one of them. That's why Maliki does not care what the US, Britain and Israel do. Iraq has not publicly admitted to the world that they side with the Bric nations and that they will not accept the Us dollar in bilateral trade among themselves like the Non-aligned notions have ...but it will happen.

Until then, Iraq has every right to determine it's own fate without interference. Iraq can pick and choose it's own friends....and obviously a country that invaded Iraq to steal it's oil is not a friend! Carlos

Sorry, I missed the part where my country is stealing all of Iraq's oil, what with the whole $4.00 per gallon shiite that's goin' on.....

Iraq DOES have to behave itself, if it wants to get on the same playground as the rest of the world players. They have stated their intention to do so MANY times. Iraq isn't aligned with anyone? Look up Iran on wikipedia, will ya?

As far as the conspiracy stuff that you're peddling, you need to stand up (watch out for the low basement ceiling) and get your head out of your.....sand. Wait! Let me guess - you're a Ron Paul supporter, aren't you? (BTW, you'll have to wait at least four years until they legalize pot - Romney won't allow it.)

Edited by fnbplanet
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

BS.

• Upvote 1

The rest of the world is getting tired of the US exporting inflation thru a worthless unbacked FIAT currency, that's why the BRIC countries and many others are preparing to return to a gold back currency system. US better get on board and back our currency with comething more than debt, and soon. Thx Carlos!

• Upvote 3

Iraq does not need the blessings of the UN or the UNSC to achieve world standing!

The rest of the world is getting tired of the US exporting inflation thru a worthless unbacked FIAT currency, that's why the BRIC countries and many others are preparing to return to a gold back currency system.

friends please don't take my following remarks the wrong way, but it is rehetoric like this that hurts our ability to assess the risk of our investment. the entire commercial world works by contracts. iraq entered into contractual agreement with the united states and sub-contracts with the international community. i have backed this fact up in much detail (please visit the opinion section). this is hard lined fact signed by maliki himself.

when you profess that iraq does not need the blessing of the UN or UNSC, what CONTRACT are you basing this off of? please don't introduce emotion into this and theories because it is not helpful. stating that the "rest of the world is getting tired of the US exporting inflation thru a worthless unbacked FIAT currency" is in complete contradistinction to the SFA signed by Iraq to accept "unprecedented capital investment" from "especially american investors". those are the words verbatim in the contrac that maliki signed. iraq is completely on page with accepting this "worthless FIAT currency."

so again please provide the contract agreement that you two are basing your argument on so that i can analyze it and come up with a concrete conclusion. it is really time out for anything else which generates worthless debates and loss of precious energy. it is really time to be educated in this investment and not lean on the arm of rhetoric & theory.

again, my intent is not to offend you.

• Upvote 2

Trinity smile.gif You know how much I have appreciated your hard work and how much I have learned about the SFA...

There probably are no new contract's with anyone else... but I'm sure we have all heard the saying that...

"Contracts are broken everyday".

I hate to think of what the fallout from the US would be if Iraq broke the contract, but it is a possibility.

Iran would back them... along with those backing Iran. The BRIC Nations.

JMHO

• Upvote 1

friends please don't take my following remarks the wrong way, but it is rehetoric like this that hurts our ability to assess the risk of our investment. the entire commercial world works by contracts. iraq entered into contractual agreement with the united states and sub-contracts with the international community. i have backed this fact up in much detail (please visit the opinion section). this is hard lined fact signed by maliki himself.

when you profess that iraq does not need the blessing of the UN or UNSC, what CONTRACT are you basing this off of? please don't introduce emotion into this and theories because it is not helpful. stating that the "rest of the world is getting tired of the US exporting inflation thru a worthless unbacked FIAT currency" is in complete contradistinction to the SFA signed by Iraq to accept "unprecedented capital investment" from "especially american investors". those are the words verbatim in the contrac that maliki signed. iraq is completely on page with accepting this "worthless FIAT currency."

so again please provide the contract agreement that you two are basing your argument on so that i can analyze it and come up with a concrete conclusion. it is really time out for anything else which generates worthless debates and loss of precious energy. it is really time to be educated in this investment and not lean on the arm of rhetoric & theory.

again, my intent is not to offend you.

It's not "rhetoric and theory" my friend. Do your homework on the BRIC countries and research the moves they have been making to trade outside, and circumvent the USD. Watch what these nations DO, not what they say, or what is in a "contract". Google "BRICs", "Iran trading in gold with Russia"... that'll get you started to see where this is all going. The currenct fiat system is at the end of it's rope. It's next move before it dies is hyperinflation. If you read up on BASEL III, you will see they are preparing to switch the entire banking system over to a new banking process, and one of the stipulations for banks is the BASELIII will be requiring that banks hold gold as a Tier 1 asset, and must only lend within their means. And as regards my statement, I, along with you, am allowed to post my point of view. If you see it as "rhetoric", then thats your problem. Change is coming, I suggest you educate yourself and be ready for it. I don't have all the answers, but I can definitely see where this is going....Have a great weekend, and thanks for the post.

• Upvote 1

i am aware of the bric nations, fiat currency, suspension of gold standard and the like my friend. it's not news to me. but how that relates or applies RIGHT THIS MOMENT to iraq, the SFA, the UN and the cooperation relationship established between them is not clear. when i read this:

Iraq has not publicly admitted to the world that they side with the Bric nations and that they will not accept the Us dollar in bilateral trade among themselves like the Non-aligned notions have ...but it will happen.

Until then, Iraq has every right to determine it's own fate without interference. Iraq can pick and choose it's own friends....and obviously a country that invaded Iraq to steal it's oil is not a friend!

Read more:

on what contract is this based? present it. the article presented in the original posting highlights the Strategic Framework Agreement as the basis for the United States' involvement in Iraqi affairs as agreed to by Iraq. to offer up contradicting material without fact to back it up is not helpful to those who look for solid information to establish sound investments. that is all that i am saying.

so again, please present information that iraq has refused the american dollar and that it has joined league with the bric nations. i need to read this material so that i might make sound investment decisions. that shouldn't be so hard to do right or offensive for me to request it?

Trinity smile.gif You know how much I have appreciated your hard work and how much I have learned about the SFA...

There probably are no new contract's with anyone else... but I'm sure we have all heard the saying that...

"Contracts are broken everyday".

I hate to think of what the fallout from the US would be if Iraq broke the contract, but it is a possibility.

Iran would back them... along with those backing Iran. The BRIC Nations.

JMHO

i appreciate you opinion maggie and do admit that contracts are breached on a daily basis. this is the sole purpose of the judiciary. the commercial courts of our world exist for one purpose, to restore wholeness/justice/harmony in the event of contractual breaches. this prevents men from reverting to violence to resolve their issues.

if you are proposing that iraq can take billions of dollars in assets and funds from international investors and then early on a given sunday morning wake up and kick them all out of the country while retaining all of those billions without retribution. and not answer to any system of justice for its thievery. well, how do you think something like that would play out?

Iraqs oil sales are continually increasing. u.s. gasoline is at 4 bucks...............i think you got your story wrong

I don't think they have announced that they are siding with BRIC nations, but if they are openly aiding Iran, I'd think that may be a good indicator of their future intentions. Like I said before Trinity, watch what they DO, not what they say, or write.

I will say this though, I think the reason that Iraq has not RV'd an return it's currency to international status is due to the fact they may not have wanted to be infected with the current financial problems plaguing the world, and have their currency pegged to the dying USD. I'd bet that as soon as the new banking system is put in place, they will put their money back into play. Just my two cents. I can't answer the other questions your asking, so I'll bow out. Have a good one bud....

Edited by thegente
  • Upvote 1

I don't think they have announced that they are siding with BRIC nations, but if they are openly aiding Iran, I'd think that may be a good indicator of their future intentions. Like I said before Trinity, watch what they DO, not what they say, or write.

I will say this though, I think the reason that Iraq has not RV'd an return it's currency to international status is due to the fact they may not have wanted to be infected with the current financial problems plaguing the world, and have their currency pegged to the dying USD. I'd bet that as soon as the new banking system is put in place, they will put their money back into play. Just my two cents. I can't answer the other questions your asking, so I'll bow out. Have a good one bud....

i feel you my friend and honestly know where you are coming from. how long can the united states bend the will of nations through military might is yet to be known. sadaam made a brave move circumventing the petro dollar and paid dearly. khadaffi (??) attempted to unify the african nations on the gold dinar and paid dearly. iran, once a friend to the united states, realized the all consuming plan of the international banking cartel and kicked them out of their country and paid dearly. so, i don't refute that the winds of change might bring about a regime change....that things might not remain status quo.

as of iraq and present day however is what i am referring since i have a good chunk of my funds tied up in this investment. as an investor i have do my due diligence taking in as much data as possible before taking an "intelligent" risk. the power of contract is the ultimate power between men because contract regulates all of our intercourse. if we do not have enforceable contract, we have no intercourse and our commercial world comes to an end. this is why i weigh in heavily regarding the SFA and iraqi relationships.

• Upvote 1

i appreciate you opinion maggie and do admit that contracts are breached on a daily basis. this is the sole purpose of the judiciary. the commercial courts of our world exist for one purpose, to restore wholeness/justice/harmony in the event of contractual breaches. this prevents men from reverting to violence to resolve their issues.

if you are proposing that iraq can take billions of dollars in assets and funds from international investors and then early on a given sunday morning wake up and kick them all out of the country while retaining all of those billions without retribution. and not answer to any system of justice for its thievery. well, how do you think something like that would play out?

NOT GOOD!

Trynity, I am not proposing anything here other than this is a possibility.

If Maliki is thinking that there is going to be violence anyway, regardless of what they do, honoring the agreement or not... I can see where Maliki might rather side with Iran given there history together.

Maliki certainly has been showing signs of doing just that, helping Iran and Syria, do you think he would risk his alliance with the US if he intends to keep the SFA? I don't know.

You said... "the commercial courts of our world exist for one purpose, to restore wholeness/justice/harmony in the event of contractual breaches. this prevents men from reverting to violence to resolve their issues."

I don't know if that would help in this case... if Israel attacks Iran, I'm thinking that Iraq would want to help Iran as much as they could, and absolutely would NOT want to be the US and UN's staging ground for the fight with Iran.

I understand your convictions about this agreement they have made.

There is just so much going on in the background that may outweigh this agreement in Iraq's mindset and convictions.

This certainly is not a perfect world where everyone does what they say they will, or does what they "should" do.

Let's hope for Peace and maybe this will all work itself out, if not, then the SFA won't matter to Iraq. JMHO

• Upvote 1

i feel you my friend and honestly know where you are coming from. how long can the united states bend the will of nations through military might is yet to be known. sadaam made a brave move circumventing the petro dollar and paid dearly. khadaffi (??) attempted to unify the african nations on the gold dinar and paid dearly. iran, once a friend to the united states, realized the all consuming plan of the international banking cartel and kicked them out of their country and paid dearly. so, i don't refute that the winds of change might bring about a regime change....that things might not remain status quo.

as of iraq and present day however is what i am referring since i have a good chunk of my funds tied up in this investment. as an investor i have do my due diligence taking in as much data as possible before taking an "intelligent" risk. the power of contract is the ultimate power between men because contract regulates all of our intercourse. if we do not have enforceable contract, we have no intercourse and our commercial world comes to an end. this is why i weigh in heavily regarding the SFA and iraqi relationships.

I can see we are both of like mind and see things for what they are..as for the SFA, I really can't tell ya bud..but it sure is refreshing to see another like mind who gets what is happening as far as money and the wars that are tied to it. I bought what I felt I could lose, and what would leave me comfortably retired and able to travel....I do hope it works out for all involved. Thanks for the respectful discourse Trinity...

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I missed the part where my country is stealing all of Iraq's oil, what with the whole $4.00 per gallon shiite that's goin' on.....

Iraq DOES have to behave itself, if it wants to get on the same playground as the rest of the world players. They have stated their intention to do so MANY times. Iraq isn't aligned with anyone? Look up Iran on wikipedia, will ya?

As far as the conspiracy stuff that you're peddling, you need to stand up (watch out for the low basement ceiling) and get your head out of your.....sand. Wait! Let me guess - you're a Ron Paul supporter, aren't you? (BTW, you'll have to wait at least four years until they legalize pot - Romney won't allow it.)

Pot might be illegal, but you can still get your mom to bring Ding Dongs and Doritios to the basement.