Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kaperoni chat on Dr. Bakri paper 4/7/2012

katie45

We don't have all of the information to make heads or tails from this. For instance, 1.2 million dinar once 3 zeroes are lifted/deleted becomes 1200 dinars and valued to the 1000 USD like the 1.2 million was prior to lifting/deleting the zeroes, this assume an RV of the currency somewhere along the way and the somewhere along the way is the key, is it prior to lifting/deleting the zeroes or after the lifting/deleting of the zeroes. The part that states 1000 dinar will equal 1000 USD after this is done would lead me to believe that there was an RV of $1 prior to introducing new denominations, my question is is the a quote from the Dr Bakri or is this Kaperoni's breakdown, the links are in arabic and I don't have the means to translate them. I'll wait until it happens to see how much I've made.

Happy Easter everyone!

• Upvote 2

First, this is a rough translation and very confusing.

Dr. Bakri::: "This does not affect the value of the dinar so far but it opens the dinar to the free currency market such as against the dollar, etc."

This quote is saying that deleting the zeros "does not affect" the value of the dinar, and then later he says that "If three zeros were lifted from the IQD this means the IQD becomes stronger 1000 times in terms of value." This is contradictory, and until an accurate translation turns up, there is no way to tell what this really means.

• Upvote 2

So Kap is saying that the Iraqi's just told the world that sometime in the coming months the Dinar will increase in value by 1,000 times? Why would they do that?

Good question. It's called street cred in the ME. Iraq can not continue to use USD if they wish to trade with other Arabic countries. I would think that it's sort of a pride issue. It's my belief that the IQD is way undervalued when you look at their assets. Hopefully, the Summit gave the Iraqi's a swift kick in the a$$.

Thanks for the post Katie. :D

Wish it was in English. Anyone translated it yet and posted?

I have a close friend who speaks fluent Arabic, so I sent the attachment to him via Facebook. This is a quick bankers summary of the pdf paper he just provided me.

"12 million iraqi dinars equal $1,000 USD. The article state thats gonna change as they are working on making the iraqi dinar more valuable should be 1,200 dinars to $1,000 USD!!!! Thr article talks about this being implented in the future. No exact date however"

He has been gracious enough to do this whenever I have asked, so if you have just a few questions I woud be happy to ask him for this thread. Wiz

• Upvote 5

I have a close friend who speaks fluent Arabic, so I sent the attachment to him via Facebook. This is a quick bankers summary of the pdf paper he just provided me.

"12 million iraqi dinars equal $1,000 USD. The article state thats gonna change as they are working on making the iraqi dinar more valuable should be 1,200 dinars to $1,000 USD!!!! Thr article talks about this being implented in the future. No exact date however"

He has been gracious enough to do this whenever I have asked, so if you have just a few questions I woud be happy to ask him for this thread. Wiz

12 million dinar equals 1000 USD? that's a slap in the face now. I hope that's a misprint.