Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delete the zeros depends on control

Parliamentary Finance: Delete the zeros depends on control of the Central Bank of the dinar exchange rate

History of edits :: 1337938228 • 8 time readable

Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed that the implementation of the project to delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency and restructuring depends on the extent of control and control of the Central Bank of the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar, as called for adoption of a new monetary policies before the implementation of the project.

A member of the Finance Committee Najiba Najib said that "the project to delete the zeros and the restructuring of the currency made by the central bank depends on the extent of implementation of control and control of the Iraqi dinar exchange rate against the dollar."

Najib said that "the central bank and government in the event will allow them to take action and contribute to a new monetary policy to control exchange rates Aldenarabraghi against the dollar, they will be able to Alghaealterat and start deleting the zeros and re Hiklhalamlh." Ended 2

Updating :: 25/05/2012 13:30

http://translate.google.com/translate?langpair=aren&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alforattv.net%2F

• Upvote 4

Unless some troll created this to just play with my head....it cannot be more clear that the CBI has to get the exchange rate worked out prior to introducing the new currency. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thats what they appear to be saying....they need to.get to it quickly!

Unless some troll created this to just play with my head....it cannot be more clear that the CBI has to get the exchange rate worked out prior to introducing the new currency. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

of course it does the value must go up prior to the introducction of the new currency or they will face tons of problems and black marketing in country. The time to act is now and they know it, some are confused that say they think the currency will be printed in september but NO the currency is already printed dont be fooled September is when they will introduce the first class of LD's and then beginning 2013 the whole notes and coins will be out. So this gives them a couple months to raise the vaue IMHO and its a MUST.

The reason the currency is printed already is because lest say they were to wait until september they couldnt print all the currency by Jan 2013 no way this is why i believe they have alot already printed that they will introduce in september to the citizens. Another reason is they dont want to let the cat out of the bag and risk smugglers and thiefs to try to confiscate the new LD's because if they got those early it would screw up everything they need to be careful and very discreet.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

of course it does the value must go up prior to the introducction of the new currency or they will face tons of problems and black marketing in country. The time to act is now and they know it, some are confused that say they think the currency will be printed in september but NO the currency is already printed dont be fooled September is when they will introduce the first class of LD's and then beginning 2013 the whole notes and coins will be out. So this gives them a couple months to raise the vaue IMHO and its a MUST.

The reason the currency is printed already is because lest say they were to wait until september they couldnt print all the currency by Jan 2013 no way this is why i believe they have alot already printed that they will introduce in september to the citizens. Another reason is they dont want to let the cat out of the bag and risk smugglers and thiefs to try to confiscate the new LD's because if they got those early it would screw up everything they need to be careful and very discreet.

What are you talking about? There is zero evidence the currency is already printed. in fact, the cbi has said multiple times they are down to four companies bidding for the printing of the currency.

And you say some are confused? Thats a down right lie. people read what the cbi puts out, and you contradict? Its only fair to say, the currency may have been printed. but you stand up to correct everyone like you know for sure? Whats your motive?

you should be more clear you are speculating, qnd not speaking from fact to correct the masses

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

What are you talking about? There is zero evidence the currency is already printed. in fact, the cbi has said multiple times they are down to four companies bidding for the printing of the currency.

And you say some are confused? Thats a down right lie. people read what the cbi puts out, and you contradict? Its only fair to say, the currency may have been printed. but you stand up to correct everyone like you know for sure? Whats your motive?

you should be more clear you are speculating, qnd not speaking from fact to correct the masses

i am speculating and using common sense the CBi isnt dare going to tell us about when they actually printed the new currency its what i have been told by some with that are in the know. The CBI has alluded to the fact that the whole batch of currency will be out by beginning 2013, they have also alluded to the fact that they will gradually release them and they would give the Iraqis 2 years which they stated takes them into 2014 to cash the 3 zero notes in, so its all in the articles as well. The gradual release would take us right into september BTW i have no motive just waiting like everyone else. Also it makes sense for them to gradually release the first clas Ld's to get them circulating up to jan 2013 where the citizens can use them and get them circulating in the market place and then they will release all of it.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 9

i am speculating and using common sense the CBi isnt dare going to tell us about when they actually printed the new currency its what i have been told by some with that are in the know. The CBI has alluded to the fact that the whole batch of currency will be out by beginning 2013, they have also alluded to the fact that they will gradually release them and they would give the Iraqis 2 years which they stated takes them into 2014 to cash the 3 zero notes in, so its all in the articles as well. The gradual release would take us right into september BTW i have no motive just waiting like everyone else.

+1, thank you

• Upvote 4

Uh sandstorm you are newbie and sometimes newbies stick their foot in their mouths. Easyrider is not confused, he knows this investment inside and out. He also has a right to base his opinion on the facts as he knows them. Just as everyone else here does.

As far as printing, I guess you aren't up to current events, CBI and articles from them in the past several months have contradicted printing or not printing. Some have said they have the printers to print their new currency, and they have printed currency ready to go. So really no one knows if they are printed or not. Easy believes they have, some of us believe they have not.....so don't be so eager to criticize. This is yet to unfold.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

+1 I totally agree but with all the news stating the redenomination will take 2 years makes me think that some of the current currency will coexist with the new for a period of time as previously stated by the C.B.I. Hopefully the value will increase over time until all is drawn in? As always it's a WAIT AND SEE crap shoot! Thanks for the post! B)

Wow settle down tenderfoot :angry:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Uh sandstorm you are newbie and sometimes newbies stick their foot in their mouths. Easyrider is not confused, he knows this investment inside and out. He also has a right to base his opinion on the facts as he knows them. Just as everyone else here does.

As far as printing, I guess you aren't up to current events, CBI and articles from them in the past several months have contradicted printing or not printing. Some have said they have the printers to print their new currency, and they have printed currency ready to go. So really no one knows if they are printed or not. Easy believes they have, some of us believe they have not.....so don't be so eager to criticize. This is yet to unfold.

How many links do you want me to provide about printing the new currency? How about the cost of 150 million to print? Dont judge my knowledge based on the number of posts. dont ride me off like someone who doesnt know what their talking about.

easyrider said some think the currency will be printed but NO it already is. are you going to back that up as fact? Your using that as your basis to say he knows this investment inside and out?

I respect everyones opinion, my point being is not to speak speculation as fact. from what ive read of easyrider, i enjoy his postings. i took it to heart when he basically said, no your all confused and fooled, its already printed. I wouldve asked for a link, but i already know none exists, except those which are from a dinar forum

easyrider handled my post with class and explained himself very well. now if you want to start talking to me like an idiot newbie, well lets do some dinar jeopardy. dont judge a book by its cover.

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

How many links do you want me to provide about printing the new currency? How about the cost of 150 million to print? Dont judge my knowledge based on the number of posts. dont ride me off like someone who doesnt know what their talking about.

easyrider said some think the currency will be printed but NO it already is. are you going to back that up as fact? Your using that as your basis to say he knows this investment inside and out?

I respect everyones opinion, my point being is not to speak speculation as fact. from what ive read of easyrider, i enjoy his postings. i took it to heart when he basically said, no your all confused and fooled, its already printed. I wouldve asked for a link, but i already know none exists, except those which are from a dinar forum

easyrider handled my post with class and explained himself very well. now if you want to start talking to me like an idiot newbie, well lets do some dinar jeopardy. dont judge a book by its cover.

HAHAHA, Dinar jeopardy. Alex, I'll take Iraqi currency for $100 please.

Alex - This is what the members of Dinar Vets are anxiously awaiting to happen.

Contestant #1 - What is Shabibi pulls the RV trigger?

Alex - Correct for $100. B)

GO RV...

• Upvote 3

I reckon your talking about the delarue machines that were purchased just a while back. even if they have printing capabilities, theres no proof they have or will print with those machines. from what we know the cbi is going to be having a rd of some kind, and will need them to verify all the old banknotes that they will be receiving upon a rd.

im not ruling anything out, but with the massive corruption and government wannabe interfence, do you think iraq will print in-house?? I dont based on the news they have four companies to begin bidding on the printing. im not speaking anything as fact, just relaying the news they bestowed upon us. whats real, whats not, is still to be seen. i hope, wish, beg, and pray easyrider has the details exactly right. music to my ears, but im not ringing that bell yet.

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 4

Look, there are just as many articles out there that state they have yet to print the currency. Some believe it has been others do not. I am skeptical. And the government has stated they have put this baby on hold.

My link

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes

================================================================================

RUDAW on 24/05/2012 11:52:00

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region- Kurdish members of Iraqi Parliament’s Finance

Committee have denied that there is currently any proposed law regarding the

removal of zeros on the Iraqi banknote.

Ahmad Faizulla, an MP from the Kurdistan alliance in Iraqi parliament and member

of the finance committee, dismissed claims that their committee has prepared and

drafted a law to alter the currency.

“The finance committee cannot make such a decision,” he said. “We can only

suggest projects. The drafted projects will be presented to parliament for

discussions for voting. This is something that must go through legal

channels.”

Heitham Jiburry, a member of the finance committee, announced last week that

eliminating zeros on Iraqi banknotes will be implemented early next year. “It

is expected that the process of printing new currency will start next August,”

he said.

Jiburry also remarked, “The process of replacing the old currency to the new

one will continue throughout next year. The old currency will completely be gone

in the first 6 months of 2014.”

In April, the chief of staff of Iraqi Council of Ministries suspended the

process indefinitely.

Fazil Nabi, Iraq’s deputy finance minister, previously told Rudaw that

eliminating zeros on Iraq’s currency will not increase the value of Iraqi

dinars.

However, Jiburry said, the process will make the Iraqi dinar more stable and

reduce demands for foreign currency among people.

Nabi told Rudaw, “Implementing this process is related to the central bank. I

always believed that this wouldn’t work at least at this stage.”

Economists believe Iraq is not ready to eliminate zeros on its currency, and

that for the process to be successful security, political and economic stability

is needed.

But Shorsh Haji, an Iraqi MP from the Change Movement (Gorran) maintained that

there is indeed a proposal to modify the currency.

“Such an idea to eliminate zeros on Iraqi currency does exist,” Haji said.

“The process of withdrawing all the old bills and replacing them with new ones

needs a special budget, which was not designated from the 2012 budget. It is

believed that this budget will be designated in 2013.”

Regarding possible economic benefits of a currency change, Haji said, “The

benefit would be more in appearance. Currently, the value of the Iraqi dinar has

dropped and is unstable. After removing zeros instead of saying 123,000 IQD is

equal to US$100 we will say 123 Dinars is equal to US$100. It is just to show

that Iraq has a strong economy.”

Making changes in Iraq’s banknotes may add to already heightened tensions

between Baghdad and Erbil. Kurdish MPs in Baghdad say that if such a law is

passed in parliament, the new bills must have Kurdish alongside Arabic script on

them, as stipulated by the constitution.

“So far, there has not been any designs for the new bills,” Haji noted.

“Without a doubt, having Kurdish written on the new bills will be our

pre-condition.”

According to Article 4 of the Constitution, Kurdish and Arabic are the official

languages of Iraq and both languages must appear on Iraqi banknotes.

Section two of the article says, “Use of both languages is enjoined by the

principle of equality such as banknotes, passports, and stamps.”

Haji is optimistic about the future use of the Kurdish language on Iraqi

official documents.

“I don’t expect that this constitutional right will be ignored or cause more

tensions between Baghdad and Erbil,” he said. “This is a legal and

constitutional subject. There are also Kurdish-Arabic interpreters in

Parliament. Kurdish MPs can speak Kurdish if they want. However, it has become a

habit for them to speak Arabic in the Parliament.”

MP Faizulla is more skeptical, saying, “Many constitutional articles and

rights have already been violated. This will depend on agreements between the

political parties. If the political parties don’t agree, it most likely

won’t happen.”

So that is where I stand. We will see. Sorry if I interrupted your newbie moment.

• Upvote 1

Easyrider has made many post and has done his research on the Iraqi Dinar. He is one of the more knowledgable ones on this site. I don't always agree or like what he says but usually after doing myself I relalize he was right. So read what he posts, do some research of your own and just go with what you derive from the information. We are all after the same thing, so it's all good. Just my thoughts.

• Upvote 1

Look, there are just as many articles out there that state they have yet to print the currency. Some believe it has been others do not. I am skeptical. And the government has stated they have put this baby on hold.

My link

MPs Push for Removal of Zeros on Iraqi Banknotes

================================================================================

RUDAW on 24/05/2012 11:52:00

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region- Kurdish members of Iraqi Parliament’s Finance

Committee have denied that there is currently any proposed law regarding the

removal of zeros on the Iraqi banknote.

Ahmad Faizulla, an MP from the Kurdistan alliance in Iraqi parliament and member

of the finance committee, dismissed claims that their committee has prepared and

drafted a law to alter the currency.

“The finance committee cannot make such a decision,” he said. “We can only

suggest projects. The drafted projects will be presented to parliament for

discussions for voting. This is something that must go through legal

channels.”

Heitham Jiburry, a member of the finance committee, announced last week that

eliminating zeros on Iraqi banknotes will be implemented early next year. “It

is expected that the process of printing new currency will start next August,”

he said.

Jiburry also remarked, “The process of replacing the old currency to the new

one will continue throughout next year. The old currency will completely be gone

in the first 6 months of 2014.”

In April, the chief of staff of Iraqi Council of Ministries suspended the

process indefinitely.

Fazil Nabi, Iraq’s deputy finance minister, previously told Rudaw that

eliminating zeros on Iraq’s currency will not increase the value of Iraqi

dinars.

However, Jiburry said, the process will make the Iraqi dinar more stable and

reduce demands for foreign currency among people.

Nabi told Rudaw, “Implementing this process is related to the central bank. I

always believed that this wouldn’t work at least at this stage.”

Economists believe Iraq is not ready to eliminate zeros on its currency, and

that for the process to be successful security, political and economic stability

is needed.

But Shorsh Haji, an Iraqi MP from the Change Movement (Gorran) maintained that

there is indeed a proposal to modify the currency.

“Such an idea to eliminate zeros on Iraqi currency does exist,” Haji said.

“The process of withdrawing all the old bills and replacing them with new ones

needs a special budget, which was not designated from the 2012 budget. It is

believed that this budget will be designated in 2013.”

Regarding possible economic benefits of a currency change, Haji said, “The

benefit would be more in appearance. Currently, the value of the Iraqi dinar has

dropped and is unstable. After removing zeros instead of saying 123,000 IQD is

equal to US$100 we will say 123 Dinars is equal to US$100. It is just to show

that Iraq has a strong economy.”

Making changes in Iraq’s banknotes may add to already heightened tensions

between Baghdad and Erbil. Kurdish MPs in Baghdad say that if such a law is

passed in parliament, the new bills must have Kurdish alongside Arabic script on

them, as stipulated by the constitution.

“So far, there has not been any designs for the new bills,” Haji noted.

“Without a doubt, having Kurdish written on the new bills will be our

pre-condition.”

According to Article 4 of the Constitution, Kurdish and Arabic are the official

languages of Iraq and both languages must appear on Iraqi banknotes.

Section two of the article says, “Use of both languages is enjoined by the

principle of equality such as banknotes, passports, and stamps.”

Haji is optimistic about the future use of the Kurdish language on Iraqi

official documents.

“I don’t expect that this constitutional right will be ignored or cause more

tensions between Baghdad and Erbil,” he said. “This is a legal and

constitutional subject. There are also Kurdish-Arabic interpreters in

Parliament. Kurdish MPs can speak Kurdish if they want. However, it has become a

habit for them to speak Arabic in the Parliament.”

MP Faizulla is more skeptical, saying, “Many constitutional articles and

rights have already been violated. This will depend on agreements between the

political parties. If the political parties don’t agree, it most likely

won’t happen.”

So that is where I stand. We will see. Sorry if I interrupted your newbie moment.

Thats awesome news. they cant delete the three zeroes without a draft law can they. the cbi suggests such projects, yet they dont draft or write laws. so, imo the cbi has been chirping in their ear, but no ones actually written yet. but then again, if your disguising an rv, you dont need a currency law. just laws to handle the transition for the rv. very positive.

it seems the cbi has rounded up their preferred companies to print the new currency, but the finance committee has yet to approve or fund it yet.

your a good guy zigmeister. very honorable how you had the back of a fellow senior member.

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 1

I reckon your talking about the delarue machines that were purchased just a while back. even if they have printing capabilities, theres no proof they have or will print with those machines. from what we know the cbi is going to be having a rd of some kind, and will need them to verify all the old banknotes that they will be receiving upon a rd.

im not ruling anything out, but with the massive corruption and government wannabe interfence, do you think iraq will print in-house?? I dont based on the news they have four companies to begin bidding on the printing. im not speaking anything as fact, just relaying the news they bestowed upon us. whats real, whats not, is still to be seen. i hope, wish, beg, and pray easyrider has the details exactly right. music to my ears, but im not ringing that bell yet.

The only thing imo that is a "fact" so far in this dinar speculation is the words & numbers spoken or written. And only time will tell if any or all were in fact true.

Wait a second, wasnt there the first reading of some cbi draft a few months back. for some reason, i remember them showing a reading in one of parliaments daily schedules. yet this guy from the finance committee says there has been nothing presented yet.

the plot thickens, even more. does anyone else remember thatas well??

The only thing imo that is a "fact" so far in this dinar speculation is the words & numbers spoken or written. And only time will tell if any or all were in fact true.

Amen. I hope the numbers arent fact, if you get my drift.

Wait a second, wasnt there the first reading of some cbi draft a few months back. for some reason, i remember them showing a reading in one of parliaments daily schedules. yet this guy from the finance committee says there has been nothing presented yet.

the plot thickens, even more. does anyone else remember thatas well??

Amen. I hope the numbers arent fact, if you get my drift.

Yep

Ya'll want me to tell you all a secret? While a great debate rages among us DV folk, and articles are flying out of every news agency in Iraq and abroad, the truth is............ THEY DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! This has never been done before, just a bunch of green peas trying to figure it out amongst the SHIITE SUNNI and KURDS, who BTW have been raping and killling for centuries... For our measure here at DV, AM and the news hounds have a pretty good grasp, but even then, its all SPECULATION at best! Having been in this since 05, I have learned to read and let it go , because tomorrow it changes. Its all fluid right now. So since "O's" as like a$$ holes, everyone has one.... Lets stick to the FACTS, which is Nobody knows! By doing this you can not be let down and the only other way to go is UP!! biggrin.gif

Roll RV!! :woot:

• Upvote 1

Thats awesome news. they cant delete the three zeroes without a draft law can they. the cbi suggests such projects, yet they dont draft or write laws. so, imo the cbi has been chirping in their ear, but no ones actually written yet. but then again, if your disguising an rv, you dont need a currency law. just laws to handle the transition for the rv. very positive.

it seems the cbi has rounded up their preferred companies to print the new currency, but the finance committee has yet to approve or fund it yet.

your a good guy zigmeister. very honorable how you had the back of a fellow senior member.

That's my take on it. CBI is pushing....we will see who gets the shove. IMO.....I agree with Keep, printing new currency has to be okayed by Parliament. In this report, the Kurds seem reluctant. Anyway this is how I read it.

But then there are always articles tomorrow that contradict today....so ya nevah know.