Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

My stock Choices

These are the company stocks I own on the ISX. I'm not a big player by any means. Just curious what other people might be investing in or if anyone can offer any advice. I've only bought, not sold (don't own enough of each stock to really influence me one way or the other to buy or sell repeatedly). I'm in these stocks for the long term. I'm trying to diversify amongst all the industries offered on the ISX. I'm waiting for Asia Cell in June aswell. What do you think?

Real Estate

Aqaar SMRI

Industry

Iraqi Engineering Works IIEW

Modern Sewing IMOS

Baghdad Soft Drinks IBSD

Al -Khazer for Construction Materials IKHC

Banks

Dar es salam Investment Bank BDSI

Bank Of Baghdad BBOB

Ashur International Bank BASH

Middle East Investment Bank BIME

Al Mansour Bank BMNS (Buy Order Pending until they trade again)

Services

Iraqi Land Transport SILT

AL-Nukhba for Construction SNUC

Tourism

National for Tourist Investment HNTI

Agriculture

Modern for Animal Production AMAP

Iraqi for Seed Production AISP

Here are the ones that I have been investing in:

BBOB Bank Of Baghdad

BIME Iraqi Middle East Investment Bank

BUND United Bank

BKUI Kurdistan International Bank

BIBI Investment Bank of Iraq

BBAY Babylon Bank

BGUC Gulf Commercial Bank

BMNS Al Mansour Bank

IBSD Baghdad for Soft Drinks

IHLI Al -HiLal Industries

IKHC Al -Khazer for Construction Materials

HBAY Babylon Hotel

AMEF Middle East Producing & Marketing - Fish

VAMF Alammen for Investment

BSUC Sumer Commercial Bank

My :

BMNS Al Mansour Bank

and

BSUC Sumer Commercial Bank

Are pending on their return from recess.

Do you do your own market research? Can you recommend a reliable site/source that offers ISX market analysis? I'm brand new to this but have my trading account, which I've funded, and I would like to study and prepare before I start trading. Thank you!

Well right now finance dominates the ISX as just available traded companies. I would love to diversify more but there aren't a lot of choices.

Hotels are a good idea but buying 100,000 shares of them can cost $1,000 to $2,500 USD so I have focused on just the one but there are 2 others that I would like to have gotten in on.

Some stuff just doesn't make sense to me... Like AMAP Modern for Animal Production and AISP Iraqi for Seed Production (IMHO sorry rightsonword) but Iraq ATM is not a tech powerhouse and I don't see that as very likely. I did read that they intend to make use of their petroleum with biotech in the near future so unfortunately then AMAP and AISP would make sense for chemical care for animals and plants. Very inorganic but it is what the world is doing. So I will hold off on such stocks for a bit.

I'm very interested in the Communication stocks that are coming. Between that and the offerings that these companies are making to current stock holders I try to keep 10% of what I have over there liquid so I can move on offers and new IPOs.

Everybody seems to have IBSD Baghdad for Soft Drinks and IHLI Al -HiLal Industries (Al -HiLal Industries had dropped after initial offering but has leveled out nicely) and I'm happy that I'm not alone on IKHC Al -Khazer for Construction Materials as rightsonword has that too.

Well right now finance dominates the ISX as just available traded companies. I would love to diversify more but there aren't a lot of choices.

Hotels are a good idea but buying 100,000 shares of them can cost $1,000 to $2,500 USD so I have focused on just the one but there are 2 others that I would like to have gotten in on.

Some stuff just doesn't make sense to me... Like AMAP Modern for Animal Production and AISP Iraqi for Seed Production (IMHO sorry rightsonword) but Iraq ATM is not a tech powerhouse and I don't see that as very likely. I did read that they intend to make use of their petroleum with biotech in the near future so unfortunately then AMAP and AISP would make sense for chemical care for animals and plants. Very inorganic but it is what the world is doing. So I will hold off on such stocks for a bit.

I'm very interested in the Communication stocks that are coming. Between that and the offerings that these companies are making to current stock holders I try to keep 10% of what I have over there liquid so I can move on offers and new IPOs.

Everybody seems to have IBSD Baghdad for Soft Drinks and IHLI Al -HiLal Industries (Al -HiLal Industries had dropped after initial offering but has leveled out nicely) and I'm happy that I'm not alone on IKHC Al -Khazer for Construction Materials as rightsonword has that too.

PluMet, with the current situation with WARKA, are we still able to invest our Dinars in the ISX? I've got a trading number but haven't paid much attention to the ISX after I received that clearance to trade. Do you even have a WARKA account or are you trading another way?? Just thinking it might be a way to protect what we have in WARKA. Thanks in advance!

Do you do your own market research? Can you recommend a reliable site/source that offers ISX market analysis? I'm brand new to this but have my trading account, which I've funded, and I would like to study and prepare before I start trading. Thank you!

I've found it hard to find information about any companies on the ISX except for some of the bigger ones. The ISX website links for each company has some financial data, so I looked at their past financials to see if they have grown within the last couples of reports. I looked at the company websites if I could find it. The site below is helpful too, but still, there isn't much information about the companies that I could find. perhaps someone else here have any other ways to find out information about the companies and stocks?

Mubasher

I see you invested big time in banks, and I regret not doing so earlier. I'm going to make some more orders and all add some more banks to it. IBSD has been stable for the most part since I entered I bought in March, so I'm happy with that purchase. I was going to jump into IHLI but the dropping scared me, but now that it is leveling, I'll probably look into it. As for IKHC, I think it's a good bet, along with anything to do with construction and like services. IMO, Iraq is going to spend a lot of money building up the infrastructure, housing, etc. of the nation in the coming years.

I wanted to get into the hotel stocks, but with Al-Jazera new minimum buys, I think I'll pass. $1,000 is too much for me to invest in one company, unfortunately. As for AMAP and AISP, you could very well be right, but I figured agriculture can be profitable as a nation grows, so we'll see.

i'm surprised you don't have north bank in your portfolio. i really like north bank. i also like the kurdistan bank since that region is bound to be a top performer amongst iraqi provinces.

just my 2c

I agree, I wanted to get into North Bank earlier, but I opted to get less bank stocks so I could get into other sectors. I have a wire going through this week, so I'll be getting into North bank. I'll look into Kurdistand Bank, too. Thanks for the heads up. You're completely right in that the Kurdistan region will probably be the most affluent of all regions in Iraq.

I was looking into United Bank as well. PLummet has them, so It picked my interest again. What do you think?

. I'll look into Kurdistand Bank, too.

BKUI Kurdistand Bank is the most elusive pick I have... every time I place an order I get way less then I ordered. I've ordered twice now and still have not gotten as much as I originally asked for.

So be ready for a little frustration. It kinda makes we want it more LOL.

PluMet, with the current situation with WARKA, are we still able to invest our Dinars in the ISX? I've got a trading number but haven't paid much attention to the ISX after I received that clearance to trade. Do you even have a WARKA account or are you trading another way?? Just thinking it might be a way to protect what we have in WARKA. Thanks in advance!

I use Al Jazera Brokerage. They are on the Broker list of the ISX web site and I have been completely satisfied with them. Also as a little tid bit of private info I can offer is I am 100% sure they are legit on a personal basis as my trade with VAMF was the only trade of a recent day and all they sold was what I ordered exactly so I know they are buying the stocks that we are ordering.

I've found it hard to find information about any companies on the ISX except for some of the bigger ones. The ISX website links for each company has some financial data, so I looked at their past financials to see if they have grown within the last couples of reports. I looked at the company websites if I could find it. The site below is helpful too, but still, there isn't much information about the companies that I could find. perhaps someone else here have any other ways to find out information about the companies and stocks?

Mubasher

Thank you, rightsonword. I've checked Mubasher and especially like its stock watch feature. It has some good info, too. But I guess we're on our own when it comes to figuring out the best companies to invest in. I appreciate your insights.

I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that the telecom stocks will come out high on the ISX. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trading anywhere from between 40-120 a share - which means they'll be out of my league at a 100,000 share minimum buy. (But, at least we're in the game, right?) I am hoping/dreaming for the $1 range.

Have a good one!

Sinjin.

Thank you, rightsonword. I've checked Mubasher and especially like its stock watch feature. It has some good info, too. But I guess we're on our own when it comes to figuring out the best companies to invest in. I appreciate your insights.

I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that the telecom stocks will come out high on the ISX. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trading anywhere from between 40-120 a share - which means they'll be out of my league at a 100,000 share minimum buy. (But, at least we're in the game, right?) I am hoping/dreaming for the $1 range.

Have a good one!

Sinjin.

I'm glad I could help. Yeah, i really wish information on the companies was more readily available, but I think we are in good hands. I think there are profits to be made since we are getting in early.

I'm excited about the telecom stocks, too. Asia Cell sometime in June has my attention, but I'm debating if I should buy the IPO shares immediately as soon as they are available or if i should wait a week or so. Traditionally, on the first day of an IPO, the price of the shares are inflated due to demand and then go down after a few days. If you check the history of some of the companies on the ISX website, you'll see this. It just happened with the FaceBook IPO and it happened with Google and Amazon's IPOs as well. So, my plan is to either buy first day of release and sell a day or two later and the buy again after the price settles, or wait a week and then buy. I'm with you in that if they come out too high, I'll probably pass and get more bank stocks. I don't have a lot to spend.

Would like to hear others thoughts on this strategy.

Edited by rightsonword

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update.

Thanks to rightsonword I took on Iraqi Engineering Works (IIEW) and National Chemical & Plastics (INCP) now as well

My reasons for Al -Khazer for Construction Materials were the same... they will be needing materials for all the projects and for me INCP is a no brainer for a country that has soooo much oil and wants to be more then an oil country.

Thanks for getting me thinking :)

I'm new here :)

Been thinking about this and have not moved but after reading this thread, you make me curious :)

Can you give me the cheat sheet how to open an account for ISX ?

I heard I have to open the Warka acct and aljezera for trading ?

Thanks a bunch :)

These are the company stocks I own on the ISX. I'm not a big player by any means. Just curious what other people might be investing in or if anyone can offer any advice. I've only bought, not sold (don't own enough of each stock to really influence me one way or the other to buy or sell repeatedly). I'm in these stocks for the long term. I'm trying to diversify amongst all the industries offered on the ISX. I'm waiting for Asia Cell in June aswell. What do you think?

Real Estate

Aqaar SMRI

Industry

Iraqi Engineering Works IIEW

Modern Sewing IMOS

Baghdad Soft Drinks IBSD

Al -Khazer for Construction Materials IKHC

Banks

Dar es salam Investment Bank BDSI

Bank Of Baghdad BBOB

Ashur International Bank BASH

Middle East Investment Bank BIME

Al Mansour Bank BMNS (Buy Order Pending until they trade again)

Services

Iraqi Land Transport SILT

AL-Nukhba for Construction SNUC

Tourism

National for Tourist Investment HNTI

Agriculture

Modern for Animal Production AMAP

Iraqi for Seed Production AISP

Alcoa - down to its bottom now - good for longer term. :P

Hello guys :)

I have a few more questions :)

1. I have looked and read al jezera website, the trading , is it in USD or dinar ?

2. Is it direct deposit to al jezera from bank in the States kinda like with etrade or ameritrade?

3. If I were to open a bank account, is it going to be warka or is there any other banks ?

Thanks for your replies :)

You transfer money from your bank thru an intermediary bank in Jordan to the Al-Jezera account in Baghdad and no it's not Warka. Once funds reach your trading account they are automatically converted into Dinar and all your trades and ISX stocks are in Dinar.

You really should be bringing this up with Al-Jezera...

I have a few questions about Al Jazera brokerage and if anyone is able to answer them it would be appreciated.

1. I use Charles Schwab as my brokerage for the US Markets. With Charles Schwab I have a brokerage account and an investor's checking account with a debit card and checks. This allows me to cash out assets and transfer them from my brokerage account to my checking account and I have access to my invested money/ profits at the click of a button.

My question: does Al Jazera brokerage have this same kind of a service? I guess the jist of my question is has anyone, after opening an account with Al Jazera and having actively performed some trades, ever tried to pull any of their money back out, even if just a small amount?

2. What about taxes? Did anyone have an Iraqi brokerage account last year that made a profit? If so, did you claim that on your taxes? I would imagine that profits made on the ISX are just as subject to taxation (by the US government) as are profits on the US markets.

3. Since this is an overseas exchange if profits are made on another country's market(s) does that mean you are also subject to taxes on profits in that country?

Okay, just a few questions on my mind regarding the ISX. Any help would be appreciated.

WW.

I don't think anyone has withdrawn any large returns as no one would do anything like that until after an RV type situation so no tax implications have come up.

I do remember seeing that someone tested having money returned (a small amount) and it went fine.

AFA taxes, check with a professional. That is what I will do.

It doesn't matter what my ISX account is worth until I start to withdraw then taxation comes into play.

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone has withdrawn any large returns as no one would do anything like that until after an RV type situation so no tax implications have come up.

I do remember seeing that someone tested having money returned (a small amount) and it went fine.

AFA taxes, check with a professional. That is what I will do.

It doesn't matter what my ISX account is worth until I start to withdraw then taxation comes into play.

Thanks for the info... :) just wondering about the bank account in Jordan, is it something that Al-Jezera arranges for us...? or do we need to go through the Iraqi Embassy to open one just like with Warka..? if I am not mistaken...

Thanks for all your help.. at least we can buy something with dinar :)