Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

To All Vets

Loco01

THE MOST STUPID STATEMENT EVER BY A PRESIDENT!! HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES. Bad press, including major mockery of the play by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 billion annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal. "Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans." Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their families whom you know. How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader? REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT.... "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice?" If he thinks he will ever get another vote from an Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he ought to think it over.. If you or a family member is or has served their country please pass this to them. Please pass this to everyone. I'm guessing that other than the 20-25 percent hardcore liberals in the US will agree that this is just another example why this is the worst president in American history. Remind everyone over and over how this man thinks, while he bows to the Saudi Arabian king...

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

THE MOST STUPID STATEMENT EVER BY A PRESIDENT!! HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES. Bad press, including major mockery of the play by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 billion annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal. "Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans." Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their families whom you know. How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader? REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT.... "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice?" If he thinks he will ever get another vote from an Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he ought to think it over.. If you or a family member is or has served their country please pass this to them. Please pass this to everyone. I'm guessing that other than the 20-25 percent hardcore liberals in the US will agree that this is just another example why this is the worst president in American history. Remind everyone over and over how this man thinks, while he bows to the Saudi Arabian king...

He will not get my vote and never will, his smooth talking in front of the camera has everyone fooled, it is what he has done and is doing behind the scenes that is destructive.

• Upvote 1

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1sa20ZkWd

BIG BUNCH OF BS!!! A lot of our troops were drafted ,did not volunteer and DID shed BLOOD so the ALL Americans could be safe.

Yes, a lot of US DID volunteer and did so to serve and protect THIS COUNTRY!

I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR OBAMA, EVER!!!

Edited by kjwayne

This just sooo disgusts me! How could he have the odacity, to think our servicemen should pay for their own insurance and healthcare, while his cronies in WWashington, are wasting Trillions of our hard earned money. How the majority of people in this country cannot see he is a COMPLETE INCOMPETENT, is so bewildering to me. Like I've said before. Obama needed a vacation, so he became the president of the United States.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. As a veteran, American, and just plain rational thinker, I am offended that someone believes I am stupid enough to accept it as true. :angry:

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

THE MOST STUPID STATEMENT EVER BY A PRESIDENT!! HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES. Bad press, including major mockery of the play by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 billion annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal. "Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans." Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their families whom you know. How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader? REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT.... "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice?" If he thinks he will ever get another vote from an Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he ought to think it over.. If you or a family member is or has served their country please pass this to them. Please pass this to everyone. I'm guessing that other than the 20-25 percent hardcore liberals in the US will agree that this is just another example why this is the worst president in American history. Remind everyone over and over how this man thinks, while he bows to the or greated Saudi Arabian king...

This is BS. (my effort to cleannup what I was really thinking) I am a 100% disabeled Viet Nam Vet. If you have a service connected injury, that injury is completely covered, with no co-pay. If you are 50% disabeled or greater there is no co-pay period and all illness is covered. seems that a very little researche would have yielded the truth. I am so sick of everything thats wrong with this country being attributed to President Obama. "Shoot" If he did half of the stuff folks say he did.....He would have not time to do some of the stuff he gets done. Before you go off with your red pen... to give me a neg.......understand this "Reading and Research" are absolutely fundamental! The folks that serve know this is Bull Shot

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

When these military guys go to war we should not be having our hands out for them to give more, we should be putting our hads out to give thanks. My dad said when he came back from the Korean war, he stepped off the ship and was offered a hot cup of coffie from the red cross, and the next step was a person asking for a donation. He put down his coffee and left discusted. Im sure this is the way the military and most people look at him now.

• Upvote 1

Loco01,

I do not doubt for a minute that our illustrious CNC actually made these statements. However; in the interest of fairness, can you provide us a link to this or even a time and place so we can research it ourselves.

Roadrunner

Got it in a e-mail but after your question YaHooed it I don,t Google

Came up with this www.thedailyshow.com/...2009/...veterans--health-insurance

Just so everyone will know; my request for a link was only for the statements Obama was supposed to have made. As far as the proposal itself, I remember when this happened in 2009. He wanted servicemen to be required to carry private healthcare that would reimburse the government for any medical benefits we received through the VA. Anyone who wants to do thirty seconds worth of research can find this all over the web. The American Legion, the VFW, NRA and a dozen other groups swooped in on this and it was dropped very quickly. What I thought was funny was the way he tried to sell it as a benefit to the serviceman by saying it would ensure that they received the treatment they deserved for their service. He never did explain why he thought they should bear the cost of premiums and deductibles.

Roadrunner

While I agree that Obama is the worst president ever, this turns out to be a fabricated chain email. The man does enough horrible things on his own. No need for made up stuff.

My link

The responses in this thread is why people make up chain emails like this. People, 99% of the chain emails you get are complete crap. Stop being so damn gullible.

• Upvote 5

Analysis:

Mostly fiction. It's true that in March 2009 the Obama administration considered a plan to bill military veterans' private health insurance companies for treatment of service-related injuries, but it's false that the President uttered the statements above in response to veterans groups who objected to the proposal. The alleged quotes were fabricated.

That still leaves more than 5 Trillion reasons to, NOT vote for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One day, it may get to the point where these over-confident people such as Obama just may have to depend on the veterans again, to defend them on our home soil. All I can say it would suck to be him. :angry:

When these military guys go to war we should not be having our hands out for them to give more, we should be putting our hads out to give thanks. My dad said when he came back from the Korean war, he stepped off the ship and was offered a hot cup of coffie from the red cross, and the next step was a person asking for a donation. He put down his coffee and left discusted. Im sure this is the way the military and most people look at him now.

My dad, who was in WW II basically said the same thing. He was offered coffee for free behind the lines by the Salvation Army. If you wanted coffee from the Red Cross you had to pay. From then on, he never donated to the Red Cross, only to the Salvation Army. I agree though, we all should be extending our hands in thanks to these brave veterans...from ALL wars.

• Upvote 2

[He would have not time to do some of the stuff he gets done. Before you go off with your red pen... to give me a neg.......understand this "Reading and Research" are absolutely fundamental! The folks that serve know this is Bull Shot

Play golf and vacation? :lmao:

Not gonna lie. If given the chance, I would play golf with the President......beat him by 16 trillion strokes.....watch him spontaneously combust......and wait patiently for Roadrunner to spring into action. :D

GO RV, then BV

16 trillion strokes...how long is the course you're playing? Do you measure the holes in light years??? :rolleyes:

Got it in a e-mail but after your question YaHooed it I don,t Google

Came up with this www.thedailyshow.com/...2009/...veterans--health-insurance

Got in a email, another e rumor that a bored person decided to pass along. I wonder why they are working so hard to help the veterans come back from war with job placement and medical attention. I guess it was no links in the email so we can verify?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1