Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kaperoni chat on Dr. Bakri paper 4/7/2012

katie45

I like Kaperonies posts. Seems level headed to me, just my opinion. Saw someone called him pepperonie..my opinion again..I think it's the mushroom with a comment like that..In the dark.

always wanted to say this the sheep are like mushrooms feed them sh** and keep them in the dark lol

• Upvote 1

I have a close friend who speaks fluent Arabic, so I sent the attachment to him via Facebook. This is a quick bankers summary of the pdf paper he just provided me.

"12 million iraqi dinars equal $1,000 USD. The article state thats gonna change as they are working on making the iraqi dinar more valuable should be 1,200 dinars to $1,000 USD!!!! Thr article talks about this being implented in the future. No exact date however"

He has been gracious enough to do this whenever I have asked, so if you have just a few questions I woud be happy to ask him for this thread. Wiz

12 million = 1K. You are clearly lousy with a keyboard or have some homework to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 13

12 million = 1K. You are clearly lousy with a keyboard or have some homework to do.

Asked and answered, he is on a Iphone give him a break, he was doing a favor, and tonight you clearly have no class or you are in a lousy mood. It's ok though, have a great night, on to more important matters Easter Eggs......

• Upvote 12

I will ask if thats "current in country value" would that be the right way to ask that question? I don't want him to think I am totally stupid.

If ya look stupid oh well. Me personally, I don't care what others think because not everybody is going to like me, thats a given, the only dumb question is the one usually not asked. Now if it's 1.2million = 1000 then I think thats still headed in the wrong direction because I'm getting more dinar for my dollar or in their case less dollars for dinar. My thoughts are the cbi or these economist are not telling us everything. Speculators stop buying now due to them talking LOP and the whales stay out. If I were a whale, I hold out because my millions are making me money, I don't want to tie it up on something that won't make me money. As a whale I would attempt to wait until the last moment, hey, I've been good so far or I wouldn't have millions. Last but not least if my post offended you that wasn't my intent so I ask forgiveness. btw, Happy Easter

Listen to the origional Phone Chat. It very clearly states we will receive a profit of 1000 times our investment. $1000 US for 1,000,000 Dinar becomes $1,000,000 US....1,000 times 1,000 equals 1,000,000 The numbers are slightly different but you can see the reasoning. As I recall in the summery they said the actual RV would be between 1:1 and 1.25:1

• Upvote 1

If ya look stupid oh well. Me personally, I don't care what others think because not everybody is going to like me, thats a given, the only dumb question is the one usually not asked. Now if it's 1.2million = 1000 then I think thats still headed in the wrong direction because I'm getting more dinar for my dollar or in their case less dollars for dinar. My thoughts are the cbi or these economist are not telling us everything. Speculators stop buying now due to them talking LOP and the whales stay out. If I were a whale, I hold out because my millions are making me money, I don't want to tie it up on something that won't make me money. As a whale I would attempt to wait until the last moment, hey, I've been good so far or I wouldn't have millions. Last but not least if my post offended you that wasn't my intent so I ask forgiveness. btw, Happy Easter

I hope you don't think I was offended at anything you posted. I wasn't. I have stated clearly in previous posts that I am a mortgage banker, I have absolutely zero expertise in this investment, so when a friend who doesn't have any vested interest in the dinar simply translates a article for me, and I post his translation verbatim with or without E&O's disclaimer, I don't expect to be slammed by another member who failed to read the previous posts. So no you did nothing to offend me, I am a pretty laid back kind of woman, someone asked for a translation, I tried to oblige; for that I was chastised. For the individual that slammed me on my keyboard techniques, lets talk about the housing market, and the next wave of foreclosures headed our way, look for it in "Off Topic". I would be more than happy to demonstrate the effective use of my keyboard techniques, and how my "homework" keeps me at the "head of the class" in my profession.

Happy Easter friend, hope that explains things a little better. You and I are straight, just didn't know what to ask a friend who doesn't invest in this currency.

• Upvote 7

Kaperoni: “The history of modern economics tells us that many nations in the world such as the countries involved in WW1 and WW2 or most recently the collapse of the Eastern Bloc countries, have taken one of these two measures, either by changing the whole national currency or eliminating zeros from the currencies so that it can go back to its previous stable condition.”

:unsure: does anyone have any historical examples of a currency increasing in value, by removing zeros, without changing the whole nations currency??? :unsure:

• Upvote 2

I have a close friend who speaks fluent Arabic, so I sent the attachment to him via Facebook. This is a quick bankers summary of the pdf paper he just provided me.

"12 million iraqi dinars equal $1,000 USD. The article state thats gonna change as they are working on making the iraqi dinar more valuable should be 1,200 dinars to $1,000 USD!!!! Thr article talks about this being implented in the future. No exact date however"

He has been gracious enough to do this whenever I have asked, so if you have just a few questions I woud be happy to ask him for this thread. Wiz

1,200 dinars to $1,000 .......I'll sure take that. Thanks............GO RV !!! B)

I hope you don't think I was offended at anything you posted. I wasn't. I have stated clearly in previous posts that I am a mortgage banker, I have absolutely zero expertise in this investment, so when a friend who doesn't have any vested interest in the dinar simply translates a article for me, and I post his translation verbatim with or without E&O's disclaimer, I don't expect to be slammed by another member who failed to read the previous posts. So no you did nothing to offend me, I am a pretty laid back kind of woman, someone asked for a translation, I tried to oblige; for that I was chastised. For the individual that slammed me on my keyboard techniques, lets talk about the housing market, and the next wave of foreclosures headed our way, look for it in "Off Topic". I would be more than happy to demonstrate the effective use of my keyboard techniques, and how my "homework" keeps me at the "head of the class" in my profession.

Happy Easter friend, hope that explains things a little better. You and I are straight, just didn't know what to ask a friend who doesn't invest in this currency.

Thank you for your effort and help msmortgagewiz, it is appreciated more than you realize. Have a wonderful Easter. :)

• Upvote 4

:unsure: does anyone have any historical examples of a currency increasing in value, by removing zeros, without changing the whole nations currency??? :unsure:

Brazil/Google Scholar/It is posted as a how and why only.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:X5Fc1w9p3JQJ:www.managementjournals.org/ijems/IJEMS-11-1117-aug.pdf+brazil+devaluation+policy+of+deleting+three+zeros&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShGSBpnuBBhcpqcs_GQhZ4FqRVm0W5wDQUVT-AUhqkfQDtZJF08-RkQjdhVM0Ww3RhN32oJWD6EzKip0mGHj7D95C6lpkgwH6MpZ6-JycKyWuxXvU7EQakDK-7zh9P5HLT3-n43&sig=AHIEtbQJ6VL_fsi1mhYyPY52YaDmLXoUZA

1,200 dinars to $1,000 .......I'll sure take that. Thanks............GO RV !!! B)

Thank you for your effort and help msmortgagewiz, it is appreciated more than you realize. Have a wonderful Easter. :)

Thank you for that kind message, I was starting to beat myself up. Have a wonderful Easter too, anything more than what I had when I started will be more than appreciated. Go RV!!! M

• Upvote 1

those are "redenominations", not the same as increasing value by removing zeros without replacement currency.

In the previous posts, we were discussing economists, and the importance of what they are saying in peer reviewed articles versus guru garbage. The above being one such article. The link posted above was simply used to illustrate and better understand how governments decide on and implement economic policies, and why it is necessary to adopt a political economy perspective that focuses on how economic and political considerations interact and may cause a delay in "a process". Oh and I incorrectly stated Brazil in my baseline, It was actually written regarding Iran. Dern I forgot my E & O's again. Anyway, Iraq isn't the first country to undertake this process, and instead of relying on the guru garbage, there are plenty of scholarly peer reviewed documents such as the one I posted that offer educated summary of the "how and why", and yes it was somewhat of a timeline of all that goes into monetary change, regardless of what kind of monetary change they (name a country) are trying to implement. I am quite sure Turkey or Brazil, may have looked at if not used some other country's "plan" to implement what Iraq's self induced struggle is attempting to accomplish. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you want to do some homework look at the Mexican Peso. I spent a lot of time down there in the 80's. As I recall they adjusted their currency to par up with others.

In the previous posts, we were discussing economists, and the importance of what they are saying in peer reviewed articles versus guru garbage. The above being one such article. The link posted above was simply used to illustrate and better understand how governments decide on and implement economic policies, and why it is necessary to adopt a political economy perspective that focuses on how economic and political considerations interact, and may cause a delay in "a process". Oh and I incorrectly stated Brazil in my baseline, It was actually written regarding Iran. Dern I forgot my E & O's again. Anyway, Iraq isn't the first country to undertake this process, and instead of relying on the guru garbage, there are plenty of scholarly peer reviewed documents such as the one I posted that offer educated summary of the "how and why", and yes it was somewhat of a timeline of all that goes into monetary change, regardless of what kind of monetary change they (name a country) are trying to implement. I am quite sure Turkey or Brazil may have looked at if not used some other country's "plan" to implement what Iraq's self induced struggle is attempting to accomplish. I have no documentation to support that statement. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here is another very interesting publication from 2003. Papers in this volume were prepared for a meeting of senior officials from central banks held at the Bank for International Settlements in September 2002. Doesn't and isn't meant to prove anything, more than monetary policy, reform or macroecomics if you will, and by all accounts it is heavily studied, and documented. Yet we tend to wander on over the other sites for the National Inquiry version of the status of our RV. I have done it in the past as well, but the more I read the more creedence I put in what the economist have to say. Good Night and Gooooooooooooooooo RV...Please?

http://www.bis.org/publ/bppdf/bispap17.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I work in the accounting field tracking other people's money. When I see numbers posted I take them literally. I meant no disrespect to the member. Have a great day everyone! :D

Other people take "words" literally, and yours were highly disrespectful. You owe her an apology for your rudeness, not merely an explanation.

If you want to do some homework look at the Mexican Peso. I spent a lot of time down there in the 80's. As I recall they adjusted their currency to par up with others.

They did adjust their currency.....by redenominating.....it wasnt a straight RV.....they introduced a NEW peso with a higher value

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2